Gamestop: $10 off Pre-owned $29.99+ Exp. 9/30 (code works instore only)

SEGAMew

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was at the mall's food court and saw an Gamestop partnered with Coca-Cola advert type of thing, text a number and led me to this code that is the same code they give you no matter what phone numbers you text them with.

Coupon code: EBC3034713

Expires 9/30/2012

I tried to do this online and code wasn't valid, so in-store only guys! Utilize that In-store pick up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saiyajinsc']How can they refuse? It's a GameStop code.[/QUOTE]

They those clerks were idiots?
They get paid minimum wage by Gamestop to scan & punch in codes on the computer, nothing more.
They are not highly paid executives looking out for the company's bottom line & tackling every transaction based on their own judgment.

[quote name='Drclaw411']unless there is a discovery that they are somehow not first party, dont hold your breath[/QUOTE]

Mario and Sonic at London Olympic is a 3rd party game featuring 1st party characters and it's $30..... :<

*still hoping*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent in the cat pic from earlier in the thread, got the code. Now to figure out what to use it on.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wait isnt that code universal?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just wanted it on my phone.

i told the guy at the register about the code, i was gonna show it to him from my phone, but he was like oh yea the coke code didnt even look at it just took 10 dolla off tales of grace F.

I know that it is confirmed that the code works for items priced $29.99 and up but has anyone tried it for items below $29.99? Did it work? Just curious to see what the real threshold for this code is.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']I know that it is confirmed that the code works for items priced $29.99 and up but has anyone tried it for items below $29.99? Did it work? Just curious to see what the real threshold for this code is.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get heroes of ruin when it was $28 and it didn't work so it has to be $30 or more.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I tried to get heroes of ruin when it was $28 and it didn't work so it has to be $30 or more.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clarifying.

Does the code only work for a single game? For example, I want Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 but the price is $27.99, so would I be able to add a filler game to up the price to over $30 and still use the coupon?

[quote name='doreo503']Does the code only work for a single game? For example, I want Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 but the price is $27.99, so would I be able to add a filler game to up the price to over $30 and still use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

All of the games I am interested in are $29.99 new, $27.99 used.

[quote name='JayRooster']Anybody know of any good flips to best buy with this code?[/QUOTE]

I answered that in the other thread.

Can the code be stacked with a PUR discount coupon (e.g. $20 off pre-owned) or would the PUR coupon Kim in first, drop the game under $30, and block the code?

[quote name='@FIF']Can the code be stacked with a PUR discount coupon (e.g. $20 off pre-owned) or would the PUR coupon Kim in first, drop the game under $30, and block the code?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't work that way. Yes it stacks, but doesn't block the code.

[quote name='doreo503']Does the code only work for a single game? For example, I want Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 but the price is $27.99, so would I be able to add a filler game to up the price to over $30 and still use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's straight up $10 off a $29.99 game or more just as it's spilled out in the coupon.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Texted Game. Got the message to send a photo and when I send them a photo it never goes thru. :([/QUOTE]

I had that problem also. I waited a few hours and finally it went through. Keep trying if you want it on your phone. Good luck. :)

[quote name='CaoPi']exp 9/30 and I thought gamestop would've taken this down way earlier![/QUOTE]

It is actually amazing it has lasted this long. A universal code for $10 off any game over $29.99 and it is good all month? Seems like madness to me. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is actually amazing it has lasted this long. A universal code for $10 off any game over $29.99 and it is good all month? Seems like madness to me. :)[/QUOTE]

Seriously. If this thing stays active, theres quite a few other 3DS/Vita games i'd be interested in getting.

Otherwise, getting Pokemon Conquest for 18$ was epic enough for me.

Gonna try this one today. Here's the pic I sent (google images):

forefathers.jpg

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is actually amazing it has lasted this long. A universal code for $10 off any game over $29.99 and it is good all month? Seems like madness to me. :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe Coca Cola is paying for it so GS don't give a shit how many times it's being used.

just used it. douche manager who banned me from trading in asked where i got it. i told him i text a pic of me drinking coca cola. what a jerk, lol.

went to another gamestop and got Lego Batman 2 for $30. :)

as for you question slowdive, they have to be rung up in separate transactions. tried buying 2 games in one transaction and it only took the $10 off one.

[quote name='Velo214']just used it. douche manager who banned me from trading in asked where i got it. i told him i text a pic of me drinking coca cola. what a jerk, lol.[/QUOTE]

reminded me of the douche that threatened to ban me earlier this week because I cancelled 2 pre-orders on him. said if i keep cancelling pre-orders that i earned a trade-in bonus on (only 1 of the 2 got me any kind of bonus), that they would cut me off. i just :roll: and bought lollipop chainsaw with the $10 code.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Got persona 4 arena on 360 for $39.99 after coupon code and Tales of Graces f for $19.99. :D[/QUOTE]

How did you get Tales for $20?

[quote name='Bamjoe']How did you get Tales for $20?[/QUOTE]

it was more like 21.49. Used its $34.99. So after PUR and coupon it was $21.49. still a great deal.

Envy those who got Tales with case and art -_-
Most GS didn't carry the game around me and the one that did came in disc only -_-

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']it was more like 21.49. Used its $34.99. So after PUR and coupon it was $21.49. still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

It would supposed to be $22.49 after PUR, unless the register is hotwired to calculate PUR before coupons XP

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Any PUR coupons will not work with this. I tried early to combine the $10 off with a $5 off pre-owned coupon and it wouldn't take.[/QUOTE]

I was able to combine 2 coke codes on 2 future soldiers and also combined a 20% off any PO game coupon I got for my bday all on one transaction

Nevermind, just looked at my reciept and realized he used only one coke code... Ughh. On the phone they told me I could stack the 20% coupon and the coke code all on one game though and I realized you just said PUR coupon so never mind

Just got back. The coke code is 1 per transaction and the employees said it is 1 time use per person and refused to let me use it again. bitches.

[quote name='slowdive21']Just got back. The coke code is 1 per transaction and the employees said it is 1 time use per person and refused to let me use it again. bitches.[/QUOTE]

Just go to the GS down the street lol

[quote name='slowdive21']Just got back. The coke code is 1 per transaction and the employees said it is 1 time use per person and refused to let me use it again. bitches.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have been lucky between the 4 GS I have used it at in that I have not had the same employee twice.

Any clerk that says it can only be used once is lying. I asked when I used it the other day and he said anybody can use it as often as they'd like, but it has to be on separate transactions.

I'm pretty sure the same code has been used over 20,000 times by now... =P

^^I know, but I don't think it is going to be active more than another day or two. They said they contacted their DM about it and they were waiting to hear back from the higher ups.

Im pretty sure coke doing this code is fine since to even offer a code, they would have had to reach an agreement with Game Stop. Not like they can just give out random codes to any store they wish, lol.

[quote name='Deader2818']Im pretty sure coke doing this code is fine since to even offer a code, they would have had to reach an agreement with Game Stop. Not like they can just give out random codes to any store they wish, lol.[/QUOTE]

I think he means that theyre contacting corp. about limiting ppl to using the code once

just wanted to chime in and thank the Op. I have used this sucker to expand my vita collection , thanks!! I have used it 3 times.

bread's done
Back