Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='Roufuss']Anyone?

Heading to Gamerush soon, and I don't want to waste the 15 minute drive down there just for them to say it's too late.

I know you can preorder stuff at EB / Gamestop right until the ship date, not sure if Gamerush closes it off early (since they seem to do things in a different, odd way than everyone else).[/QUOTE]

I think this is YMMV depending on the employee. I'm sure most would still let you pre-order it, but the best way to determine this would just be to call them. Or, if you have another game on pre-order, just change it to Hulk and pre-order that game again.

from my exp, you need to pre-order about 4-5 days before it comes out. If your name is not on the list when it ships, then it does not count as a pre-order.

[quote name='Americanpierg']OK...i just read some very serious (and scary?) information about "reselling" items for profit. Apparently, you are supposed to report the profit you made from reselling the items on your tax report. IE if you sell a game for more than its retail price on ebay (MvC2 anyone?).

My question is, for us who has raked in hundreds of dollars in Gamerush Credits, are we supposed to report that as income??[/QUOTE]

How about we don't say crap, and don’t get taxed? Is the government really going to track us through GameRush. Another thing, can you just post things relevant to the deals? This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Tax Report. I know you have an "MBA in economics", but that doesn't mean we care to hear about your Tax ramblings.

found a different store in LA that is doing the 25% thing

with the bonus:
madden 06 $43.75
forza $37.50
fight night round 2 $37.50
darkwatch $37.50
medabots $25
bia $15.63

[quote name='shipwreck']The Xbox 360 is now in GameRush's system. According to the clerks at the one I went to, they only have a sku for the $399 version. I pre-ordered mine with $50 down over lunch. Have the employees look up "Xbox 360 Wirless Version" (that's what's on my receipt).[/QUOTE]

Thank You! I went today to my favorite GR and made their first preorder on the system. They only had the $399 version, but required $100 down.

Damn....I was just at GameRush and they said they did not have the XBOX360 yet. Oh well....

I did trade in two games:
Nightmare Druga $15.75
GAlleon $20

Pre-Ordered Scarface for XBOX (I believe it's only for 360 though)

I also rented Death Jr. I guess when I return that I'll pre-order myself a XBOX360.

[quote name='doubledown']Damn....I was just at GameRush and they said they did not have the XBOX360 yet. Oh well....

I did trade in two games:
Nightmare Druga $15.75
GAlleon $20

Pre-Ordered Scarface for XBOX (I believe it's only for 360 though)

I also rented Death Jr. I guess when I return that I'll pre-order myself a XBOX360.[/QUOTE]

Scarface is coming to Xbox and Xbox 360.

[quote name='billyknoxville']How about we don't say crap, and don’t get taxed? Is the government really going to track us through GameRush. Another thing, can you just post things relevant to the deals? This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Tax Report. I know you have an "MBA in economics", but that doesn't mean we care to hear about your Tax ramblings.[/QUOTE]

sheesh, i guess someone's not going to pass their irs audit...

First, the positives:

Second Sight (ps2) - $7.00
Project Snowblind (ps2) - $6.50

This is without the 25%, since this GR had no clue what that deal was, and I had no time to mess with them.

Second, I preordered Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction... so it seems you can preorder a game right until the day it ships.

The negatives:

I forgot how much I hate Gamerush. It took EB 5 minutes to manually put in 3 GBA games, look up the SKU's on TWO DS games (since they already shipped, they weren't in the preorder list anymore, but I could still preorder), took down all my info, and even chat with me for a minute or two about the games.

It took Gamerush 20 minutes just to take down my info on two games, and then figure out the trade 2 get a PO for 29.99 deal. At first, the girl didn't think I could pay it all off and just put $5 down, but I remembered this thread and how people said it caused problems, so I had to insist 2 or 3 times to pay it all off before she let me.

I guess getting Hulk for $18 bucks though is worth the 20 minute hassle... but they really need to update their system.

[quote name='Roufuss']
The negatives:

I forgot how much I hate Gamerush. It took EB 5 minutes to manually put in 3 GBA games, look up the SKU's on TWO DS games (since they already shipped, they weren't in the preorder list anymore, but I could still preorder), took down all my info, and even chat with me for a minute or two about the games.

It took Gamerush 20 minutes just to take down my info on two games, and then figure out the trade 2 get a PO for 29.99 deal. At first, the girl didn't think I could pay it all off and just put $5 down, but I remembered this thread and how people said it caused problems, so I had to insist 2 or 3 times to pay it all off before she let me.

