Games you like but no one else really did.

When I was trying to hit 100K gamerscore a few of the easy 1000 games I played were ok, Prince Caspian I quite enjoyed playing through, Kung-Fu Panda and Ski-Doo challenge weren't bad either, considering how cheap they were.

Scoreline: Baja 1000 I really enjoyed playing through. Also just recently got the 1000 on LOTR:Conquest which was fun while it lasted.

NFS:Undercover was ok, not as good as Most Wanted but I liked it.

Rapala Fishing Frenzy was good fun to.

Bladestorm. Probably my favorite of the Koei games released on the 360 and actually one of my favorite games on the 360, sitting aside Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, Fallout 3, BioShock, and Ninja Gaiden 2. Bladestorm was practically a perfect blend of Warriors-style beat-em-up and real-time strategy in an actual current gen graphics engine. I wish a sequel would get released, but it sold so poorly I doubt that will ever happen. Maybe I can find solace in the new Kingdom Under Fire game...

[quote name='espionage']Bladestorm. Probably my favorite of the Koei games released on the 360 and actually one of my favorite games on the 360, sitting aside Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, Fallout 3, BioShock, and Ninja Gaiden 2. Bladestorm was practically a perfect blend of Warriors-style beat-em-up and real-time strategy in an actual current gen graphics engine. I wish a sequel would get released, but it sold so poorly I doubt that will ever happen. Maybe I can find solace in the new Kingdom Under Fire game...[/QUOTE]

check out the Kessen games on the PS2

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Oh, okay. Well hell yes, then, that game is fuckin awesome. The soundtrack was amazing.[/QUOTE]
One of the few games to use squad based combat effectivly and still make it fun.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']As a matter of fact, I don't :) FNR4 was the first sports game I've bought in 7 years (and I got it for free from GS by giving them some Target clearanced games).

About 3 years ago, a friend of mine who use to work for EA told me most sports games they develop are way ahead of the console(s) their suppose to be on, so they have to "trim, shave, hold out, whatever you want to call it" until it's feasible (and PC versions are really "dumbed down" and made equal to their console counterparts). This is why they can crank one out every year (they're giving you gradual "crumbs" of the same product with standard tweaks in graphics). The Madden you play now is "technically" a Madden from 2-3 years ago. They listen to their consumer, make small changes to their gripes, exchange currencies & favors to get 8-9 review scores and everybody's happy :)

But it seems people are catching on (because idiot publishers are putting out DLC a week after a game has come out), so hopefully this might change.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like what someone from EA would say...:roll:

For me it would definitely be Dynasty Warriors 4, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, and Dynasty Warriors 6. so many people laugh at that series, I have no idea why. also
Skate 2 is one of my favorite games ever yet people still think that like Tony Hawk Project 8 and shit are better. and Crackdown is definitely the biggest one for me. i have one friend who I play Crackdown with NON STOP, and everyone is like that game sucks. Crackdown 4 Life.

[quote name='zuuku']For me it would definitely be Dynasty Warriors 4, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, and Dynasty Warriors 6. so many people laugh at that series, I have no idea why. also
Skate 2 is one of my favorite games ever yet people still think that like Tony Hawk Project 8 and shit are better. and Crackdown is definitely the biggest one for me. i have one friend who I play Crackdown with NON STOP, and everyone is like that game sucks. Crackdown 4 Life.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure nobody thinks Tony Hawk is better than Skate.

Xbox : Total Overdose. Hilarious, crazy shit, like Max Payne meets GTA, directed by Robert Rodriguez. I'd love to see a next-gen sequel.

360 : Kane and Lynch I guess. I'm a big Michael Mann fan so I enjoyed the homage/ripoff levels they took from his films, like the Collateral nightclub shootout and the Heat robbery/escape. The multiplayer was really interesting and unique, but too often ruined by the token tool who tries to kill all his teammates right at the start.

Lair. One of of the best games of 2007 and one of the games that proved Sony PS3 is alot more powerfull then xbox 360.

[quote name='paulsend']I forgot about Red Faction 1-3, I love this series.[/QUOTE]
Huh? Everybody loves Red Faction!
[quote name='life.exe']I'm pretty sure nobody thinks Tony Hawk is better than Skate.[/QUOTE]
This. The popularity and credibility of the TH games took a huge nosedive with American Wasteland (and it was already struggling by THUG2), I think, and once Skate came along, I don't think many people have looked back.

And with Activision banking on a patently ridiculous peripheral to save the Hawk series, I'm pretty sure that Skate will be the skating series of choice for the foreseeable future.

[quote name='bvharris']Another underrated game (though I played it on PS3) is Eternal Sonata. I know people liked it and it scored well, it just seems like not a lot of people ever gave it a chance. Fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

I with you on that. I had alot of fun with the battle system and I really enjoyed the historical info on Chopin's life. I always thought George Sand was a guy.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Operation Darkness. Yes the game has several shortcomings and the some of the mechanics and the abysmal camera can ruin the game for many people, but WWII with werewolves, vampires, and zombies was fun. I had a pretty good time playing a tactical strategy game on the 360 that wasn't an arcade title. There's been plenty more since I've been playing games for over 20 years now, but that's probably the most recent I can remember.[/QUOTE]

This.

Others for me (outside of Operation Darkness):
-Bolt
-Meet The Robinsons
-The last two Crash games on the 360 have been quite fun.

I have the similar guilty pleasure of loving the Dynasty Warriors Games.

And the JSR series is awesome. Even the 360 one. I wish they'd make another. Cibo Matto FTW

[quote name='depascal22']I with you on that. I had alot of fun with the battle system and I really enjoyed the historical info on Chopin's life. I always thought George Sand was a guy.[/QUOTE]

I loved Eternal Sonata (check my Gamer Card, 1000/1000). Wonderful wonderful game.

