Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 4 GBA games for Nintendogs for free stil isn't a bad deal if you get pick them up cheap enough. I know I got each game for $5...so $20 for a $30 isn't bad at all! Hopefully tomorrow some stores will know about the Trade 4 get Nintendogs for free deal.

Okay, after about 20 calls, I got this one, and did pretty well.

I called one EB, and the dude said that the deal was good. I called back, to ask if it was oaky to buy the games from his store and trade them back. He was like, "Yeah, it's fine. A good idea, too." So he wrung it up to see if the same 3 games would work (He had 3 of the same game for $5) and found the "Streetwise Coupon" bull. He told me it needed a coupon, and I told him about how some of you guy's had the dudes call their managers. I told him to do so, and called back 15 minutes later. He said it was good, and to just come by and he'd do it for me.

I called another EB, to see if they had the deal working. The chick there said it was good, too. I called back to ask if it was okay to buy the games and sell them back. She said, "Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I mean, it's smart..." I told her I could just bring in some old games to be safe; she said that would be safest. I later called again, to ask what the cheapest games in her store were.

Two stores did not know about this offer. One hadn't heard anything and one said it was good, besides POX. I told him that the deal supposedly, was POX-free. Oh, well.

So I went to the second EB store, intending to buy a game. They ended up having games cheaper than she said, so I bought all three at that store. I told her I wanted to do it at her store, but she said, "Nah. I won't do it, because you might get screwed. Remember, I don't condone this, but makes sure you take off the stickers and everything."

I go to the first EB. There's a different guy from the one I talked to on the phone 6 times. I tried to do it, because the guy seemed to know about it. He did eveything, and he goes, "This doesn't work. It's POX." I told him the deal didn't have any exclusions, and he told me that the other guy was getting back from break in 25 minutes. SO I left.

I get back later and talk to the guy I talked to on the phone. He told the guy who rung me up earlier about the email, and showed him the Streetwise thing. He told the dude he had called his manager and that you were just supposed to override it. SO the other guy did it for me, and I got my game, and a penny on an Edge card!

I'm thinking that I'm going to make money on this on eBay. It'd be a good investment. Works for me. This deal is sweet.

[quote name='SaraAB'] Thanks for asking about the Nintendogs coupons. They are currently being developed and will soon ship out to any EB Team member who told us they'd be willing to promote Nintendogs in a survey that went out a little while back. [/QUOTE]

According to this, there's no way to get the coupon (besides a scan) unless you participated in this survey from "a while back."

So there's no point in trying to register/sign up at Streetwise now, right?

Yeah, another thing I didn't mention:

The girl at EB #2 said that the same SKU wouldn't work, but, in reality, no SKUs would work, since you have to override it. I didn't want to bother her more than I already had with the 4 or so calls. So I paid the extra $2.

But Iridion 3D is the game you want to buy. It should be $3 at GS and $4 at EB, and the EB I went to had 6 copies. That's the cheapest game you can get from either of these stores.

[quote name='Farny']Yeah, another thing I didn't mention:

The girl at EB #2 said that the same SKU wouldn't work, but, in reality, no SKUs would work, since you have to override it. I didn't want to bother her more than I already had with the 4 or so calls. So I paid the extra $2.

But Iridion 3D is the game you want to buy. It should be $3 at GS and $4 at EB, and the EB I went to had 6 copies. That's the cheapest game you can get from either of these stores.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Iridion 3D is a POX game (the only one of the 5 cheap GBA games I traded in). It shouldn't matter, but you might get some flack for it. It certainly makes it smoother if you don't have any POX titles. Wierd that that one is POX, but Mighty Beanz, Fire Pro Wrestling, and Monster Bass Fishing aren't :D.

I think it is hilarious that they are adjusting the games for all of you up to $10 each and giving 1 penny back on an Edge card. At the EB I went to they made one of the games $9.99 so they didn't have to do that :D.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but Iridion 3D is a POX game (the only one of the 5 cheap GBA games I traded in). It shouldn't matter, but you might get some flack for it. It certainly makes it smoother if you don't have any POX titles. Wierd that that one is POX, but Mighty Beanz, Fire Pro Wrestling, and Monster Bass Fishing aren't :D.

