GameStop Ad for 4/17 - 4/23

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']I fucking hate customers like you, and you deserve to be cursed.

I'm sorry but I want to keep my job. Next time you are in a hurry, why not just tell her you're in a hurry? You don't have to be a total jerk about it. We don't bite ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just give a wink and shush and say, "No thanks." ;)

[quote name='Neku233']Surprised the Ad doesn't mention Pandora's Tower oh well then[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, a JRPG released at this point on the Wii (which is for all intents and purposes a dead system) is the definition of a niche game. Main reason why I have mine preordered, because it's a safe bet that they aren't going to print very many copies of that one.

[quote name='argyle']Not surprising, a JRPG released at this point on the Wii (which is for all intents and purposes a dead system) is the definition of a niche game. Main reason why I have mine preordered, because it's a safe bet that they aren't going to print very many copies of that one.[/QUOTE]
That is a good point I just paid mine off today

[quote name='Yggy87']I picked up X-COM when it was 29.99 the other day. Here's my conversation with the sales clerk.

Me: Do you have a sealed copy of X-COM for the PS3?
Clerk: Well, yes, we do. But we also have a used copy available. Would you like that instead?
Me: Hmm... Nope. I want the sealed copy.
Clerk: Are you sure? You can save up to $5 if you are a silver card member.
Me: No thank you, I'd rather get the new one.
Clerk: (Dejected) Well, okay. Would you like to purchase the warranty for this g-
Me: (Cutting her off) Just give me the fucking game.
Clerk: (Taken aback) O- Oh, sorry.

I don't know why I even bother with them. I'm pretty sure she cursed me out after I left the store, but fuck her.[/QUOTE]

a) I can guarantee this didn't really happen, (at least, not the swearing)

b) If it DID happen, then you're a huge ass. Three simple "No thank you" responses would have sufficed

So you're doomed either way. If you're pissed or frustrated with their sales pitches then really, don't bother like you said. Or contact their district manager, instead of cursing a woman who's likely on minimum wage.

[quote name='litepink']a) I can guarantee this didn't really happen, (at least, not the swearing)

b) If it DID happen, then you're a huge ass. Three simple "No thank you" responses would have sufficed

So you're doomed either way. If you're pissed or frustrated with their sales pitches then really, don't bother like you said. Or contact their district manager, instead of cursing a woman who's likely on minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah she was just doing her job. I find it annoying too but it's not a big deal to make a hissy fit about.

[quote name='Neku233']That is a good point I just paid mine off today[/QUOTE]

Paid mine off today as well and they said they have no idea when they will get their copies in. Hopefully this week though.

[quote name='Yggy87']I picked up X-COM when it was 29.99 the other day. Here's my conversation with the sales clerk.

Clerk: Well, yes, we do. But we also have a used copy available. Would you like that instead?
Clerk: (Dejected) Well, okay. Would you like to purchase the warranty for this g-

I don't know why I even bother with them. I'm pretty sure she cursed me out after I left the store, but fuck her.[/QUOTE]

I bet you tell the waiters and waitresses to go fuck themselves when they ask you if you want a refill too huh?

I think people strut on the internet because they know they'd lose some teeth if they talked to me like that in real life.

No joke. You're not cool, you look like a d-bag even on the internet.

I got nothing but nice things to say about my Gamestop people. Yes the company sucks but those guys work things out for me every time. Being nice to them has gotten me quite a few CEs/Limiteds/otherwise-sold-out items. I'm not nice to them to GET them but it has definitely worked to my advantage a couple of times.

End of the day, just remember that that person could be your mom, brother, father, sister, auntie, girlfriend. If you treat your family like that, you should be put down.

[quote name='KrisMKX']To keep there JOBS, they must go thru all that. Give them a break, the world didn't end for you did it? No wonder the human population consists of idiots.[/QUOTE]

yep the over entitled generation where if things dont got 110% my way BURN THE DAMN WORLD TO THE GROUND

yea fun times ahead.

So this basically turned into a discussion thread about Gamestop...

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I think people strut on the internet because they know they'd lose some teeth if they talked to me like that in real life.

I got nothing but nice things to say about my Gamestop people. Yes the company sucks but those guys work things out for me every time. Being nice to them has gotten me quite a few CEs/Limiteds/otherwise-sold-out items. I'm not nice to them to GET them but it has definitely worked to my advantage a couple of times.

