GameStop Ad for 4/17 - 4/23

who would try to trade in a sealed game ? thats embarrassing lmao. they would tell youbto open it on the spot anyway.

now lets end this repetitive gamestop debate. some like them and some dont, the end

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']At the GameStop I work at people steal games across the street at Walmart often; we can't let people trade in sealed games on a "case by case" basis. If it's sealed, we have to assume it's stolen. Sorry but it's for the best overall (even though it's inconvenient) Your sealed game may not have been stolen but as an employee, how would I know that? As a student majoring in CLJ I really don't want to jeopardize my future my taking in stolen property ;)[/QUOTE]

But you see the logical flaw, right? Just because the game is opened and not sealed doesn't mean it's not stolen. I have quite a few games that are still sealed. Most of us gamers do. We get a good deal on a game and then never open it because we have huge backlogs of games to play. By your's and Gamestop's logic, every sealed game for sale on ebay is stolen. You guys are friggin geniuses!!!!!

The way to deal with this issue from now on is to just find out what the sealed game trades for and then open it before going to gamestop. If they're not going to give me enough in trade value, then I'll keep it sealed and sell on ebay.

I'm very close to being done with Gamestop. They occaisionally have good trade in deals and B2G1 deals plus instant gratification on used games. However, it's not worth the frustration and hipocrisy. I traded in a bunch of stuff to a place called Entertainmart (in Dallas, TX) and they don't have a little hissy fit when a game or movie is sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfman']But you see the logical flaw, right? Just because the game is opened and not sealed doesn't mean it's not stolen. I have quite a few games that are still sealed. Most of us gamers do. We get a good deal on a game and then never open it because we have huge backlogs of games to play. By your's and Gamestop's logic, every sealed game for sale on ebay is stolen. You guys are friggin geniuses!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

As I said, we get stolen property very often. If it's sealed it (obviously) increases the probability it may have been stolen. For the company as a whole, it's better to be safe than sorry. Think of it from a CEO's perspective; the company wants to do what it can to hopefully decrease the probability of taking in stolen property (even though it won't of course stop it)

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']As I said, we get stolen property very often. If it's sealed it (obviously) increases the probability it may have been stolen. For the company as a whole, it's better to be safe than sorry. Think of it from a CEO's perspective; the company wants to do what it can to hopefully decrease the probability of taking in stolen property (even though it won't of course stop it)[/QUOTE]

The way you handle this is by logging in the person's ID who traded the games and keeping a record of the games that person traded. Or, if you must act crazy and have crazy rules, then don't be a dbag when you refuse to allow a trade. A lot of my problems with Gamestop is cause by the attitude of its employees. It's not so much what you say but how you say it.

[quote name='Namerson']Are you serious? So your bad experience at Gamestop is when the employees were following the rules? They were good employes. They followed the guidelines set by their company. It's a minimum wage job for fuck's sake it's already hard enough finding a job currently which means it's probably one of the few options they had available. God forbid the employees wanted to keep their jobs.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']This[/QUOTE]
It's not that they were doing their job. It was their attitude. And again, not every Gamestop does this. And they don't always get bent out of shape when you try to trade in a sealed game. I didn't have a stack of recently released sealed games I was trying to trade in. I was trading in 3 games and one was sealed and it was about 3 years old.

I don't know why I'm arguing about this, because I'm very close to just never walking into one of their stupid stores again. Why are people defending such a crappy company?

[quote name='Namerson']Are you serious? So your bad experience at Gamestop is when the employees were following the rules? They were good employes. They followed the guidelines set by their company. It's a minimum wage job for fuck's sake it's already hard enough finding a job currently which means it's probably one of the few options they had available. God forbid the employees wanted to keep their jobs.[/QUOTE]

I hope all Gamestop employees get to keep their jobs at Gamestop for the rest of their lives. They deserve them.

[quote name='Wolfman']I hope all Gamestop employees get to keep their jobs at Gamestop for the rest of their lives. They deserve them.[/QUOTE]

need a hug? maybe they aren't being nice because you aren't

how about you open the game before you trade it in to gamestop?

[quote name='Yggy87']I picked up X-COM when it was 29.99 the other day. Here's my conversation with the sales clerk.

Me: Do you have a sealed copy of X-COM for the PS3?
Clerk: Well, yes, we do. But we also have a used copy available. Would you like that instead?
Me: Hmm... Nope. I want the sealed copy.
Clerk: Are you sure? You can save up to $5 if you are a silver card member.
Me: No thank you, I'd rather get the new one.
Clerk: (Dejected) Well, okay. Would you like to purchase the warranty for this g-
Me: (Cutting her off) Just give me the fucking game.
Clerk: (Taken aback) O- Oh, sorry.