I think it is hilarious that they are adjusting the games for all of you up to $10 each and giving 1 penny back on an Edge card. At the EB I went to they made one of the games $9.99 so they didn't have to do that :D.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as mentioned in my wall of text, they didn't honor it at first because it was POX, but the guy overrided it all anyway.

I picked up 6 GBA games for $28 after EDGE and tax. I went in to my EB but no dice... as soon as the guy saw that I had GBA games he automatically guessed: 'Nintendogs?' and I was like, "yeah."

But I was met with some bad news: I needed the coupon. I told him that I called yesterday and wasn't told of this coupon but he told me his manager just found out about it today. He said that if he didn't see any sings of the coupon within a few days, that he'd talk with his manager about overriding it to get me the games. And he wants to do it too and said if he finds the coupon, he'll just make some copies for people to use.

I really want to do the 3 for Nintendogs. If it turns out to be 4, then I'll have to pick up 2 more GBA games.:whistle2:( I really hope that coupon turns up.

And I told the guys there about CheapAssGamer and he said he's going to check this place out.:D

[quote name='Farny']Okay, after about 20 calls, I got this one, and did pretty well.

I called one EB, and the dude said that the deal was good. I called back, to ask if it was oaky to buy the games from his store and trade them back. He was like, "Yeah, it's fine. A good idea, too." So he wrung it up to see if the same 3 games would work (He had 3 of the same game for $5) and found the "Streetwise Coupon" bull. He told me it needed a coupon, and I told him about how some of you guy's had the dudes call their managers. I told him to do so, and called back 15 minutes later. He said it was good, and to just come by and he'd do it for me.

I called another EB, to see if they had the deal working. The chick there said it was good, too. I called back to ask if it was okay to buy the games and sell them back. She said, "Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I mean, it's smart..." I told her I could just bring in some old games to be safe; she said that would be safest. I later called again, to ask what the cheapest games in her store were.

Two stores did not know about this offer. One hadn't heard anything and one said it was good, besides POX. I told him that the deal supposedly, was POX-free. Oh, well.

So I went to the second EB store, intending to buy a game. They ended up having games cheaper than she said, so I bought all three at that store. I told her I wanted to do it at her store, but she said, "Nah. I won't do it, because you might get screwed. Remember, I don't condone this, but makes sure you take off the stickers and everything."

I go to the first EB. There's a different guy from the one I talked to on the phone 6 times. I tried to do it, because the guy seemed to know about it. He did eveything, and he goes, "This doesn't work. It's POX." I told him the deal didn't have any exclusions, and he told me that the other guy was getting back from break in 25 minutes. SO I left.

I get back later and talk to the guy I talked to on the phone. He told the guy who rung me up earlier about the email, and showed him the Streetwise thing. He told the dude he had called his manager and that you were just supposed to override it. SO the other guy did it for me, and I got my game, and a penny on an Edge card!

I'm thinking that I'm going to make money on this on eBay. It'd be a good investment. Works for me. This deal is sweet.[/QUOTE]

i hope your joking about making money off this on ebay. Your paying around 15 bucks for the games. you will be lucky to dump the game off on ebay for 25. So after shipping ebay fees and ect. you will make what 2-3 bucks per game??

[quote name='slidecage']i hope your joking about making money off this on ebay. Your paying around 15 bucks for the games. you will be lucky to dump the game off on ebay for 25. So after shipping ebay fees and ect. you will make what 2-3 bucks per game??[/QUOTE]

Let it go man... let it go. There are some people who're just out there to watch out for themselves rather then understand what CAG is about (I used to be one of those people).

[quote name='slidecage']i hope your joking about making money off this on ebay. Your paying around 15 bucks for the games. you will be lucky to dump the game off on ebay for 25. So after shipping ebay fees and ect. you will make what 2-3 bucks per game??[/QUOTE]

I guess you could make money if you are using store credit to buy the games . . . in my case the ave cost of a game is $5 . . . so $15 for the $30 NDog credit but because my EB credit has come from "flipping" already the cost is more like $7 out of pocket . . . still selling these on ebay doesn't make much sense.

