Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='encendido5']
The Zelda offer was trade in any 5 non-POX games and get Zelda: Twilight Princess for free.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. if i can find some cheap non-POX games, that might not be bad (big IF)... could just switch my GR preorder over to X-Men Legends 2.

[quote name='BIG5']I found another trade in deal for this game: trade in 300 bottles and cans at grocery stores in Michigan and get Nintendogs for free.;)[/QUOTE]

Dayum - here in OR that deal requires 600 cans :D.

[quote name='io']Dayum - here in OR that deal requires 600 cans :D.[/QUOTE]

That's why I enjoy being in Ohio (one of the few reasons). I can send all my beer bottles home to Michigan with my parents when they visit, and get a few bucks back.

[quote name='encendido5']
The Zelda offer was trade in any 5 non-POX games and get Zelda: Twilight Princess for free.[/QUOTE]

Someone else said this deal was for 5 GC games as trade-in. Is that the case or can it be any console (PS2, Xbox, GC) games? I have a few GC games to trade but it would be much easier if I could pad it with some PS2.

[quote name='botticus']That's why I enjoy being in Ohio (one of the few reasons). I can send all my beer bottles home to Michigan with my parents when they visit, and get a few bucks back.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is still better in OR at 600 cans than it would be in a place like AZ (I used to live there) where it would probably take 6000 :D.

Sorry for dragging this further off topic. :D

OK - I understand the 4 games thing, but what is it with this POX crap? That really kills the deal...

[quote name='io']Someone else said this deal was for 5 GC games as trade-in. Is that the case or can it be any console (PS2, Xbox, GC) games? I have a few GC games to trade but it would be much easier if I could pad it with some PS2.[/QUOTE]

Likely to be any of the three consoles . . . the deals are usually all consoles.

Yeah, 4 does put a damper on it in terms of profiting but I swear the POX list isn't huge . . . it will be great if vietgurl can post it.

Just called on the Zelda: Twilight Princess promo (this probably needs its own topic): trade in ANY five PS2, XBOX, or Gamecube games (I'm assuming POX is excluded), get Zelda: Twilight Princess free.
Also, the guy confirmed the trade-four-get-Nintendogs-free deal that's going on. This is at an EBGames outlet that WOULD NOT let me do the deal a few days ago, so it is official and should be going on at ALL stores.
Here's a link to the EBGames POX list for the major consoles:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59835

[quote name='schultzed']That's the thread that jrbernal83 didn't finish . . . so that one doesn't include PS2 games . . .

Here's the thread where he did finish . . . but he gutted it today.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60311

I hope he's OK. A short-lived but very valuable CAG . . .

vietgurl . . . we have more work for you . . . please . . .[/QUOTE]

Just wait a day or so - I MAY have another source for the POX list :D. Still, vietgurl, it would be nice to get the GBA POX list since I don't think I'll get that.

EbX at Old Orchard in Skokie, IL is definitely running the promo. Had the guy look it up in the computer.

LOL, I have last week's POX list right now; I just got back from my first job and am preparing to leave for EB. I should have at least the GBA list up by tomorrow and I will try to put up a new PS2 list and update the XBOX/GC list tonight. I'm on Pacific Time though and I usually don't get back (thanks to the bus) 'til around 8:30 so the list may not be available until sometime tomorrow.

Dangit, if I had a scanner, I'd just scan all the pages in.

[quote name='vietgurl']LOL, I have last week's POX list right now; I just got back from my first job and am preparing to leave for EB. I should have at least the GBA list up by tomorrow and I will try to put up a new PS2 list and update the XBOX/GC list tonight. I'm on Pacific Time though and I usually don't get back (thanks to the bus) 'til around 8:30 so the list may not be available until sometime tomorrow.

Dangit, if I had a scanner, I'd just scan all the pages in.[/QUOTE]

a digital camera would work too, or if you have a camera phone :)

[quote name='vietgurl']LOL, I have last week's POX list right now; I just got back from my first job and am preparing to leave for EB. I should have at least the GBA list up by tomorrow and I will try to put up a new PS2 list and update the XBOX/GC list tonight. I'm on Pacific Time though and I usually don't get back (thanks to the bus) 'til around 8:30 so the list may not be available until sometime tomorrow.