I don't know why I even bother with them. I'm pretty sure she cursed me out after I left the store, but fuck her.[/QUOTE]

so you never had a job with rules to follow, or are you just a douche?

[quote name='Barry Burton']need a hug? maybe they aren't being nice because you aren't

how about you open the game before you trade it in to gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I could probably use a hug.

I was actually very nice. Gamestop deals with a bunch of spoiled brats and dumb mothers, which I am neither, but I can sort of understand why they're employees are always in a bad mood.

[quote name='Wolfman']I could probably use a hug.

I was actually very nice. Gamestop deals with a bunch of spoiled brats and dumb mothers, which I am neither, but I can sort of understand why they're employees are always in a bad mood.[/QUOTE]

I've had many bad experiences with Gamestop but there is one store near where I work that has some really nice employees. The manager there pretty much made it clear to me that they work a ton of hours, overtime, understaffed, and are under a lot of pressure to meet sales goals.

I don't really like GS but don't assume the employees are just jerks, they might just be worn down over time from crappy company practices.

Also we should end this discussion before it becomes some sort of fight over GS. This is supposed to be a deal discussion forum.

[quote name='Wolfman']I hope all Gamestop employees get to keep their jobs at Gamestop for the rest of their lives. They deserve them.[/QUOTE]

Hey what did I ever do to you to deserve that? :whistle2:|:lol:

The thing is, it's normal for a CAG to have sealed games in their backlog, but it really isnt For the average gamer. Since most people play their games shortly after they buy them, it's only natural to look suspicious trading a game in that you obviously never played. Just try to remember to open them before you walk in the store.

[quote name='Vap']The thing is, it's normal for a CAG to have sealed games in their backlog, but it really isnt For the average gamer. Since most people play their games shortly after they buy them, it's only natural to look suspicious trading a game in that you obviously never played. Just try to remember to open them before you walk in the store.[/QUOTE]
I'm not doing that, it's like 2 Joules of wasted energy.

What some people are forgetting is that this GameStop were talking about.
They've used up whatever goodwill or benefit of the doubt a normal store would be entitled to years ago.

I agree, but I blame gamers. Nobody forces them to take their games to gamestop rather than selling them elsewhere. The process may stink but it's 100% voluntary.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']The sickest thing about Gamestop is they rake in billions of profits without even having to TRY and compete with amazon or best buy for sale prices

Its all about used games for them. Give 15 in "credit" to person A and B, then person B pays 54.99 for person A's used game. Thats 40 bucks in straight cash to gamestop

Its

A. A fucking scam
B. No excuse for them to gut games, have their stores smell like shit, have the most push and annoying customer service staff
C. Have "weekly deals" that seem like a giant middle finger to gamers[/QUOTE]

Every forum I visit I hear stupid stuff like this. "Oh the Gamestop employees are just doing their job." "Can't you consider they might lose their precious jobs?" No, because I don't care. I will never preorder anything, ever. I don't do MSRP. I make that crystal clear. And yet I hear the same shitty line every time I go. I didn't know that Gamestop forced their employees to harass the customer. Because after I make it absolutely clear that I won't preorder anything or get a shitty warranty, I still get asked it. Guess what? After taking it for years, I don't care if they lose their jobs. Now, every time they ask me, I be sure to give them the lowest score on the evaluation. They want their jobs? They lose their jobs.

[quote name='Crazysammy']I think its a fair guess that you do not know what this means.[/QUOTE]

um i think he was being sarcastic lol. anyway this debate has been two days long now ? lets just stop it already lmao

why don't you guys go report them to the Better Business Bureau like all the other loons and leave your bizarre rants about a game store off the forum?

I'm sure if they had some Nippon Ichi borderline pedo crap for $10, you'd be praising them and talking about how they're getting better instead

[quote name='Dark Ace']Every forum I visit I hear stupid stuff like this. "Oh the Gamestop employees are just doing their job." "Can't you consider they might lose their precious jobs?" No, because I don't care. I will never preorder anything, ever. I don't do MSRP. I make that crystal clear. And yet I hear the same shitty line every time I go. I didn't know that Gamestop forced their employees to harass the customer. Because after I make it absolutely clear that I won't preorder anything or get a shitty warranty, I still get asked it. Guess what? After taking it for years, I don't care if they lose their jobs. Now, every time they ask me, I be sure to give them the lowest score on the evaluation. They want their jobs? They lose their jobs.[/QUOTE]

seriously go get laid, you clearly need it to get so upset over nothing

[quote name='Dark Ace']Every forum I visit I hear stupid stuff like this. "Oh the Gamestop employees are just doing their job." "Can't you consider they might lose their precious jobs?" No, because I don't care. I will never preorder anything, ever. I don't do MSRP. I make that crystal clear. And yet I hear the same shitty line every time I go. I didn't know that Gamestop forced their employees to harass the customer. Because after I make it absolutely clear that I won't preorder anything or get a shitty warranty, I still get asked it. Guess what? After taking it for years, I don't care if they lose their jobs. Now, every time they ask me, I be sure to give them the lowest score on the evaluation. They want their jobs? They lose their jobs.[/QUOTE]

That's funny because GS writes off any surveys that are solely comprised of 1s. Mega lulz.

