Gamestop B&M Gameboy Advance Games 75% off YMMV?

pksellers

CAGiversary!
Hi there everyone. Walked into my local Gamestop for the first time in a few weeks today and was told that all remaining Gameboy Advance games were 50% off plus the power up discount. Picked up quite a few, discount rang up automatically so hoping it's chain wide, not sure if this is a limited time thing or not. Most Gamestops around here don't carry many if any GBA games, so probably YMMV. Also, my apologies if posted already, searched but didn't see it. Happy hunting!

Edit: Others are reporting that the discount is now up to 75% off, have not confirmed myself.

Prices after discount and card:

Summon Night 2 - 3.59
Crash Bandicoot 2 - 4.49
Advance Wars - 2.69
Nightmare B4 Christmas - 3.14
Mario Party - 4.49
Mario & Luigi - 8.99
Super Robot Taisen - 3.59
Megaman battle network 3 white - 2.24
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue - 1.34
DBZ Taiketsu - 2.24
Gundam Seed - 2.24
CIMA The Enemy - 1.34
Dokapon - 2.24
F-Zero Gp Legend - 2.24
ChuChu Rocket - 1.79
Metroid Fusion - 5.84
Digimon racing - 2.24
Yggdra Union - 4.49
DBZ Buu's Fury - 4.49
Zoids Legacy - 1.79
Dr Mario/Puzz Lg - 5.84
Zelda I NES - 6.74
Power Rangers 2 pack - 4.49

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']The 75% off is automatic online as well.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? Only 11 are available for shipping...

It looks like the GS in the malls shipped out their GBA games to storefronts, so a word of advice to check there. I did pick out what was left at my local GS, and I may try some others soon.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - 1.35
Polarium - 1.13
Metroid Fusion - 2.93
Megaman Zero - 1.80
Megaman Battle Network 2 - 1.57
Dynasty Warriors Advance - .90cents
Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story - 2.25

[quote name='TMD121']It looks like the GS in the malls shipped out their GBA games to storefronts, so a word of advice to check there. I did pick out what was left at my local GS, and I may try some others soon.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - 1.35
Polarium - 1.13
Metroid Fusion - 2.93
Megaman Zero - 1.80
Megaman Battle Network 2 - 1.57
Dynasty Warriors Advance - .90cents
Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story - 2.25[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, the GS in a mall i went to yesterday said they had stuff shipped to them. They had a GIGANTIC box. Probably a couple thousand games...took me forever to go through it.

Still sad that most all of the Gamestops around me here in WA don't have more than Disney Channel related games...

[quote name='Gosha']Still sad that most all of the Gamestops around me here in WA don't have more than Disney Channel related games...[/QUOTE]
I don't even think we have that here in OR. Down here is Southern OR it appears that there are some stores that have SPs but no games what so ever. Very disappointing.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Picked up a bunch of GBA games for my brother who just got a GB Micro...and while I was digging in the box the guy working went to the back and grabbed 2 regular game boy games and asked if I wanted them for free....

Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Red. :)

Also, does anyone know if this includes systems as well?[/QUOTE]

from what I was told it does NOT work on systems :(

also some of these prices are still pretty damn high... I remember getting some gb/gbc games for ~$0.35

I'm looking at you Pokemon Red/Blue :)

Anyone want to help me out with games i might be missing from my collection that deserve to be there? I have all these,

Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Boktai: The Sun is in your Hands
Breath of Fire II
Capcom Classics Mini mix
Castlevania: Double Pack
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
Double Dragon Advance
Drill Dozer
Earth Worm Jim
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
F-Zero Gp Legend
F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Jet Grind Radio
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
Legend of Zelda A Link to the past + 4 Swords Adventure
Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
Lego Bionicle (Had this when I was younger and always loved it, Don’t Judge!)
Lunar Legend
Megaman & Bass
Megaman Battle Chip Challenge
Megaman Battle Network
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue
Mega Man Battle Network 3: White (Rockman EXE 3 in Japan)
Megaman Zero
Megaman Zero 2
Megaman Zero 3
Megaman Zero 4
Metal Slug Advance,Neo Geo AES port
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Namco Museum
Phantasy Star Collection
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Ruby
River City Ransom EX (remake of River City Ransom)
Riviera
Scurge: Hive
Shining Soul II
Sonic Advance 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Summon Night Swordcraft Story
Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Sword of Mana
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Tales of Phantasia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Konami)
Waro Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Wario Ware Twisted
Wolfenstein 3d
Yggdra Union
Zelda II The Adventure of Link
Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars
Game & Watch Gallery 4

