Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='io']Yep, but we need to get quotes from today (New Years). I traded a couple of those yesterday as well - glad I did, now! Looks like the price dropped between then and now - UNLESS this is another regional/store thing or just flat out wackiness like DBZ:Saga. So it would be good to get a corroborating DF:BHD quote as well! I still have a couple more to trade (not DF:BHD, but some of the othese) so I will find out myself by tomorrow or Tues. for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you never know when they'll drop prices, it seems like they do it any day of the week now. I'm still planning to toss another Romance X at them next time I stop by!

BTW Flatout is 19.99 at Best Buy this week (or 15 if you use the GGC) so assuming it still gets 27 at GR it can make you a few bucks.

anybody know what:

Killzone
Star Ocean 'Til the End of Time (gh)

are trading for? and does brand new and sealed add any value??

[quote name='sirplue']anybody know what:

Killzone

are trading for? and does brand new and sealed add any value??[/QUOTE]

They wont take them sealed, and it being new and opened just means that they wont say "we wont take it, its scratched"

[quote name='sirplue']anybody know what:

Killzone

are trading for? and does brand new and sealed add any value??[/QUOTE]

I would imagine $6 or $7 for those - that's the typical price for recent GH type games that retail for $20. Except occasionally they pull wierd sh*t like with Geist ($4). As they are brand new and sealed, you might do better on eBay :D.

[quote name='jboy']For what it's worth, my Gamerush said that it will not get any new video games to sell for at least 6-8 weeks.
[/QUOTE]

8-[:?:

HUH? That better be some bs from an employee or just your store or i'll rampage my shithole GRs. I've got enough credit for 2 360 games whenever they come out in Feb/March.

EDIT: I can't add, even if they dont get crap in for 6-8 weeks then the 360 releases would still be on time. :lol: @ the thought of my GRs getting something on time....

[quote name='jboy']For what it's worth, my Gamerush said that it will not get any new video games to sell for at least 6-8 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

Why would they not get ANY new games? That just sounds odd. I may check tomorrow to see if there are any NEW 360 games in the system. I have a free rental I have to use.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it means they are not getting any already released new games. I have Megaman X Collection on pre-order and that comes out next week. they better get that in. Blockbuster going bankrupt probably wan't take place for a long time, since most of these companies can bleed money for quite some time, just look at Media Play.

Fight night 2 - gc - 27
Burnout revenge xobx - $19
Xmen legends 2 - xbox - $10

[quote name='io']Well, like I said, this list isn't comprehensive because it does not have Phantasy Star Universe or, I just realized, Chibi Robo, both of which I have had on preorder for a while now. It provides a baseline though to check for other titles.[/QUOTE]

Well, here is a MORE complete list of Pre-Orders for the 360

Here is what I remember (that is not already released)
-College Hoops 2K6
-Top Spin 2
-Darkness
-Demonik
-Godfather
-Tomb Raider
-Ghost Recon 3
-Frame City Killer
-Full Auto
-Saint's Row
-Burnout
-Prey
-Timeshift
-Splinter Cell 4
-Moto GP06
-The Outfit
-Elder Scrolls Oblivion
-Final Fantasy XI
-Gears of War
-MLB 2K6

[quote name='jkircos']Maybe it means they are not getting any already released new games. I have Megaman X Collection on pre-order and that comes out next week. they better get that in. Blockbuster going bankrupt probably wan't take place for a long time, since most of these companies can bleed money for quite some time, just look at Media Play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Blockbuster can stay afloat, but it doesn't mean they won't axe their Gamerush department. Didn't one of the GR employees (Dr.Frielgood?) post a while back that GR had until the end of 2005 to show a profit? Have they shown a profit? I really doubt it, given their laughable trade-in prices, their money-bleeding 29.99 pre-orders, the 25% off used games, and only charging 39.99 for brand new games. How exactly are GR making ANY money? Are there people out there actually buying used Powerdromes from them for $25 and Nightmare of Druagas for $35?

Just did some trades tonight:

ROTTK X $27 (But he adjusted to 25% more which added $6.75 for $33.75)
KOFMI PS2 $19 (adjusted to 25% more which added $4.75 for $23.75)
KOFMI XB $19 (adjusted to 25% more which added $4.75 for $23.75)
Duel Masters PS2 $1.50 (adjusted to 25% more which added $.37 for $1.87)

Came out to like $83 something.

Anyone else have this 25% more thing happen to them? The guy ringing me up (not using his name) knows me from previous trades, and said that not everyone gets this. WOOHOO!

