Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

Man, I can't wait for RE4 (used) to be $26.25, come the 13th. I've got over $80 there store credit cand all I've gotten so far is a mint, complete non-GH copy of Castelvania: SotN. If anyone wants to trade for God of War or RE4 for SotN. PM me.

This is off-topic, but does anyone know if GameStop or GameRush hires 15 year olds? Because my local GR only has 2 or 3 employees, and my GS has like 2. I would really like a job there, to save up for a 360 and all, and I'm sure you guys would like even more people bringing you the info on good deals early, also. :D

[quote name='aoLat']This is off-topic, but does anyone know if GameStop or GameRush hires 15 year olds? Because my local GR only has 2 or 3 employees, and my GS has like 2. I would really like a job there, to save up for a 360 and all, and I'm sure you guys would like even more people bringing you the info on good deals early, also. :D[/QUOTE]

I think it's against policy....you can always ask though

[quote name='doubledown']I think it's against policy....you can always ask though[/QUOTE]

:'( I really wanted to work there, too. Good money (for a teenager) and it's a cool place, and the two employees at GR are smart-asses like me! :D

just go apply and make sure you are the legal working age. i think you will need a work permit or something. i think "spreading the word about deals" is what is against policy, or did i miss something.

[quote name='aoLat']:'( I really wanted to work there, too. Good money (for a teenager) and it's a cool place, and the two employees at GR are smart-asses like me! :D[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is any shortage on the smart-a$$es in general at Game stores

[quote name='sniper308']I don't think there is any shortage on the smart-a$$es in general at Game stores[/QUOTE]

For example i was at EB today and remembered why i hated going to these game only stores. LOL not worth mentioning...... This is the second time i've stepped foot in a one of these stores in about a year. The other time was to preorder a Xbox 360.

Anyway i stopped in and changed a couple preorders dumped 25 to Life for Battlefield 2. Anyone else here who used to be excited about 25TL but now could care less, it's doomed coming out the same week as BF2.... Also dumped Zelda 2006 for Burnout Revenge Xbox. The store manager waited on me and I had no problems, I saw some stores have Nazis behind the counters when it comes to doing this.

[quote name='doubledown'] Also, no RS:Lockdown today...but they did have the Pandora Tomorrow freebies, so I'll pick that up tomorrow or Friday[/QUOTE]

GR just left me a message that Lockdown is in today. Normally I don't care about the freebies, but I'll be asking for Pandora when I pick it up.

My GR had Lockdown and Radiata Stories today, but no Pandora Tomorrow freebie. I plan on going back on Friday to see if they just had them misplaced, since I wanted a copy.

Also here's the trade-in prices they had listed on their board:

The Incredible Hulk $35
Mario Baseball $32
RS: Lockdown $32
Darkwatch $30

[quote name='$hady']For example i was at EB today and remembered why i hated going to these game only stores. LOL not worth mentioning...... This is the second time i've stepped foot in a one of these stores in about a year. The other time was to preorder a Xbox 360.

Anyway i stopped in and changed a couple preorders dumped 25 to Life for Battlefield 2. Anyone else here who used to be excited about 25TL but now could care less, it's doomed coming out the same week as BF2.... Also dumped Zelda 2006 for Burnout Revenge Xbox. The store manager waited on me and I had no problems, I saw some stores have Nazis behind the counters when it comes to doing this.[/QUOTE]Sounds like a pretty successful game store visit. What made you remember why you hated going to the game only stores?

I'm not sure if I should go up to the store and ask them, or call them and ask if they're hiring. Well, I'll try calling since I can't drive yet. *cries*

got the pandora tomorrow freebie

but sadly they are not expecting me to get the moto gp 3 that i fully paid for on my pre-order

I got my RS:Lockdown along w/FREE Pandora Tomorrow

The Pandora Tomorrow has a NOT FOR RETAIL SALE sticker on the back....it came in as a seperate shipment also.

