Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

Cool, that buy 5 get 5 free deal is looking better all the time now...retailing for $7.99 or more means I can trade back some of the games that I didn't like (like XB Myst III, ugh).

Glad to see the new deal.....now, what to pre-order? I already have like 9 games on order....looking for some good XBOX or PSP (XBOX360 would be even better, but I doubt it)

Hm this would work nicely for a preorder of Zelda. Does anyone know if there is a listing of how much GameRush will pay for used games? I'd rather not drag in my games and find out they are only worth $0.99 each.

Anyone know if Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox) will qualify? (i.e. does a used copy sell for at least 7.99 at GR?) I bought a second copy of the game at CC just to get a new headset :)

[quote name='dinovelvet']Anyone know if Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox) will qualify? (i.e. does a used copy sell for at least 7.99 at GR?) I bought a second copy of the game at CC just to get a new headset :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with SOCOM - I just picked up a copy with headset last night at a CC for $10 and was wondering how much I can dump the game for :D, since I have NO interest in it...

[quote name='NiVRaM']Hm this would work nicely for a preorder of Zelda. Does anyone know if there is a listing of how much GameRush will pay for used games? I'd rather not drag in my games and find out they are only worth $0.99 each.[/QUOTE]

There is no "master list", but people often quote the trade prices they get in this thread - just look through it a bit. If you have any specific questions just ask us and maybe someone will know, or at least have a ballpark price. You aren't likely to get only 99 cents for many PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/PSP/DS games. They are usually at least $1.50, though those wouldn't qualify for the trade-in deal. You need ones that trade for $3 or more.

Red DC controller 1.99 b4 %50 off (marked 7.99, but i new better)
N64 Ram pack 9.99 b4 %50 off (marked 12.99, and i was surprised a bit)
Buy 1, Get 1 on Pinobee (4.99) and SF Alpha 3 (6.99). Took 5.99 off.

I didnt really take a look while i was at your store this time Dr.F, but the last time you guys had an N64 Jump Pak in bag.

Anyone know if Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox) will qualify? (i.e. does a used copy sell for at least 7.99 at GR?) I bought a second copy of the game at CC just to get a new headset

It should qualify. I traded in RS3 (XBOX) on 6/20/05 and got $5 trade value. It might have changed by now, but if they were giving $5, you should be ok.

Anyone care to estimate with me how much I can get on this trade-in that I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm hoping to get enough for a DS and maybe one game (we'll see though). Any estimations are appreciated. Thanks.

Xbox (Halo Limited Edition w/ controller)
Another controller
Halo
Lego Star Wars
Samurai Warriors
Advent Rising
Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT 2002

I was estimating about $150 or so for the whole lot, but a large part of that was guessing.

[quote name='pfresh85']Anyone care to estimate with me how much I can get on this trade-in that I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm hoping to get enough for a DS and maybe one game (we'll see though). Any estimations are appreciated. Thanks.

Another controller
Halo
Lego Star Wars
Samurai Warriors
Advent Rising

I was estimating about $150 or so for the whole lot, but a large part of that was guessing.[/QUOTE]

Sell the HALO XBOX on EBAY....I bet you'll get $150-$200 for that alone.....

[quote name='pfresh85']Anyone care to estimate with me how much I can get on this trade-in that I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm hoping to get enough for a DS and maybe one game (we'll see though). Any estimations are appreciated. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Why trade in the Halo Xbox rather than sell it on Ebay? You probably won't get any more in trade-in than a regular Xbox, but it should sell for significantly more on Ebay.

[quote name='stoned99']So has anyone been reinstated after being banned in this thread. I've heard rumours!![/QUOTE]

When I got banned the store told me that I couldn't trade at that specific store. I gave it a shot and tried to trade in some games at other GRs around and I was not banned. I might still be banned at that one store, but my ban was not through out all stores. I would just try and trade at another store.

Another controller
Halo
Lego Star Wars
Samurai Warriors
Advent Rising

I was estimating about $150 or so for the whole lot, but a large part of that was guessing.[/QUOTE]

Ebay the XBOX, but if you cant, you will get like $85.

Halo-$3
Lego Star Wars-$18-$20
Samurai Warriors-never heard of it (how much does it retail for)
Advent Rising-$28
I don't think they will take the JSRF and Sega GT disk.

The reason I'm not eBaying the Xbox is simply I don't want to deal with the hassle. It is a major hassle to sell it on eBay, so I'm willing to take a cut in the value of it in order to avoid said hassle.

