Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='io']Just noticed that everyone before is claiming DBZ: Sagas to be only $5 at TRU. It was $9.99 for me today. Is this another one of the promos that ended Christmas day?[/QUOTE]

It was $5 last week because they were running a sale that gave you $5 off the purchase of any DBZ game.

well here is a new one, im out of town visting relatives, decided to hit up TRU and get some trade fodder and head to the local BB with Romance X x2, Ghost in the Shell, KOF:MI, and Samurai Western. they lady said they couldnt take ghost in the shell or samurai western because they are rated M. I thought, WTF is that? I dont think she knew what she was talking about and will try again later, i hope they take them cuz they might drop in price by the time i return home..

A few trade in values:

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows(PS2) - $30
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life - $10

They wouldn't take my set of boxed bongos.

[quote name='io']Just noticed that everyone before is claiming DBZ: Sagas to be only $5 at TRU. It was $9.99 for me today. Is this another one of the promos that ended Christmas day?[/QUOTE]

Sales start on Sundays and end on Saturdays, meaning the sale on the Dragon Ball Z games ended Saturday, December 24th.

[quote name='Sulmona']well here is a new one, im out of town visting relatives, decided to hit up TRU and get some trade fodder and head to the local BB with Romance X x2, Ghost in the Shell, KOF:MI, and Samurai Western. they lady said they couldnt take ghost in the shell or samurai western because they are rated M. I thought, WTF is that? I dont think she knew what she was talking about and will try again later, i hope they take them cuz they might drop in price by the time i return home..[/QUOTE]
That's a new one. Wonder if there are some kind of warped blue laws. You should ask if they also deny trade-ins of R rated movies.

In any case, I traded Samurai Western today with no problems at a new store (to me).

Values (most already known):
Dead to Rights: Reckoning (PSP): $18
DBZ Sagas (Xbox): $9.50
DBZ Sagas (PS2): $12
Psychonauts (PS2): $24
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X (PS2): $27
Samurai Western (PS2): $19
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (PS2): $27
Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2): $27

[quote name='Sulmona']well here is a new one, im out of town visting relatives, decided to hit up TRU and get some trade fodder and head to the local BB with Romance X x2, Ghost in the Shell, KOF:MI, and Samurai Western. they lady said they couldnt take ghost in the shell or samurai western because they are rated M. I thought, WTF is that? I dont think she knew what she was talking about and will try again later, i hope they take them cuz they might drop in price by the time i return home..[/QUOTE]

You should have asked to speak with a manager. That's pretty much bullshit lady talk right there.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Sales start on Sundays and end on Saturdays, meaning the sale on the Dragon Ball Z games ended Saturday, December 24th.[/QUOTE]

That's great. Of course I had no idea it was any kind of "sale". See I didn't have the Internets last week :D. All those other games are still $10 - they didn't go back up today, so the Sunday - Saturday rule is not hard and fast, eh? Like with the free Star Wars controllers - Mr TRU insider in the TRU sale thread assumed the deal would go till they cleared them all out - turns out it ended Saturday as well...

A side note - today at the TRU with all the games pulled onto the table (with the "$4.99 and up" sign) there was very little chance anything would be left as every casual shopper in there was under the impression all those games would be $4.99. I'm curious as to how many bought games and didn't find out till later (or possibly not at all) that they actually paid anywhere from $10-$50 ($50 if they picked up Geist or Xbox Psychonauts) but didn't catch it in time because they were buying carts full of other junk as well. Pretty sneaky tactic by TRU if it wasn't just simple incompetence :D. They offered me $20 for Geist after I pointed out they had a stack of 10 on the sale table (at first they used the old standby excuse that someone must have moved it there). That wasn't CAG-y enough for me, so I passed.

Wow - just realized something - today was the first time in well over a month that I've traded anything in to ANY store. It was kind of a nice break :).

[quote name='chior']Anybody knows trade-in valude for:
Wrestle Mania 21 xbox,
Fight night 2 GC
Pikmin 2 GC

thanks[/QUOTE]

add mario party 6 to that list

[quote name='atane']Anyone know how much Need For Speed Most Wanted: The Black version (xbox) is trading for at GR?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

Today (Tues) at a regular BB:

PS2 - King of Fighters MI: $19
PS2 - World Tour Soccer 2006: $19

Yes, I did actually get a KOF:MI yesterday (couldn't resist with the big
pile sitting there at TRU). I wasn't sure if I was actually
going to trade it in, but I just decided to go for it. Who knows if GR will
ever have a good deal again. I won't do more than the one though :D.