Go play RS: Lockdown and tell me if it's good or not! I'm wondering if I should pick this game up or not, or wait for the $30 price point at GameCrazy next month. Thanks. :D

There's no excuse for anyone not to receive their free Pandora Tomorrow. Our store received a box yesterday with 6 XBox and 4 PS2 copies of the game to be given away.

Does anyone know if GR buys back these items for store credit:

Ps2 1st party Network Adaptor
Ps2 Logitech Mic/Headset
Ps2 1st Party Multi-Tap
Sandisk 256 MB PRO DUO memory stick

Any help is appreciated. I want Radiata Stories but I am hurtin' cash-wise..

I THINK they do, but I'm not positive. I did see some used controllers and memory cards at my GR, so that probably means they do accept those. But probably not for any deals, just plain credit.

[quote name='saetia']Does anyone know if GR buys back these items for store credit:

Ps2 Logitech Mic/Headset
Ps2 1st Party Multi-Tap

Any help is appreciated. I want Radiata Stories but I am hurtin' cash-wise..[/QUOTE]

i sold my PS2 network adapter back last year.. it was for $20 i think.. but that's at least one year ago..

anyone know is mario party 7 and mario striker is up yet?
when is 25% extra is over? thanx

The 12th is the last day you can do the Trade 3 25% deal. The 13th is when all used games are 25% off. The trade 2 get a game $29.99 deal is still ongoing with no end date.

[quote name='doubledown']I got my RS:Lockdown along w/FREE Pandora Tomorrow

The Pandora Tomorrow has a NOT FOR RETAIL SALE sticker on the back....it came in as a seperate shipment also.[/QUOTE]

it is definitely a sticker, maybe if you peel it, good things will happen?

traded in

hot shots golf - psp - 22.00
and
smuggler's run ps2 - 1.50

and pre-ordered tony hawk's american wasteland. the guy was a blockbuster employee and preordered me the collector's edition which retails for 59.99 it was pretty cool because I didn't even know there was a collector's edition.

The pandora tommorow has a sticker on the outside sleeve of the game case. So you can just trade in the game with a different case. I love free games :)

[quote name='saetia']Does anyone know if GR buys back these items for store credit:

Ps2 Logitech Mic/Headset
Ps2 1st Party Multi-Tap

Any help is appreciated. I want Radiata Stories but I am hurtin' cash-wise..[/QUOTE]

On that same note, do they buy back the Logitech Xbox Wireless controller? Any idea what they give for it?

Anybody hear any word if the GC version of Lockdown came in? Most places had pushed back the release till 9/22, but according to the BB ad thread for next week, its listed for $49.99.

Anyone know if the Xbox 360 first party games have been dropped to $49.99 yet? And has anyone picked up Radiata Stories yet? I am hoping I get the call tomorrow. Now that I am back in school, I can't just be driving out to GR all the time.

Well I went back to GR tonight, and I finally got to speak with an actual GR employee, and not just the regular BB employees that normally don't know anything about their game section. It turns out that none of the stores in my region received the preorder bonuses yet. He said he didn't know why, but they put a note on my account saying that they owed me a Splinter Cell: PT bonus when they come in.

Ps2 Logitech Mic/Headset
Ps2 1st Party Multi-Tap

Well, I went in w/all this crap that is just collcecting dust, and also brought in a few crappy games. The experience was bittersweet. I was hoping to get a lil over $50 to get Radiata Stories. I was surprised to find out that my total credit was $93.97!!

The games I traded in were:

Polarium $12.50
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $12.10
Gran Turismo 3 $1.50

I got $10 for the Network Adaptor even though the cashier was convinced that it comes w/a cord, yes a cord... $8 for the Multitap, $22 for the Memory Stick, and $9 for the Headset. During the transaction I asked the undereducated/overpaid clerk TWICE if he can apply the 25% for trading in 3 games. He just nodded his head like any illiterate idiot would. Afterwards, I looked at receipt and it was not applied. I asked the cashier why didn't he apply it, and he told me, "You didn't mention it". Um, yes I did, genius...Twice! Anyways, another cashier who seemed mildly more intelligent gave me a $19 additional credit difference for the mistake which seemed a little high, yet nothing worth mentioning to him.

