Gamestop 10% off Promo stacks with CAG16 and Edge

asot

CAGiversary!
Gamestop is currently running a promo where if you purchase 2 or more games you save 10% while entering the code DATENIGHTt as of now this code also stacks with CAG16 and the power up rewards 10% discount for a huge 46% in savings. It does not work on pre orders though.

I just ordered a pretty good amount of pre-owned games and saved nearly 50%!!

Enjoy the savings!

(Sorry if this has been posted in a thread already)

EDIT:forgot to mention I also used a UFC 10% off code to get it up to 46%

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, that's weird. Even if I just put Donkey Kong Country Returns in my cart and apply CAG16, it doesn't recognize it. Recognizes it for other games, but not DKCR. Oh well, I guess I keep waiting to get that game...

It's ****ing too bad that any good game on GameStop's website is almost always UNAVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PURCHASE! FU GameStop.

[quote name='goatdan']Okay, that's weird. Even if I just put Donkey Kong Country Returns in my cart and apply CAG16, it doesn't recognize it. Recognizes it for other games, but not DKCR. Oh well, I guess I keep waiting to get that game...[/QUOTE]
I'm getting the same thing, as well as certain used games not applying the fucking Power Up discount. They both work on certain games, but not most. Think they affect games that are also available that are New.

Testing it out on three games with New copies available to order, not one of them applied the coupon code or the Rewards discount when I added the Used copies in the cart. However, they all work when used on games with Used copies only being available.

Yeah, that was exactly what I was trying to grab. I tested DKC Returns after that and noticed no change. New Super Mario Bros.? Nuh uh. de Blob? Works just fine.

So yeah, it's definitely only working with games that don't have a New copy purchasable on the site. Someone might wanna let them know about that, if possible.

Is Gamestop like Amazon in that they will keep shipping orders after the release date with the pre-order bonus (until they are OOS) even though you didn't pre-order? Usually with Amazon, you can order on or shortly after the release date and still receive the pre-order bonus. Since this coupon is good only on in-stock games through the 15th and there are several games dropping that day, what are the odds of ordering on that day and still receiving a pre-order bonus?

So call me ignorant, but has it always been the case that Gamestop factors discounts not as all 26% off the base price when using EDGE and CAG16?

Ex:

Instead of:

$9.99 used game x .74 (the remaining price after the combined 26% discount) = $7.39

What Gamestop does:

$9.99 used game x .90 (EDGE) = $8.99 x .84 (CAG16) = $7.55

Has it always been this way?

[quote name='badramen']So call me ignorant, but has it always been the case that Gamestop factors discounts not as all 26% off the base price when using EDGE and CAG16?

Ex:

Instead of:

$9.99 used game x .74 (the remaining price after the combined 26% discount) = $7.39

What Gamestop does:

Has it always been this way?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='badramen']So call me ignorant, but has it always been the case that Gamestop factors discounts not as all 26% off the base price when using EDGE and CAG16?

Ex:

Instead of:

What Gamestop does:

Has it always been this way?[/QUOTE]

Companies always do that. They never take the two percents and add them together then take that off the price.

bread's done
Back