Dangit, if I had a scanner, I'd just scan all the pages in.[/QUOTE]

Got a fax?

I can have it faxed to me and I can scan it in for you...

I will pm you my fax in case.

I called the EB in Glendora, CA and the guy there said the deal was 3 GBA games, no coupon required. Then when I got there, the computer was telling him a fourth game was needed but somehow he made it so that it worked with 3. I guess I just got a nice clerk.

It looks like all the games i want to trade in are POX so i guess the 30$ will be coming out of my pocket for this one, and im certanitly not giving up any of my good gba games for this deal! Unless someone comes up with an accurate gba pox list or a legit streetwise coupon (not reproduction).

Also the nintendogs demo is NOT DOWNLOADABLE i tried it at target last night. I set both the DS's to DS download play and it just said it kept searching for data to download.

ah well to bad on that download.

i still have my fingers crossed about that coupon. i bought 3 games at my eb and got nothin out the deal so if i don't see the coupon soon i think i'll just return them for money back or what not.

Well, my EB had the four GBA games, and as they've been sitting in a drawer unplayed for over a year I had no problem giving them up....

Advance Wars (1) worth 2.00, got 7.50
CT Special Forces (1) worth .75 got 7.50
Sim City 2000 worth 3.00 got 7.50
iridion 2 (no need for it with Nanostray) worth .75 got 7.50

So not too bad, they're all games I haven't looked at in forever...Got my $30.00 credit plus my penny eb card.

[quote name='anadune']ah well to bad on that download.

i still have my fingers crossed about that coupon. i bought 3 games at my eb and got nothin out the deal so if i don't see the coupon soon i think i'll just return them for money back or what not.[/QUOTE]

You could just pick up another one . . . on the Ndog preorder I did today, I "bought" one more for the tradein (only had 3 PO) . . . but the clerk helping me is the coolest one I've met (she knows my scams and dealing and dosen't care).

I was saying "four?" and "no POX?" . . . so, I said give me Operation Armor (whatever). She said "do you want me to make sure it isn't POX?" Then she added it to the deal and charged me for it ($4.49 after Edge) on the same receipt! And she put it in my bag . . . but I quickly pointed out that it was theirs and not mine to keep.

You never want to bite the hand that feeds you.

[quote name='bmarquardt']OK, the 4 GBA games for Nintendogs can't be POX. If the streetwise coupon ever comes out, can the 3 games being traded in be POX?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, because that's what all of us snuck off with without the coupon.

The best part about CAG is getting deals within the law. No need to do something risque. You guys should still try to get it for 3.

I called just now. The place I did it at yesterday without the coupon now requires it, and they said they've got the 4 games w/ POX deal for anyone who doesn't have the coupon. I told 'em that no one has the coupon, but, oh well, she was just like, "I haven't seen it around this area."

So, those who got lucky got lucky, now the deal is barely worth it; I guess they realized they'd lost money to the few of use who scored.

[quote name='masterh']Just called on the Zelda: Twilight Princess promo (this probably needs its own topic): trade in ANY five PS2, XBOX, or Gamecube games (I'm assuming POX is excluded), get Zelda: Twilight Princess free.
Also, the guy confirmed the trade-four-get-Nintendogs-free deal that's going on. This is at an EBGames outlet that WOULD NOT let me do the deal a few days ago, so it is official and should be going on at ALL stores.
Here's a link to the EBGames POX list for the major consoles:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59835[/QUOTE]
I like that deal too. I don't usually go for trade in deals, but I have a bunch of old games that I haven't played in ages and won't miss. Also, 4 games for Nintendogs just means I'll have to add something crappy I already own, like F-Zero Maximum Velocity, to the 3 cheapest used games I can find.