So off I go to find Radiata Stories. Nowhere to be found. Keep in mind I called beforehand asking if they had received it yet to which they replied, "Yes". I go to the cashier and ask if they got in, and the valedictorian that I encountered on the initial transaction, looked around and found it behind him and showed it to me. I asked if I could buy it and he tried scanning it, to no avail. He said he couldn't get it to scan and to ask the resident omniscient sorwhority chick if I could buy it. They said not until tomorrow. I was dumbfounded, of which made me feel right at home. I told them the game came out today. They stood by their earlier statement. Shook my head, walked out the door and said to myself, "This is what I get for going to a conveniently close BB location as opposed to one that at least act like customer service is not the equivelent of Wal-Mart".

I wanted my Radiata Stories, so I ventured a few more miles down the street, burning the last of my gas tank in the process to try another GR that I was sure couldn't possibly be as an unpleasant experience as the 1st. I get in there, ask if I could buy it, make video game small talk, and a few more additional button presses more to override the scan of the game on the computer that was obviously so much more taxing/arduous/physical labor inducing that didn't involve a beer or a funnel from sowhority b*itch from the initial store, and I score the game.

/end rant (sorry...)

[quote name='toocool17']The pandora tommorow has a sticker on the outside sleeve of the game case. So you can just trade in the game with a different case. I love free games :)[/QUOTE]

ahh, but what does the game disc say?

I went to my GR and I couldn't trade in my ps2. Anybody know the best place to take it? I wanna get one of the skinny ps2s.

Why couldn't you trade it? They supposedly give $65 credit for a working PS2.

If you mean a straight-up trade fat for slim, nowhere..

[quote name='andrew333']ahh, but what does the game disc say?[/QUOTE]

Nothing. I will trade that in along with Rainbow Six 4 and a TRU cheapie so I can get some more credit. I should get around $50 or so with SC:pT, R64, and Iridion 2.

I traded in some GC games:

Star Wars Rogue Leader II $3
Sonic Mega Collection $8
Beach Spikers $1.5
F-Zero GX $3

And preordered Fire Emblem PoR and DDR Mario Mix. And also got a used copy of The Terminal.

The first time I went in, they told me I can't use Beach Spikers since it only sells for $6.99, so this time I went in with 5 games (Alien Hominid gets $12.5) and pulled AH after getting the prices. Voila, Beach Spikers is now one of the games that qualifies for the trade 2 preorder for $29 deal! :)

[quote name='banpeikun']I traded in some GC games:

Star Wars Rogue Leader II $3
Sonic Mega Collection $8
Beach Spikers $1.5
F-Zero GX $3

And preordered Fire Emblem PoR and DDR Mario Mix. And also got a used copy of The Terminal.

The first time I went in, they told me I can't use Beach Spikers since it only sells for $6.99, so this time I went in with 5 games (Alien Hominid gets $12.5) and pulled AH after getting the prices. Voila, Beach Spikers is now one of the games that qualifies for the trade 2 preorder for $29 deal! :)[/QUOTE]

Well, it is also YMMV with the employee too - since the preorder barcode scan is completely independent from your trade transaction they could do it with any trade-ins (or none at all) if they wanted. You just caught them on the sly a bit with the game switch - good one. But one time, on the old deal (when sports games older than 2004 were excluded) I was able to do a preorder using some 2002 Soccer game for the GC that I got at CC for $1.99. Cashier just didn't notice/care. :D. But that is the only time I've skirted the GR restrictions.

By the way, those Rogue Leader and F-Zero trade-in prices pretty much suck... GR is starting to become more in line with EB and GS pricing (though still much better!).