Games I plan on picking up this weekend

Gunstar Super heroes
Legend of zelda NES classics
Shining Soul
Castlevania (NES)
Kirby Nightmare in dreamland
Pokemon Emerald
Broken Sword
Super puzzle fighter 2
Iridion II
Donkey Kong Country 2

I wish I could find Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, but that looks like that won't be happening (none available within 100 miles of me). When it was released, I had just bought it new. Me being stupid, I let a friend borrow the game... he lost the cartridge.

All I have now is the original box, no cartridge:( Sad part is he never even offered to re-pay me for losing it.

Nobody's found out yet if the systems are also 75% off? They were when the GB/GBC games/accessories were clearanced, and the store nearest me got cleaned out of the GBA/GBA SP systems just a couple of days ago according to the employees so I assume they must be also discounted.

LA/SoCal has already been cleared out for the most part.

If anyone is looking to trade, I'm looking for any of the Pokemon games and Ninja 5-0, also Final Fantasy 6 and NES Classic Super Mario Bros, maybe some others as well as GB/GBC games, mainly Resident Evil Gaiden, Shantae, Metroid 2, Megaman 3 4 5.

Here's what I've got to trade (all cart only in excellent condition, all 100% legit - no bootlegs and needless to say I expect the same):

Zelda Minish Cap
Riviera
Breath of Fire
Final Fantasy 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Sword of Mana
Lunar Legend
Megaman Zero 3
Megaman Zero 4
Klonoa
Klonoa 2
Mazes of Fate
Gradius Galaxies
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance

GB/GBC

Metal Gear Solid
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 3
Donkey Kong Country
Double Dragon
TMNT 3 Radical Rescue
Worms Armageddon
Harvest Moon
Sword of Hope
Final Fantasy Legend 2
Dragon Warrior 1 & 2
Mega Man

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I wish I could find Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, but that looks like that won't be happening (none available within 100 miles of me). When it was released, I had just bought it new. Me being stupid, I let a friend borrow the game... he lost the cartridge.

All I have now is the original box, no cartridge:( Sad part is he never even offered to re-pay me for losing it.[/QUOTE]

I feel u on that. Someone jacked sword of mana years ago. I did find 3 fire emblems (1 I purchase, 1 from a friend, and 1 when my bro got one) LOL we all got fire emblem when it was first released at best buy. I still have the box and booklet :)

Looks like most gamestop send the GBA games back to corp after the B2G2 deal. (Im glad I decided to get DBZ and Castlevania double pack, gunstar, signa star saga, super robo G1, and pokemon pinball)

The only games I found so far from gamestop during the 75% sale:
Rayman 10th (Rayman advance and Rayman 3)
Demikids light
Jackie chan (base on show?)
Dynasty Warriors advance????(Never play any DW games on any system)
Xevious Not sure but $.50 for a nes classic. Worth keeping?

Anyone know if these pickups are good?
I was looking for golden sun, but no luck:cry:

I haven't had any problems finding some good games using the website to check inventories for a handful of nearby stores (except for one store that was supposed to have some good games in stock, but in reality had no gba games at all).

@The Punisher - Rayman 10th anniversary should be really good if you like platformers. I couldn't find it, so I had to get the 2 games seperately. Jackie Chan is supposed to be a decent action game - IGN gave it a 7. I don't know anything about the other ones.

Wait, some of you guys have stores with GB/GBC games too? Wow. I swear all the stores in WA must have sent stock to stores outside of this state.