End of the day, just remember that that person could be your mom, brother, father, sister, auntie, girlfriend. If you treat your family like that, you should be put down.[/QUOTE]

This. Completely. I've never had anything but good relationships with the Gamestop employees near wherever I've lived. When I hear these stories of how horrible the employees are to them, I can only imagine the type of person/customer he or she is in real life. I wouldn't go out of my way to make life easy for a jerk of a person, either.

Gamestop employees have to deal with SO much that's awful about retail. Forced to push a ton of different things on customers. Having their hours (I've heard) based off how many pre-orders they get. Having to deal with arrogant, entitled soccer moms and arrogant, entitled gamers, not to mention teenagers hanging around the store who rarely spend money. It's a perfect circle of retail hell.

Give these people a break.

all the times I've been to gamestop lately the employees have all been very nice and helpful, and haven't tried to sell me anything more than usual. I don't shop there as often anymore, but most every time I do it's a pleasant experience. But I guess haters gonna hate:bomb:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This. Completely. I've never had anything but good relationships with the Gamestop employees near wherever I've lived. When I hear these stories of how horrible the employees are to them, I can only imagine the type of person/customer he or she is in real life. I wouldn't go out of my way to make life easy for a jerk of a person, either.

Gamestop employees have to deal with SO much that's awful about retail. Forced to push a ton of different things on customers. Having their hours (I've heard) based off how many pre-orders they get. Having to deal with arrogant, entitled soccer moms and arrogant, entitled gamers, not to mention teenagers hanging around the store who rarely spend money. It's a perfect circle of retail hell.

Give these people a break.[/QUOTE]

And what you heard is right, they base off the hours on pre-orders and powerup pro percentages on qualified transactions. They want people who can get "numbers".

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Lol, you surprised? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, the same scenario seems to occur over and over again... One person makes a comment about how much Gamestop sucks only to be followed up by a flood of comments explaining why their policies are in place and how their Gamestop store has great employees. For the record, my Gamestop stores have great employees too, but this same discussion and points have been made so many times that it's tiresome to read this by now. I guess this is what happens when there's nothing interesting going on in the ad though. ;)

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']If this is a scam, then all of corporate America is a scam. Actually, I think that's pretty accurate. I approve.[/QUOTE]

That's a terrible example of bad GS customer service. Look at what you've done. You've rallied up support for the place.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']The sickest thing about Gamestop is they rake in billions of profits without even having to TRY and compete with amazon or best buy for sale prices

Its all about used games for them. Give 15 in "credit" to person A and B, then person B pays 54.99 for person A's used game. Thats 40 bucks in straight cash to gamestop

Its

A. A fucking scam
B. No excuse for them to gut games, have their stores smell like shit, have the most push and annoying customer service staff
C. Have "weekly deals" that seem like a giant middle finger to gamers[/QUOTE]

I don't work for Gamestop, nor do I have any friends that do. I personally love Gamestop. I shoot the shit about video games and be on my way. I seldom buy used games and when I do, I typically get them online because they're obscure games like Valkyrie Chronicles II (I collect retro games, I see this being a collectible.)

ANY WHO, this is what I don't get - Gamestop isn't pointing a gun to your head telling you trade in Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 for $6. You have a choice. If you think you can make more by selling said game on eBay, good luck. Also, have fun trying and dealing with the headache that is Craigslist; lowballers, meeting up with buyers and dealing with shady people (disclaimer - I use CL a lot.)

So, what's wrong with Gamestop? It's a place that's ALL video games. That's like a candy shop for a kid. Just the other day I got $40 for trading in Tomb Raider without a case, manual. I got $43 for Bioshock (My file for Bioshock had a bug where I couldn't save past a certain point). They had a promotion and I took advantage of it.

Anyway, I just don't get the hate associated with Gamestop. Yes, they push preorders on you - but if you've EVER worked retail (I vowed never to work retail again, that's how much I hated it) you're always pushing *something* - from credit cards to warranties - to your customers. If you're not, you get in trouble because your numbers are low.

All that being said, I'm seeing (see link below) Deus Ex for $7.49 on Gamestop. That's a damn fine price for an amazing game, IMO. Not sure where you're going to find a physical copy for cheaper.

Also, I've been screwed on pre order bonuses at Best Buy, Walmart before. Of the many new games I buy (at least 1 to 2 every eight weeks) I have never heard of anyone getting screwed over with their preorder bonus through GS. At least they get that right.