[quote name='banpeikun']Sounds like a pretty successful game store visit. What made you remember why you hated going to the game only stores?[/QUOTE]

I ment that i stopped at EB b&m store and was reminded how much i hated the "game store" employees they are all cocky know everythings at least the ones here that i always run into.... The post above mine had mention game store smartasses, which set me rolling. I should have clarified that the 2nd paragraph was my transactions at GR, the first paragraph ripping EB was just me stopping in and cancelling my 360 preorder.

Does anyone know how much fight night 2 for the xbox is trading in for? Just a note Bully has been pushed back untill at least Febuary. That sucks I had it pre-ordered guess Ill cancel it and pre-order Black for the ps2.

I had to ask for my Pandora Tomorrow, but I think they just forgot they had the freebie. I didn't see a "not for resale" on the disc, but if it is there I'll just trade my original copy.

Picked up Radiata Stories last night, got the same barcode thing as was mentioned. Thankfully the dude knew what he was doing so it got fixed really quick. Kinda crazy though, I haven't been there to trade games since like June 20th or something and the dude still remembered my name to type in to get my account info up. I kinda got screwed though but hey it was basically free anyways. I somehow got a resealed copy of the game. No Playstation 2/Title sticker on the top, plastic had weird dents/wrinkles in a few spots and one of the CD tabs was busted so the game was loose. Thankfully it just had a little dust and whatnot on it and wasn't scratched to hell. Wish I'd noticed before I was almost home.

This game is hilarious and I love it so far. Could use some more save points though. Everyone into RPGs should go pick it up.

[quote name='Zennousha']Picked up Radiata Stories last night, got the same barcode thing as was mentioned. Thankfully the dude knew what he was doing so it got fixed really quick. Kinda crazy though, I haven't been there to trade games since like June 20th or something and the dude still remembered my name to type in to get my account info up. I kinda got screwed though but hey it was basically free anyways. I somehow got a resealed copy of the game. No Playstation 2/Title sticker on the top, plastic had weird dents/wrinkles in a few spots and one of the CD tabs was busted so the game was loose. Thankfully it just had a little dust and whatnot on it and wasn't scratched to hell. Wish I'd noticed before I was almost home.

This game is hilarious and I love it so far. Could use some more save points though. Everyone into RPGs should go pick it up.[/QUOTE]

PS2 games no longer have the sticker on the top of them, so it is very likely that you got a new copy that just got beat up in shipping.

By the way, those Rogue Leader and F-Zero trade-in prices pretty much suck... GR is starting to become more in line with EB and GS pricing (though still much better!).
Yeah, but I figure with the trade-in promotion, they're actually $13 each... or something.

When did PS2 games stop coming with the sticker on top? Was there any kind of announcement about it? I just noticed this in the last couple weeks.

[quote name='drfrielgood']When did PS2 games stop coming with the sticker on top? Was there any kind of announcement about it? I just noticed this in the last couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

yeah i saw that on the new greatest hits games, i thought it was because they opened them to put red labels on the top.

[quote name='drfrielgood']When did PS2 games stop coming with the sticker on top? Was there any kind of announcement about it? I just noticed this in the last couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

It's been happening for a couple of months probably. I can't remember the first game I bought without it.

Just traded in (all Xbox) Midnight club 3-$35
Powerdrome Racing-$12.50
Darkwatch-$37.50
All include the bonus.

Went another day and got Destroy all Humans-$30
Fantastic Four-$30
Nfl Street 2 for PSP-$28
All without bonus.

The good news for me was that the GR guy was way cool and said "hey, did u know you could preorder 360 games for 29.99 cuz you traded in 2 games?" I said, why sir, as a matter of fact I did not know that. Then he proceeded to let me preorder Gun and I told him I'd be back to order PDZ. Now that was a bonus I was not expecting. Of course, I knew that the 360 games are not supposed to be preordered but he offered and I didn't want to be rude and deny the offer! And yes, he did have to manually change the price because the list price was $59.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back