I guess getting Hulk for $18 bucks though is worth the 20 minute hassle... but they really need to update their system.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly (based on everyone elses experiences), my GR has been pretty good. Other than the first preorder I made there (when the guy spent ten minutes trying to find the Zelda barcode), I've been in and gone in five minutes, tops, with a few moments spent discussing CAG. The last time even involved ripping open a game I just bought to get the extra 25%, which is always a big pain in the ass nowadays.

Only thing I don't like is the itty-bitty GC section.

[quote name='Roufuss']
The negatives:

I guess getting Hulk for $18 bucks though is worth the 20 minute hassle... but they really need to update their system.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad but is definitely on the extreme end, even for GR. Mine is always pretty good about it, even with a bunch of new employees there recently. And I tend to put them through the ringer (asking if things are in the preorder system, asking trade-in prices, making sure I get the 25%, etc). Hmmm... maybe it is because of me that they are so knowledgable about the deals :D.

EB, on the other hand, is pissing me off because I'm trying to call right now to make sure they hold the Nintendogs preorder bonus for me (not to mention my Daschund version) since I'm out of town and can't get in till Thurs. It is 7 pm in Oregon right now and the rat bas***ds aren't answering their phone. I've called 5 or 6 times!

[quote name='andrew333']
medabots $25
[/quote]

GRRR!! I went to about 7 TRU's in the DC area and did not see a single copy of this game! Anyone know what Defender and MK Deadly Alliance get?

So other than Iridion 2 and Trivial Pursuit, what are some other canidates to trade into Gamerush that are cheap and part of the 50% TRU sale?

I figure that if I have to go back to get Hulk, I might as well stop by TRU before hand and clean them out of TP's and Iridion 2's, but I want to try and get some diversity, so I don't have another Druaga incident.

[quote name='Roufuss']So other than Iridion 2 and Trivial Pursuit, what are some other canidates to trade into Gamerush that are cheap and part of the 50% TRU sale?

I figure that if I have to go back to get Hulk, I might as well stop by TRU before hand and clean them out of TP's and Iridion 2's, but I want to try and get some diversity, so I don't have another Druaga incident.[/QUOTE]

Medabots (GC), Powerpuff Girls (GC), Midway Arcade Treasures (PS2), thats all I can think of offhand.

[quote name='botticus']Medabots (GC), Powerpuff Girls (GC), Midway Arcade Treasures (PS2), thats all I can think of offhand.[/QUOTE]

Stuff that isn't extremely YMMV to find :p

I remember io, I think it was, said that Demon Stone was a good one.

[quote name='Roufuss']Stuff that isn't extremely YMMV to find :p

I remember io, I think it was, said that Demon Stone was a good one.[/QUOTE]

No, someone said that was $5 at TRU and traded for $8. When I went to TRU it was $10 - so that's not a good one :D.

[quote name='io']No, someone said that was $5 at TRU and traded for $8. When I went to TRU it was $10 - so that's not a good one :D.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just looked at the list, lol.

Like I told you in the PM, I'm only going to do one or two preorder's for games coming up... I honestly don't trust Gamerush enough to lay down preorders for games for the rest of the year, judging by what I've seen when I've been in there.

They were really happy to get my one preorder though... I kind of felt bad for them, like I was the only person who pre-ordered something all day :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, just looked at the list, lol.

Like I told you in the PM, I'm only going to do one or two preorder's for games coming up... I honestly don't trust Gamerush enough to lay down preorders for games for the rest of the year, judging by what I've seen when I've been in there.

They were really happy to get my one preorder though... I kind of felt bad for them, like I was the only person who pre-ordered something all day :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't imagine they get more than 1 or 2 per day. One day a few weeks ago I did 3 preorders and they were all excited because someone else earlier did 3 as well - it was some sort of record for a day :D.

I have to trust that their preorders will work out because I have so many :D. Some aren't due out till next March or later (like FF XII and Zelda).

Does anyone know the SKU part number for the 360? Maybe thatll help my local branch out. Thats all i have left to get. I cant wait. I know ill probably be the 1st in my store to preorder.

OK, gizmogc posted a Nintendo press release here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63887

that has a release dates for the rest of the year. Now GR has NO EXCUSE not to get the rest of these games in their preorder list. Hey GR corporate types lurking here - GET IT DONE! :D. The interesting one is Metroid Pinball with the rumble pack coming out so soon. Hopefully GR won't categorize this as an accessory like they did with Donkey Konga and disqualify it from the preorder deal.

