GameStop 1/25/10 trade promos

meds

CAGiversary!
$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another new system. systems which qualify for the trade in are psp(except go)dsi/dslite/360/wii/ps3
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$25, BUT 7/$50!!! minimum of $5tiv for the games to qualify

Edit: the GS TIV thread is currently here in the first few posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
could see it disqualifying 75% of their stock.

Or at least anything they don't plan on giving at least $10 for. That is going to cut out a lot of their $17.99 tier used titles and everything below that. They can do whatever they want with these deals as far as dropping values before the sale hits to exclude stuff.

This is a lot like the old EBGames trade x get x deals where it was only certain products, just worded to make it seem less restrictive.

I probably have 7 games i could get rid of, wouldn't mind geting tatsu vs capcom or NMH2, I wasn't planning on those, but it'd be nice.

something is odd with the way GS people does math.... 3 for extra $10, 4 for extra $20, and 7 for extra $50.

LOL, wondering what the execs are smoking at GS.

[quote name='dinobot']something is odd with the way GS people does math.... 3 for extra $10, 4 for extra $20, and 7 for extra $50.

LOL, wondering what the execs are smoking at GS.[/QUOTE]

What is the issue? They are not trying to follow a linear pattern. Having these trade-in tiers are better for their business.

GS used stock is really suffering from the holidays. I've been in a few stores and the walls are empty. Their profit is mostly from used sales and without product they are hurting. I haven't seen a game that I wanted to buy in 6 weeks or more. My GS credit keeps growing but ihave nothing to buy.

[quote name='bigdogn12']What is the issue? They are not trying to follow a linear pattern. Having these trade-in tiers are better for their business.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The more games you trade in (which is good for them), the larger the promo is for you (good for us, obviously). That makes perfect sense to me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. The more games you trade in (which is good for them), the larger the promo is for you (good for us, obviously). That makes perfect sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, on every 7 games you can pretty much be certain that you will be arguing over at least 2 refurb fees. The clerks will think that they can sneek it in without you noticing. That eats up a minimum of 2-8 bucks of the extra 10 you get for making the highest tier (7 games). On a 4 game trade, they seem less likely to screw with you.

I certainly hope the minimum TIV remains $2 and up, since I may well dump 4 games I've had on the back burner for a bit and add 3 from HWV or Blockbuster to make the 7 game tier.

Now if Blockbuster would have a B1G1 or HWV would bring back the $5 sale within the next week, that would be perfect.:D

are there any deals at other stores that i can use to take advantange of the 7/50 thing? i don't think i even have 4 games with a trade in value below 20, i would get screwed lol

[quote name='vashnlol']are there any deals at other stores that i can use to take advantange of the 7/50 thing? i don't think i even have 4 games with a trade in value below 20, i would get screwed lol[/QUOTE]

and just how pretell would you get screwed?

That's what I'm thinking right now too, vash. I still have the God Of War Collection, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Mercenaries 2, Little Big Planet(non GOTY), Saint's Row 2, Rise Of The Argonauts(bought during the last B2G1), GTA IV, Sacred 2 and my newest game Darksiders.

Thing is, I finished about half of those games and I planned on finishing the rest very soon.

Now, if the promo allowed for multiples of games and covered DS games I'd probably trade in 5 copies of that Sudoku game from the BB coupon and then toss in 2 more games from my collection to make it to 7. But I just don't want to get rid of any of these.

It's not like I'm strapped for credit at GS as of now($215 or so on EDGE card, $50 gc that was partial refund when I returned the 360 Elite I bought last week), so maybe I'll have to let this trade promo slide by me.

I don't think I have 7 games to trade in either. I'd just hope for a BBV sale. It'd be pretty epic if it was. If it's games $2.01 or higher, you'd make a minimum of $2 for each game (assuming B1G1 at BBV at $14.99).

For games worth $25 or more, you're better off getting 30% boost. If they bring back the 50% bonus, you're better off trading in games worth more than $15. With that, you run the risk of the TIV dropping.

[quote name='nixmahn']anyone know the TIV for

Rock Revolution xbox 360?

clearance for $5 at my BB, just the game, not bundle[/QUOTE]

Check the normal GS TIV/promo thread. It's in one of the first posts on the first page in the list of TIV's.

[quote name='bgame2']Not to mention, on every 7 games you can pretty much be certain that you will be arguing over at least 2 refurb fees. The clerks will think that they can sneek it in without you noticing. That eats up a minimum of 2-8 bucks of the extra 10 you get for making the highest tier (7 games). On a 4 game trade, they seem less likely to screw with you.[/QUOTE]

so take better care of your games.

[quote name='frankcastle']so take better care of your games.[/QUOTE]

I am very obsessive over how my games are handled, and yet they try to hit me with refurb fees on used games I buy from them. I get on them when they try to do that.

[quote name='frankcastle']so take better care of your games.[/QUOTE]

You clearly have never dealt with GS on this issue before...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Same. Could see it getting bumped to $4.[/QUOTE]I'd be surprised if it wasn't higher than that.