Anyway, I just think people think it's cool to hate on Gamestop. I'm sure there are dicks at every location, but the ones in the Chicagoland area all seem cool. And if they act like a jerk, I'm sure I treat their ass =D

Edit - added link http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-50cool,28zu0,1317e&cid=eml_10000856

You largely contribute to the reason why I hate people

[quote name='realskillz']You largely contribute to the reason why I hate people[/QUOTE]

Yeah she was just doing her job. If your not interested just say no. This exchange probably took 1 minute max? Calm down.

People like you need to just go die. Seriously, there is no reason to treat people in that manor, especially to someone who was just doing her job. Oh, by the way, grow the fuck up.

You should be mad because it is costing the developer money when you buy used, not because it took 30 seconds of your time.

[quote name='Vap']People like you need to just go die. Seriously, there is no reason to treat people in that manor, especially to someone who was just doing her job. Oh, by the way, grow the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

i agree he needs to grow up but saying he needs to die ? that doesnt make you look any better here, just sayin

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I think people strut on the internet because they know they'd lose some teeth if they talked to me like that in real life.

End of the day, just remember that that person could be your mom, brother, father, sister, auntie, girlfriend. If you treat your family like that, you should be put down.[/QUOTE]

This x 1,000,000. The internet has made a bunch of monitor tigers... They pull their sweaty, fat hands out of their Cheetos bags in their parents basements and say whatever they want. I'd like to see the internet go away for a few weeks and see what a beat down they'd get if they ever got out of the basement and said those things to people's faces.

[quote name='matrix9280']Gamestop employees are just following orders. Like the Nazis.[/QUOTE]

That doctor performing brain surgery is just following orders. Like the Nazis.

[quote name='jdangerc']Yeah I am sitting on $100 of gamestop credit, and cant use it on anything. Their used prices are crazy. They dont have price match or even the occational deals on new stuff. I think I am going to blow it on some figures online when they are available.[/QUOTE]

Put it toward a ps4

[quote name='JaylisJayP']When I hear these stories of how horrible the employees are to them, I can only imagine the type of person/customer he or she is in real life. I wouldn't go out of my way to make life easy for a jerk of a person, either.[/QUOTE]

Not to get in the actual argument, but automatically assuming that every complaint about horrible employees is because the customer him/herself is a jerk really makes you no better than any of them. Even the ones who really are jerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='abbabaab']Not to get in the actual argument, but automatically assuming that every complaint about horrible employees is because the customer him/herself is a jerk really makes you no better than any of them. Even the ones who really are jerks.[/QUOTE]

anyone working in retail can tell you customers are jerks 90% of the time

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']The sickest thing about Gamestop is they rake in billions of profits without even having to TRY and compete with amazon or best buy for sale prices

Its all about used games for them. Give 15 in "credit" to person A and B, then person B pays 54.99 for person A's used game. Thats 40 bucks in straight cash to gamestop

Its

A. A fucking scam
B. No excuse for them to gut games, have their stores smell like shit, have the most push and annoying customer service staff

It's not a "scam". It's a resale business. No one is under gun point to do business there.

Nothing is ever said about the money they LOSE on a lot of games. You can have a title rot on shelves and eventually be a huge loser there. Like the hundreds of copies of last year's Madden at every store. They paid for those... and they'll be lucky to get the money back. they also have this thing called... wait for it... OVER HEAD. They have stores, employees, utilities that have to be paid for. So god forbid a company makes a profit.

If you don't like their business model, then don't go there.

Its

A. A fucking scam

Can't wait for you to open your own national chain of stores! :whee:

I really look forward to;

A) Buying used games for 10% of what you pay for them

B) Basking in the odor of your store full of roses and fresh baked bread

C) Never having your employees try to sell me anything (you'll make a killing that way)

D) Shopping your weekly sales of brand new games and conosles that are $5

Let us know when you open! :whee:

I don't complain since, as a cheap bastard, I've taken advantage of a lot of offers.

GS gets some sales, I don't end up losing, we are both happy.

And the GS where I usually go to is next to a sweets shop so it always smells like candy. :p

[quote name='strait edge follower']and to the people complaining about gamestop they arent that bad lmao[/QUOTE]It's the whole non-gamer sucker price moves that's foul. Most soccer moms aren't going to know the greatest hits/platinum hits titles are $20-$30 MSRP new so there's no reason to spend $30-$45 for the GS used versions. It stands out like a sore thunb to see the red GH cases with $22, $25, $30 on them. And the GS rep tries to sell it to me that it's "an old game", "probably hard to find new" or "very popular" so that's why we convert them to used an increase the price. I just laugh & say since I can easily find some "old" GH/PH on walmart shelves I have no problem restocking GS shelves since the TIV's can be so outta wack.