Do you throw a passive aggressive hissy fit after shopping at every retail establishment? Up-selling is at every store, be it preorders, protection plans, credit cards, or candy bars. Hell, even Amazon tries to up-sell at you with their other customers bought this and similar items on their description pages. If you go to Gamestop enough for this to be a problem talk to the employees as if they are people, they will get to know you and your habits and skip the bs.

[quote name='strait edge follower']awww i tried to get the thread back on topic and it didnt work :([/QUOTE]
You need to increase your power output over 9000.

also tomb raider collector's edition is $ 79 but i only saw the ps3 ver only though , the site is still $100 but in store it's already discounted , not sure if limited time or not

[quote name='Barry Burton']seriously go get laid, you clearly need it to get so upset over nothing[/QUOTE]

It's the mark of an adolescent who would bring the topic of sex and the questioning of one's manhood into a simple debate.

[quote name='panda911']That's funny because GS writes off any surveys that are solely comprised of 1s. Mega lulz.[/QUOTE]

Noted. However, I hear that if you give them a score of less than 8, it counts as a zero anyway. Just another gift Gamestop gives their employees. So I don't have to give them all ones if I can give them all 7s and have those equal ones anyway. [quote name='Trez123']Do you throw a passive aggressive hissy fit after shopping at every retail establishment? Up-selling is at every store, be it preorders, protection plans, credit cards, or candy bars. Hell, even Amazon tries to up-sell at you with their other customers bought this and similar items on their description pages. If you go to Gamestop enough for this to be a problem talk to the employees as if they are people, they will get to know you and your habits and skip the bs.[/QUOTE]

But once I make it clear in other places that I will not be upsold, they tend to give up. Not so with Gamestop.

[quote name='Dark Ace']Noted. However, I hear that if you give them a score of less than 8, it counts as a zero anyway. Just another gift Gamestop gives their employees. So I don't have to give them all ones if I can give them all 7s and have those equal ones anyway.[/QUOTE]

Nah that's wrong too.

So, I'm guessing you get pissed off when the people who work at fast food ask if you want an upgrade to a meal or if you want to add a drink? Or when a car salesman asks if you want insurance? Or even when the people at a grocery store ask if you want to sign up for a rewards card?

I don't particularly like GameStop's customer service but damn dude calm down. I honestly feel bad for the employees if they get people like you shopping there, no wonder they are always mad.

lol making a profile just to cry about Gamestop.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']I fucking hate customers like you, and you deserve to be cursed.

I'm sorry but I want to keep my job. Next time you are in a hurry, why not just tell her you're in a hurry? You don't have to be a total jerk about it. We don't bite ;)[/QUOTE]

You want to keep you job? Then would you consider yourself to have a right to push sales to keep your job? Sure you do. Just like I have the right to not have my time and breath wasted on these bottom feeding lowlives at Gamestop? Want to keep your job? Then work at a place where your employers care about you keeping your job. That place is not Gamestop. Nobody working at Gamestop should ever guarantee themselves to have that job the next day. Because Gamestop doesn't care. [quote name='mxtt']Wow, I would punch you right in the dick if I witnessed that.

fuck you.[/QUOTE]

Internet tough guy, huh? I bet you a million dollars that if you not only witnessed that, but even if you had it said to you, you'd smile and say "thank you sir, may I have another?" Because you don't want to get sued. [quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I think people strut on the internet because they know they'd lose some teeth if they talked to me like that in real life.

No joke. You're not cool, you look like a d-bag even on the internet.

I got nothing but nice things to say about my Gamestop people. Yes the company sucks but those guys work things out for me every time. Being nice to them has gotten me quite a few CEs/Limiteds/otherwise-sold-out items. I'm not nice to them to GET them but it has definitely worked to my advantage a couple of times.

