Gamestop 50% all anime

ofacto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was at Gamestop today checking out their recent deals and they had signs over the Anime Section saying everything was 50% off. I saw a new Gun Parade March Collector's Tin for $31.99 so 50% would make that $16 (the Best Buy deal was $23), so you can probably find some awesome deals in there. I checked 2 other socal gametops and they having the same deal.

[quote name='ofacto']I was at Gamestop today checking out their recent deals and they had signs over the Anime Section saying everything was 50% off. I saw a new Gun Parade March Collector's Tin for $31.99 so 50% would make that $16 (the Best Buy deal was $23), so you can probably find some awesome deals in there. I checked 2 other socal gametops and they having the same deal.[/quote]

Warning about Gamestop anime though, most of the stuff they have marked as new is actually used. It's not hard to tell when you look at it, but just a warning for anyone who was thinking about a special trip out.

All gamestops are having this deal, this is months old and began with Manga as well. Thanx for keeping a heads up though.

[quote name='KingNES']All gamestops are having this deal, this is months old and began with Manga as well. Thanx for keeping a heads up though.[/quote]

OK thanks for the info, I guess my gamestop where late in putting up the signs. Too bad, I never actually checked out the anime section until I saw the signs out today.

Yah, wasn't there a deal about this like 4 months ago? Is this still that sale? lol

If so, my Gamestop carrys like only DBZ. So crap, crap, and uhhhhhh whats the word? oh yah, crap.

I think the individual stores do this when they plan to quit carrying anime cause I remember a store doing this over a year ago cause I got a really good deal on Beast Wars and now that stores doesn't carry any anime at all.

Actually the local gamestop near me has well over 70 Anime titles, I recently grabbed the entire robotech macross saga for 15.00, millenium actress for 13.00, Utena Movie Box set for 14.00 and quite a few others, also this last week I grabbed Kare Kano vol 8 and initial d vol 5 manga books for 5.00 a pop. The guy looked at them and was surprised they even had them left over (since I cleaned em out months back), its a hunt and peck type deal.

*lurker jumps from the shadows*

I picked up Ranma Season 7 for 40 dollars over the weekend at my local store.

*jumps back in the shadows*

[quote name='Levizk']Warning about Gamestop anime though, most of the stuff they have marked as new is actually used. It's not hard to tell when you look at it, but just a warning for anyone who was thinking about a special trip out.[/quote]

Opened maybe, but not used. Don't just make up a lie like that.

Can anyone recommend any good anime vids for a person not familiar with all the anime?

Only ones I know are from cartoon network and I enjoy all of those. (trigun, cowbot beebop, etc....)

I remember seeings GTO, robotech series, and a few others at gamestop.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Does it inlcued RvB DVD's?[/quote]

RvB is excluded :( but i did pick up the berserk box of war for only 50 bucks, i was quite pleased

very YMMV but at least a couple stores in Michigan near me mistakenedly included used anime dvds in this deal. One already corrected it, but i got last exile 1-4 at 6.50 each there before they did, so well worth it for me. If you are near a gamestop, worth checking out maybe.

i noticed this sale a week or so ago and thought it was great. but then i realized that GS always gut's their dvds, and anything with an art box turns out looking like absolute shit. :\ their stock of anime isn't all that good to begin with, but every once in a while there'll be something decent hidden.

yeah make sure they give you the right dvd as well. They gave me tenchi universe dvd 3 instead of tenchi ova 3 and i didn;t notice til i was back from vacation and already 3 hours away from the store...

[quote name='AlohaMars2']*lurker jumps from the shadows*

I picked up Ranma Season 7 for 40 dollars over the weekend at my local store.

*jumps back in the shadows*[/QUOTE]

That is a GREAT deal. Cheapest I have ever seen it for is $75 on overstock.com.

[quote name='CaptainSOC44']Can anyone recommend any good anime vids for a person not familiar with all the anime?

Only ones I know are from cartoon network and I enjoy all of those. (trigun, cowbot beebop, etc....)

I remember seeings GTO, robotech series, and a few others at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Samurai Champloo
Real Bout High School
Big O
Fatal Fury the Motion Picture
Ranma 1/2
Goldenboy
FLCL
New Cutey Honey

Just few of my favorites. Big O isn't as accessible as the others but it is a DAMN fine show.

[quote name='CaptainSOC44']Can anyone recommend any good anime vids for a person not familiar with all the anime?

I remember seeings GTO, robotech series, and a few others at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

.Hack (Sign and Twilight)
Big O (like the above person said, helluva show)
Martian Succesor Nadesico (awesome, simply awesome)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Chobits
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
His./Hers Circumstances
Princess Tutu
Kaleido Star
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Twelve Kingdoms
Samurai Champloo

Those are some at the top of my head.

Picked up Heat Guy J deluxe box 1- with the extra disc for 17 bucks! I forgot about this until I went in looking for a PSP case, and ended up still paying less than what I would have bought this for. Thanks, OP!

Are the copies typically displays? A Gamestop here has a couple Last Exile discs I'd like to pick up, but they have stickers all over the cases.

Gonna have to check my Gamestops for Hellsing and Berserk. My Berserk boxset was a bootleg.

The lesson kids: Don't buy DVD's on Ebay.

[quote name='defiance_17']Are the copies typically displays?[/QUOTE]
yes. AFAIK, they generally only carry one copy of anything so you're assed out on those cases. but it's not like you can't easily replace them; just swap everything out into new ones. and i hate getting gutted copies, but sometimes you've got to bite the bullet and give in.

bread's done
Back