GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to snag a black label GOW in mint condition with the manual for 4.49, can't beat that.

I'm really enjoying it so far, and i'm quite impressed with the graphics for a ps2 era game

Why does this come up every time there's a GS sale?  Does no one remember freshmen algebra in high school?  Commutative property says that when taking two percentage discounts the order you take them in doesn't matter as the result will be the same.

I picked up so many games during the B3F10 and B2G1 deals (50+ games), I only have a few to grab today: MG4, SBK but couldn't find a complete of GoW:C. Instead grabbed Venetica after reading other's post about getting it.

Always great to look at what others are buying. After looking into more tonight, I'm now going to have to go find Rise of the Argonauts and Chaotic: Shadow Warriors.

Still thinking on Wolfenstein and Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce.

Randomly saw MetalSlugger's post...
I tried my first BBY trade tonight. Worked fine except I couldn't find a complete copy of X-blade for 360 (PS3 version only trades for 50c only- lol). Ended with $32 gc, pretty sweet, going to save it for black friday. THANK YOU MetalSlugger!!!!!

BTW, 20% off BD coupon stacks with the 50% off, brought Nintendo Land down to around $5.39.

Where do I sign up for flipping school? I want to learn more...

Can someone enlighten me (PM me is ok, as I know these are stupid noob questions) with the rules of BBY trade: 

(1) Do they require complete copy for trade or will they take without manual or even disc only? Also, do I have to remove the GS sticker before trading it in? Spend a good 30min outside BBY peeling GS sticker...

(2) Is there some kind of bonus with trading in 4 games at once? I only had 3.

(3) The BBY unlocked thing, is that the same as the $15/yr or what ever thing you get with the magazine? I was told I'd get 10% more on trade if I had it.

Thanks!!

Why does this come up every time there's a GS sale? Does no one remember freshmen algebra in high school? Commutative property says that when taking two percentage discounts the order you take them in doesn't matter as the result will be the same.
If discounts are always applied sequentially (namely never on the original base), then obviously the order doesn't matter. I think they were discussing the base of the percentage?

Thought I downloaded the new birthday coupon, but apparently Firefox doesn't recall it (or I was dreaming) .. can anyone help me out with a PM? Would be much appreciated. :bow:

If discounts are always applied sequentially (namely never on the original base), then obviously the order doesn't matter. I think they were discussing the base of the percentage?
Looked like a lot of arguing over which was applied first and coming to the same end point to me.

Got:

GoW C complete clearbox (wasn't out on shelf)

Lost Planet

Game of thrones

18.XX after rewards... I'm happy

Why does this come up every time there's a GS sale? Does no one remember freshmen algebra in high school? Commutative property says that when taking two percentage discounts the order you take them in doesn't matter as the result will be the same.
37437262.jpg

Was able to pick up MGS 4 in great condition. Was a little nervous as the Gamestop I searched at was near a school so I figured those damn kids wouldn't keep things in good shape (actually, I never go there even though it's the closest one because the parking situation sucks) but was happy to see that a lot of the good condition used games seem to be kept behind the counter.

Admittedly, I'm guilty of flipping a couple games to Best Buy while I was at it. (But come on, no one wants to play Pro Evo Soccer 2009 anyways.)

Now I just have to get through MGS4 and Last of Us before GTA V comes next week.

I found the following last night. I've got the regular PUR card without the 10% off:

Fist of the North Star - $7.49
X Blades - $2.49

PS3

Resistance 2 - $2.49
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - $2.49

I was surprised to find Fist of the North Star, and I won't care too much if the others aren't mind-blowing experiences for the prices I paid.

It was just a credit mover ($5->$12). Nothing great and has since had its TIV at Best Buy dropped, just mention it because it was a funny oversight on Best Buy's part to leave the TIV so high for this long. Plus I don't think anyone can get mad at losing out on it.

If I find myself near another Gamestop during the week maybe I'll think about giving Killzone 2 or one of the Resistance games a try. Or go crazy and decide that the Steam version of Alpha Protocol I finally got working isn't good enough and pick up a console version of it.

I'm not really big on flipping but if I could buy 3x Nintendo land for ~20 and get $42, that would net me kingdom hearts 1.5 for half price today...hmmm

So I might be missing where you guys said it...but I'm about to head off to gamestop in a few, were the games all in a bin or something like the 3/10 or do you have to scope em out off the shelf and already know the deal is going on?

Definitely gonna try to grab a bunch of stuff. Got my eye on some Wii things 'cause I'm a collector and I like to fill out my shelf with (semi)good games. I'll be trying to grab that GOW too but I doubt it'll be left. Maybe Little Deviants.

^Most of the "worthy" or more expensive titles on that list will most likely still be on the shelves, with the cheaper games being in the bin, and especially since its so early on in the sale, some bins may not filled at all. But it really depends on the store itself. One store I visited had everything eligible in the bin, another just had a list, and the final one I visited had absolutely no clue lol

Right on, thanks a bunch. The dudes at my gamestop are always really rad to me and I know a few of them personally so hopefully they'll help me in pointing some good stuff out. Thanks for this thread!

I only got Crysis 2 and Binary Domain. I know Crysis 2 was not on the list but it was $8.99 at my store. Plus I used my B-Day coupon.