Hey, If a mod is reading this i think that those receipts should either be blurred out or just taken down totally. We already have one person in deep shit i dont think that we should get 1 or 2 more people in trouble. You never know whos reading this.

The OP won't be in 'deep shit'. As always, if you have insider Information, PM it to the mods and have them post it. Or at the very least, create another account and just post the info, and leave it be.

We have so far seen 1 person from this site been terminated for such instances (CoryCubed) and I know we don't want another one to lose their job over it.

[quote name='Kuma']Hey, If a mod is reading this i think that those receipts should either be blurred out or just taken down totally. We already have one person in deep shit i dont think that we should get 1 or 2 more people in trouble. You never know whos reading this.[/QUOTE]

yeap remember to black out everyones names before posting online

[quote name='slidecage']yeap remember to black out everyones names before posting recepts online[/QUOTE]
and store numbers and any other identifying marks.

[quote name='Masterkyo']slidecage

Can you Edited your post and take off the RECEIPT cuz it look pretty bad if EB games headquarter see it~

Thanks you[/QUOTE]

Hold on like 2 minutes, first, so I can save to hard drive.

Edit: kthxbye

Visited Ebgames 5 mins ago but no luck for Trade-in 3 GBA games & get Nintendog for Free. The Manager is friendly & he know the deal and promotion #3901 but he don't have the coupon code to do it.

Yeap, He did tried alot time but the system keep kicking him out........so i don't have any luck but he did tell me call him back and hope he have the flyer very soon.

Anyone in here actually see the coupon.......or what is the coupon code start: EBXXXXXXXX ?? If you know the Coupon code please POST as soon As Possible!

PS. It alright you can POST your Receipt Trade-in 3 games & get Free Nintendog but don't don't Post anything is not related to the thread. I DO NOT CARE where you buy Cheapass GBA games or Stole and take advantage of this deal. Also, I i don't think EB head quarter like it either.

Thanks you!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Visited Ebgames 5 mins ago but no luck for Trade-in 3 GBA games & get Nintendog for Free. The Manager is friendly & he know the deal and promotion #3901 but he don't have the coupon code to do it.

Yeap, He did tried alot time but the system keep kicking him out........so i don't have any luck but he did tell me call him back and hope he have the flyer very soon.

Anyone in here actually see the coupon.......or what is the coupon code start: EBXXXXXXXX ?? If you know the Coupon code please POST as soon As Possible!

PS. It alright you can POST your Receipt Trade-in 3 games & get Free Nintendog but don't don't Post anything is not related to the thread. I DO NOT CARE where you buy Cheapass GBA games or Stole and take advantage of this deal. Also, I i don't think EB head quarter like it either.

Thanks you![/QUOTE]

Last time I checked this is not your thread some people want to know where people got their cheap gba games

Went back to reserve a second copy for my bro at the Cherry Hill, NJ store. The guy there said that the deal wasn't good until the game was released. However, the guy who helped me yesterday came out of the back and told all four employees there that it WAS a legit deal. He said, "Chris told me [maybe Chris is his manager?] that you can trade in ANY three GBA games, even POX games, for a free Nintendogs."
So the guy proceeded to ring me up for my Nintendogs as the other employees declared they were going to milk the deal for all it was worth and headed over to the GBA section and bought up all the cheap ones.
So it still works fine here....

I have a feeling this is some sort of promo between EB, Streetwise, and Nintendo... because it seems like they're going to lose a ton of money on this.