Anyway, does anyone know if the Buy a GC bundle get a free game is still going on? I asked at my GR but they said it was over. I'm just not sure if it's just over for them cause they have no more bundles, or if I still have a chance to get one at another GR in town.

Also, is the Buy $100 worth gift cards get $10 free still going on?

Thanks!

Blackhawk Down PS2 and Flatout XB still get $27 each today. Ghost in the Shell SAC still is holding steady at $19.

KOF:MI is still hanging in at $19 as well. Looks like we all rushed out to make sure the prices didn't drop :D. Interesting that DF:BHD is still $27 for some (probably most) people but only $12 at that one location - a local change perhaps? NOW it will be Tues/Weds coming up and we could see some across-the-board price decreases, so we'll need another round of verifications on Wednesday.

[quote name='hotwls13']Just did some trades tonight:

ROTTK X $27 (But he adjusted to 25% more which added $6.75 for $33.75)
KOFMI PS2 $19 (adjusted to 25% more which added $4.75 for $23.75)
KOFMI XB $19 (adjusted to 25% more which added $4.75 for $23.75)
Duel Masters PS2 $1.50 (adjusted to 25% more which added $.37 for $1.87)

Came out to like $83 something.

Anyone else have this 25% more thing happen to them? The guy ringing me up (not using his name) knows me from previous trades, and said that not everyone gets this. WOOHOO!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It was a nationwide deal a while back, where you trade 3 or more games in and get an extra 25% on each title. It ended a few months ago, but there are some reports of a few stores here and there that are still doing it, and some are still doing the trade 2, get a preorder for $30.

[quote name='Bezerker']I hope Kuon is still at $24, was able to snatch two copies from Gamestop and i plan on going to Gamerush later.[/QUOTE]
Let me know, I'm going to try to make it out to both tonight to take care of a return before I wake up deathly ill in the morning and don't want to or can't leave the house.

Dang, I was in today and forgot to ask about new 360 games....oh well. Maybe next time. I want to change some over...I don't think GameRush will fold, but if the do, I would have 6-8 pre-orders to cash in.

[quote name='deadite76']Half Life 2(Xbox) gets $27[/QUOTE]

Wow, it went UP...it was $19 not too long ago.

So, no new trade-in deals on the horizon I take it?

Yep, Kuon still gets $24. I found that saying "i won 3 in an auction, and only need one" works well when selling two of the same game.

Toys R Us has restocked the $9.99 games. I picked up GITS & 3 copies of Killzone. I called GR and they said that Killzone is still worth $22.

[quote name='hotwls13']Crap, Killzone gets $22! I shall have to make another trade. :)[/QUOTE]
WOW, you must be lucky, just called GR here, KILLZONE only gets $10

[quote name='Bezerker']Toys R Us has restocked the $9.99 games. I picked up GITS & 3 copies of Killzone. I called GR and they said that Killzone is still worth $22.[/QUOTE]

how likely that tru restock these game? one tru is close by GR i may stop by.. but if not likely.. then forget about it :)

[quote name='chior']WOW, you must be lucky, just called GR here, KILLZONE only gets $10[/QUOTE]

Yes, Killzone has long been a game that has different trade in prices in different regions. I know my local stores sell it used for $16.99, so you'd be lucky to get $10 for it here.

Hmm, i hope the prices didnt drop mid-day. Im not able to go up there tonight, ill go tomorrow morning, hopefully prices wont be any diff... Ill just leave my copies sealed til i go tomorrow.

I noticed on the OP that it says there are no current trade-in deals, yet at gamerush.com, they still list the trade 2 games get a pre-order for $29.99.

I thought this was over.

I have been out of the gamerush loop for a couple months, but now I'm back in trading in games again, but I haven't been pre-ordering.

Also, does anyone know if the Buy a Gamecube system get a free additional game is still going on?

ROTTK X still gets $27 as of last night. :)

The trade 2, get a PO for $29.99 deal is over, they just never took the site down. My local GR still had the sign saying that if you buy a GC/DS you get a free game.

Killzone is still worth $22 (here, differs by region), and Ghost in the Shell: SAC (PS2) is $19.

I thought it was funny that Killzone is worth $22 in trade, but they sell it new for $19.99

[quote name='train789']Also with the trade 2 get a pre-order for 29.99, the 2 games have to worth I think 7 bucks each....[/QUOTE]

Their sale value had be exactly, or more than $7.99. Their trade in value didnt.

