Gamestop $20 off $80 or more

poker360

Banned

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=6
SHAVE $20 OFF THE TOP
It's a good time to go shopping and stock up on those titles you've been stalking. Save $20* on orders of $80 or more with code: 20OFF80 – online only.
*Expires May 14

20OFF80 - $20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers

sorry if this has already been posted, i searched and did not see it. This is essentially the same deal as 25% off 100 only you don't have to spend as much

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're trying to use a really cheap game, the coupon just takes away the price of that game. I'm pretty sure the discount can only be used on in stock merchandise, so the best you can do is order a $20 game and get the full price of it discounted.

[quote name='ryheeles']if you're trying to use a really cheap game, the coupon just takes away the price of that game. I'm pretty sure the discount can only be used on in stock merchandise, so the best you can do is order a $20 game and get the full price of it discounted.[/QUOTE]

True, though there are some games that do not work with the coupon....it's not clear why they don't work. The verbage on the coupon just says it restricts certain titles.

The 25% off $100 thread gets 5 stars yet this one gets 3 stars... huh Added a 5 star. So tempting but cannot spend more right now. All of the games I test out are not giving any discount with 20off80 nor 25off. Was thinking of doing some flipping.

Picked up New Vegas CE (PC) and Classic Controller Pro for 74 after coupon and tax. Seems like a darn good deal to me!

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Jodou']Man, even for free I can't find anything I'd want enough to warrant my time.[/QUOTE]
Same here, too many unopened games as it is. Most of the 360/PS3 titles are trash anyway.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, even for free I can't find anything I'd want enough to warrant my time.[/QUOTE]

Not even Fat Princess?

Wow Cheapy must not really give a #$#$ about his site anymore if he allows people to keep posting how to #$#$# over gamestop...

I know if i was gamestop i would pull my support from this site after all of this talk about order 2 games and get one for 2 bucks cause they cancelled there preorder

[quote name='slidecage']Wow Cheapy must not really give a #$#$ about his site anymore if he allows people to keep posting how to #$#$# over gamestop...

I know if i was gamestop i would pull my support from this site after all of this talk about order 2 games and get one for 2 bucks cause they cancelled there preorder[/QUOTE]
but everyone hates gamestop cause of their trade in values

Hmm. Do I want an official Bluetooth headset for ps3 and $30 worth of games for $60 or the turtle beach p21 headset for $60? Any outside input on the turtle beach set? I'm torn, I feel like maybe it would be nice to have a headset only but the speakers on my TV aren't very good and I've heard great things about turtle beach headsets. Thoughts?

This worked on New Vegas collectors edition for me when I added Dragon Age Awakening used to the cart. I assume its taking $20 off of DA and that's why it works. Second game probably has to be over $20. I didn't purchase it yet so not sure if it goes through on the order.

Hmmm, they've just started a cancel party on my remaining orders with this coupon including one I just made an hour ago (and really, who can blame them). 3 out of 6 ain't bad though and honestly their regular deals have been so good lately that the glitches are just for fun now.

Interesting side note for those who don't know: I have a (valid) pre-order on MvsC 3 and Batman GOTY that was purchased using entirely Edge card credit. The order has been sitting there for a couple weeks, but now that Batman GOTY can ship, they've locked up the credit amount for _both_ Batman GOTY and MvsC 3 instead of just what's shipping.

Ninja edit: Looks like the 20OFF80 coupon is totally fixed now - requires $80 of in-stock / non pre-order merchandise.

[quote name='handsomepete']
Ninja edit: Looks like the 20OFF80 coupon is totally fixed now - requires $80 of in-stock / non pre-order merchandise.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right. Cant get it to work with different pre orders. Maybe their programmers (or whatever you call them) can keep their jobs for another day.

[quote name='handsomepete']
Interesting side note for those who don't know: I have a (valid) pre-order on MvsC 3 and Batman GOTY that was purchased using entirely Edge card credit. The order has been sitting there for a couple weeks, but now that Batman GOTY can ship, they've locked up the credit amount for _both_ Batman GOTY and MvsC 3 instead of just what's shipping.
[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they can actually do this. If you cancel your MvsC3 order before next year, you should be able to get that credit back. I have an order sitting there for RDR and Lego HP so, we'll see what's what when RDR comes out. Tempted to just go unload all the credit from my EDGE card today (except for what's needed for RDR) and see what happens.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I don't see how they can actually do this. If you cancel your MvsC3 order before next year, you should be able to get that credit back. I have an order sitting there for RDR and Lego HP so, we'll see what's what when RDR comes out. Tempted to just go unload all the credit from my EDGE card today (except for what's needed for RDR) and see what happens.[/QUOTE]
If you use an Edge card, they do set aside the credit for those pre-orders. No, it won't display that the credit is used if you try to check how much you have left on it, but if you try to breach that value, the order won't go through. For example, let's say I have ~$70 on my Edge Card, and I have MvsC3 pre ordered. If I try to order anything over $10, despite me having plenty of time to accumulate credit to afford it, the site assumes you want the credit set aside since you pre-ordered it.