[quote name='pfresh85']The reason I'm not eBaying the Xbox is simply I don't want to deal with the hassle. It is a major hassle to sell it on eBay, so I'm willing to take a cut in the value of it in order to avoid said hassle.[/QUOTE]

For $75-$100 bucks, it should be worth it, plus you get it in cash.

[quote name='pistonfan']It should qualify. I traded in RS3 (XBOX) on 6/20/05 and got $5 trade value. It might have changed by now, but if they were giving $5, you should be ok.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I was at GR today, but couldn't find one copy of R63 on the shelves! I did notice that Splinter Cell was 9.99 and Ghost Recon was 12.99, so I figured R63 was in the same ballpark.

Io- I saw pre-owned SOCOM without the headset selling for 9.99, so that one looks like it'll work.

[quote name='aaa']Ebay the XBOX, but if you cant, you will get like $85.

Halo-$3
Lego Star Wars-$18-$20
Advent Rising-$28
I don't think they will take the JSRF and Sega GT disk.[/QUOTE]
Samurai Warriors for $7 if i am not wrong

[quote name='dinovelvet']Thanks...I was at GR today, but couldn't find one copy of R63 on the shelves! I did notice that Splinter Cell was 9.99 and Ghost Recon was 12.99, so I figured R63 was in the same ballpark.

Io- I saw pre-owned SOCOM without the headset selling for 9.99, so that one looks like it'll work.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks... If I can use it for the preorder (even if it only gets $3) then it is probably worth it to keep the headset, even if I am out $7 for that :D. Of course, I better check with my GR to see how they are enforcing the deal. They are the ones that had funny ideas with the trade 3 for a $5 PO deal (at first they told me the 3 games had to trade for over $30). They could very well take the $7.99 figure and think that needs to be the trade value - so I have to be careful and ask before I open anything up.

[quote name='aaa']Ebay the XBOX, but if you cant, you will get like $85.

Halo-$3
Lego Star Wars-$18-$20
Advent Rising-$28
I don't think they will take the JSRF and Sega GT disk.[/QUOTE]

if you dont sell on ebay, just sell the green xbox on the cag forums, you will probably get $150 for it.

i am guessing

lego star wars fetches 12 to 15,
halo $3
samurai warriors $5
advent rising $25

if you just traded the xbox in you would get 85 for it. do not trade it in, sell it on ehre or on ebay

iuwf8dh.jpg

:shock:

How many pre-orders will they let people do each day? I have a list of 5 games that I wanted and ten games to pre-order, do you think they will let me do it all at once?

[quote name='jkircos']How many pre-orders will they let people do each day? I have a list of 5 games that I wanted and ten games to pre-order, do you think they will let me do it all at once?[/QUOTE]

Normally up to 20 game trades per day. Nobody knows the fineprint yet though. My store didn't care if I did the deal 10 times a day.

My store was fine with 3-5 preorders per day during the last deal, but any more than that they usually had to involve the manager...which slowed things down a lot.

Does anyone know GR's policy about switching preorders. I preordered Madden 06 for PS2 but now am considering switching that to XBOX. Think it'll be a problem?

[quote name='lyric706']Does anyone know GR's policy about switching preorders. I preordered Madden 06 for PS2 but now am considering switching that to XBOX. Think it'll be a problem?[/QUOTE]

no...unless u mean xbox360 then yes

Anyone going to the NCAA 06 event tonight? I'd go and get my game at midnight but sadly i have to work :( so i'll be getting it at 10am in the morning... Oh well i'll just have to run home and take a nap then take another nap b4 work because i know i'm gonna wanna be all in the game.

[quote name='$hady']Anyone going to the NCAA 06 event tonight? I'd go and get my game at midnight but sadly i have to work :( so i'll be getting it at 10am in the morning... Oh well i'll just have to run home and take a nap then take another nap b4 work because i know i'm gonna wanna be all in the game.[/QUOTE]

Can't imagine anyone will be there, much less heard about it.

First time I've ever heard of this... never saw any signage up at any of the GR's I went to. I wonder if this is for all Gamerush's? Mine closes at midnight, I really doubt they'd stay open for this, espically since no one probably knows.

cool, thank goodness the pre-order deal is coming back. I want to cancel my pre-orders that I have at gamestop and get on this deal. I know I ahve killer7 and some other games I really want to trade in. SNK games, here I come.

[quote name='imamario02']when am i going to be able to PO my Xbox 360 from GR? Any Ideas?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on this too....I'll check tomorrow when I pick up my NCAA 06 (too late for a midnight release for me)

[quote name='lupe121283']cool, thank goodness the pre-order deal is coming back. I want to cancel my pre-orders that I have at gamestop and get on this deal. I know I ahve killer7 and some other games I really want to trade in. SNK games, here I come.[/QUOTE]

You do know that the SNK games coming out for Xbox are 29.99, right?