Since >$2 value seems to be the point for the "trade 4, get $20 extra" promotions, >$4 for these better ones might not be a surprise.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be surprised if it wasn't higher than that.

Since >$2 value seems to be the point for the "trade 4, get $20 extra" promotions, >$4 for these better ones might not be a surprise.[/QUOTE]

I saw the sheet that gamestop has with the promos and it didnt mention it but the manager told me he thinks it will be the old standard of > $2 to qualify.

Also would like to note that some BradyGuides will be half off starting monday as well. Not as great as getting Penny Guides but not too bad.

The guides for:
Tekken 6
LBP (the super guide)
God of War Collection
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, were a few of the ones he mentioned. If anyone wants any more let me know and I can ask again.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be surprised if it wasn't higher than that.

Since >$2 value seems to be the point for the "trade 4, get $20 extra" promotions, >$4 for these better ones might not be a surprise.[/QUOTE]

They've used >$4 in the past for better offers, so that is where my guess came from.

30% on any Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games

Get an extra 30% trade-in credit on any Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games traded.

Expires: 1/24/2010. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.

didn't notice this before, does this mean I can trade in any single game, such as MW2, Borderlands, etc. and get a %30 bump without having to trade like 3-5 games?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']30% on any Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games

Get an extra 30% trade-in credit on any Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games traded.

Expires: 1/24/2010. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.

didn't notice this before, does this mean I can trade in any single game, such as MW2, Borderlands, etc. and get a %30 bump without having to trade like 3-5 games?[/QUOTE]

Correct plus if you have an EDGE card you get an extra 10%.

update trade in value must be $5 or higher. Oh and even regular psp's count for the extra $30 if traded towards another new system.

[quote name='meds']update trade in value must be $5 or higher. Oh and even regular psp's count for the extra $30 if traded towards another new system.[/QUOTE]

Yikes!

[quote name='Cindaddy']Yikes![/QUOTE]

It's probably because the stores are full of crappy ass used games. They are wiped out on good used games except the crappy ones. With a $5 minimum they are ensuring that at least a good portion of the trades won't be the ones they already have 50 copies of.

[quote name='meds']update trade in value must be $5 or higher. Oh and even regular psp's count for the extra $30 if traded towards another new system.[/QUOTE]

fuck that. Apparently, Gamestop is getting smarter. They must've learned from the $20 off thing when they didn't see purchases with many of those trades.:lol:

Hey meds, can the $30 extra be toward a refurb Gamestop system?

5 or higher? Damn >_>. Im glad i went for the 19.99 game deal then returned it. I'd be pissed if i had waited for this. Like 3 of the games i was gonna trade were below 5 dollars

Definitely not surprised by that amount. I was expecting more than $4 variation, so I wasn't far off. Just the nature of how they have done deals similar to this in the past. I think about 4 months back they had this Wii specific deal and all the games had to have higher than $4 trade-in value.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Hey meds, can the $30 extra be toward a refurb Gamestop system?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. I'm almost certain it has to be towards new systems.

[quote name='meds']I don't believe so. I'm almost certain it has to be towards new systems.[/QUOTE]
Yeah all of their hardware trade promos that you traded one system in for another, over the last year that I can remember, required you to purchase a new system.

[quote name='jp0213']Yeah all of their hardware trade promos that you traded one system in for another, over the last year that I can remember, required you to purchase a new system.[/QUOTE]

Hi guys sorry for the cag newbie question but, where do I find the trade in values for gamestop? Im not sure if I have 7 games over $5 trade in value. Thanks!

This is not even a good deal I do know this is real because it has a gamestop rip-off sign all over it. (if you know what i mean)

[quote name='riskzero']Hi guys sorry for the cag newbie question but, where do I find the trade in values for gamestop? Im not sure if I have 7 games over $5 trade in value. Thanks![/QUOTE]

theres a trade-in value list here on CAG but I reccomend just calling and asking it will be accurate if you call some of the games on the CAG trade-in list are outdated.

Hi:

I need some help guys.. I would like to use some trade ins to get the Turtle Beach X41's. What do you guys think of these trade ins:

NHL 10
NBA 2k10
Borderlands
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
X Men: Wolverine
Madden 2010
Madden 2010 (friend gave me his copy)

That should put me at about $120 + $50 trade in extra= $170.. so for $30 more I can get my X41's I have been trying to get.

My question is this: Is there anywhere else I can get $170 for the above trade ins?

Thanks for the help CAGS.

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']Hi:

I need some help guys.. I would like to use some trade ins to get the Turtle Beach X41's. What do you guys think of these trade ins:

NHL 10
NBA 2k10
Borderlands
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
X Men: Wolverine
Madden 2010
Madden 2010 (friend gave me his copy)

That should put me at about $120 + $50 trade in extra= $170.. so for $30 more I can get my X41's I have been trying to get.

My question is this: Is there anywhere else I can get $170 for the above trade ins?

Thanks for the help CAGS.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

fyi it will be ymmv on being able to trade in both madden's for the promo.

bread's done
Back