Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='Kastides']So the Creeper got fired? I guess we wont see anymore 3PO for 1 PO plus trade value anymore.[/QUOTE]

they would of never brought it back anyways

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']they would of never brought it back anyways[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. To many people bashed the previous deals just for a few measley games. Now I think GR is getting sick of people taking advantage of it and will never bring back any of the good deals.

I called about my Killer 7 pre-order and asked if it came with a free t-shirt. The guy said no or he didn't think so. The game had come in, but I'll wait until tomorrow to pick it up. I called earlier in the day, but it wasn't in then.

You think the shirts could come in tomorrow (if they're coming at all or if they didn't give them all away before I called)? Or if I go pick up the game and they don't have a shirt, would it be possible to go to the other GR in town and ask them for a free t-shirt (if they have any)? Thanks.

Green-bull, the store should've received their shirts a couple of weeks ago. Most likely some employees grabbed them.

I'm going to stop by work tomorrow. We should've received the new map today. Hopefully there will be a couple new deals starting up.

checked my GRs map today and saw that the trade 2 get any new game/preorder for 29.99 will return july 19th, the only change to it is one new restriction... the 2 games traded in for the deal must give 7 dollars each or more in credit, if it gets you 1.50-6 bucks it wont qualify.

[quote name='RockmanPET']checked my GRs map today and saw that the trade 2 get any new game/preorder for 29.99 will return july 19th, the only change to it is one new restriction... the 2 games traded in for the deal must give 7 dollars each or more in credit, if it gets you 1.50-6 bucks it wont qualify.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info rockmanPET. too bad the game must get $7 or more in credit (f-zero gx might not work :cry: ) but at least I can trade in my DAH!, MC3, and Snowblind/GTA:San Andreas in a while.

Any info about using the deal to get xbox 360 games for $40?

[quote name='RockmanPET']checked my GRs map today and saw that the trade 2 get any new game/preorder for 29.99 will return july 19th, the only change to it is one new restriction... the 2 games traded in for the deal must give 7 dollars each or more in credit, if it gets you 1.50-6 bucks it wont qualify.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Good to see Powerdrome still qualifies for the deal then :)

And do we know if the 29.99 price also applies to Xbox 360 games?

Very nice, looks like i'll be waiting a week b4 i get ncaa 06 :cry:

So they are keeping the new games in the deal - I really thought it would be preorder only. Doesn't matter too much to me, I already have every new game I'd want for the next several months preordered - but it might be useful if a good PSP or $40 DS title pops up out of nowhere.

The next question is how long will this promo run? Will it go to Sept like the original trade 2 for a preorder deal was supposed to? It would be nice if this was an ongoing thing (like to the end of the year), then I could use it to pick up games like GC Fire Emblem (which they still had confused with the GBA version in their preorder system last time I asked), and possibly some others that they, for some reason, won't put on the preorder lists.

Roufuss - you might want to dig out the preorder lists I posted in the last GR thread and attach them to the OP for this deal (or I'll find them and PM them to you if you want) - it is REALLY useful to know what is in their system - you can browse and maybe discover games you didn't even know were coming out or had forgotten about. Having their list handy was the only way I had even heard of DragonQuest VIII and from the recent EGM blurb on it, I'm definitely glad I preordered it. If you have games to trade and don't have a specific game in mind it is a great resource - particularly with the $7 minimum on trade-in values, we need to trade games ASAP when we have them ready, even if we don't have a specific preorder in mind at the time.

And THEN, we can update the lists with more recent info as people discover it (like Cory's post about more DS games being added). I'd like to know if they added anything for GC (in particular, Mario Strikers, and the REAL GC Fire Emblem). We can put the Xbox360 list in as well if DevComm is still working for GR :D.

Saw Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance GBA used for 14.99 at my GR, did not get it since no book and I already own it, but good price

Got a 5" Screen for 19.99 with the 50% off discount for my GC

[quote name='aaa']Any info about using the deal to get xbox 360 games for $40?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dinovelvet']And do we know if the 29.99 price also applies to Xbox 360 games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all I really want to know is if the preorder deal will work towards 360 games, regardless of having to pay $40 instead of $30. All of the current gen games I want are already preordered using their prior deal.

I should have waited before trading in King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact, but the game is sooo bad that I wanted it off my hands. Got $16.00 in credit and picked up Silent Hill 4 The Room for PS2 in an almost equal trade. Good times!

I'm tempted to go back to CC and pick up a few games for trade in purposes now that the trade 2 deal is on again :) I want to preorder Genji & Shadow Of The Colossus for sure

great tip, thanks.
I was hoping for it to come back, I was holding on to Fifa street and Doom 3 in hopes of this deal coming back. Some CC games may go to GR as well.

