Games disappearing fast?

appleyum

CAGiversary!
Why are some games disappearing so fast? These 2 are the most recent one I notice.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne 10/12/2004
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 04/05/2005

They got good reviews and yet it's rare to find these item in stores anymore. Digital devil just came out in April?!?!

[quote name='TheRaven']The TRU by me still has a grip of DDS' in stock.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I found one but ebgames doesn't even sell it anymore. My local gamestop and toys r us only have 1 copy left of the collector's box edition.

EDIT: Odd Digital Devil Collector's box edition wasn't even on ebgames.com when I check 1-2 days ago they only had preown regular edition, one of the review mentioned you won't find digital devil anymore. I went out the door to find one as soon I read that.

Now I just need to find Nocturne. I should have bought it when I saw it at toys r us 1-2 months ago. Grrr.

[quote name='appleyum']Why are some games disappearing so fast? These 2 are the most recent one I notice.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne 10/12/2004
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 04/05/2005

They got good reviews and yet it's rare to find these item in stores anymore. Digital devil just came out in April?!?![/QUOTE]

Atlus games are usually produced in smaller quantities than most other titles. There is also an established fanbase that buys their games. That can make it difficult to find them.

I still see them both at Fry's and thats the only place. But no collectors edition anywhere except on Ebay.

Get ahold of Nocturne if you can, it's a great game. try gamestop's inventory search and you'll probably find it for 39.99

[quote name='electrictroy']Too many games, not enough shelf space. Only the Top games stick around.

troy[/QUOTE]
Not quite. I see a lot of bad game still taking up shelf space ;)

I expect them to at least have enough to last a year.
This one is from Game Universe
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Backordered since 3/9/2005

Only about 5 month into the sell

[quote name='the3rdkey']I live by two TRUs. Each one has plenty of them.[/QUOTE]
I am trying to find a local toys r us still carries it. Too bad no online store inventory check

Originally Posted by electrictroy
Too many games, not enough shelf space. Only the Top games stick around.

troy

yeah, like all 500 versions of the critically acclaimed WWE series.

[quote name='appleyum']Not quite. I see a lot of bad game still taking up shelf space ;)

I expect them to at least have enough to last a year.
This one is from Game Universe
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Backordered since 3/9/2005

Only about 5 month into the sell[/QUOTE]

Atlus has a very hardcore following and they pretty much just develop for them, I think Nocturne had a 30,000 copy print run.

[quote name='Apossum']Atlus has a very hardcore following and they pretty much just develop for them, I think Nocturne had a 30,000 copy print run.[/QUOTE]
I guess I am 30,001 then :oops:

[quote name='bookishboy']I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see any Slick Deals on those titles

;)[/QUOTE]
LOL go back to your Podium :booty:

Woo found it at TRU. It wasn't on the shelf but it was in their shelf behind the counter. There were like 2 left and 1 left for Digtal Devil collector's box.

Maybe I should return Digital Devil and wait for it drop down to $49.99 ;)

[quote name='appleyum']I am trying to find a local toys r us still carries it. Too bad no online store inventory check[/QUOTE]

How much are you willing to pay?

[quote name='Apossum']
yeah, like all 500 versions of the critically acclaimed WWE series. [/QUOTE]When I wrote "top" I wasn't talking about quality. I was talking about "best selling". Stores buy *thousands* of sports titles and Star Wars games, so there's always plenty on the shelf.

In contrast, certain games (like japanese rpg imports) are believed by stores to be poor sellers, so they only buy a few copies..... and they quickly disappear.

It's similar to why you hear some songs endlessly on the radio, but other songs you hear once & then they disappear. It's the managers deciding what games the customers are likely to buy.

And no, I don't blame the managers. There are what? 1000 games per console? * 3 consoles = 3000 games. There is no way a store can carry all those games. There's just not enough shelf space.

So they only carry the best-selling games, and the less-popular games are removed from the shelf.

troy

Atlus is known for shipping games based on number of preorders. Usually they only shipped out enough for preorders and a few copies.

Atlus games go quick. I paid full price for DDS when it came out. I also heard good things about nocturn and picked it up a few months ago. I managed to get the limited edition of nocturn with the soundtrack. I've only played an hour of nocturn, but I've really enjoyed the soundtrack.

[quote name='Apossum']
yeah, like all 500 versions of the critically acclaimed WWE series. [/QUOTE]When I wrote "top" I wasn't talking about quality. I was talking about "best selling". Stores buy *thousands* of sports titles and Star Wars games, so there's always plenty on the shelf. ----- In contrast, certain games (like japanese rpg imports) are believed by stores to be poor sellers, so they only buy a few copies..... and they quickly disappear.

It's similar to why you hear some songs endlessly on the radio, but other songs you hear once & then they disappear. It's the managers deciding what games the customers are likely to buy.

And no, I don't blame the managers. There are what? 1000 games per console? * 3 consoles = 3000 games. There is no way a store can carry all those games. There's just not enough shelf space.

So they only carry the best-selling games, and the less-popular games are removed from the shelf.

troy

There are still new(gutted) copies of Nocturne and DDS @ my local EB. Nocturne has been available there since the store opened a few months ago. DDS has never been OOS to my knowledge. Finding these games is probably a regional YMMV.

[quote name='onikage']There are still new(gutted) copies of Nocturne and DDS @ my local EB. Nocturne has been available there since the store opened a few months ago. DDS has never been OOS to my knowledge. Finding these games is probably a regional YMMV.[/QUOTE]

i couldn't find a copy of midway arcade treasures 2 for the longest time, and i know the print run on that was huge.. its always down to YMMV. .. i don't like how some stores stock a lot of worthless "cheap" games just because they are cheap, not because they are cheap and good. sports games are ridiculous.. even as a kid and when i was really into sports i never wanted to get one.

bread's done
Back