Games similar to Freedom Fighters

I remember that game me and a friend used to really enjoy the multiplayer. what aspect of the game did you like so much? that would probably make it easier to reccomend something.

behind the guy (not first person) and being able to order guys to do stuff for you. That was the main highlight. Just a great overall game. Pretty much loved it all.

Well Freedom Fighters was made by the Hitman team, so if you haven't played any of those games try them out. I don't think there are going to be too many games that capture the "feeling" of Freedom Fighters but there are a number of good third person shooters out there. Try out Mercenaries, it is GH now so you can snag it for $15 during the upcoming two for $30 sale.

i was just thinking about freedom fighters the other day. my friend and i really enjoyed it too, so i was trying to think of games to possibly recommend to him. while really nothing like ff with the exception of it being a 3rd-person-shooter-with-a-twist, you might enjoy psi-ops. psi-ops' twist is... well, psychic powers. so rather than commanding your buddies arround like you do in ff, you can manipulate the environment... WITH YOUR MIND, BRO! peep some reviews via gamerankings:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914552.asp?q=psi-ops

definitely worth a rent at the very least. if i think of any others i'll let you know.

Hitman is nothing like Freedom Fighters. Brothers in Arms is good but the OP wanted a third person shooter. Like someone else said, there really is no other game that is third person and squad based.

[quote name='Tromack']Well, the new game Kane & Lynch is made by the team and is said to have similar gameplay.[/quote]

Yeah i read about this one. This is going to be a must buy.

[quote name='souNReAL']Mercenaries (more action)
Full Spectrum Warrior (more strategy, squad based)[/QUOTE]

I second Mercenaries.

Full Spectrum Warrior I thought was a horrible game.

Brute Force (Xbox). I can't remember if its first or third person (or maybe you can toggle?). But its dirt cheap and pretty fun. 4-person squad, each with different strengths and weaknesses. A thinker's shooter, you have to use your team well and can't run in guns blazing.

Hey if you do want mercenaries, maybe you could get lucky at one of your local CCs and find a new copy for 8.96. MAYBE.

[quote name='espy605']Hitman is nothing like Freedom Fighters. Brothers in Arms is good but the OP wanted a third person shooter. Like someone else said, there really is no other game that is third person and squad based.[/quote]

socom, like jlarlee said

I am still a BIG fan of Freedom Fighters. To this day it is easily my favorite game. I dream of the day that Freedom Fighters 2 is created with melee stealth kills. At least a knife... Totally an underrated game.

Anyway... Here are games like it that anyone who loves freedom fighters should check out.

SOCOM (pretty much the whole series. 3rd person, squad based, stealth.)

CONFLICT: Desert Storm (1 & 2 are the best) another of my favorites.

Mercenaries

Rainbow Six Vegas (1 and 2, both awesome games. It isn't technically 3rd person, but it's a good mixture since you can get against walls and what not.)

The Warriors (Not a shooter, but it's my favorite fighting game EVER. I want another game like this.) Squad based (sort of), 3rd person. Way too much fun.

Godfather 2 If you like Freedom Fighters you'll probably love this. It wasn't rated very high by the general gamer population, but man it's fun if you like 3rd person squad based games. You can level up, level your mafia members up, send them on missions of their own, or order them around as they defend you. One of the most underrated games today in my opinion.

FREEDOM FIGHTERS FOREVER!!!

He probably just really felt that somebody should have told those guys about Godfather 2.

Five years ago.

bread's done
Back