Games with most disturbing images?

Mishimaryu

Banned
If anyone played Silent Hill 2 here, the part with the 2 pyramid heads how they got it on, it was definately disturbing...

in the RE4 demo there is a very graphic picture of a dead girl attached to a wall with a pitch fork through the head.... its very disturbing

The Suffering had quite a few.. but for now no particulars come straight into my head.

And as far as Drakengard.. I'd say there were some odd endings, but nothing disturbing.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']
And as far as Drakengard.. I'd say there were some odd endings, but nothing disturbing.[/quote]

You didn't find the giant women spewing huge babies that freeze time itself a bit disturbing?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Cornfedwb']
And as far as Drakengard.. I'd say there were some odd endings, but nothing disturbing.[/quote]

You didn't find the giant women spewing huge babies that freeze time itself a bit disturbing?[/quote]

Damn, I gotta play this game.

90% of the stuff in the Fatal Frame games.

The hanged man in Eternal Darkness that talks to you.

Ravenswood (I think that was the name) in Half Life 2. JESUS.

The fact that if you don't physically save your game before turning off Mario Pinball, you lose ALL YOUR PROGRESS. (I did it about 4 times after finishing 70% of the game).

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Cornfedwb']

You didn't find the giant women spewing huge babies that freeze time itself a bit disturbing?[/quote]

The endings really all dissapointed me. They were overdone to the point of being comedic. They were so unrealistic as to be entirely non-disturbing, IMHO.

The Killerman stage from Illbleed - any scene involving the corpses of killed amusement park guests were played straight and not for laughs, and that just made my skin crawl - especially when you get into the vast "morgue" full of stench from the bodies.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Cornfedwb']

The endings really all dissapointed me. They were overdone to the point of being comedic. They were so unrealistic as to be entirely non-disturbing, IMHO.[/quote]

Yeah I guess I can see that, it was a bit overdone but really that was just wierd, I personally found it a lot worse than the Pyrimind Heads from SH 2 that really seemed a bit weak.

[quote name='epobirs']Custer's Revenge. So abstract yet the viewer couldn't help but get what they want to depict.[/quote]

I was kind of thinking that, too.

Distubing would be a game for the Dreamcast which involved people turning into plants, small children melting, and a strange boss who was an old woman that played the Violin while she tried to kill you with tentacles that came out of her uh... female exclusive area...
I believe this game was called D2 or something like it. If anybody knows the game/name please post it. It certainly scarred me for life.

[quote name='dastly75'][quote name='evilmax17']The girl in the tub from Eternal Darkness.[/quote]

I second that.[/quote]

Did someone say tubgirl?

:shock:

The guy sitting himself on fire in Silent Hill 4 was cool. I'd think the most disturbing coolest thing I've seen a horror game do, the mirror room in Silent Hill 3, I'll never forget that (and the fact I didn't save before I went in that room..::Sigh::). Hmm, Metal Gear Solid 2 raiden running around in the nude. Doom III was pretty intense, not really disturbing as lets say watching a guy get hit by a bus at 40mph, but intense never the less. Yes the tub girl from Eternal Darkness got me pretty good,the banging on the doors got me a few times too (considering our house doors sound just the game house doors sound when you bang on them). Also the cutscenes in Clock Tower 3 was pretty distrubing, nothing like watching a 7 year old get hit in the face with a 20lbs sledge hammer :: cringe ::.

Ravenholm in Half Life 2
All the Silent Hill games
System Shock 2
Many of the parts in Undying
Many parts in the gameplay trailer for FEAR

I'll second the mirror room in the hospital on Silent Hill 3.

Also, something I thought was creepy at the time was the upstairs bathroom in The 11th Hour, for PC. Man, that was a while back.

Edit: Corrected title of game from "The 11th Guest" to "The 11th Hour," since I woke up in the middle of the night remembering my mistake.

[quote name='evilmax17']The girl in the tub from Eternal Darkness.[/quote]

Not so much disturbing, but goddamn did it scare the crap out of me.

If The Grudge were a game I wouldnt buy it for the sole purpose that I think it would terrify me to interact with that kind of game. Didnt see too many people talk about the Resident Evils. Some scary parts in every one of those.

[quote name='the_gloaming']I'll second the mirror room in the hospital on Silent Hill 3.

Also, something I thought was creepy at the time was the upstairs bathroom in The 11th Guest, for PC. Man, that was a while back.[/quote]

I thought the face coming out of the soup in 7th Guest was very disturbing. Of course, being quite young and playing it in the basement in the dark at like 2am didn't help :)

I'd also like to add that RE2 was pretty scary back in the day. I was 12, I think, when it came out, and it was rated Mature. My mom was all like "it's rated M! It's too violent for you! It'll give you nightmares!" blah blah blah.. which was entirely possible, the "Thriller" video by Michael Jackson used to give me nightmares.

Anyways, RE2 is the only one i've ever really sat down and went all the way through. The only time I jumped was when a pair of hands broke through a window.