Getting back on topic, I just ordered a SSFIV (used) and Splinter Cell Conviction (used). As long as the receipt discounts SSFIV by $20, I think I'll be able to return Splinter Cell in store and basically have gotten SSFIV for $13. :D

Wait, what? In the Order History page, they changed it so that Splinter Cell got the $20 off instead of Super Street Fighter IV. Needless to say I canceled it, but now I'm (once again) going to have to wait for another SSFIV to come back in stock. D:

My Pokemon shipped. My preorder was for FONV CE... I'm still on the fence about whether it's a day one purchase or not, but at least I've got a few months to decide...

well that's interesting. yesterday i made two orders and both in stock games shipped. so today i go to cancel the preorders, and it let me cancel the fallout NV preorder no problem, but when i try to cancel the one for halo reach limited edition it doesn't work. odd.

[quote name='y2jasper']well that's interesting. yesterday i made two orders and both in stock games shipped. so today i go to cancel the preorders, and it let me cancel the fallout NV preorder no problem, but when i try to cancel the one for halo reach limited edition it doesn't work. odd.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make much sense; well at least you have until Sept to get the Halo cancelled properly...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']If you use an Edge card, they do set aside the credit for those pre-orders. No, it won't display that the credit is used if you try to check how much you have left on it, but if you try to breach that value, the order won't go through. For example, let's say I have ~$70 on my Edge Card, and I have MvsC3 pre ordered. If I try to order anything over $10, despite me having plenty of time to accumulate credit to afford it, the site assumes you want the credit set aside since you pre-ordered it.
[/QUOTE]

Terribly sorry to continue the off-topicness of this, but my experience is pretty different so I'm curious. I queued up preorders well over the max I've ever had on my Edge card and continued to order stuff after those preorders were placed (i.e. If I had $200 in preorders and $180 on my Edge card, I then made $150 in orders on my Edge credit without issues).

However, now that it has seemingly reduced the value of my Edge card for MvsC3, will it ever come back or is it gone for keeps (I assume at least unless I cancel)? I was planning on using what's on there now for RDR and trading more in as time went on to cover future preorders.

[quote name='slidecage']dont know if EVER answered but anyone know why if you use

Edge credit in store NO TAX

Edge credit online TAX[/QUOTE]

just the way the online system is set up. if you email them about getting charged tax on an order they tend to refund you the difference.

[quote name='y2jasper']just the way the online system is set up. if you email them about getting charged tax on an order they tend to refund you the difference.[/QUOTE]

I've never considered asking for a refund of this before; I just accepted it as the way it is. Since I'm probably already on their naughty-list, I might as well go for broke and ask for it - worst thing that could happen is they'll look through all of my orders closely and ban me and I'll have a chance to catch up on my backlog.

[quote name='slidecage']dont know if EVER answered but anyone know why if you use

Edge credit in store NO TAX

Edge credit online TAX[/QUOTE]

Also, it's not this way for every state. I don't get how this isn't common knowledge by now. In NC, I get charged tax in store even when I use Edge credit. So, the online is no different for me.

How come the discounts are not showing at the shopping cart screen?
It was working before, but now the discounts don't show up at all.
Anyone else have this problem.

If you read the Halo Reach LE page, you'll see that you cannot cancel because:

"Once ordered, cannot cancel" along tthose words 'cause people would get beta code than cancel

[quote name='MrDenny']How come the discounts are not showing at the shopping cart screen?
It was working before, but now the discounts don't show up at all.
Anyone else have this problem.[/QUOTE]

I tried it again today and it only works now if the in-stock games total $80 or more.

[quote name='RedGamer']If you read the Halo Reach LE page, you'll see that you cannot cancel because:

"Once ordered, cannot cancel" along tthose words 'cause people would get beta code than cancel[/QUOTE]

really? i can't find that anywhere on the page? and did they give out halo reach beta codes? i never got one (not that i need one since i have an odst disk). i know on the starcraft 2 page it says it in the bonus textbox that once you get the beta key for SC2 you can't cancel, but i don't see that wording on the reach page.

