Gamestop 10% off coupon - expires 12/21

robhimself

CAGiversary!
gscoupon10off.png

Ok, I'm closing up the old thread. Continue discussion here!

Thanks for the update rob.

Unlike my experience when picking up Mass Effect (where the guy almost didn't let me use it because he thought I had before - when in fact I had not, at that store anyway), my experience last night was much better. After using the 30% bonus credit coupon to get $45 for Halo 3, I bought 2 copies of Beowulf (Why? See the GR/BB thread ;)) and saved $2 on each with this coupon. At this store the assistant manager said "This coupon is awesome, isn't it!" and rang me up no problem. What a difference! If it wasn't for the fact that this is a Mall store with a mass of people in it at all times during the holidays, I'd go there more often (I did have to wait about 20 minutes before being rung up because they were crowded and had 2 trainees running the registers ;)).

I've never had any problems with this coupon. I've used it multiple times at the same store. Thanks for the update, OP.

[quote name='io']Ok, I'm closing up the old thread. Continue discussion here!

Unlike my experience when picking up Mass Effect (where the guy almost didn't let me use it because he thought I had before - when in fact I had not, at that store anyway), my experience last night was much better. After using the 30% bonus credit coupon to get $45 for Halo 3, I bought 2 copies of Beowulf (Why? See the GR/BB thread ;)) and saved $2 on each with this coupon. At this store the assistant manager said "This coupon is awesome, isn't it!" and rang me up no problem. What a difference! If it wasn't for the fact that this is a Mall store with a mass of people in it at all times during the holidays, I'd go there more often (I did have to wait about 20 minutes before being rung up because they were crowded and had 2 trainees running the registers ;)).[/quote]

I have you to thank x1000 for the original coupon in the first place. I've used it so many times this past month! I went back looking for the thread hoping the e-mail would have updated itself and lo and behold, I can get 10% off when I pick up UT3!

but in regards to different GameStops and this coupon, it definitely really depends on the person that rings you up. I went to another gamestop a few days back and they actually didn't accept this coupon!

If it's the manager at my local gamestop that rings me up, she even actually just lets me keep the coupon.

As a bonus, if I pre-order something and decide to pay for it in full, she takes the ten percent off of my purchase that day. She then tells me to bring the coupon back when I pick up the game so she can give me another ten percent off into store credit.

I did this for rock band and with a total of 20% off, I paid around 150 for it.

Everyone else there lets me use it without trouble but they keep the coupon.

So extremely ymmv for bringing it back for pickup and it really pays to be chummy chummy with the manager.

Jeez...

This coupon has been continually updated since early October. How long do you expect them to continually extend the expiration date? =P

[quote name='vi3tmix']Jeez...

This coupon has been continually updated since early October. How long do you expect them to continually extend the expiration date? =P[/quote]

hopefully indefinitely, i've just been getting used to buying almost everything at gs for 10% off (20% off of used)

[quote name='robhimself']hopefully indefinitely, i've just been getting used to buying almost everything at gs for 10% off (20% off of used)[/quote]

20% off used? How so?

This coupon is great! I never buy a new game at GS without one (or a used one for that matter). I've used it multiple times at multiple stores and I've never had a problem with them taking it. I just used it to grab a used copy of Beowulf for $14 and the bonus was that the manual still has the $5 movie/concession stand cash coupon in it.

[quote name='io']Ok, I'm closing up the old thread. Continue discussion here!

Unlike my experience when picking up Mass Effect (where the guy almost didn't let me use it because he thought I had before - when in fact I had not, at that store anyway), my experience last night was much better. After using the 30% bonus credit coupon to get $45 for Halo 3, I bought 2 copies of Beowulf (Why? See the GR/BB thread ;)) and saved $2 on each with this coupon. At this store the assistant manager said "This coupon is awesome, isn't it!" and rang me up no problem. What a difference! If it wasn't for the fact that this is a Mall store with a mass of people in it at all times during the holidays, I'd go there more often (I did have to wait about 20 minutes before being rung up because they were crowded and had 2 trainees running the registers ;)).[/quote] Do you mean buying Beowulf and selling it "used" to Blockbuster for more money?

I needed one of these! Now to return/rebuy that stack of Beowulfs I picked up...and buy some more for flippin' goodness!

thanks OP!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I needed one of these! Now to return/rebuy that stack of Beowulfs I picked up...and buy some more for flippin' goodness!

thanks OP![/quote] Are you going to return it to Blockbuster?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']No way! I'm going to play each and every copy! I heard this game is AWESOME.[/quote] Likely story, I may do this.

thanks to OP

was able to use this on some x-mas gifts today

people behind counter had no problem with coupon. only issue they had was that they couldn't read the code correctly when trying to enter the coupon. they got it eventually.

[quote name='arnarson22']Do you mean buying Beowulf and selling it "used" to Blockbuster for more money?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. BB gives $35 for it (for the time being - you have till Monday at a minimum). For 1 of my 2 copies I PM'd the trade-in value at Gamecrazy (yes, they do that) and got $35 there instead of the $6 they normally give for it. Sweet... (And I'd much rather have GC credit than Blockbuster credit).