Here are the more interesting releases, with ones marked with * already available for preorder from GR. Read the original thread linked above to see all the games for GC, DS, and GBA (in particular there are a ton of GBA games I didn't list here).

Nintendo DS:
* Aug. 22: Advance Wars: Dual Strike from Nintendo
* Aug. 22: Nintendogs from Nintendo
Aug. 23: Pac n' Roll from Namco
*September: Lunar Dragon Song from Ubisoft
*September: Ultimate Spider-Man from Activision
Oct. 24: Metroid Prime Pinball from Nintendo
October: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney from Capcom
October: Trauma Center: Under the Knife from Atlus
*Nov. 14: Mario Kart DS from Nintendo
Nov. 28: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time from Nintendo
*November: Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team from Capcom
*November: Sonic Rush from Sega
*November: Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble from Capcom
*Dec. 5: Animal Crossing from Nintendo
*Fall: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow from Konami
Fall: Dig Dug Digging Strike from Namco
Fall: Zoo Tycoon from THQ
*January: Age of Empires: The Age of Kings from Majesco
January: Bust-A-Move from Majesco
*Q1 2006: Metroid Prime Hunters from Nintendo

Game Boy Advance/Game Boy Micro:
Dec. 5: Dr. Mario / Puzzle League from Nintendo
Dec. 5: Mario Tennis: Power Tour from Nintendo

Nintendo GameCube:
* Aug. 29: Mario Superstar Baseball from Nintendo
* Sept. 19: Battalion Wars from Nintendo
* September: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown from Ubisoft
* September: Ultimate Spider-Man from Activision
Oct. 17: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance from Nintendo
Oct. 24: Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix from Nintendo
Nov. 7: Mario Party 7 from Nintendo
* November: Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble from Capcom
Dec. 5: Super Mario Strikers from Nintendo

In particular, they need to get Metroid Pinball, Mario & Luigi for the DS, and Fire Emblem, Mario Party 7, and Super Mario Strikers for GC in their system.

Preordered the 360 today...nice to finally get $399 off my value card. It wasn't "officially" in the system so they marked me as "paid" on the list. (better keep my receipt) It will be in the system later this week.

The manager said he hoped to get the 360 games on a preorder deal soon, trade 2 get one for $40. This would be nice, as I will have another dozen $25+ games to trade in the next month or so.

Right now the only launch game I am definatele getting is Oblivian, but with a trade-in deal it will make it easier to decide what else to get.

[quote name='h2dk']
Right now the only launch game I am definatele getting is Oblivian, but with a trade-in deal it will make it easier to decide what else to get.[/QUOTE]

If I got an Xbox 360 that would be the only reason. But I might just hold off till I can play it on the PC... If GR gets a trade-in deal on the Xbox 360 games that will help.

Wow - so you dropped the entire $399 down? Did they offer a $50 or $100 deposit option? Bet you made his week :D I'll add to it with some more preorders on Thursday...

Traded in these today with 25% bonus:
Galleon $25
Nightmare Druaga $19.69
King of fighters: MI collection 19.69 (Just the game itself is only 6.50)

But what I was surprised to see at this store was used japanese GBA games mostly pokemon and yugi-oh especially alot of yugi-oh destiny board traveler one. Was this game that bad or did it just gave good credit?

[quote name='botticus']Surprisingly (based on everyone elses experiences), my GR has been pretty good. Other than the first preorder I made there (when the guy spent ten minutes trying to find the Zelda barcode), I've been in and gone in five minutes, tops, with a few moments spent discussing CAG. The last time even involved ripping open a game I just bought to get the extra 25%, which is always a big pain in the ass nowadays.

Only thing I don't like is the itty-bitty GC section.[/QUOTE]

It always takes like 15 minutes at the register for me...even at the good GR stores. They never have their shit together. I kinda feel like a dork for holding up the line sometimes, but then I'm like eh, whatever...not my fault.

I was able to change my preorder from Zelda to Digital Devil Saga 2: lets just hope they get it in, it was in the syatem so they said they could preorder it.

[quote name='commish']I was able to change my preorder from Zelda to Digital Devil Saga 2: lets just hope they get it in, it was in the syatem so they said they could preorder it.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably gonna go ahead and switch it to something. Kinda silly keeping a game on preorder for almost a year, when there will undoubtedly be deals there or elsewhere once it nears launch again.

Just a little FYI, my one GR (Farmington Hills, MI) still has not recieved my copy Geist. I checked my receipt (I keep all of them just in case) and I pre-ordered on March 14. This is one of the worst run GR around. They never called me about games, and when they did the games were really not in. I am going in today to demand my full credit for the game and get it at my new GR.