Dark Sector. Yes, the plot sucked. The graphics were not the best. Shooting and cover system could have been better. But controlling a metal disk with surgical precision to decapitate and explode a room full of people in flames. Priceless.

Condemned series I also like, which although not totally disliked, most don't take to it.

I really liked Gun as well. I played it on the original Xbox but I'm going to get it on the 360 once it hits 100 points on Goozex.

[quote name='jd_james_427']Dark Sector. Yes, the plot sucked. The graphics were not the best. Shooting and cover system could have been better. But controlling a metal disk with surgical precision to decapitate and explode a room full of people in flames. Priceless.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, truly, the weapon IS the entire game. Guiding that thing in slo-mo right into someone's head never got old.

[quote name='depascal22']I really liked Gun as well. I played it on the original Xbox but I'm going to get it on the 360 once it hits 100 points on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up for GUN from me too. I'd love to see a sequel, I enjoyed the open-world/GTA in the wild west aspect of it. Did it sell well at all? Call of Juarez got a sequel, and there's another Red Dead coming soon, but Gun 2 is the one I really want to play!

[quote name='KiloMeda']Tom Clancy's EndWar for 360

Killer 7 for Gamecube[/QUOTE]

Oh man yea I loved Tom Clancy's EndWar as well but then I stopped playing it and I can't get back into it, keep on loosing battles, (offline I'm talking about).

Magi Nation (Game Boy Color)
Sword of Mana (Game Boy Advance)
Tomb Raider Underworld (360)*

* - Despite being insanely glitchy and annoying at times, it's still pretty enjoyable. Not enjoyable enough to get the DLC, though.

Yeah...not too many people like those. I'm wondering why this is in the 360 forum, though. Doesn't seem like a platform exclusive thing to me.

Well I see some of my not so greatest hits on this list so I feel better:

Gun
Fracture
Wet
Rise of the Argonauts
Legendary
Turning Point (Not sure I like it, but I did finish it)
Army of Two
Quake 4
Perfect Dark 0

Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land, PS2 - Not many people seemed to have played it. Great, dark story and fantastic traditional turn based battle system. Low sales meant no more sequels to USA. Hopefully the new Xbox Live Wizardry makes it.

Road Trip (Choro Q) PS2 - Fun RPG with talking cars. It's cheap too.

Kingdom Under Fire - I like the whole series. It has gore, cursing, scantly clad elf chicks. Woo

50 Cent BotS - Try it.

I would mention a game probably very few even played or enjoyed.

Legendary - Very fun single player campaign, has puzzles and until you finish the puzzles, enemies respawn infinitely, so it kinda gives you something to do even if your stuck, I usually hate both things when they happen in other games, but both combined gave me a real sense that I had to play with haste cause no matter were you were, you knew enemies were coming soon (and making it worse, werewolf enemies!).

Advent Rising - One of my top 5 games of all time, would almost buy a new Original Xbox just for that game.

Other mentions:
Fracture - Love this game a LOT.
Lair - Even the motion controls worked great for me.
Gun - Consider it better than all the GTAs combined, loved it and got 100% on PS2 and PSP version, working on 100% on the 360 version.

[quote name='depascal22']I really liked Gun as well. I played it on the original Xbox but I'm going to get it on the 360 once it hits 100 points on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dinovelvet']Thumbs up for GUN from me too. I'd love to see a sequel, I enjoyed the open-world/GTA in the wild west aspect of it. Did it sell well at all? Call of Juarez got a sequel, and there's another Red Dead coming soon, but Gun 2 is the one I really want to play![/QUOTE]

I loved Gun too. I picked it up at Best Buy on Black Friday a couple years ago for $5 even though I had no interest in the game and ended up loving it. A sequel would be great.

[quote name='nightmare452']I would mention a game probably very few even played or enjoyed.

Advent Rising - One of my top 5 games of all time, would almost buy a new Original Xbox just for that game.

Other mentions:
Fracture - Love this game a LOT.
Gun - Consider it better than all the GTAs combined, loved it and got 100% on PS2 and PSP version, working on 100% on the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Advent Rising, I heard that it had problems when it launched but I bet a few patches might have cleared the bugs up. Might check out a copy, still have my original Xbox.

Fracture - I have this game and haven't even played it yet but the demo wasn't half bad lol.

Gun - It was an ok western game but glad I rented it. Prob not the audience for that genre anyways.

I agree with this guy - Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard was awesome just for the story and voice acting.

Characters like Master Chef, all of the RPG texboxes when speaking to the "Cloud" character, and references to all of the different games - Soak'em (Socom), Penultimate Illusion (Final Fantasy) Glowing Nimbus of Light (or something similar to that - Halo) among other obvious ones I'm sure I missed.

[quote name='mvp828']It would be better as a strictly 360 thread since it is already there and most the posts have been 360.

As for me...

Shellshock 2 - Which may have been one of the scary games I have played in the past few years. It is key that you keep the darkness somewhat down in order to experience the full effect.

Eat Lead - Game was funny as hell because of all the cheap shots at the other mainstream games (Mario, Halo, etc)

Brothers In Arms - Seconded for same reasons strategy and FPS

Legendary - Story was pretty cool and fairly unique. Surprise factor was pretty good as well.

Fracture - Very unique game style and a pretty cool concept overall.[/QUOTE]

I'll give support to Legendary as well. With the incredibly low scores you'd think the game was broken, but it wasn't at all.

It was pretty fun.

bread's done
Back