I called my local ebgames(tyrone square, FL) and asked if the deal ANY 3 gba for nintendogs. They said yes. So I go down there, they put the 3 games in, then they have trouble, after 15 mins of numerous override attempts, they finally do it. What really impressed me though was how nice they were. Great people. No coupon needed, hurray

I did this today. Fortunately, I had 5 expendable games. I was initially planning on only using 3 (obtuse-ass, coupon-wanting clerks), and using others had any come up POX, but oh well, the YMMV don't vary a damn bit when you live in Indianapolis (EBs really suck here).

Suprisingly, at least one GBA Video cart works:

Spongebob Square Pants (Video)
Finding Nemo
Defender
The Hobbit

My back-up being C-Vania (Retro)

From the forums at streetwise.com in the thread about this deal:

"Thanks for asking about the Nintendogs coupons. They are currently being developed and will soon ship out to any EB Team member who told us they'd be willing to promote Nintendogs in a survey that went out a little while back.

As far as the Team goes, we will soon be refreshing the Team, not closing it. Those who did a kick ass job will be invited back. The new Team will be in the new single Team format, meaning swag will go out to those who were the most active.

The refreshing of the Team will not effect the timing of the coupons going out to the Team."

Sounds like you won't get it unless you were in from the start.

Also, to all of you who are bitching about places that won't let you do it without the coupon... it says RIGHT IN THE PROMOTION DESCRIPTION in the eb computers that the coupon is required. This one isn't supposed to be for the general public.

It sucks they made it 4 games and now it has to be non POX games. Changing it from 3 to 4 games is still ok with me but the POX really hurts since probably all the cheap games (stuff from my collection and stuff I would buy just to trade in) won't work.

I'm typing up the complete PS2 POX lists right now and I'll include the GBA ones in there but in case anyone was desperate, GBA has the smallest POX list I've seen. I thought it was mistaken but I kept searching "POX-" in the computer and these are the ones that came up:

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

[quote name='vietgurl']I'm typing up the complete PS2 POX lists right now and I'll include the GBA ones in there but in case anyone was desperate, GBA has the smallest POX list I've seen. I thought it was mistaken but I kept searching "POX-" in the computer and these are the ones that came up:

GBA POX
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania[/QUOTE]

And that's just the first Iridion - Iridion 3D. I know the second is OK because one guy rang up my Iridion 3D as Iridion II and it was PO. I also thought Fire Pro Wrestling was PO but now, looking at my receipt, I see he rang that up as Fire Pro Wrestling 2 (which is PO) - who knew there were 2? :D

[quote name='gizmogc']Time for a new thread since the OP changed everything...Who wants to start?[/QUOTE]

I guess the OP changed a lot of his EB related threads probably because he got into some trouble for posting this early.

I called my EBGames tonight and they said 3 games = Nintendogs (no coupon). So, I went down there and traded 6 games in for 2 copies (one for me, one for my wife).

The clerk did have to do an override, but I didn't have to push for it, she just did it.

Waaahoo!

thats not fair, all the ppl here care !!! Honestly i can see that some ppl work there just as inbetweens and stuff, but my god its jsut a video game store that gets money by scamming little kids who drag their unknowing parents into the store to trade there brand new 50 dollar game for 20 bucks...meh... im just bitter

[quote name='io']
GBA POX
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

And that's just the first Iridion - Iridion 3D. I know the second is OK because one guy rang up my Iridion 3D as Iridion II and it was PO. I also thought Fire Pro Wrestling was PO but now, looking at my receipt, I see he rang that up as Fire Pro Wrestling 2 (which is PO) - who knew there were 2? :D[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with Fire Pro (whew!) clerk couldn't find it and made it FPII . . . with Iridion they were looking for "3" I said it was the first one . . . doh! should said it was "2" . . . LOL

I said the POX list would be short . . . many $4.99 and $5.99 games will make it . . . just my luck that Dragonball Z Collecticible would be one of them . . .

Lucky . . . I almost got Fortress online for this deal . . . I'm only stuck with 2 games and for $3 at GS, Iridion is actually a playable shooter.

As for the OP . . . its kinda creepy (in a way) because he's now a lurker and he blames ME for his troubles . . . he's in my area and thinks I "outed" him to a clerk . . . but I didn't.

I feel bad for the guy if this costs him but does it really help to gut his threads or is it just spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back