The guy at EB told me this thing'll probably be the next Pokemon. I was kinda surprised when he said it as he's like a hardcore Xbox/PS2 fan and thinks Nintendo games are kiddy. I was even more shocked when he said he's preordering all three versions of the game.:lol:

[quote name='asdfasdfasdf']WHAT? I was at cherry hill EB at around 4 PM today and he just said that he couldn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Lol I know...the guy I went up to who told me he couldn't do it was shocked when the other dude said you could. He was like, "Oh, damn...I turned away a bunch of people today." If you go there again ask for Anthony...he's the one who helped me yesterday and the one who told the other employees it was a legit deal when I went back tonight.
P.S. That is the smallest EB I have ever seen lol.

Ok i went back to my ebgames today and i was told that they are not allowed to look up such deals in the computer, but to call back and keep checking. Also he said that if there is a deal then it would be posted on the nintendogs standup that was in the store.

The guy also looked through a printout and saw nothing about it supposedly

So i just put 5$ on nintendogs lab version, if the deal turns out to be legit at my ebgames (i am not going out of my way to get anyone in trouble for manually overriding things), then i will just transfer my money to another DS game since theres a lot that i want coming up.

It sounds like its 4 gba games for nintendogs or 3 with the streetwise coupon with no exclusions, thats still a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I set aside 5 games i am willing to trade in, hopefully they will take pox games for this.

Hopefully someone will scan the streetwise coupon however if its a coupon thats shipped to people its likely printed on a special material that will not be able to be reprinted eaisly, and ebgames will probably be told not to accept internet printed coupons. When you sign up for streetwise they ask you for your address so they can ship your so called "swag" to you if you earn it.

You guys should just edit that stuff out, and I've already taken the picture out of the original message. Anyway, my fault, I wasn't really thinking...

-_-;

Yeah, sorry about that.

[quote name='SaraAB']When you sign up for streetwise they ask you for your address so they can ship your so called "swag" to you if you earn it.[/QUOTE]

See, now this is why I'd never sign up for this Streetwise deal - "swag" indeed... Maybe I'm out of touch with today's youth, but don't they seem to be trying a *little* too hard to be cool with the kids? :D

[quote name='io']See, now this is why I'd never sign up for this Streetwise deal - "swag" indeed... Maybe I'm out of touch with today's youth, but don't they seem to be trying a *little* too hard to be cool with the kids? :D[/QUOTE]

You have to be 18 to sign up... don't you? Oh well, I just signed up and gave them my address. I want the Nintendogs coupon. If they give me any sh*t, fuck them.

fixxed my post... 3 games wouldnt be bad, but 4 games is sort of pushing it. I mean i really dont know if i would want it or not. I had 3 cheap games i got either Free or less then 3 bucks each. if i could find a 4th game around 3 bucks i might try it but I dont even know if i want it now

[quote name='Vinny']You have to be 18 to sign up... don't you? Oh well, I just signed up and gave them my address. I want the Nintendogs coupon. If they give me any sh*t, fuck them.[/QUOTE]

Well, by "kids" I mean 18-24 year olds...

[quote name='io']Well, by "kids" I mean 18-24 year olds...[/QUOTE]

Haha.. scary thing is I'm almost out of that demographic... but yeah, the only people who use the word "swag" anymore are radio stations, and their demographic is more like... 13-18.

This is a really frustrating deal (not to mention confusing)

I think I'll just pay the $30 and be done with it lol.

[quote name='Zaffer']Thanks for the news on that deal[/QUOTE]

Howdy.

You're thanking them for the news on this deal when you've not even collected on it yet? What if it doesn't work tomorrow? You won't be so thankful.

Got in on it, and my girlfriend was even more excitied after getting to play the in-store demo
traded in:
f-zero
nfl blitz 2002
tony hawk 2

props to jrbernal83 for the great deal

I hadnt even heard the word swag before, until reading that website lol, i guess that shows my age. If the demographic is 18-24 years old then yeah, im almost out of the demographic as well.

Does the free "doggy bag" case come with the preorder or when the game comes out? The deal works at the EBGames in Amherst, NY.

[quote name='sheik482']Does the free "doggy bag" case come with the preorder or when the game comes out? The deal works at the EBGames in Amherst, NY.[/QUOTE]

As this has been already mentioned several times in this very thread, it will be available WHEN THE GAME COMES OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back