[quote name='handsomepete']Terribly sorry to continue the off-topicness of this, but my experience is pretty different so I'm curious. I queued up preorders well over the max I've ever had on my Edge card and continued to order stuff after those preorders were placed (i.e. If I had $200 in preorders and $180 on my Edge card, I then made $150 in orders on my Edge credit without issues).

However, now that it has seemingly reduced the value of my Edge card for MvsC3, will it ever come back or is it gone for keeps (I assume at least unless I cancel)? I was planning on using what's on there now for RDR and trading more in as time went on to cover future preorders.[/QUOTE]
Oh, really? That's strange. I'm not sure why it would let you surpass that amount online and not do the same for me. o_O; Maybe when I decided that I had reached a spending limit and just didn't know it? That's the only explanation I can think of- that, and it wore off fast enough for me to not notice I was temp-banned. :p

That said, I'm not sure about the credit on your card. I'd call up Customer Service and ask them what's already been charged to your card. They're able to tell you much more than the Order History page. Best of luck, man!

I dunno what it is about my account or whatever on Gamestop.com, but seems thing to always work out for me.

-I placed 2 glitch orders back in Feb. One for SSF4 and one for 3D Dot Game Heroes. People were saying their orders were being cancelled so I thought "Oh well if they get cancelled I don't really loose anything so no biggie". Well they never did get cancelled and 3D Dot Game Heroes was sent early this week (still hasn't arrived).

-I ordered a gift card using 4 other gift cards online (just to combine them into one) and it arrived with the full amount, but one GC still had $54 on it.

-Then this new glitch. I placed 3 orders. One for BlazBlue, one for Dark Void, and one for Wet. BlazBlue sent out the day I ordered it and the other 2 were "Verifying" until today. I knew people were gettings orders cancelled, but again I thought "oh well no lose if it doesn't work". Well to my surprise I checked not too long ago and the other 2 orders went from "Verifying" to "Pending". The $5.30 was missing from my GC, which means they are in process of being shipped.

I dunno why these seem to always work for me but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. If one day things don't work out well for me at least I know I have gotten some REALLY good deals in the past thanks to GS, amazon, and BB glitches.

All of mine still haven't been canceled, are now pending, and there is a hold on my statement for the amounts of each order. Hoping that's a good sign

[quote name='Mizzou75']All of mine still haven't been canceled, are now pending, and there is a hold on my statement for the amounts of each order. Hoping that's a good sign[/QUOTE]

same with me.

[quote name='david12795']canceled :( i envy those that got their orders shipped.[/QUOTE]

Did you try to have orders with a 0 total? I had 1 19.99 game I tried to pull through with 0.00 on the balance... got canceled.

Other games I ordered like WET went through - ~3 charge on edge.

[quote name='jraypeon']Did you try to have orders with a 0 total? I had 1 19.99 game I tried to pull through with 0.00 on the balance... got canceled.

Other games I ordered like WET went through - ~3 charge on edge.[/QUOTE]

Yes just 2. Other than that, all of them got canceled :/

What was the glitch this time? Finally found it 5 pages back. Now that is just asking for trouble with GS.

i wonder if u can order 80 dollars worth of in stock games and then cancel the stuff u don't want oh and to the person who ordered the limited edition halo even if u get charged for it u can return it

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']they are cancelling orders that use this promo or just the assholes trying to get free games?[/QUOTE]

I had ordered games that were either 2.50 or 11.50 after the glitch along with FONV CE and they all got cancelled.

Fable 2 (ends up free after coupon) is pending for me now. Ordered with FONV CE. Of course I've never canceled an order from GS and I won't be canceling this one. Maybe they just know that? Think it's just luck to not get an order canceled.

[quote name='chrollo']i wonder if u can order 80 dollars worth of in stock games and then cancel the stuff u don't want oh and to the person who ordered the limited edition halo even if u get charged for it u can return it[/QUOTE]

yeah i know i can do that worse comes to worse, but id rather just not have to worry about it. ah well i'm not too worried or anything, i'll email them in a few days asking to get it cancel, if they refuse then ill just return it when i get it.

[quote name='rjbooth']same with me.[/QUOTE]

I had two of mine ship tonight. Still waiting on a few others. So far so good.

EDIT: Actually I just refreshed and they all shipped. Solid.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']they are cancelling orders that use this promo or just the assholes trying to get free games?[/QUOTE]

hahaha. Totally got Sonic's Genesis Collection for PS3 for free. Just shipped out at 0.00.

For those who got their orders shipped I assume most if not all were USPS if you chose free shipping. Are any of the tracking numbers working for you? One of mine was sent yesterday and two today and no tracking #s work as of yet.

bread's done
Back