I remember i used Metal Gear Solid 2 (trade in value was $1.50) and Batman for Xbox ($1.00). They sold for more than $7.99 so i got the deal.

Shame its not going on anymore, though since Gamerush's arent supposed to be getting any new games for the next 8 weeks, maybe they'll be doing some more offers afterwards (if they are still in business).

[quote name='Bezerker']Their sale value had be exactly, or more than $7.99. Their trade in value didnt.

I remember i used Metal Gear Solid 2 (trade in value was $1.50) and Batman for Xbox ($1.00). They sold for more than $7.99 so i got the deal.

Shame its not going on anymore, though since Gamerush's arent supposed to be getting any new games for the next 8 weeks, maybe they'll be doing some more offers afterwards (if they are still in business).[/QUOTE]

Gamerush is still getting games in Central Florida... new releases are still coming in.

Anyone ever ask about Metal Slug 4/5 ps2? I picked up a couple games for another CAG and got an extra copy in case someone else needed one but now GR is on my mind......:roll:

LOL I'll ask later when I go trade in the KOFmi I picked up to trade at GR.

Dang I been outta this thread to long, Killzone gets $22 somewhere?! Shipwreck is just across the river from me, I hope you Ohio people don't drag down our KY prices because the Florence TRU has a bunch of these. I've been there 2 days in a row though and don't wanna go back! :bomb:

[quote name='$hady']Anyone ever ask about Metal Slug 4/5 ps2? I picked up a couple games for another CAG and got an extra copy in case someone else needed one but now GR is on my mind......:roll:

Dang I been outta this thread to long, Killzone gets $22 somewhere?! Shipwreck is just across the river from me, I hope you Ohio people don't drag down our KY prices because the Florence TRU has a bunch of these. I've been there 2 days in a row though and don't wanna go back! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a stack of Killzone at my TRU along side the Trigger Man and Virtua Quests. I kind of assumed, based on that alone, that it was worthless. I thought it had gone GH anyway. I'm just not sure if it is worth trekking on back to TRU though for that. I know if I do GR will drop it on an off day - like Friday :D.

I've built my GR credit back up to a respectable level with TRU leftovers (since I missed the sale by several days). They better stick around long enough so I can do a PS3 preorder. Without the preorder deal the credit is just building up otherwise. I guess if they get rid of GR, I'll be able to rent movies for free for the rest of my life (given that I only rent 2 or 3 a year).

[quote name='$hady']Anyone ever ask about Metal Slug 4/5 ps2? I picked up a couple games for another CAG and got an extra copy in case someone else needed one but now GR is on my mind......:roll:

Dang I been outta this thread to long, Killzone gets $22 somewhere?! Shipwreck is just across the river from me, I hope you Ohio people don't drag down our KY prices because the Florence TRU has a bunch of these. I've been there 2 days in a row though and don't wanna go back! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I was quoted $13.50 for Metal Slug 4/5 PS2.

[quote name='io']I've built my GR credit back up to a respectable level with TRU leftovers (since I missed the sale by several days). They better stick around long enough so I can do a PS3 preorder.[/QUOTE]

I, too, hope that Gamerush sticks around for the PS3 launch as well... but only time will tell... :bomb:

Jeez, i didnt even think about reserving a PS3, probably a good idea if Sony plans to short production like Microsoft did with the 360 (pre-ordered the 360 at Gamestop on 9/1 and im still 60th in line).

Right now i got $370 store credit (from $150 cash), so hopefully that will cover a good portion of the PS3 price. Anyone know how long it takes till you get "the letter"? (so i can keep a lookout, just in case i traded too much these past 3 weeks, lol)

[quote name='Bezerker']Jeez, i didnt even think about reserving a PS3, probably a good idea if Sony plans to short production like Microsoft did with the 360 (pre-ordered the 360 at Gamestop on 9/1 and im still 60th in line).

Right now i got $370 store credit (from $150 cash), so hopefully that will cover a good portion of the PS3 price. Anyone know how long it takes till you get "the letter"? (so i can keep a lookout, just in case i traded too much these past 3 weeks, lol)[/QUOTE]

LOL and here I was happy with having enough credit to buy Dead Rising the end of this month and then one of the many 360 games I want that come out in March.
:drool: March is gonna be HELLA expensive or time to sign back up for Gamefly!

Here are some current trade in prices from yesterday

Willy Wonka - Xbox- $19
Haunted Ground - $19
Mario Strikers-$30
Fight Night Round 2(GC)-$27

Thanks,
vgc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back