[quote name='aaa']I am just hoping rockmanPET isnt screwing with us[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I suppose that is a possibility but if he was wouldn't he have come up with something a bit more enticing? Like the surprise return of the trade 3 get a PO for $5 or something? Or Xbox360 games for $29.99? What he says fits in with other GR employee comments (return of preorder deal in late July with more restrictions). Sure, he could be messing with us, but not to great affect :D.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Green-bull, the store should've received their shirts a couple of weeks ago. Most likely some employees grabbed them.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info drfrielgood! i went into gr to pick up my killer 7 po and they didn't give me a shirt. i kindly said that an employee from GR said i was supposed to get a shirt, and then he gave me one from under the counter :)

[quote name='Roufuss']You know what else would actually help them profit, is to do their damn research when it comes to trade in prices.

Only a moron would offer $20 dollars for Nightmare of Druaga, or $25 for KoF: Maximum Impact (espically when the game retails for $30?).

Then they turn around and charge 30 something used for Druaga and 40 for KoF? How do they expect those to ever leave the store? And don't forget how they refuse to get games from some publishers (Atlus) yet offer preorders for them in the store? Someone told me you could preorder Riviera there... what's the point?

And before anyone asks why I shop there if I severly dislike it - I know that by taking advantage of these insane deals, the company is making 0 money off of me. I paid 21 for Meteos... Blockbuster probably paid 23-25 a copy. I'm still holding out hope they'll clean up their act - I'm starting to doubt it at this point.

I can't wait for the Gamerush clearance sales because they are closing up shop.[/QUOTE]

A little data mining of recently traded games, would highlight the mistakes in their system. Any store that has three of any game suddenly traded in a 24 hour period should trigger an alert. (With some obvious exclusions, but I'm trying to make a point). Of course that would mean all their systems would need to be connected, which would take some serious investment.

I asked the other GR today about a t-shirt. They said you do get one. I think they called the other one and asked them if they'd got any in and they said no. That was before 12:00 pm, so just now I called them and they still said no. But before I got home, I went to the other GR again and asked them if I could write my name down, so if they have any left later on, I could still get one. So they let me do that. That one guy said they wait 7 days after the game comes in so everybody that pre-ordered it can get one. So, the GR I PO it at got it yesterday, so the one I left my name at probably got it that day too. I live in N.C., by the way. So, what do they consider a day? If they got in the game 12:00pm yesterday, would 12 pm today be considered one day or 2? Anyone know? Thanks for any info.

As I was heading out, I remembered the new Title of this GR thread (50% off pre-owned accessories). Went back in and asked him (the manager) if it was stil going on or if he even knew of it. He goes, it ended July 4th. I'm like, but one day (last Fri, Sat or Sunday I asked you about the deal and you said it was 30% OFF NEW Nintendo Accessories. Then he's like, well, my mind must've been elsewhere that day, sorry. That sorta pissed me off. Seems like GR doesn't want any business if they don't know their own deals. And to that I say a big, Whatever! :)

What I got this week.
Silver wavebirds 2x $10each
5.4'' universal lcd screen $20
GB player $15
GC component cables 7.50
PS2 netplay keyboard 7.50
wireless Xbox controller 5.00

Naw im not screwing with you guys, my friends at GR showed me the map I looked at it up and down. Didnt see when it was running to thou just know its gunna start the 19th. As for the Xbox 360 games I guess it would be YMMV I doubt most stores would actually do it because I didnt read anything about it, but you can probably do what most ppl do, preorder it, cancel it, and then pay 10 bucks more for it

Traded in Red ninja 16 for ps2 version 20.25 for xbox version
Conker for 30
and snk vs capcom chaos for 16.

still have some games put aside from CC for the sale on next tues

RockmanPet-It isn't that i don't believe you, it is just that I don't want to get too hyped up until someone like roufess or a GR employee tells me. If true, the 19th will be a good day. I plan on trading DAH! and MC3 for sure.

As a gr employee i can tell you yes the deal is comming back and NO THIS DEAL WILL NOT WORK FOR XBOX 360 games they are excluded.

[quote name='dc414']As a gr employee i can tell you yes the deal is comming back and NO THIS DEAL WILL NOT WORK FOR XBOX 360 games they are excluded.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Not surprised about the xbox 360 part, but at least I can get Viewtiful Joe for $10 off, and Burnout Legends. Is it coming back on July 19th? Also, when does it end?

