Gameshark.com $50 off SFIV PS3 TE stick, B1G1 on SFIV SE Sticks

BowserK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BowserK']MarkMan posted a heads up that at some point today GameShark.com should have a special deal on Mad Catz FightSticks. Here's the lowdown.
  • $50 off Round 1 Street Fighter 4 Tournament Edition FightSticks (PS3).
  • Buy one Standard Edition FightStick, get another one for free. (PS3/XBox 360).

This special deal is supposed to last until Monday, Nov. 30th.

grabbed from this eventhubs.com[/QUOTE]

"Gameshark.com $50 off SFIV PS3 TE stick, B1G1 on SFIV SE Sticks."

Would be a more appropriate title, just to be specific about the deals. :cool:

[quote name='BowserK']yeah its my first post, can't find a way to change the topic[/QUOTE]

Click Edit then click Advanced, that'll let you change it. ;)

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']i am not seeing the deal.. am i missing somehting[/QUOTE]

i don't think so, MarkMan says at some point today. i'm sure i'll be up soon

I hope it goes up sometime soon. I honestly wish it was on every TE stick, though. Because if it was I know what Stick I'd get.

I don't know a thing about the SE sticks. Are they any good? The girlfriend didn't mention she's a huge Tekken Arcade fan until recently, so now I'm hunting down a pair of sticks. B1G1 will do quite nicely.

The SE sticks are pretty good for the price. You can easily snag one for $55-$60 now a days (on the PS3 at least). Not sure why, but apparently the PS3 sticks are not as good as the 360 sticks.. something to do with the dongle I believe.

Of course, if you're a hardcore fan of fighters, you gotta go with the TE if you had to the choose between the two. The $50 should give you a big incentive to lean towards a TE. If you need a 2 fer 1. Go with the SE's. Cost efficiency for our financial depression. ;)

Anyone else get red flags when trying to go to checkout? who the heck is Thawte Extended Validation SSL? I don't know if I would trust putting my credit card info if I get a certification error.

Shipping runs about $7 and you will pay your applicable tax bringing the total for most people to around $113 shipped. Not bad but I went on ebay and looked and the market for these really fell apart. It appears you could easily get a new one on ebay for about this price. I would say hold off until mid-January when everyone is broke and you can probably score a brand new one for under $90. I think everyone that really wanted these already has one.

[quote name='mis0']Not sure why, but apparently the PS3 sticks are not as good as the 360 sticks.. something to do with the dongle I believe.[/QUOTE]

... What? :whistle2:s Same stick parts dude, just a different PCB. I think you're thinking of the T6 wireless which also use the same parts as their opposite console counterparts.

EDIT: Btw, sign up for the gameshark store newsletter for an extra 10% off, that should offset the tax and shipping by a little.

[quote name='Apushmataha']I don't know a thing about the SE sticks. Are they any good? The girlfriend didn't mention she's a huge Tekken Arcade fan until recently, so now I'm hunting down a pair of sticks. B1G1 will do quite nicely.[/QUOTE]

truthfully SE sticks are sh1t lol but you can always swap the buttons and joystick with sanwa or seimitsu which will make the stick really good

Ah the hell with it. Went ahead and ordered. The coupon code and no tax were the deciding factors. Turns out that tax is only charged for CA, IL, TX. Came out to $97 shipped. While I think I could get a used one for cheaper, it probably wouldn't be enough of a difference to warrant getting a used one instead. Everything I have read indicates these are pretty much the best arcade stick you can buy. I already have a couple SF Anniversary sticks from 5 years back but they are for PS2 and they have the "baseball bat" style joystick rather than the gumball style which I prefer. Thanks OP for the post.

*edit* oh and by the way they have other stuff on sale now as well, guitars, cases, ds accessories, ect. Go to the homepage and there is a big black friday banner to click.

getting these under 100 is a very good deal. these are great sticks. and hopefully sony would patch it so we can play ps2 games also.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']getting these under 100 is a very good deal. these are great sticks. and hopefully sony would patch it so we can play ps2 games also.[/QUOTE]

That brings up a good point- I saw a review on this stick on Amazon that said it was compatible with PSone titles. Can anyone confirm? I have quite a few PSone fighters, Street Fighter Alpha 1-3, SF Collection 1 & 2, Tekken 3, Soul Blade, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Pocket Fighter, Street Fighter EX 1 & 2, ect.

[quote name='Purkeynator']That brings up a good point- I saw a review on this stick on Amazon that said it was compatible with PSone titles. Can anyone confirm? I have quite a few PSone fighters, Street Fighter Alpha 1-3, SF Collection 1 & 2, Tekken 3, Soul Blade, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Pocket Fighter, Street Fighter EX 1 & 2, ect.[/QUOTE]

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3(HRAP3), can be used to play PS2 games.

Dunno about PS1.

I love living in a state that doesn't charge tax for internet orders :)

I went and bought a PS3 TE stick with a newsletter 10% off code. That was very nice of them to have. I guess I'll buy my fighting games on PS3 from now on then. And I might as well get SF4 for PS3. I love that game a lot.

[quote name='Purkeynator']That brings up a good point- I saw a review on this stick on Amazon that said it was compatible with PSone titles. Can anyone confirm? I have quite a few PSone fighters, Street Fighter Alpha 1-3, SF Collection 1 & 2, Tekken 3, Soul Blade, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Pocket Fighter, Street Fighter EX 1 & 2, ect.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, i play Capcom vs SNK Pro and Marvel Super Heros with mine.

[quote name='KingBroly']I love living in a state that doesn't charge tax for internet orders :)

I went and bought a PS3 TE stick with a newsletter 10% off code. That was very nice of them to have. I guess I'll buy my fighting games on PS3 from now on then. And I might as well get SF4 for PS3. I love that game a lot.[/QUOTE]

I just did that also. Weird that the 360 version isn't discounted but I have the game for PS3 anyways...

amazon will drop the price on this I'm gonna wait for another drop it's 129.99 on amazon right now

I'm a casual gamer after all

[quote name='KingBroly']I love living in a state that doesn't charge tax for internet orders :)

I went and bought a PS3 TE stick with a newsletter 10% off code. That was very nice of them to have. I guess I'll buy my fighting games on PS3 from now on then. And I might as well get SF4 for PS3. I love that game a lot.[/QUOTE]

also what is this newsletter 10% off code?

[quote name='CaoPi']also what is this newsletter 10% off code?[/QUOTE]

It's not a universal code, it's unique, gotta sign up on the gameshark store.

Damn, now they're including a bonus wall scroll with the TE Fightstick now. I sent them an email asking them about it since I can't reuse my coupon code. Otherwise I'd just cancel and reorder...

PS1? PS-what? Heehee.

This deal looks kosher, I do not need any sticks personally but if I suddenly become rich before x-mas I know some people who would appreciate it. Thanks for the heads up. :)
cag

bread's done
Back