End of the day, just remember that that person could be your mom, brother, father, sister, auntie, girlfriend. If you treat your family like that, you should be put down.[/QUOTE]

You should be put down for being that fuckING STUPID!!!!! For every one person who is friendly with those bastards known as Gamestop employees, there are 10 people who are not, and they get irritated every time they walk into a Gamestop. No parent should be working at Gamestop, my siblings all have real careers, and as do the rest of my family. So that person will never be my family. GTFO. [quote name='Vap']People like you need to just go die. Seriously, there is no reason to treat people in that manor, especially to someone who was just doing her job. Oh, by the way, grow the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

The only people who need to die are Gamestop employees. The bastards in corporate laugh as they make millions off of hardworking people and the minor employees enable them by making that money for them. Gamestop is a sickness that is only getting worse. [quote name='crazedracerguy']This x 1,000,000. The internet has made a bunch of monitor tigers... They pull their sweaty, fat hands out of their Cheetos bags in their parents basements and say whatever they want. I'd like to see the internet go away for a few weeks and see what a beat down they'd get if they ever got out of the basement and said those things to people's faces.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone who bashes Gamestop is a basement dweller. I'd say that the ones that bash them are the smart ones, with good jobs, a good education, good upbringing, and a healthy body that doesn't consume Cheetos. Like me. And believe me, I'd love for some of you internet tough guys to try to give me a beatdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's exhausting. If you don't like them, shop elsewhere. I don't care if it's not popular, I've gone to the GameStop by my house for years and they've never been anything but pleasant and professional. Even as employees change. They upsell...because it's retail. That's what retail is. If you don't pay MSRP then don't pay it. Don't pre-order. But to get pissed that they're doing their job? That's just somebody hating or wanting attention. How annoying is it to say no thank you? Personally I think it's great there's still some idjit under 20 that still does their damn job, instead of tweeting how their boss sucks while they refuse to work.

GameStop is fine. They make money off used games. Think it's not fair? Well then try to remember when we got jack for games if you can, at least now you have something. Or eBay it. But I never, ever, will understand complaining because they make money that way. And people that do go, aren't idiots or suckers. They're gamers. Just like most of these kids behind the counter asking if you want to preorder Gears 42.

people can b**** and moan about that guy's rant all they want, but he has a point. that's why i can't go to gamestop, unless it's an extremely great deal and can't wait for the other stores to catch up.

i can't stand those guys trying to force their preorders down my throat. i remember going to get far cry 3 for $30, and the dude kept flipping through his little booklet of games and tried to push 4 or 5 on me.

i just want to get in and out. it's frustrating when someone goes through their lengthy sales pitch and forces a long, drawn-out, summary of 4 or 5 games on me.

Dark Ace sounds like a self entitled prick. Isn't there some sort of CAG forum rule against starting crap just for the sake of starting crap? New profile too looks like.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Dark Ace sounds like a self entitled prick. Isn't there some sort of CAG forum rule against starting crap just for the sake of starting crap? New profile too looks like.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am a prick because I am entitled to my time and am entitled to my time not being wasted. Are you by any chance an elementary or middle schooler who had plenty of time on their hands? Good for you. I'm not. And I've seen here that people love to call out others when they misuse the term "bait and switch." Seems to me that the word "entitled" is used 10x more incorrectly.

for a person who hates gamestop so much he sure seems to go there plenty enough to always get these ”annoyances” thrown at him. anyway can we stop this useless debate ? it really serves no purpose

[quote name='Dark Ace']Yes, I am a prick because I am entitled to my time and am entitled to my time not being wasted. Are you by any chance an elementary or middle schooler who had plenty of time on their hands? Good for you. I'm not. And I've seen here that people love to call out others when they misuse the term "bait and switch." Seems to me that the word "entitled" is used 10x more incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

No I'm a working professional who is mature enough to know that we are in a tough economy and work doesn't come easy. Looking down on people because of where they work is just wrong. Plenty of students and younger people work at places like GS to pay for rent / tuition, etc. So they should be fired for doing their job and pissing you off for 1 minute?

You don't have time on your hands? You're wasting an awful lot of time right now arguing with a bunch of people on the internet. Sounds like you really value your precious time.

[quote name='brandtron8000']Trying to trade in a sealed game to GS is a rookie move. You don't get more credit if it's sealed, you only raise suspicions. even a clever thief would take the seal off first.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']who would try to trade in a sealed game ? thats embarrassing lmao. they would tell youbto open it on the spot anyway.

now lets end this repetitive gamestop debate. some like them and some dont, the end[/QUOTE]

God forbid someone finds a game for extremely cheap, then decides they'll probably never get around to it, and decide to shave their backlog. I wish people were smarter.

[quote name='IhateForumUsers']God forbid someone finds a game for extremely cheap, then decides they'll probably never get around to it, and decide to shave their backlog. I wish people were smarter.[/QUOTE]

Company policy is company policy is company policy. Actually, they are supposed to reject you on the spot if it is sealed.

[quote name='RenoVatio']Real gamers don't shop at GameStop.[/QUOTE]
551502_586993007992589_1126995968_n.jpg

Gamestop must have some magical powers, to somehow someway continue to lure people who hate them to shop there (while there are so many other choices), thus generating more hate from said people.

bread's done
Back