Theres no Game Rush stores around here so if anyone can get ahold of the following I'd be interested in buying them off you or trading for them:

-- Guncon 2 Gun (or the blue Madcatz guncon1/2 compatible gun)
-- Gauntlet, Tetris, Super Sprint, Toobin', Vindicators, Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom (all by Tengen - Black Carts) for NES
-- Operation Secret Storm for NES (Black cart)

that sucks about the deal not working on the new xbox games.

i am considering getting sid meirs pirates for xbox, even tho it would only drop the price from 40 to 30

if the new deal is $20 off a preorder, and not "get a preorder for $30" then you could just get the xbox 360 games for $40 without doing the return a different game and buy the xbox 360 game

[quote name='dracula']that sucks about the deal not working on the new xbox games.

i am considering getting sid meirs pirates for xbox, even tho it would only drop the price from 40 to 30

if the new deal is $20 off a preorder, and not "get a preorder for $30" then you could just get the xbox 360 games for $40 without doing the return a different game and buy the xbox 360 game[/QUOTE]

The deal obviously doesn't work that way. ($20 off a new game) If your store lets you get $50 back for a preorder, then you will have no problem getting xbox 360 games for $40 (buy game for $30, cancel and get $50 back, then pay $10 difference to pay off game) Too bad my GR stopped doing this 6 weeks ago

Wait, I have a question for the preorder deal. If you cancel the preorder, do you get back the price of the game (49.99) or do you only get back your 30 that you gave them?

[quote name='aaa']RockmanPet-It isn't that i don't believe you, it is just that I don't want to get too hyped up until someone like roufess or a GR employee tells me. If true, the 19th will be a good day. I plan on trading DAH! and MC3 for sure.[/QUOTE]

lol, I just update the OP, I'm not some kind of deal master :D

When I see proof as in a scanned flyer, or a regular says the sale has started, I'll update the OP and the topic title.

[quote name='Roufuss']lol, I just update the OP, I'm not some kind of deal master :D

When I see proof as in a scanned flyer, or a regular says the sale has started, I'll update the OP and the topic title.[/QUOTE]

I know you are the thread starter, but since you are the thread starter, you are a very reliable source. If your GR told you this, and you reported it back here, then I would believe.

[quote name='aaa']I know you are the thread starter, but since you are the thread starter, you are a very reliable source. If your GR told you this, and you reported it back here, then I would believe.[/QUOTE]

I don't go to my GR unless there's a specific sale... I don't think I've ever stepped foot into one unless I was using one of their deals.

Someone like io would know better, since he shops there frequently.

[quote name='Americanpierg']Wait, I have a question for the preorder deal. If you cancel the preorder, do you get back the price of the game (49.99) or do you only get back your 30 that you gave them?[/QUOTE]

I think it's $30 now....I know I cancelled before and got $50 back, but I think they fixed that in the system. I haven't tried to cancel anything lately, so we'll see....I may switch a game to XBOX360.

Speaking of that....is XBOX360 SYSTEM in the GR system yet? (for pre-order that is)

[quote name='doubledown']I think it's $30 now....I know I cancelled before and got $50 back, but I think they fixed that in the system. I haven't tried to cancel anything lately, so we'll see....I may switch a game to XBOX360.

Speaking of that....is XBOX360 SYSTEM in the GR system yet? (for pre-order that is)[/QUOTE]

not yet. Should be soon though.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't go to my GR unless there's a specific sale... I don't think I've ever stepped foot into one unless I was using one of their deals.

Someone like io would know better, since he shops there frequently.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was there a few days ago (to get another PS2 memory card - thanks again Gizmogc for the tip about the red ones!) they were way too busy for me to ask all the questions I wanted, so I couldn't ask about the preorder deal. Also, I will be out of town the week it starts (if it is July 19th) so I won't be able to verify it. I will definitely be using it if it comes back, but I'll have to wait till the following weekend. So, there probably won't be any confirmation from me on this deal, anyways, before others find out about it. I'm sure I'll be in once next week though, so I will ask about it then and see if they know. My GR is usually the LAST to know about the deals though :D.

[quote name='doubledown']I think it's $30 now....I know I cancelled before and got $50 back, but I think they fixed that in the system. I haven't tried to cancel anything lately, so we'll see....I may switch a game to XBOX360.

Speaking of that....is XBOX360 SYSTEM in the GR system yet? (for pre-order that is)[/QUOTE]

I returned my unopened DS Kirby Canvas Curve that I got using the $30 preorder deal, and got the full $35 back just a few weeks back during the Nintendo sale (I bought another with the 30% discount - sweet!). I wasn't expecting to get more than $30 but it is YMMV with the employee you get, I think.