[quote name='commish']I was able to change my preorder from Zelda to Digital Devil Saga 2: lets just hope they get it in, it was in the syatem so they said they could preorder it.[/QUOTE]

Considering they never got the first one, or really any Atlus title for that matter, I would have low hopes for this. It's kind of strange that they would have a lot of games in their system, but they'd only pick a good portion of them up. But who knows! :)

Is there anyway someone could post a small mini-faq on what the best way to get the games and do the trade-ins is for someone who wants a large number of pre-orders? I know Gamerushes typically don't like you trading in multiple copies of the same game, so it seems like there are only a handful of games you can get a TRU. What are people doing for the other games? Are there other deals or are you using games from your own collection?

Also, for DS, GBA games, and stuff that retails at 29.99 and less, how does the deal work? Isn't it just like you're getting credit for it and no deal at all?

Finally, how is GR about taking games without manual/front cover? Is there anyway to get them to accept these, or is it pretty much hit or miss?

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']Is there anyway someone could post a small mini-faq on what the best way to get the games and do the trade-ins is for someone who wants a large number of pre-orders? I know Gamerushes typically don't like you trading in multiple copies of the same game, so it seems like there are only a handful of games you can get a TRU. What are people doing for the other games? Are there other deals or are you using games from your own collection?

Also, for DS, GBA games, and stuff that retails at 29.99 and less, how does the deal work? Isn't it just like you're getting credit for it and no deal at all?

Finally, how is GR about taking games without manual/front cover? Is there anyway to get them to accept these, or is it pretty much hit or miss?[/QUOTE]

The deal basically doesn't help you for DS and GBA games. You don't get any extra off the $30 retail price, so yes, it's like getting credit without the deal.

And having the manual and cover really depends on who you get at the counter. Some of the more uptight employees will reject your games, while others may not care. From what I've heard, you're more likely to get full value with a case, but you don't necessarily need a manual.

As far as the game with the best trade-in profit, I'd like to know also ;)

[quote name='shipwreck']The Xbox 360 is now in GameRush's system. According to the clerks at the one I went to, they only have a sku for the $399 version. I pre-ordered mine with $50 down over lunch. Have the employees look up "Xbox 360 Wirless Version" (that's what's on my receipt).[/QUOTE]
Is there a number for them to look it up on the computer on your receipt?

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Is there a number for them to look it up on the computer on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

No, there is no number on my receipt. It just says "XBOX 360 WIRLESS VERSION". They should be able to look it up on their system based on that. Notice that an "E" is missing from "WIRELESS", this is the way it was printed on my receipt.

[quote name='shipwreck']No, there is no number on my receipt. It just says "XBOX 360 WIRLESS VERSION". They should be able to look it up on their system based on that. Notice that an "E" is missing from "WIRELESS", this is the way it was printed on my receipt.[/QUOTE]
okay, Thanks

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']
As far as the game with the best trade-in profit, I'd like to know also ;)[/QUOTE]

With Best Buy and their 5 dollar off ps2 game coupon, you have about 10-15 games that will sell for 5 dollars, and many of those will be in stock unlike those mysterious "free" after coupon games that I have yet to see. Just grap a couple (make sure they retaill for 7.99 used at gamerush, chances are they will), turn them in, get ur 3 or so dollar credit, get ur preorder, shell out 4 dollar out of pocket for each preorder.

First here's some trade in prices for this week:

Madden 06 (Xbox) $30
Fantastic 4 (PS2) $30
Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition (Xbox) $30

Now, time for some additional info on the Xbox 360 pre-order scenario. Like I stated previously, the Xbox 360 is in Blockbuster's system. Unfortunately, there was an email sent out yesterday telling employees that they were not allowed to take reserves on it yet. There was supposed to be a conference call regarding the Xbox 360 today and I'm not sure if that has taken place yet, but I overheard employees talking and it appears that it will take $100 to reserve the system and they may only be getting 10 per store. And like I said before, it appears that they will only be carrying the $399 model. Hopefully, someone will be able to better fill us in on the details. I guess I was just lucky and got mine reserved early. I'm sure a lot of uninformed or uncaring clerks would still let you reserve one.

Oh, and I checked on used DS system prices today and they are still $99.99. Their computers still had new DS's at $149.99 though, so hopefully the used price will drop when they update the new price.

