Games it is impossible not to like.

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
What are yours? Which games do you think no one not even genre haters could not have fun with? (don't just post your favorite game unless it works.)

I think
Burnout3
Resident Evil 4

Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Some will say the play is unbalanced, but I still think they've had a good time playing. Hell, the Home Run Derby, Break the Targets, and Board the Platforms have me and my friends competing for the top times/disctances, etc.

[quote name='AvidWriter']:? Well I dont like Tetris or Bubble Bobble, I played those on NES....so er what does that mean?[/quote]

You are not human.

[quote name='Rig']Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Some will say the play is unbalanced, but I still think they've had a good time playing. Hell, the Home Run Derby, Break the Targets, and Board the Platforms have me and my friends competing for the top times/disctances, etc.[/quote]

I never played melee but I absolute despise the original. Playing it made me want to die it was so horribly balanced. In a multiplayer game, balance is everything.

I'll second tetris, bubble bobble, and burnout 3 though. Also super mario bros. and bomberman.

[quote name='msdmoney']i gaurantee dennisdfat hates all the games mentioned so far.[/quote]
:lol: He's the exception to the rule, though he does have his favorites.

Donkey Konga got even my mom (first time since tetris and Dr. Mario) to play.

[quote name='msdmoney']i gaurantee dennisdfat hates all the games mentioned so far.[/quote]

yeah, i am waiting for his post in here to say something. it'd actually be weird to see him post something he likes.

on topic though, i'd have to agree with tetris. haven't played any of the others, other than RE4 and i can say thats not everyones cup of tea. and same with SSB and SSBM

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll'][quote name='Rig']Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Some will say the play is unbalanced, but I still think they've had a good time playing. Hell, the Home Run Derby, Break the Targets, and Board the Platforms have me and my friends competing for the top times/disctances, etc.[/quote]

I never played melee but I absolute despise the original. Playing it made me want to die it was so horribly balanced. In a multiplayer game, balance is everything.

I'll second tetris, bubble bobble, and burnout 3 though. Also super mario bros. and bomberman.[/quote]

You would like Melee a LOT more. The unbalanced play of the first irked me off as well. Melee fixes nearly all of those problems. Hence, Melee isn't about the throws... ;)

Odd how this far into the thread nobody has mention Wario Ware for GBA.

And Bust a Move 4 for DC was a blast when I lived in a dorm

Quick and mindless is something everyone loves.

There is no game "impossible" not to like.. there's going to be someone that hates any game you can think of.

In fact, some of the titles mentioned (RE4) I hate with a passion. I realize it may be a good game, but its severly not my bag of tea.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']There is no game "impossible" not to like.. there's going to be someone that hates any game you can think of.

In fact, some of the titles mentioned (RE4) I hate with a passion. I realize it may be a good game, but its severly not my bag of tea.[/quote]

Fine, fine, games its 'difficult' not to like.

[quote name='bookishboy']Seaman

Donkey Konga

Samba De Amigo

Katamari Damacy

Zelda Ocarina of Time

The Sims

Ico[/quote]

Er, are you sure about Ico, The Sims, and Zelda? I know plenty of people who dislike those. Anyway, I would have to say the original Super Mario Bros. I have never heard anyone say something negative about that classic.

[quote name='Rozz'][quote name='bookishboy']Seaman

Donkey Konga

Samba De Amigo

Katamari Damacy

Zelda Ocarina of Time

The Sims

Ico[/quote]

Er, are you sure about Ico, The Sims, and Zelda? I know plenty of people who dislike those. Anyway, I would have to say the original Super Mario Bros. I have never heard anyone say something negative about that classic.[/quote]

its not 3d..................(as some unfortunated soul who never played it til it was released as a classic game would say)(not myself included, played it at its launch or damn near.)

but seriously, its a great games

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I'd say Freedom Fighters, but Casey is the only human to ever say he doesn't like it.[/quote]

Yes and for that he must pay.....

I have found this cute cat picture to represent my rage!

Fist%20of%20Fury%202.JPG

[quote name='bookishboy']Seaman

Donkey Konga

Samba De Amigo

Katamari Damacy

Zelda Ocarina of Time

The Sims

Ico[/quote]

I hated ICO with a passion and seaman was pretty boring.

Katamari Damacy would be my choice, also I think Punch-Out! deserves mention as well as I don't know many people that don't like it.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='msdmoney']i gaurantee dennisdfat hates all the games mentioned so far.[/quote]

yeah, i am waiting for his post in here to say something. it'd actually be weird to see him post something he likes.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he actually likes Bubble Bobble

Id say that Samba de Amgio is up there. Sure, people might not WANT to play it... but one they touch those maracas... the monkey takes over. GREATEST. PARTY. GAME. EVER.

super punch out for the snes that game was awesome still to this day i sometimes play it on my comp you gotta love pounding on a guy whose name is narsis prince or whatever his name is

i agree on whoever said burnout 3....everybody that has seen it seems to agree it's damn impressive..i can't imagine anybody not enjoying that game at least a bit

It's true there can't be a game that EVERYONE likes just like music or something. Someone has to "hate it". For me I don't like the Sims that much, but most of the other simulations I enjoy.

Hell yea Burnout 3 is kick ass IMO. Love that game, it's right on my top ten. Katamari well there could be people who don't enjoy that game, maybe the more "mature fanboys" or something. Or those who don't enjoy the Japanese niche of it.

Hmm how about the game Gunbound? Well I'm sure a lot of people "hate it" from the people playing in it and acting like asses or something, but just playing it with the right people it's cool. Although shooting each other with little cute mobiles isn't really a strong interest to the more hmmm "serious gamer", but fun nonetheless to me.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']It's true there can't be a game that EVERYONE likes just like music or something. Someone has to "hate it". For me I don't like the Sims that much, but most of the other simulations I enjoy.

Hell yea Burnout 3 is kick ass IMO. Love that game, it's right on my top ten. Katamari well there could be people who don't enjoy that game, maybe the more "mature fanboys" or something. Or those who don't enjoy the Japanese niche of it.

Hmm how about the game Gunbound? Well I'm sure a lot of people "hate it" from the people playing in it and acting like asses or something, but just playing it with the right people it's cool. Although shooting each other with little cute mobiles isn't really a strong interest to the more hmmm "serious gamer", but fun nonetheless to me.[/quote]

I know cornfed is anal about everything but do you have to get in on it? C'mon, don't take the question that literaly.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I'd say Freedom Fighters, but Casey is the only human to ever say he doesn't like it.[/quote]

No, I'm also in that boat, Freedom fighters was right next to turok on my least favorite games of all time list... It was still better than Bionicle, ET, or space channel 5, but that isn't saying much.

Back on topic now: Add Donkey Konga, Super Mario Bros., SMB3, Super Mario world, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Ribbit King, Megaman X-X3, Castlevania... well the 2-d ones

I also second that Bomberman one, except for bomberman online, that one sucked, and bomberman hero was kinda meh, Even that side scroller GB one had some good parts.

This topic is stupid. here is no one game that EVERYONE likes, it's just not possible. it would have to cater to such diverse tastes that eventually you're stepping on toes.

Street Fighter II (any version) -Dominate the arcades in 90s
Tetris -A game that may not be the most favorite for people but have played regardless.

bread's done
Back