I totally missed the boat on the TRU deals...oh well. I really would like some more GR credit....no big deal though. I could trade a few of my 360 games in, but I cannot fathom doing that yet, even if I did finish them (Condemned)

Also, please update if they have any NEW 360 games to pre-order :) Dead Rising?

Got trade-in value for:
PS2 Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game Of The Movie $15.00
(the official winner of the longest name of video games)

[quote name='ManChowder']forgot to mention.......

Kuon(ps2)- $24.00

..can be had for $9.99 used at Gamestop, if your store has it.[/QUOTE]
The best part is the GameStop next door to GameRush has it in stock... Thanks!

Will take care of that when I return Metal Arms GC (can be had for $10 at BB, and I paid the equivalent in credit ($20) so no point in that and my cart-only Advance Wars 2 since I got a new copy from TRU.

Does anyone have the trade price for GC Fight Night round 2? I ask because I was in GR today and saw a used one with a 44.99 price tag on it. Could be an outdated tag, but you never know.

And I also saw the Blockbuster exclusive Xbox 9 more holes of Xmas Outlaw golf, for 99 cents!

[quote name='MightySlacker']did Galleon ever drop?

Dave[/QUOTE]

Still $19 as of last week. Seems a lot of the popular trade-ins get 'stuck' at 19...Nightmare of Druaga, King of fighters, etc.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Nice, thanks. Looks like we've got another TRU gem :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I passed that one up because I assumed it would be worth squat. It wasn't in all the trade-in lists people had here either... Doubt it is still there, but maybe I'll check tomorrow.

[quote name='lyric706']Final Fight Round 2 (GC) was $27 for me last week.[/QUOTE]

Damn. My TRU had 2 copies of that, but they are definately gone. That is a major loss. Those 2 copies, and the 1 copy of Black Hawk Down that I let someone grab before me could of given me a $51 profit :bomb:

Just FYI, PS2 Killer 7 is worth 16.50 at Best Buy. I know, I know, but I just want you guys to get the best deal you can. Hopefully there's a Best Buy close to you that takes in trades. Ghost in the Shell is only worth $7.50 there though and KOF-MI is only $2!

[quote name='botticus']The best part is the GameStop next door to GameRush has it in stock... Thanks!

Will take care of that when I return Metal Arms GC (can be had for $10 at BB, and I paid the equivalent in credit ($20) so no point in that and my cart-only Advance Wars 2 since I got a new copy from TRU.[/QUOTE]

Same here except my local Gamestop has copies in but I have a regular BB next to it.

What's the trade in value of:
Genji: Path of the Samuari PS2

Wow. I stopped by TRU at lunch and they were cleaned out. The only decent money-maker they had left was GitS, which netted $19 at a regular BB. DBZ Sagas (XB) still got $9.50

[quote name='lyric706']Final Fight Round 2 (GC) was $27 for me last week.[/QUOTE]

See, now that's the kind of thing that would turn me over to the Dark Side.

I'll just thank my lucky stars I found a copy for myself to play and continue staring at the white light for now...

[quote name='gunm']See, now that's the kind of thing that would turn me over to the Dark Side.

I'll just thank my lucky stars I found a copy for myself to play and continue staring at the white light for now...[/QUOTE]

I put the over/under at 2 visits before GR does something to piss you off and turn you over to the Dark Side.

It sure is fun over here. Now when I trade in games I return to my car and laugh maniacally. It's really great when you do something truely evil to them. The other day I tried trading in one of my free Star Wars Xbox controllers, but the system wouldn't take it. I was redeemed however when one of the employees asked to buy my controller. He left his register where paying customers were waiting to come out to my car and pay me $8 for 2 controllers that I got for free. While I was taking his money and watching customers waiting for him to return I could just imagine myself fuck Gamerush's mom in the :booty: . Ahhh.... it brings a smile to my face just thinking about all of the copies of D2R2 sitting on their shelves.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks for the KUON info...I can confirm it trades for $24. Nice deal.....too bad there were no more around in Metro Detroit.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a single copy of Kuon at all 14 Gamestops within 30 miles of me... I'm going to try the paper ticket TRU today or tomorrow to see if a few games slipped through the cracks... I'm hoping they didn't pull all the sale games out and put them in a bin.