One last edit: I picked up a Darkwatch t-shirt and lanyard today. I had picked up my pre-order for this game last week and hadn't even realized there were pre-order bonuses. So if you pre-ordered it, see if you can go back and get your free stuff.

[quote name='Americanpierg']With Best Buy and their 5 dollar off ps2 game coupon, you have about 10-15 games that will sell for 5 dollars, and many of those will be in stock unlike those mysterious "free" after coupon games that I have yet to see. Just grap a couple (make sure they retaill for 7.99 used at gamerush, chances are they will), turn them in, get ur 3 or so dollar credit, get ur preorder, shell out 4 dollar out of pocket for each preorder.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever tried using the Best Buy PS2 coupon at GR? When I was at GR on Sunday, I noticed one of the little barcode thingees taped to the monitor at the GR counter said "match competitor's coupon" or something to that effect. Can anyone who works for GR confirm what this barcode is meant to be used for?

[quote name='mgreig']Has anyone ever tried using the Best Buy PS2 coupon at GR? When I was at GR on Sunday, I noticed one of the little barcode thingees taped to the monitor at the GR counter said "match competitor's coupon" or something to that effect. Can anyone who works for GR confirm what this barcode is meant to be used for?[/QUOTE]

Well they match competitor's trade in prices and used prices, but there is no way they would match new prices. Just look at the DVD prices at Blockbuster compared to Best Buy or Circuit City.

here are the trade values as of august 9, 2005 (newest flier at my store):

GAMES (does not factor in the extra 25%)

$35
delta force: black hawk down (ps2, xbox)
madden nfl 06 (ps2, xbox)

$32
fantastic 4 (3 systems)

$30
conker: live and reloaded (xbox)
destroy all humans (ps2, xbox)
flat out (ps2, xbox)
forza motorsport (xbox)

$28
ncaa football 2006 (ps2, xbox)

$25
juiced (ps2, xbox)
sid meier's pirates! (xbox)

$24
madden nfl 06 (ds)

$22
coded arms (psp)
colosseum: road to freedom (ps2)
dead to rights: reckoning (psp)

$20
batman begins (3 systems)
charlie & the chocolate factory (3 systems)
full metal alchemist 2: the curse of the crimson (ps2)
lego star wars (ps2)
madagascar (gc)
medal of honor: european assault (3 systems)
samurai western (ps2)

$15
harvest moon: another wonderful life (gc)
madden 06 (gba)

$14
mario kart: double dash (gc)
mario party 4 (gc)
mascar 2005: chase for the cup (ps2)
street fighter:anniversary collection (xbox)
super smash bros. melee (gc)
tiger woods pga tour 2005 (xbox)
tom clancy's ghost recon 2 (gc)
tom clancy's ghost recon summit strike (xbox)

$12
dragonball Z gt: transformation (gba)

$10
outlaw tennis (ps2, xbox)

$8
burnout 3: takedown (ps2, xbox)
crash nitro kart (ps2)
futurama: the game (ps2)
goldeneye: rogue agent (3 systems)
pokemon colosseum (gc)
kingdom under fire (xbox)
legend of zelda: the wind waker (gc)
rapala's pro fishing (ps2, xbox)
star wars battlefront (ps2, xbox)
super mario sunshine (gc)
x-men legends (ps2, xbox)

HARDWARE

psp $175
ps2 (slim) $95
xbox $85
ds $65
ps2 (fat) $65

ACCESSORIES

psp charger case (any brand) $25
psp memory stick (256mb, any brand) $22.50
psp memory stick (128mb, any brand) $15
psp speakers (any brand) $15

EDIT: i made the list a little easier to read. :cool:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']here are the trade values as of august 9, 2005 (newest flier at my store):

GAMES (does not factor in the extra 25%)

