Gamestop $10 off orders $50 or more (New code)

bart122580

CAGiversary!
Use coupon code SAVE10 or 1SVBFXN

expires 12/31/08

Edit

The code works on Ebgames.com which gives free shipping on orders over $25

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this. They have the collector's edition of the Lich King. I wonder if I should get that-- is it hard to find still, or was it ever hard to get ahold of?

Well shit I just bought Lich King yesterday...

Can't find the CE in stores around here. There was an initial hoarding rush on them but as with Burning Crusade ebay prices are back to retail + shipping. With $10 off the CE is basically the same price you'd pay in store before the bogus handling fee and shipping is applied.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is there still a free shipping coupon and does it stack with this?[/quote]

FREESHIP is the code for free overnight shipping on orders over $50. Can't hurt to try stacking them.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Thanks for this. They have the collector's edition of the Lich King. I wonder if I should get that-- is it hard to find still, or was it ever hard to get ahold of?[/QUOTE]

At Fry's here in Vegas, they literally had a giant stack of them still. Probably around 50 copies as of yesterday.

Is it possible to use store credit ( on a card ) on the gamestop website? I'm at work and don't have the card on me so I can't really check it atm... was wondering if anyone has tried this before.

[quote name='kazunori']Doesn't seem to stack. Tried entering one after the other at the cart but it wouldn't allow it.[/QUOTE]

Lame. After shipping and tax it's like saving $5, if that.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Lame. After shipping and tax it's like saving $5, if that.[/QUOTE]

And gas/time getting it...

Thats probably more than they make on a single new game sale.

[quote name='aihuman']Does not apply to hardware...sigh.[/quote]

Hardware, as in systems. $10 off a system, generally isn't that big a deal anyway. Works for accessories, though. Does not work for points cards.

I wish I could use this with my BN gift card. I heard all the games they sell on their site go through Gamestop but I don't think I can use the gift card on Gamestop.com directly and this coupon probably won't apply ordering through bn.com. It would be sweet if I could use both.

yeah it does not stack with other codes BUT!

but the code works on ebgames and they have a freeshipping deal ($25 or more, choose during checkout (not a code)). the site is not working for me right now, maybe someone can confirm this

[quote name='TommyTSquared']Is it possible to use store credit ( on a card ) on the gamestop website? I'm at work and don't have the card on me so I can't really check it atm... was wondering if anyone has tried this before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've used credit stored on an Edge card to make an online purchase before. Not a problem.

code works with ebgames and you get the free shipping as stated in an earlier post not bad deal :) i assume if you want multiple games just place multiple orders :)

[quote name='flnagger']code works with ebgames and you get the free shipping as stated in an earlier post not bad deal :) i assume if you want multiple games just place multiple orders :)[/quote]

Awesome find!

I'm going to get Left4dead since amazon has it back to $59. You can also score the Collectors Edition of COD: WaW for $59 with coupon as well.

Does anybody know if there is a chance of getting 2 separate orders canceled due to "abuse" of the coupon, using the same email/shipping/billing address?

[quote name='Viol8tor']Awesome find!

I'm going to get Left4dead since amazon has it back to $59. You can also score the Collectors Edition of COD: WaW for $59 with coupon as well.

Does anybody know if there is a chance of getting 2 separate orders canceled due to "abuse" of the coupon, using the same email/shipping/billing address?[/QUOTE]I doubt it, just make the the orders a few hours apart.

so can buy a used game for 55(LBP), get - $10 off plus 16%off(code) plus edge? Wouldnt that be like 30ish??(free s&H) Or did i do it wrong??

[quote name='darknight88']so can buy a used game for 55(LBP), get - $10 off plus 16%off(code) plus edge? Wouldnt that be like 30ish??(free s&H) Or did i do it wrong??[/quote]

the $10 off doesnt stack with any other code

[quote name='hotrocks']yeah it does not stack with other codes BUT!

but the code works on ebgames and they have a freeshipping deal ($25 or more, choose during checkout (not a code)). the site is not working for me right now, maybe someone can confirm this[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know why free shipping isn't offered on the GameStop website? Same company, isn't it? And I use store credit from my Edge card on GameStop.com all the time, but can I use it on EBGames.com as well?

[quote name='rainking187']Does anyone know why free shipping isn't offered on the GameStop website? Same company, isn't it? And I use store credit from my Edge card on GameStop.com all the time, but can I use it on EBGames.com as well?[/quote]

You can use Edge credit (and Edge discount) at EBGames.com. The free shipping at one, but not the other surprised me, too.

Thanks, OP. Worked nicely combined with the BF advertised deals and free shipping on EBGames.com (but not, apparently, on Gamestop.com).

It's interesting how I still find EBGames a better place to shop, long after I assumed they had been completely assimilated into the Borg.

Anything cheap I can add to the cart? I want Left 4 Dead for $40 but since its $49.99 right now, I need another cent to be eligible for the $10 off.

What is the trick to getting this code to work? Over the last few days I have tried all sorts of combinations - new, used, multiple items with a total over $50, one item over $50 - and no matter what, it tells me that based on the contents of my shopping cart, the coupon cannot be applied. Any suggestions? Thanks!

[quote name='splintercell']What is the trick to getting this code to work? Over the last few days I have tried all sorts of combinations - new, used, multiple items with a total over $50, one item over $50 - and no matter what, it tells me that based on the contents of my shopping cart, the coupon cannot be applied. Any suggestions? Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, I'm getting the same deal! I have Overlord: Raising Hell ($24.99), Civ: Rev DS ($19.99) and a Wii Points Card (filler, $20, since I'd buy it anyway on the Wii network), and I'm getting the same error. It says,

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVE10 - Enjoy $10 off your order of $50 or more. May not be combined with other offers. No applicable on hardware. Offer expires on 12/31/08."

wtf?

[quote name='bart122580']I just got an e-mail from Gamestop and they're expiring this code. The new code is 1SVBFXN.[/quote]

Still getting this error-- "The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description : Coupon:1SVBFXN - Save $10 on your order of $50 or more"

Guys, why are you trying this at GS.com? I used it no problem at EBgames.com and got free shipping on PoP pre-order. Just clear all other codes, log in, and put in the code...

bread's done
Back