All of the good flips are probably Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon games, and it seems like those are gone. If you're looking for great third party games to play, this sale is really nice.

For anyone in the Middle Tennessee area:

All GBA games in the Nashville/Franklin/Brentwood district have been shipped to stores in Columbia, TN.

I was told by a Gamestop manager that they had to ship all the GBA stock in the district down there because GBA games apparently are selling really well in Columbia.

[quote name='shuffleair']Went to six Gamestops today and I saw a total of like 5 GBA games.[/QUOTE]

The online inventory checker is pretty accurate, no need to waste your time.

Went out today and picked up

Rivier
Robotech
Cima The Enemy
Yggdra Union
Polarium Advance
Rebelstar: Tactical Command
Mr Driller2
Zatch Bell (Loved that show)
Super Robot Taison: Original Generation
Summon Knight Swodcraft Story 1 & 2
Shaman King (a few different ones0
Gundom Seed
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Games :3

Whew, our total of games bought is 200+ (with very little doubles , most Rpgs doubled ). Its like the gold rush of GB/GBC sale all over again. Most all of Barbie/Nickelodeon/Disney/Pokemon games for the kids . Classics/Rpgs for me and the wife. Big Shout out to Straight Edge , saying the city GS were loaded . Had the wife look on her lunch breaks , jackpot ! :)

I got some games for my Game Boy Player, but the two games I wanted (Sword of Mana and Rayman 10th Anniversary) were no where to be found, despite both of them showing up as in stock for two different Gamestops near me. I guess I'll be going to Ebay route for them haha. Thank you, OP, for the heads up on this though!

Ok so I price checked systems, and the refurbs are not clearanced.:cry: Not sure on regular used gbas, sps etc.

They've been 75% off since Sunday, so almost a week, after the previous sales, pickings are slim. Next to no 1st party games anywhere within 100 miles of LA, but I did clean up a bit further at a couple of stores I targeted.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Omg. So confused. I see GBA, GBA SP, GBA Color SP. Is regular GBA a good pick?[/QUOTE]

You can check wikipedia for all the details, but here's what I know about the GBA models.

GBA - the original GBA; it has controls next to the screen.
- takes batteries (2 AA, I think)
- has a headphone jack
- plays GB, GBC, and GBA games
- has an extremely dark screen. You basically have to have the screen directly under a lamp to play it.

GBA-SP - this is the folding model, with the screen above the controls.
- has an internal battery, so if you buy one, make sure that you get a charger cable with it
- doesn't have a headphone jack. If you want to use headphones, you need to buy an adapter
- the screen is an improvement over the original. Most GBA-SPs are version AGS-001. They have a front-lit screen. Version AGS-101 has a back-lit screen, which is much better.

Gameboy Micro - this is the tiny model with the controls next to the screen.
- has an internal battery, so if you buy one, make sure that you get a charger cable with it
- has a headphone jack
- only plays GBA games
- has a bright, back-lit screen this is as nice or possibly nicer than the AGS-101, but it is tiny.

I'd recommend the models in this order:

1) GBA-SP AGS-101 or Gameboy Micro. If you want to play GB and GBC games and/or prefer a bigger screen, try to find an AGS-101. If you'd like a really small system and don't want to play GB or GBC games, try to find a Micro.

2) GBA-SP AGS-001

3) GBA

[quote name='Vap']Do the bootlegs work like the real games?[/QUOTE]

Check out the link in my sig for a CAG FAQ I wrote on how to identify bootleg GBA games.
Authentic GBA games have the words "200X Nintendo" printed in white on the circuit board just above the gold contacts where the game goes into the system. You can see it with a flashlight easily.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Omg. So confused. I see GBA, GBA SP, GBA Color SP. Is regular GBA a good pick?[/QUOTE]

You want the brighter GBA SP LCD models and not the backlit SP model. Forget about the original model, you can't see a thing on it.

The GBA SP LCD models only came in Pearl blue, Graphite gray and Pearl pink. Those are what you want.

Anything else like bright blue, 2 colored, black, red, etc are all the crappy reflective backlit models.

