Gamestop B&M Gameboy Advance Games 75% off YMMV?

pksellers

CAGiversary!
Hi there everyone. Walked into my local Gamestop for the first time in a few weeks today and was told that all remaining Gameboy Advance games were 50% off plus the power up discount. Picked up quite a few, discount rang up automatically so hoping it's chain wide, not sure if this is a limited time thing or not. Most Gamestops around here don't carry many if any GBA games, so probably YMMV. Also, my apologies if posted already, searched but didn't see it. Happy hunting!

Edit: Others are reporting that the discount is now up to 75% off, have not confirmed myself.

Prices after discount and card:

Summon Night 2 - 3.59
Crash Bandicoot 2 - 4.49
Advance Wars - 2.69
Nightmare B4 Christmas - 3.14
Mario Party - 4.49
Mario & Luigi - 8.99
Super Robot Taisen - 3.59
Megaman battle network 3 white - 2.24
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue - 1.34
DBZ Taiketsu - 2.24
Gundam Seed - 2.24
CIMA The Enemy - 1.34
Dokapon - 2.24
F-Zero Gp Legend - 2.24
ChuChu Rocket - 1.79
Metroid Fusion - 5.84
Digimon racing - 2.24
Yggdra Union - 4.49
DBZ Buu's Fury - 4.49
Zoids Legacy - 1.79
Dr Mario/Puzz Lg - 5.84
Zelda I NES - 6.74
Power Rangers 2 pack - 4.49

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 10 plus games for my kids today. Thanks. So far, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! and Drilldozer are the biggest hits.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So I ended up picking up a Gamecube with a gameboy player attached at a thrift store for 10 bucks. Any clue on where I can find the disc needed to boot the gameboy player? I called around to all of the local gaming places...[/QUOTE]

Try calling/contacting Nintendo. I don't think it's listed on their store anymore, but, apparently, people have still gotten Gameboy Player boot discs from them as recently as last fall. It might cost you more than your gc and player, though... I guess Nintendo charges $15 for the replacement disc.

[quote name='MR_E']Try calling/contacting Nintendo. I don't think it's listed on their store anymore, but, apparently, people have still gotten Gameboy Player boot discs from them as recently as last fall. It might cost you more than your gc and player, though... I guess Nintendo charges $15 for the replacement disc.[/QUOTE]

At 15 bucks you might as well search local gamestops to see if they have a GBP in stock, aren't they only 10 for the device and disk?

Heres the link: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/gamecube-game-boy-player/25425

Most of the stores I've gone to in the past few weeks that I know had GBA games before have removed them all from displays and now say they don't sell them anymore? At a couple of stores the employees told me they don't sell them anymore and the ones they had are in the back to be "mailed out"?

What is the point of GS having a clearance sale if they are just going to hide and/or refuse to sell the games?

[quote name='SKEETER']Most of the stores I've gone to in the past few weeks that I know had GBA games before have removed them all from displays and now say they don't sell them anymore? At a couple of stores the employees told me they don't sell them anymore and the ones they had are in the back to be "mailed out"?

What is the point of GS having a clearance sale if they are just going to hide and/or refuse to sell the games?[/QUOTE]

Depends on who you ask and it'll help if you go when the store opens (and it really slow). The one GS where we got a lot of games the guy brought them out for us to pick through and we were the first customers of the day. You can also ask for individual games repeatedly and they may bring them out to save them time of looking through the inventory system.

Don't know why they'd say no, easy preowned dollars imo.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']At 15 bucks you might as well search local gamestops to see if they have a GBP in stock, aren't they only 10 for the device and disk?

Heres the link: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/gamecube-game-boy-player/25425[/QUOTE]

I picked one of these up at my local Gamestop a few weeks ago, they had two in stock but no disks. Got a disk off ebay for $6 shipped.

I bought it hoping to take advantage of this 75% off deal, but now none of my local Gamestops have any GBA games.:bomb:

I managed to find a GS that was gracious enough to get their GBA games out from the stock room for me. :roll: Got some that were fair to middling.

A lot of them are caked with dirt in the connectors. Anyone have any tips for cleaning out the cartridges?

[quote name='SKEETER']I managed to find a GS that was gracious enough to get their GBA games out from the stock room for me. :roll: Got some that were fair to middling.

A lot of them are caked with dirt in the connectors. Anyone have any tips for cleaning out the cartridges?[/QUOTE]

Get anything good? I have just tried to buy whatever isn't licensed/looks unlicensed. And there are two ways to clean the contacts, I've been reading up on it lately as I wanna do it to some GBA carts and some N64 carts. You can buy a triwing screwdriver to pull them apart and properly clean them fully. The other way is to use a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol on it and then rub it over them to get some grime off...the rubbing alcohol will then dissolve and your good to go. I also know that using a Plastic eraser can work to clean them. Additionally I have read that using WD-40 works well but I am hesitant to use it since it will leave residue and that is hard to get out without the cart being apart. My guess is that a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol should be just fine. Although I did buy a triwing since I know eventually I'll need it to replace batteries.

[quote name='PJV9126']Get anything good? I have just tried to buy whatever isn't licensed/looks unlicensed. And there are two ways to clean the contacts, I've been reading up on it lately as I wanna do it to some GBA carts and some N64 carts. You can buy a triwing screwdriver to pull them apart and properly clean them fully. The other way is to use a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol on it and then rub it over them to get some grime off...the rubbing alcohol will then dissolve and your good to go. I also know that using a Plastic eraser can work to clean them. Additionally I have read that using WD-40 works well but I am hesitant to use it since it will leave residue and that is hard to get out without the cart being apart. My guess is that a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol should be just fine. Although I did buy a triwing since I know eventually I'll need it to replace batteries.[/QUOTE]

Notables were Sword of Mana (cracked), Dr. Mario/Puzzle League (also cracked), Kirby Nightmare in DreamLand (label torn off, chewed) lol.

I've used the q-tip/alcohol method for NES carts in the past! I wasn't sure if that was still an accepted method. I look into using a triwing too! Thanks for the advice!

I had to go to two Gamestops but I picked up the following for 75% off:

1) Mario Luigi Superstar Saga $5
2) Super Mario World $5
3) Sword of Mana $2.50
4) Riviera Promised Land $1.50
4) Lunar Legend $1.25
5) Tales of Phantasia $1.25
6) Gamecube Game Boy Player w/ disc $10

Everything was in good condition except the Super Mario Advance cartridge label was slightly faded. They had some other games that I passed on like F-Zero, a couple of Game and Watch Galleries, Baseball Advance, etc as well as couple more GCN Gameboy players with disc. I was going to buy it all and sell it but that seemed greedy to me.

[quote name='SpudimusPrime89']Does anyone know if this is still going on?[/QUOTE]

It is, the hard part is finding the games. I just bought 9 games yesterday for $16, unfortunately they really weren't anything great. The guy working there told me the games had been picked through a lot.

More strangeness. I've been trying my luck at GS stores miles away from me. Three out of four stores I went to said that they had to remove the GBA games from display because they were being stolen from the cabinets. Weird that they're having this problem NOW when the games cost almost nothing lol. The prices are practically a steal but now they literally are!

Is the PUR card now 10% off the discounted game, instead of the base price of the game.

Before when it was the EDGE card, I thought it was 10% off the base price, no matter another other discounts, so 75% off and EDGE became 85% off.

Now, I'm noticing it's 10% off the discounted game, so 75% and PUR becomes 77.5% off.

Did this change recently or something?

bread's done
Back