I think the point of clarity is that you do not get 60% off the marked price with PUR, you get 55%. Unlike the trade in process, where percentages are additive instead of multiplicative - with a Playcation coupon, you get a 60% bonus, not 55%.

Gamestop has a 50% sale, but not before they raise the prices of most of the items by a few dollars. F.uck you very much, Damnedstop.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm that Hot Shots prints an online pass on the receipt?

I thought all Sony games did, but I didn't get a pass with The Last of Us last week. It wasn't a problem since the pass in the case hasn't been used, but I was surprised one wasn't included. Has the GameStop/Sony arrangement changed?

I thought all Sony games did, but I didn't get a pass with The Last of Us last week. It wasn't a problem since the pass in the case hasn't been used, but I was surprised one wasn't included. Has the GameStop/Sony arrangement changed?
When I first bought TLoU, the person at GS was really into the game and kept raving about it. The online pass printed on the receipt and she made sure to point it out for me. That was when I bought just the game by itself.

I bought another copy a couple of weeks after that, along with a bunch of other games, and there was no printed online pass. Either the arrangement changed, as you mentioned, or it's something that the GS person has to do on the register to print the code?

I went and picked up a bunch of games tonight for the PS3. The funny thing was that all the cases I grabbed were official PS3 cases with cover art and manuals except for one: Call of Juarez which had cover art but was in a crappy black Gamestop case. When the guy was finished pulling the discs, I noticed that Call of Juarez was now a complete copy in an official case and Mindjack was now in one of their crappy cases with the Gamestop printed cover with just the title on it. I asked if I could have the case and manual I gave him and he told me he couldn't because it was the display copy. I asked wtf happened with the Call of Juarez then and he just stared at the cases like his mind just shut down.

Needless to say he swapped the cases out for me and made some comment about the official cases being much nicer and that it was a good idea to give it to me.
Reminds me when I went to buy Bad Company 2 because a friend and me were wanting to play it together online and it's only about $5 used. Was in a black gamestop case with no cover art or nothing and then the guy pulls out a like new copy of the game in a official ps3 case and on top of that it was the complete edition.

You never know with Gamestop.

When I first bought TLoU, the person at GS was really into the game and kept raving about it. The online pass printed on the receipt and she made sure to point it out for me. That was when I bought just the game by itself.

I bought another copy a couple of weeks after that, along with a bunch of other games, and there was no printed online pass. Either the arrangement changed, as you mentioned, or it's something that the GS person has to do on the register to print the code?
I also didn't get a pass for it.

Ended up with Little Deviants and White Knight Chronicles. I'll go back in for the Wii stuff...its not alphabetical and 10 AM is too early for me to read through 100 game spines. No GOW in sight unfortunately :/

For the record, my GS had everything still on a shelf and not in a bin.  The guy was semi confused when I asked about it (the manager) and had to check whether or not the SKUs updated on the computer or something. They did.

I'll go back Friday and see if there are any leftovers. Really wanted de Blob (Wii) and Cursed Mountain (Wii) and Science Papa (Wii) and Red Steel (Wii). Maybe Warioware (DS) but I don't buy stuff without the OG boxes so I doubt it.

I got a pass for Resistance 3 yesterday. I wonder if they track and limit it to 1 pass per PUR card, which would make sense as an individual wouldn't need more than 1. Or maybe the employee does need to 'check a box'.

Now that I think about it, I don't know if my used copy of UC3 printed a pass. I'll have to dig up that receipt and see.

im pretty much done with this sale. with the birthday coupon (and some huge unexpected luck) i got both god of war collections yesturday for 7.18 no tax :D

Just got back from my Gamestop. Picked up Hot Shots Golf [Vita], Little Deviants [Vita], and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood [PS3].

HOT SHOTS GOLF DID COME WITH A ONLINE PASS PRINTED ON THE RECEIPT.

Grabbed Wipeout 2048 and Alpha Protocol today, might get a few more games later. Pretty good sale, bad for backlogs lol

Also Wipeout prints out an online pass on the receipt as well

my gamestop manager fished out a brand new limited edition MGS4 and offered it to me when he was looking for a copy in the back. $3.15 well spent.

I bought TLoU as well and didn't get an online pass.  Is that game an exception to the rule?  Kind of disappointed since the pass inside my game has been used.

PIcked up 7 games for about $35 bucks.

Bit peeved though. Had taken the time to select a complete and pristine copy of a couple titles but the dude switched out a copy that was missing a manual and didn't even notice until I came back home.

Something might want to watch out for for those who haven't bought crap from GameStop in awhile (had been literally years for me).

I bought TLoU as well and didn't get an online pass. Is that game an exception to the rule? Kind of disappointed since the pass inside my game has been used.
I've got an Online Pass if you are interested, I just finished the single player campaign and I don't think I'll venture into the online world. PM me if ya still need it! :)

PIcked up 7 games for about $35 bucks.

Bit peeved though. Had taken the time to select a complete and pristine copy of a couple titles but the dude switched out a copy that was missing a manual and didn't even notice until I came back home.

Something might want to watch out for for those who haven't bought crap from GameStop in awhile (had been literally years for me).
I seriously doubt he switched them out for any reason other than to speed things up. He had copies with discs already inside of cases in the drawer. Pulling one of those is faster than leafing through all the games in sleeves to find a copy to put into a case from the wall.

Easy solution is to watch what they're doing and take game out of the case they pick out, put it into the one you selected.

bread's done
Back