[quote name='io']Indeed. BB gives $35 for it (for the time being - you have till Monday at a minimum). For 1 of my 2 copies I PM'd the trade-in value at Gamecrazy (yes, they do that) and got $35 there instead of the $6 they normally give for it. Sweet... (And I'd much rather have GC credit than Blockbuster credit).[/quote] Good point, I don't usually go to Blockbuster but I don't have any Gamecrazys around my are though either.

[quote name='vienge']Used this + Edge Card to get SMT: Nocturne for $47.99 (used $59.99)

thanks OP![/quote] how the fuck did you find Nocturne at a gamestop!!?

[quote name='monkeydeew']dont call to check!!! you will probably tipoff an employee who will snatch it up for themself and/or jack the soundtrack[/QUOTE]
is the soundtrack that big a deal?

Here's the HTML again:

Code:
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_top.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_side.jpg[/IMG]
                                [B]Here's What You'll Receive[/B]:

[B]GameStop Special Announcements[/B] 

[*]Exclusive In-Store events at your local GameStop 
                                [*]Special offers geard to your gaming preference 
                                [*]Latest release dates, price drops & bonus offers

[B]GameStop Weekly Newsletter[/B] 

The best way to stay informed on something is to have direct contact with its source. The GameStop Newsletter keeps you in touch with the latest games and offers available on a weekly basis. And every Friday you'll receive our Weekly Ad which calls out hot deals which usually aren't around long.

Welcome to a whole new world of gaming. 

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_youget.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_coupon1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_coupon2.jpg[/IMG]
                    [IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_exp070607.jpg[/IMG]

[URL="http://link.gamestop.com/t/80264/14742880/1643/0/"][IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_unsub.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Coupon images:

newwelcome2_coupon1.jpg

newwelcome2_coupon2.jpg
newwelcome2_exp070607.jpg

[quote name='monkeydeew']might as well get your 60$ worth[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't know if it's worth traveling 50 miles to the next GS that has one to see if it has a soundtrack or not.

And then the next one is 65, then 78, then 89, and finally 97 miles.

[quote name='vienge']Well, I don't know if it's worth traveling 50 miles to the next GS that has one to see if it has a soundtrack or not.

And then the next one is 65, then 78, then 89, and finally 97 miles.[/quote]

yeah probably not worth the gas. but if you are ever in the area might as well check it out! theres a gs/eb 200 miles away from me that lists it as 4+ :hot:

has anyone tried using this on a live 12 month card? I tried to use it today but it didn't work :( This is contrary to the fine print saying that it only excludes consoles but meh.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I decided to buy it at GS (even though I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else) to qualify for Discover Card's gift card promotion.

[quote name='buff89']can you use the 10% off coupon stacked with your Gamestop Edge Card Membership?:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold: it is cold here in MN[/QUOTE]
yes.

Thanks, gave it to my wife. She wants to buy me some games for Christmas. At least this will save her (well, me!) money.

i have a question...

i have Unreal 3 paid in full by a deal from august.(trade in 2 ps3 games get 1 free)

can i get my credit back then use this 10% off coupon then get my $6 of gamestop credit? lol

[quote name='Furashu']i have a question...

i have Unreal 3 paid in full by a deal from august.(trade in 2 ps3 games get 1 free)

can i get my credit back then use this 10% off coupon then get my $6 of gamestop credit? lol[/quote]You'll get back $6 when you pick it up, and if you did it on credit, then you'd have it given back to you as credit on your EDGE card.

[quote name='shrike4242']You'll get back $6 when you pick it up, and if you did it on credit, then you'd have it given back to you as credit on your EDGE card.[/quote]

oh cool! thanks for answering so quickly!

This is a bit off topic, but I couldn't figure out anywhere else to ask. Does anybody know why Gamestop's weekly ad still shows the "SEE HOW YOU CAN GET 30% MORE FOR YOUR TRADES" promo, but when you go to www.gamestop.com/30more it pulls up the expired coupon (from 12/4 - 12/6)? I'd love to use this, and it appears as though it should be valid, but they never updated the coupon. Any knowledge on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is a bit off topic, but I couldn't figure out anywhere else to ask. Does anybody know why Gamestop's weekly ad still shows the "SEE HOW YOU CAN GET 30% MORE FOR YOUR TRADES" promo, but when you go to www.gamestop.com/30more it pulls up the expired coupon (from 12/4 - 12/6)? I'd love to use this, and it appears as though it should be valid, but they never updated the coupon. Any knowledge on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Either because a) they're idiots or b) they plan to put up a new coupon soon that'll only be good for 3 days like the previous one was.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']has anyone tried using this on a live 12 month card? I tried to use it today but it didn't work :( This is contrary to the fine print saying that it only excludes consoles but meh.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I decided to buy it at GS (even though I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else) to qualify for Discover Card's gift card promotion.[/QUOTE]

I tried it on MS Points, and it failed.

[quote name='ihzer0']I tried it on MS Points, and it failed.[/quote]

That's so odd :( It's worked on everything from EDGE memberships to Rock Band to xbox controllers so meh.

[quote name='ihzer0']I tried it on MS Points, and it failed.[/quote]

I was able to get a time card with it. I would think the points would work too.

bread's done
Back