Dat red chrome 360 controller. Unf. Too bad it's $54.99, that's pretty expensive when I've already got four working controllers.

[quote name='abbabaab']Not to get in the actual argument, but automatically assuming that every complaint about horrible employees is because the customer him/herself is a jerk really makes you no better than any of them. Even the ones who really are jerks.[/QUOTE]

So me just wondering, as I said "imagining" how much of a jerk these customers must be is just as bad as someone who is actually an open jerk to these employees in store?

OK. For someone who doesnt want to get into the argument yet did anyway, you sure put up a crappy one.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']So me just wondering, as I said "imagining" how much of a jerk these customers must be is just as bad as someone who is actually an open jerk to these employees in store?.[/QUOTE]

Yes, assuming that the customer is the one at fault whenever they have a problem does make you no better, because you're doing it to the ones that aren't at fault, too. And yes, that's exactly what you're doing, or else you sure picked some fine wording for somebody who's "just wondering:"

[quote name='JaylisJayP'] I've never had anything but good relationships with the Gamestop employees near wherever I've lived. When I hear these stories of how horrible the employees are to them, I can only imagine the type of person/customer he or she is in real life.[/QUOTE]

>"I've never had problems"
>as if one person's experience should be representative of everyone's
>"I can only imagine" what the customer's like if the employee was horrible to them
>implying that the customer is the horrible one

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I wouldn't go out of my way to make life easy for a jerk of a person, either.[/QUOTE]

>either
>as in that's what the employee was doing
>meaning that the customer is a jerk of a person

In fact, you just did it again:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']"imagining" how much of a jerk these customers must be[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']For someone who doesnt want to get into the argument yet did anyway[/QUOTE]

I did? Funny, I don't remember saying anything about how good or bad Gamestop itself is here...just how lame your attitude towards customers is.

90% of my experiences at GameStop have been positive. However, the other 10% of experiences have not only been negative, but REALLY negative. I've noticed that it depends upon the store, who's managing it and the type of employees that work there.

Before anyone starts to blame the consumer, let's all be honest and admit that there's a reason Gamestop has such a bad reputation. They bring it upon themselves and they do it consistently.

My last bad experience was when I tried to trade in three games in order to take advantage of the additional trade in credit, and the clerk refused to take one of them because it was still sealed. So I opened the game, and he still refused. He then went on to tell me that even if I left and came back, because he saw me open it, he couldn't accept it. His manager confirmed this and said that they could both get fired for it, even if I came back the next week with the same game. They couldn't even give me advice and say just go to a different Gamestop. Apparently I'm now on Gamestop's "Man trying to trade in Sealed Game watch list."

Therefore I had to go down the street to a different Gamestop in order to trade in my games. Luckily, that store was very nice and courteous, but then again, I had opened the game, so they're crazy rule didn't apply.

The funny thing is that the Gamestop employees are so afraid to lose their precious jobs. I've had several bad experiences, and you know the reason I don't make a formal complaint to Gamestop? The reason is because I never want them to lose their terrible jobs. Call me a bastard for wanting them to work at Gamestop for the rest of their lives, but I'm okay with it.

[quote name='Wolfman']90% of my experiences at GameStop have been positive. However, the other 10% of experiences have not only been negative, but REALLY negative. I've noticed that it depends upon the store, who's managing it and the type of employees that work there.

Before anyone starts to blame the consumer, let's all be honest and admit that there's a reason Gamestop has such a bad reputation. They bring it upon themselves and they do it consistently.

My last bad experience was when I tried to trade in three games in order to take advantage of the additional trade in credit, and the clerk refused to take one of them because it was still sealed. So I opened the game, and he still refused. He then went on to tell me that even if I left and came back, because he saw me open it, he couldn't accept it. His manager confirmed this and said that they could both get fired for it, even if I came back the next week with the same game. They couldn't even give me advice and say just go to a different Gamestop. Apparently I'm now on Gamestop's "Man trying to trade in Sealed Game watch list."

Therefore I had to go down the street to a different Gamestop in order to trade in my games. Luckily, that store was very nice and courteous, but then again, I had opened the game, so they're crazy rule didn't apply.

