Gamestop ~ AARGH! ~

Heavyd814life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
834 (100%)
Why does this stupid site have so many 360 games in stock and why does every decent PS3 title seem to be out of stock? I've got a $20 off coupon i want to spend - do they ever get new stock in?

More people own a 360, so that could be why the 360 stock is higher. That, and I'm sure more people buy used PS3 items on Gamestop vs. 360, because PS3 blu-rays are incredibly hard to scratch, where as 360 games from Gamestop are scratched 9 out of 10 times.

Because everyone is eager to dump 360 stuff in favor of PS3 games? It's tough to use GS coupons because they're only valid on used items and they often cost more than new items elsewhere. A tough store to shop.

If it's one of those $20 off your next purchase coupons, then the OP should try entering it in on GS.com soon to see if they made the coupon invalid for them like they did some of the older $10/$20 codes that some of us thought we had till 2013 to use.

If so, then their only recourse would be to call the GS customer line when they try to use it, saying that it was supposed to expire on X date and it's already listed as having expired.

the 360 stock is higher becaus everything from gamestop.com is store marked refurbed. since 360 games scratch and need to be fixed, they get shipped out and resurfaced then sold threw gamestop dot com.

Ps3 games dont scratch and usually what ends up on there is store overflow stock being sent to the warehouse.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']the 360 stock is higher becaus everything from gamestop.com is store marked refurbed. since 360 games scratch and need to be fixed, they get shipped out and resurfaced then sold threw gamestop dot com.

Ps3 games dont scratch and usually what ends up on there is store overflow stock being sent to the warehouse.[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ. I was sent a copy of :ps3:Call Of Duty: Black Ops from the website about 2-3 weeks ago that clearly had a 'DEFECTIVE' sticker on it and had an inch and a half long scratch on it.

Blu-Rays are scratch resistant, but NOT scratch proof and given Gamestop's normal clientele I'm willing to bet that one of them used it as a coaster for a glass with a chunk missing on the bottom.

Otherwise it is pretty damn hard to scratch a BR disc. But they DO get scratched.:cry:

Even worse was that this game must've been scratched in just the right area to give my PS3 the 80010514 error, which luckily is fixed by doing a file restore and/or deleting game data and reinstalling it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I beg to differ. I was sent a copy of :ps3:Call Of Duty: Black Ops from the website about 2-3 weeks ago that clearly had a 'DEFECTIVE' sticker on it and had an inch and a half long scratch on it.

Blu-Rays are scratch resistant, but NOT scratch proof and given Gamestop's normal clientele I'm willing to bet that one of them used it as a coaster for a glass with a chunk missing on the bottom.

Otherwise it is pretty damn hard to scratch a BR disc. But they DO get scratched.:cry:

Even worse was that this game must've been scratched in just the right area to give my PS3 the 80010514 error, which luckily is fixed by doing a file restore and/or deleting game data and reinstalling it.[/QUOTE]

As you already know I had the same exact experience. They sent me a PS3 Black Ops that was VERY scratched up and had a defective sticker on the cover (Gamestop didn't even bother covering it up with a blank white sticker like they usually do.) My PS3 wouldn't read it the first time I inserted it and the second time I put it into the console my PS3 actually spit the disc out automatically! If a 360 game gets scratched up then you have a good chance of fixing it by resurfacing it. With a Blu-Ray disc thought you're SOL if you're careless enough to scratch it up.

What I don't understand is how anyone scratches up a PS3 game this recent. I can understand maybe if it was a launch game or some shit but Black Ops just came out a few months ago.

[quote name='Rozz']
What I don't understand is how anyone scratches up a PS3 game this recent. I can understand maybe if it was a launch game or some shit but Black Ops just came out a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you haven't seen Black Ops demographic that consist of whiny 13 year olds and stoners who start punching the disc when they get frustrated.

[quote name='Rozz']What I don't understand is how anyone scratches up a PS3 game this recent. I can understand maybe if it was a launch game or some shit but Black Ops just came out a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I've said stuff like this for years. It's amazing what people will do to their games. I've seen cartridges with vomit on them, discs with holes, rusted chips, and systems with cockroaches crawling inside. A scratched PS3 disc isn't surprising, even with the resistance.

People just don't take care of anything they own. They just don't care.

bread's done
Back