Samurai Shodown 5 and KoF 94: Rebout are listed at 29.99 MSRP... Neowave is the only one listed above that, at 39.99.

I wish I had preordered NCAA 2006 for XBOX earlier. I will see if I can get one of the employees at my GR to switch my Madden preorder to NCAA. If not, I will just pick it up on the 19th.

[quote name='$hady']Anyone going to the NCAA 06 event tonight? I'd go and get my game at midnight but sadly i have to work :( so i'll be getting it at 10am in the morning... Oh well i'll just have to run home and take a nap then take another nap b4 work because i know i'm gonna wanna be all in the game.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I forgot about that. I have the non-existent Gamecube version on preorder (preordered several months ago when it wasn't clear they dropped support for the GC - it's not like EA ever announced it or has any info about it on their web site). I guess I'll go in tomorrow and ask if I can switch it for the PS2 version. Hopefully they won't tell me they have to wait to see if the GC one comes in (could be waiting a while to find out it doesn't exist :D).

[quote name='aaa']I wish I had preordered NCAA 2006 for XBOX earlier. I will see if I can get one of the employees at my GR to switch my Madden preorder to NCAA. If not, I will just pick it up on the 19th.[/QUOTE]

It comes out the 12th (tomorrow)....and the trade 2 deal seems to be ONLY good for PRE-ORDERS this time around.....

Now, to find me a cheap Action Replay so I can D/L players names

Another controller
Halo
Lego Star Wars
Samurai Warriors
Advent Rising

Don't trade the system in. I'll buy it from you.

[quote name='Roufuss']You do know that the SNK games coming out for Xbox are 29.99, right?

Samurai Shodown 5 and KoF 94: Rebout are listed at 29.99 MSRP... Neowave is the only one listed above that, at 39.99.[/QUOTE]

No, I did not knew that. I guess I'll do the deal with metal Slug 4/5 and NeoWave since they are the only ones that seems like a good deal. I don't know, Samurai Showdown doesn't seem that appealing, since they didn't do it with Special. Rebout I guess I'll get it once it goes down in value, it don't see it with that much replay value. I'll cancel neowave at gamestop, and I guess I'll put it more towards the xbox360. Thanks for the headsup.

[quote name='Roufuss']Can't imagine anyone will be there, much less heard about it.

First time I've ever heard of this... never saw any signage up at any of the GR's I went to. I wonder if this is for all Gamerush's? Mine closes at midnight, I really doubt they'd stay open for this, espically since no one probably knows.[/QUOTE]

the gr website suggests they will be open until 12.30 but i am guessing a call might be in order

[quote name='KCircle']So, is there any truth to the "Trade 2, get 1 New for $29.99" deal? I hear it's ended, sadly...[/QUOTE]

If only there were some way of knowing...like, say, the title of this thread

[quote name='dinovelvet']If only there were some way of knowing...like, say, the title of this thread[/QUOTE]

Funny, really...But that wasn't what I was asking.

If you read what I typed, I asked if there was a deal where trading in two games would allow you to purchase a NEW game for $29.99. Not pre-order a game for $29.99. Pre-ordering NCAA 2006 would do me no good, considering it has been released already, would it?

[quote name='KCircle']Funny, really...But that wasn't what I was asking.

If you read what I typed, I asked if there was a deal where trading in two games would allow you to purchase a NEW game for $29.99. Not pre-order a game for $29.99. Pre-ordering NCAA 2006 would do me no good, considering it has been released already, would it?[/QUOTE]

Only Preorders. You my friend, are Shit out of luck, or down $20. Either way.

[quote name='aaa']Only Preorders. You my friend, are Shit out of luck, or down $20. Either way.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well. I appreciate the answer, though. Thanks.

Even with the $7 restriction, the trade 2 for $30 deal is still great...I don't think it affects a lot of us at all, especially those that weren't flipping. Almost every game I traded in on the last sale sold for more than $7. And with the new games that have been added to the system over the past few weeks, there are a whole new crop of games to pre-order with the deal (although a consistent Xbox360 policy would be nice).

P.S. Anyone know what Psychonauts is trading for now? With the EB drop to $35, I'm guessing the high GR trade value ($26 last I checked) will be gone soon.

New prices on used systems: PS2 and Nintendo DS - $99 each. I overheard the woman at the Game Rush register telling another employee at the front register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back