Just a heads up, if the systems aren't 75% off you are better off looking at Craigslist, my brother got a pristine GB Micro for 15 bucks the other day...and he didn't even get stabbed.

[quote name='chiwii']You can check wikipedia for all the details, but here's what I know about the GBA models.

GBA - the original GBA; it has controls next to the screen.
- takes batteries (2 AA, I think)
- has a headphone jack
- has an extremely dark screen. You basically have to have the screen directly under a lamp to play it.

GBA-SP - this is the folding model, with the screen above the controls.
- doesn't have a headphone jack. If you want to use headphones, you need to buy an adapter
- the screen is an improvement over the original. Most GBA-SPs are version AGS-001. They have a front-lit screen. Version AGS-101 has a back-lit screen, which is much better.

Gameboy Micro - this is the tiny model with the controls next to the screen.
- has a headphone jack
- only plays GBA games
- has a bright, back-lit screen this is as nice or possibly nicer than the AGS-101, but it is tiny.

I'd recommend the models in this order:

1) GBA-SP AGS-101 or Gameboy Micro. If you want to play GB and GBC games and/or prefer a bigger screen, try to find an AGS-101. If you'd like a really small system and don't want to play GB or GBC games, try to find a Micro.

2) GBA-SP AGS-001

3) GBA[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! :)

[quote name='Nephilim']Check out the link in my sig for a CAG FAQ I wrote on how to identify bootleg GBA games.
Authentic GBA games have the words "200X Nintendo" printed in white on the circuit board just above the gold contacts where the game goes into the system. You can see it with a flashlight easily.

You want the brighter GBA SP LCD models and not the backlit SP model. Forget about the original model, you can't see a thing on it.

The GBA SP LCD models only came in Pearl blue, Graphite gray and Pearl pink. Those are what you want.

Anything else like bright blue, 2 colored, black, red, etc are all the crappy reflective backlit models.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much! :)

...Off to eBay I go!

Got Drill Dozer today for $1.13....heard ti was a good game. Game Freak developed it, the same who did Pokemon....figure I can't go wrong for $1.13.

[quote name='karkyco']I hit the mother lode earlier today...will take pics and update list later.[/QUOTE]

Are you going to share?

All the stores I went to had their GBA games in a bag behind the counter. Not very helpful if you didnt scout out what you were looking for via the website.

Stores I went to either still had only 50% off (and a horrible selection) or nothing at all. Makes me a sad panda...

Went to the Roxbury NJ GS yesterday when it opened and the guy there was really nice and let us browse through the bags of GBA games they were going to shortly ship off to distro. Got 36 games for $55, filling up a nice bunch of boxes we've been sitting on for years.

[quote name='karkyco']I hit the mother lode earlier today...will take pics and update list later.[/QUOTE]

What did you get???

Was able to get the following for 75% off:

Sonic Advance 2
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Game and Watch Gallery 4
A Sound of Thunder
Altered Beast
R Type III
Wing Commander Prophecy
Sigma Star Saga

Tried to get whatever wasn't a kids licensed/disney game. Everything was really picked over though. I know people were going to flip them to amazon, but before they do I would be interested in buying a pokemon one off anyone, or really any other first party/good games.

[quote name='PJV9126']Was able to get the following for 75% off:

Sonic Advance 2
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Game and Watch Gallery 4
A Sound of Thunder
Altered Beast
R Type III
Wing Commander Prophecy
Sigma Star Saga

Tried to get whatever wasn't a kids licensed/disney game. Everything was really picked over though. I know people were going to flip them to amazon, but before they do I would be interested in buying a pokemon one off anyone, or really any other first party/good games.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, where did you go in New Hampshire? I'm still trying to figure out what stores sell GBA games still considering all the stores I call up say they don't sell them anymore (despite their website saying otherwise haha).