Anyone else notice that they're not just changing trade in prices on Tuesdays and Wednesdays anymore?

I found that PS2 DBZ Sagas dropped from 12.50 to 2.50 on a Thursday. This may have just been due to some holiday quirk, but still....

I was told that too, as the reason why GTA: Trilogy didn't scan in (she had scanned the wrong code.)

When she wouldn't let me trade it in, I pointed to the shelf which clearly had tons of M games on in, so then she tried again.

I mean, seriously, they do sell Playboy the Mansion...

damn, two of the gamestops i go to have "1-3" copies of Kuon, ill definately have to try that out.

Eb's site doesnt have it listed, so i cant use their store locator >

[quote name='Archaic']Anyone else notice that they're not just changing trade in prices on Tuesdays and Wednesdays anymore?

I found that PS2 DBZ Sagas dropped from 12.50 to 2.50 on a Thursday. This may have just been due to some holiday quirk, but still....[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that's quite a harsh drop. Does anyone know if the other TRU games are still holding up at Gamerush, like Psychonauts for $24 and Romance X for $27 etc?

[quote name='Archaic']Anyone else notice that they're not just changing trade in prices on Tuesdays and Wednesdays anymore?

I found that PS2 DBZ Sagas dropped from 12.50 to 2.50 on a Thursday. This may have just been due to some holiday quirk, but still....[/QUOTE]

Was this an actual trade or just a quote? Because I had them scan a DBZ Saga (PS2) at my local BB 2 days ago (this Monday) and they said it was $12.50. What Thursday did you say this happened - last week? I really doubt they would drop something from $12.50 to $2.50 - $12.50 to $7 or $8, sure, but not $2.50. Now, if this was just a quote it is possible they misread it and dropped the '1'. Unless, as you say, this was a quirk that got corrected (much like the week that many Gamecube games were quoting 25 cents or so).

I hope Romance X holds up - I actually just found 2 copies tonight. One to keep, one to trade.

Wow, it's been a looong while since I checked this thread. Here's to hoping they come up with a better promotion than the $39.99 one.

On another note, this KUON thing seems pretty tasty.

This was a trade. I tried it at a San Antonio Blockbuster, figured the clerk didn't know what she was doing when she quoted me the 2.50, and refused to trade it in.
Then today I traded it in at a Dallas Gamerush when they confirmed that it was for 2.50. Psychonauts was still 24 and Fight Night 2 (GC) was still 27.

[quote name='io']Was this an actual trade or just a quote? Because I had them scan a DBZ Saga (PS2) at my local BB 2 days ago (this Monday) and they said it was $12.50. What Thursday did you say this happened - last week? I really doubt they would drop something from $12.50 to $2.50 - $12.50 to $7 or $8, sure, but not $2.50. Now, if this was just a quote it is possible they misread it and dropped the '1'. Unless, as you say, this was a quirk that got corrected (much like the week that many Gamecube games were quoting 25 cents or so).

I hope Romance X holds up - I actually just found 2 copies tonight. One to keep, one to trade.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='$hady']I traded in DBZ Saga for PS2 this monday, $12 same price as last friday when I traded 2 copies at a different store.[/QUOTE]

OK, looks like we have another regional price difference like with GT4 and some others in the past. Before the lower prices were in CA, but, Archaic, I see you are in TX. Wierd...

[quote name='eraser813']I got a $4 quote for Geist as well here in So.Cal. Went to Best Buy and they gave me $30![/QUOTE]
... Best Buy needs to go nationwide with trade-ins. They're the new GameRush+. They sell the damn game new for $20.

I really, REALLY hope a Best Buy near me starts taking in trades. Do you get store credit? And can you use store credit on T.V.'s and computers? Because that would be fucking amazing! :D

Sweet...

Today (Thurs) at a regular BB:

PS2 - Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X: $27
PS2 - Haunting Ground: $19
GCUBE - Fight Night Round 2: $27

As you can see, I was somewhat successful in my TRU trip last night, but not for the reason I thought I might be. This is a "paper ticket" TRU but they actually had all these games laying out in a cart with a prominent "$9.98" sign above it. I was shocked that these (and many other games) were still there. Maybe they got restocked?

Woot, i was able to snag the last Kuon from one of the Gamestop's here. One EB by me had it new, but they were charing $49.99 >

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back