Parasite Eve's FMV's were pretty disturbing, namely the one in the park. I won't spoil it, but it's messed up.. RE2, PE and PE2 still remain, along with Snatcher and Harvest Moon 64 (complete, suckas!) as my favorite games ever.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned shadowman, the first time those "hookers" came after me squelling like pigs. And the lost souls which sound like women screaming in agony when they die. The New York City apartment building? need I say more.

mario party... any one of them where the chance spaces fucks you over from way in first to buried in last on the final goddam turn.

on the plus side... that makes for 4,000 posts, blow me!

[quote name='Backlash'][quote name='the_gloaming']I'll second the mirror room in the hospital on Silent Hill 3.

Also, something I thought was creepy at the time was the upstairs bathroom in The 11th Guest, for PC. Man, that was a while back.[/quote]

I thought the face coming out of the soup in 7th Guest was very disturbing. Of course, being quite young and playing it in the basement in the dark at like 2am didn't help :)[/quote]

His name is actually souphead, but pretty much everything in 7th guest was just creepy (what was up with that evil clown and the guy vomiting a portal to hell in the ending??)

Anyway, I've played alot of horror and I go with the Silent Hill crew. Just plain disturbing (but brilliant)

Fatal Frame... it's the only game to every really scare the crap out of me. Those long are guys are scare any the girls with no eyes are creepy...

Also, in one of the Silent Hills (3?) There was a merry go round and theyre were real horses and they had poles throught them and they were decayed and still running.

And then theres the Sims.... *shudder* ...Someone hold me...

[quote name='camoor']
Anyway, I've played alot of horror and I go with the Silent Hill crew. Just plain disturbing (but brilliant)[/quote]

I think theyve been going down hill since one... I have yet to play 4, but I have it waiting.

O... the maniquin in SH3... you hear a woman screaming and then the maniquin next to you starts to bleed... o_O

Doesn't it show a very graphic shot of Max Payne's dead baby in one of the games? I've never seen it myself, but seem to remember a friend mentioning it. That makes me feel a little sick just thinking about it.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='evilmax17']The girl in the tub from Eternal Darkness.[/quote]

Not so much disturbing, but goddamn did it scare the crap out of me.[/quote]
Same here. I was playing at around midnight will all the lights out when I saw that.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']mario party... any one of them where the chance spaces shaq-fus you over from way in first to buried in last on the final goddam turn.

[/quote]

No that's just frustrating and I've had it happen . . . while playing with my son and trying to be a good "role model."

Manhunt is hands down for me . . . I really got into the game's atmosphere.

I played it with the headset . . . then one night we were testing out some walkie talkies and I walked out into the cold night talking to my wife and it freaked me out.

Yeah...the Max Payne nightmare sequence where his wife and kid get slaughtered was rather uncomfortable the first time I played it.

Silent Hill 2 was unnerving...Silent Hill 3 I only played a bit of, but it was intense in that way that you're like trapped, no place to go, have to keep running, etc...because I left off in the subway and haven't gotten back into it since, but it was stressful. lol Maybe I get stressed too easily.

The demon delivery rooms in "ShadowMan" were very disturbing. The soundtrack for the level mixed crying babies and chainsaws.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Distubing would be a game for the Dreamcast which involved people turning into plants, small children melting, and a strange boss who was an old woman that played the Violin while she tried to kill you with tentacles that came out of her uh... female exclusive area...
I believe this game was called D2 or something like it. If anybody knows the game/name please post it. It certainly scarred me for life.[/quote]

That would defintely be D2. Very disturbing game.

[quote name='the_gloaming']I'll second the mirror room in the hospital on Silent Hill 3.

Also, something I thought was creepy at the time was the upstairs bathroom in The 11th Hour, for PC. Man, that was a while back.

Edit: Corrected title of game from "The 11th Guest" to "The 11th Hour," since I woke up in the middle of the night remembering my mistake.[/quote]

Hell yeah 7th guest and the chicks head comes right out of the tomatoe soup and scremas at one of the guests...

qqth hour was the same way. Classic games for the PC. The 7th guest was teh first real PC game based on CD rom format.

[quote name='Backlash'][quote name='the_gloaming']I'll second the mirror room in the hospital on Silent Hill 3.

I thought the face coming out of the soup in 7th Guest was very disturbing. Of course, being quite young and playing it in the basement in the dark at like 2am didn't help :)[/quote]

Looks like I was beat to this part...

I would like to add sanitaruim to the list some of the people, scenes were pretty crazy.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']mario party... any one of them where the chance spaces shaq-fus you over from way in first to buried in last on the final goddam turn.

[/quote]

No that's just frustrating and I've had it happen . . . while playing with my son and trying to be a good "role model."[/quote]

So whats frustrating that your son ends up losing or you do?

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Backlash'][quote name='the_gloaming']I'll second the mirror room in the hospital on Silent Hill 3.

Looks like I was beat to this part...

I would like to add sanitaruim to the list some of the people, scenes were pretty crazy.[/quote]I had wanted to play this for the longest time, then one day I saw it for clearence at Target for $5, and to this day I don't know what I was thinking when I decided not to get it. ](*,)

bread's done
Back