[quote name='Americanpierg']Wait, I have a question for the preorder deal. If you cancel the preorder, do you get back the price of the game (49.99) or do you only get back your 30 that you gave them?[/QUOTE]

at my game rush, you get the full value ($49.99) but only to exchange for another single game or pre-order of the same price or less

Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

On another note, I preordered Nintendogs (Chihuahua version) today at work. Its in the computer at $29.99.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

On another note, I preordered Nintendogs (Chihuahua version) today at work. Its in the computer at $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Have you heard anything about freebies with Nintendogs? So far EB has a little lunchbag thing...but im just trying to figure out what the best overall deal will be (and its the Chiuahuah one for me too)

On another note, I preordered Nintendogs (Chihuahua version) today at work. Its in the computer at $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Added to the OP, thanks.

When do any of the Playstation 1 deals end, or if they already ended?

Restrictions are a bit too much in my case, and I don't have anything new I'd like to trade in, so I'll probably pass.

I read the Gamespot new. XBOX 360 is to be RARE in Holiday season cuz Short Shipment from MS. So far, Amazon, Bestbuy, and Circuit City will not take any Pre-order for XBOX 360 but they still get limited amount of #XBOX 360 hit the storewide. Who know GR will have it Pre-order or not (still 4 months to findout).

Seem like MS pull the trigger...like DS when 1st released and alot peoples will spend extra $$$ when they bought at Ebay.

Alright, I live in CT but am going on vacation to Southern California in August where I know there is a Gamerush. Since I have never been to a Gamerush or have ever done a deal there, there is a couple questions I'd like to ask about the "trade in 2 get pre-order for $29.99" (Sorry if already stated-dont want to sith through 32 pages)

-Can the credit of the games be put toward the $29.99 game? Or does the games just count as $10 credit.
I.E-- Trade in value of Game A-$5
Trade in value of Game B-$6
Game costs me $19.
or is it that the game would just cost me $30

-Does the game have to be a preorder (since I am on vacation, I wont have the time to wait for a release) or is it a new release-what counts as a new release?

Thanks

Probably no one here knows the answer, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does GR accept the Halo 2 map disc for trade-in?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']so is the 50% off PO accessories deal over?[/QUOTE]

I picked up some Xbox dance pads today with the deal and was told that it would last another 2 days, so Monday should be the last day.

[quote name='milmanias']Probably no one here knows the answer, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does GR accept the Halo 2 map disc for trade-in?[/QUOTE]

i am sure they will, they use to accept 9 Holes of X-Mas Outlaw Golf or whatever it was called

Answers to a few questions:

-Not sure about any preorder bonuses for Nintendogs. I know that with Madden you get the free fantasy football membership, and with Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life you get a free plush (I think its a dog). Not sure about Nintendogs yet though.

-The 5 for $15 on preowned PS1 games does have an end, though I can't think of it off the top of my head. The buy 1 get 1 free on new PS1 titles is ongoing though, which means it will pretty much continue until the stock has been cleared.

-Gamerush will accept preorders for the 360. The hardware is still not in the system though. Your best bet is to sign up on the call list that all Gamerushes should have on the game counter. I'm not sure how full most lists are, but I know there's only about 15 people on the one at our store.

-Kingjay89, the game would cost you $19 if you put the credit that you receive from your games towards the preorder. The offer is only valid on preorders, not new games or new releases.

-I'm sure the Halo 2 multiplayer map is accepted for trade-in, as Gamerush sells the product. I'd guess the value to be $8.

-The last day for the 50% off preowned accessories deal is Monday.

Thanks for the excellent info. So it IS only for preorders as I originally suspected. The used retail of $7.99 is much better than the trade value of $7 we heard earlier. So for a used retail of $7.99, games that get $3 and more credit should qualify, correct? So, basically, they are simply excluding the ultra-cheapies (those that give $1.50 or less credit and sell for $4.99). That makes perfect sense from their side (as Cory has detailed in the past) and is very fair to us as well. They may very well have found the perfect balance between having a great deal for the customers and not losing money as a result. It is also fully-understandable why they limit it to preorders - those preorders earn them points (figuratively and possiblly literally) from the game distributors, whereas selling a game already in stock for such a discount gets them nothing in particular.

Now if only they would sort out that DAMN GC Fire Emblem mess. Drfrielgood, when you get a chance, could you check the system and see if this has been fixed? Last time I checked it was the GBA version, with a retail value of $29.99 that is under the Gamecube preorder list (it says it is a Gamecube game but calls it "Sacred Stones" and has trhe GBA game price). Also, is Mario Strikers in there yet? That would be my first one if so...

Thanks for the info drfrielgood.

I will definately trade in my copies of MC3 and DAH! on the 19th, maybe another 2 games. Plan on getting Hitman Blood Money or Burnout Revenge. Also, I want to preorder the Ghost Recon 2 expansion if it is in the system, since it is only $30 normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back