The funny thing is that the Gamestop employees are so afraid to lose their precious jobs. I've had several bad experiences, and you know the reason I don't make a formal complaint to Gamestop? The reason is because I never want them to lose their terrible jobs. Call me a bastard for wanting them to work at Gamestop for the rest of their lives, but I'm okay with it.[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't see the story about Memphis police setting up a sting operation and arresting GS employees for taking in stolen merchandise. Can't take sealed games unless you have the original receipt. It is a fire able offense. People steal stuff all the time from the big box stores and trade them in for cash.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/9107372/eight-gamestop-employees-arrested-on-theft-charges

Last edited by a moderator:
gamestop will be like this forever cause people are like fucking zombies just walking in to gamestop to buy games without care about prices and if the games are open or not... i have credit there and i wait for offers like ni no kuni that i paid $34 + free shipping for it and im saving for my ps4... but yeah, this will still like this until people actually use their fucking brains and compare the prices before buying someting from gamestop... people here sold the new tom raider for $17... fucking $17 for a game that cost $60... keep selling games like that one at gamestop and this will never end... damn...

about the gamestop employes, the are are only 2 guys that are fucking douchebags but the rest are very nice people... i have 3 gamestops near my house so the costumer service overall is very good...

[quote name='abbabaab']Yes, assuming that the customer is the one at fault whenever they have a problem does make you no better, because you're doing it to the ones that aren't at fault, too. And yes, that's exactly what you're doing, or else you sure picked some fine wording for somebody who's "just wondering:"

>"I've never had problems"
>as if one person's experience should be representative of everyone's
>"I can only imagine" what the customer's like if the employee was horrible to them
>implying that the customer is the horrible one

>either
>as in that's what the employee was doing
>meaning that the customer is a jerk of a person

In fact, you just did it again:

I did? Funny, I don't remember saying anything about how good or bad Gamestop itself is here...just how lame your attitude towards customers is.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Lets not create enemies out of each other. My words imply a blanket statement but my intention was more wondering on a case by case basis with the educated assumption that more often than not the customer is being difficult and/or entitled.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I guess you didn't see the story about Memphis police setting up a sting operation and arresting GS employees for taking in stolen merchandise. Can't take sealed games unless you have the original receipt. It is a fire able offense. People steal stuff all the time from the big box stores and trade them in for cash.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/9107372/eight-gamestop-employees-arrested-on-theft-charges[/QUOTE]

Nothing in that story mentions sealed games. It does mention collusion between the employees and the "theives." If a customer implies that a game is stolen, then I understand that the employee should avoid accepting trades from you. My sealed game was not stolen. I bought it new at Best Buy for 20 bucks, never opened it, and wanted to trade it in.

[quote name='Wolfman']90% of my experiences at GameStop have been positive. However, the other 10% of experiences have not only been negative, but REALLY negative. I've noticed that it depends upon the store, who's managing it and the type of employees that work there.

The funny thing is that the Gamestop employees are so afraid to lose their precious jobs. I've had several bad experiences, and you know the reason I don't make a formal complaint to Gamestop? The reason is because I never want them to lose their terrible jobs. Call me a bastard for wanting them to work at Gamestop for the rest of their lives, but I'm okay with it.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? So your bad experience at Gamestop is when the employees were following the rules? They were good employes. They followed the guidelines set by their company. It's a minimum wage job for fuck's sake it's already hard enough finding a job currently which means it's probably one of the few options they had available. God forbid the employees wanted to keep their jobs.

[quote name='Wolfman']Nothing in that story mentions sealed games. It does mention collusion between the employees and the "theives." If a customer implies that a game is stolen, then I understand that the employee should avoid accepting trades from you. My sealed game was not stolen. I bought it new at Best Buy for 20 bucks, never opened it, and wanted to trade it in.[/QUOTE]

At the GameStop I work at people steal games across the street at Walmart often; we can't let people trade in sealed games on a "case by case" basis. If it's sealed, we have to assume it's stolen. Sorry but it's for the best overall (even though it's inconvenient) Your sealed game may not have been stolen but as an employee, how would I know that? As a student majoring in CLJ I really don't want to jeopardize my future my taking in stolen property ;)

Trying to trade in a sealed game to GS is a rookie move. You don't get more credit if it's sealed, you only raise suspicions. even a clever thief would take the seal off first.

bread's done
Back