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Out of curiosity, where did you go in New Hampshire? I'm still trying to figure out what stores sell GBA games still considering all the stores I call up say they don't sell them anymore (despite their website saying otherwise haha).[/QUOTE]

I went to the ones in Manchester (not in the mall) and Derry as well. For the longest while I didn't think that they did either and then I remembered that they no longer have them in those spinning cases in the middle of the floor but in a glass case on the side of the counter or under the counter along with the cartridge only DS games.

funny story .. about the malls shipping out there GBA games . Was in the mall this weekend and figured why not look .. they had the case but it was bone dry .. I go ask the guy if they had any left like in a box or bin and he was like they were here yesterday .. He then goes ohhhhhh shit . He mumbles they never fixed the case , he thought that someone stole ALL the GBA games .. he looks like hes shitting eggrolls .. calls someone and finds out they shipped the games to a stand alone store .. he lets out a sigh .. and then rips one .. I laughed so hard ... He said sorry he gets gassy when he is stressed .. :) anywho I did get a couple of extra rpgs like Rivera , Yggdra Union , Summon Knight if anyones looking going to throw 'em on the list

[quote name='spacegundam0079']funny story .. about the malls shipping out there GBA games . Was in the mall this weekend and figured why not look .. they had the case but it was bone dry .. I go ask the guy if they had any left like in a box or bin and he was like they were here yesterday .. He then goes ohhhhhh shit . He mumbles they never fixed the case , he thought that someone stole ALL the GBA games .. he looks like hes shitting eggrolls .. calls someone and finds out they shipped the games to a stand alone store .. he lets out a sigh .. and then rips one .. I laughed so hard ... He said sorry he gets gassy when he is stressed .. :) anywho I did get a couple of extra rpgs like Rivera , Yggdra Union , Summon Knight if anyones looking going to throw 'em on the list[/QUOTE]

I am interested. Please CML or Check my post 3 above your's for the ones I bought.

Hit 5 GameStops today, two didn't have GBA games at all and the three that did have games didn't have anything I was interested in. I picked up some Mega Man game and Dynasty Warriors game for a couple bucks just to test the GameBoy player I picked up, which did end up working fine. I was pretty happy to find out that it plays my original GameBoy games. I fired up my copy of LoZ: Link's Awakening, and all my saves were there from years and years ago. Should be fun to revisit some of those games without taking out the old gray brick.

[quote name='blindinglights']Hit 5 GameStops today, two didn't have GBA games at all and the three that did have games didn't have anything I was interested in. I picked up some Mega Man game and Dynasty Warriors game for a couple bucks just to test the GameBoy player I picked up, which did end up working fine. I was pretty happy to find out that it plays my original GameBoy games. I fired up my copy of LoZ: Link's Awakening, and all my saves were there from years and years ago. Should be fun to revisit some of those games without taking out the old gray brick.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can play original game boy games on the Game Boy Player for Game Cube?!?!?

[quote name='skiizim']Are you going to share?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry. Been a bit busy and still have to clean the carts up, remove those damn stickers and whatnot. Then, sort the collection and pull out all the best copies of carts for myself and make a list of what's left. But I found one store that still had complete boxes for some games in the back. Not many but the highlights were golden sun 1 and 2 and breath of fire all complete and great shape. I also have a big zip lock full of loose carts.

Never found a Ninja 5-0, but I got just about everything else.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Out of curiosity, where did you go in New Hampshire? I'm still trying to figure out what stores sell GBA games still considering all the stores I call up say they don't sell them anymore (despite their website saying otherwise haha).[/QUOTE]

A couple of stores told me that's what they tell people, mostly because they don't want to deal with finding the games in the back or don't want to bother with pullmg thm out for whatever reason. So if I hear that excuse I would tell them the website indicates the store has the games, and I'd rather avoid having to complain to corporate/regional or district manager about it, hopefully that would get a better response. But, many stores have in fact shipped off their games to other stores or some central warehouse.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just a heads up, if the systems aren't 75% off you are better off looking at Craigslist, my brother got a pristine GB Micro for 15 bucks the other day...and he didn't even get stabbed.[/QUOTE]

Pics of the lack of stabbing or GTFO

bread's done
Back