delta force: black hawk down (ps2, xbox) 35
madden nfl 06 (ps2, xbox) 35
fantastic 4 (3 systems) 32
conker: live and reloaded (xbox) 30
destroy all humans (ps2, xbox) 30
flat out (ps2, xbox) 30
forza motorsport (xbox) 30
ncaa football 2006 (ps2, xbox) 28
juiced (ps2, xbox) 25
sid meier's pirates! (xbox) 25
madden nfl 06 (ds) 24
coded arms (psp) 22
colosseum: road to freedom (ps2) 22
dead to rights: reckoning (psp) 22
batman begins (3 systems) 20
charlie & the chocolate factory (3 systems) 20
full metal alchemist 2: the curse of the crimson (ps2) 20
lego star wars (ps2) 20
madagascar (gc) 20
medal of honor: european assault (3 systems) 20
samurai western (ps2)
harvest moon: another wonderful life (gc) 15
madden 06 (gba) 15
mario kart: double dash (gc) 14
mario party 4 (gc) 14
mascar 2005: chase for the cup (ps2) 14
street fighter:anniversary collection (xbox) 14
super smash bros. melee (gc) 14
tiger woods pga tour 2005 (xbox) 14
tom clancy's ghost recon 2 (gc) 14
tom clancy's ghost recon summit strike (xbox) 14
dragonball Z gt: transformation (gba) 12
outlaw tennis (ps2, xbox) 10
burnout 3: takedown (ps2, xbox) 8
crash nitro kart (ps2) 8
futurama: the game (ps2) 8
goldeneye: rogue agent (3 systems) 8
pokemon colosseum (gc) 8
kingdom under fire (xbox) 8
legend of zelda: the wind waker (gc) 8
rapala's pro fishing (ps2, xbox) 8
star wars battlefront (ps2, xbox) 8
super mario sunshine (gc) 8
x-men legends (ps2, xbox) 8

HARDWARE

psp 175
ps2 (slim) 95
xbox 85
ds 65
ps2 (fat) 65

ACCESSORIES

psp charger case (any brand) 25
psp memory stick (256mb, any brand) 22.50
psp memory stick (128mb, any brand) 15
psp speakers (any brand) 15[/QUOTE]

A lot of these prices changed today. Madden 06 is $30, Fantastic 4 is $30, etc.

[quote name='andrew333']mind my asking which one had the flyer?

i frequent the venice location and they said the deal was not part of their map / plan / whatever[/QUOTE]

Manny is just burning you then. I got it at my GameRush, the Culver City one (Sepulveda and Sawtelle).

[quote name='shipwreck']A lot of these prices changed today. Madden 06 is $30, Fantastic 4 is $30, etc.[/QUOTE]

ah well, peeps can use the list for ballpark figures :)

[quote name='shipwreck']Now, time for some additional info on the Xbox 360 pre-order scenario. Like I stated previously, the Xbox 360 is in Blockbuster's system. Unfortunately, there was an email sent out yesterday telling employees that they were not allowed to take reserves on it yet. There was supposed to be a conference call regarding the Xbox 360 today and I'm not sure if that has taken place yet, but I overheard employees talking and it appears that it will take $100 to reserve the system and they may only be getting 10 per store. And like I said before, it appears that they will only be carrying the $399 model. Hopefully, someone will be able to better fill us in on the details. I guess I was just lucky and got mine reserved early. I'm sure a lot of uninformed or uncaring clerks would still let you reserve one.[/QUOTE]

Interesting info, esp. since they told me it was $100 for reserve. I guess I was extremely lucky to heat to the store after you posted the original message and before they read their email. If only 10 systems are being allocated per store, I'm surprised employees wouldn't get first dibs on them. If anyone here is interested on getting a 360 on launch from GR I'd suggest pesterng them soon.

[quote name='Zon27']Manny is just burning you then. I got it at my GameRush, the Culver City one (Sepulveda and Sawtelle).[/QUOTE]

manny is great, the most competent game employee i have ever met, i have always bought my stuff there even when other gr stores were allowing combining, i did go to the sepulveda store though just this once to take advantage of the 25%

Well, I guess I'll wait a few days to see how the XBOX360 pre-orders go. I'm sure I'll be one of the first ones to pre-order one at my store....hopefully :)

I hope it's a $50 deposit but am expecting it to be $100. How much was the deposit on a PSP b4 it came out?

I've got a 360 reserved at EB already but the guy told me i wasn't guaranteed to be in the first wave and wouldn't say how many people were ahead of me when i ordered after E3. I wanna make sure i get myself a system at launch without having to camp out so I'll prolly go ahead and preorder one at GR just to be safe. Worst case scenario i'll have 2 systems and just have to sell one to a friend for my money back if Ebay aint that hot on them.

i think i'm gonna roll down to mine right now and try and pre-order the 360, and trade in my psp for 175, figure i could get $190 on ebay but after fees. it would be the same.

How much are used PSPs at Gamerush? Also, is the 25% extra trade-in credit still going on? If it is, can you use it for a handheld (the DS in particular)? Thanks.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']How much are used PSPs at Gamerush? Also, is the 25% extra trade-in credit still going on? If it is, can you use it for a handheld (the DS in particular)? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The extra 25% is still going on, but it does not apply to hardware, only games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back