Gamestop B2G1: 5/16 - 5/23 (online only)

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

Promo code: MAY2G1

And before anyone asks, it's only for used/pre-owned games that are in-stock.

---

Also, YMMV, but you may be able to stack MAY2G1, CAG16, FREESHIPORDER20, and EDGE/PU. No error codes come up. We'll see when the sale starts tomorrow.

Sale is active. The codes can all be entered together, but MAY2G1 is disabled when any other codes are entered. Shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw it. Just rolled the dice and bought 6 FF13 3 on each platform to use up my credit and flip at Best Buy. Thx OP.

The online only part kills the deal until GameStop stops throwing away packaging to games and puts some sort of quality control on traded in disc media instead of running everything through a re-surfacer as long as its "playable."

Until then, Amazon, GoHastings, and eBay are all much safer bets.

[quote name='Abeja']Screw it. Just rolled the dice and bought 6 FF13 3 on each platform to use up my credit and flip at Best Buy. Thx OP.[/QUOTE]

how much are you gambling here?

[quote name='Abeja']Screw it. Just rolled the dice and bought 6 FF13 3 on each platform to use up my credit and flip at Best Buy. Thx OP.[/QUOTE]

You had better pray you get complete copies or are lucky enough to exchange them in different stores. Best Buy only accepts complete copies so I have a feeling your grand plan will not work out well.

[quote name='sadakou']The online only part kills the deal until GameStop stops throwing away packaging to games and puts some sort of quality control on traded in disc media instead of running everything through a re-surfacer as long as its "playable."

Until then, Amazon, GoHastings, and eBay are all much safer bets.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much anywhere would be, but don't forget gamefly.

You had better pray you get complete copies or are lucky enough to exchange them in different stores. Best Buy only accepts complete copies so I have a feeling your grand plan will not work out well.

BB takes disc only now in store.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Is there a way to get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

They smartened up their system I see....nope, no way around to get free shipping, tried everything. Inserting the code and taking it off and inputting the other codes, SAVER, VSHIP, and the other one floating around dont work.

PS. Just bought a bunch of rock band 3s for ps3 to flip for my infamous special edition...lol, enjoy

Had $70 in GS Credit and wanted to covert to BB/Amazon so bought 3x FF13 (17.99) and 3x Sports Champions (14.99) and total came to $71.60 after PUR discount and S/H. Locked in my BB trade at $120 for a decent flip. Should get them in time as value shipping has also been fast for me. If any show up incomplete/bad shape ill just trade them into the my local BB store as most of the time they don't even look at the disc.

I would be tempted to jump on this if I wasn't caught up in this la noire thing. I don't care much about the game being complete but it does bother me how they sell you games that show up in the kind of condition that would make the store not accept it

[quote name='shiftymcneely']You had better pray you get complete copies or are lucky enough to exchange them in different stores. Best Buy only accepts complete copies so I have a feeling your grand plan will not work out well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ive traded incomplete and Not For Resale games. Its been changed at Best Buy.

Now to decide if I want to keep my LA Noire preorder.

[quote name='CaoPi']how much are you gambling here?[/QUOTE]

Well nothing really, Im just gambling that the TIV holds and the order gets here in time. I would like to do it instore but may wait.

I'm in such a gaming rut I don't think I can come up with 3 games I want to play right now. Can't seem to get into anything at the moment.

Still might pick up some trashy cheap games though.

[quote name='Ultragamer']yeah I'm in to transfer some credit to bestbuy, even after shipping it's still worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, now Im not sure If I want to cancel my LA Noire preorder at Gamestop and try to transfer the credit as well as order it off Amazon or wait. Wish Id gotten in on the Best Buy mistake.

[quote name='biledriver']I'm in such a gaming rut I don't think I can come up with 3 games I want to play right now. Can't seem to get into anything at the moment.

Still might pick up some trashy cheap games though.[/QUOTE]

I might still place an order for Fallout NV and Bayonetta. Not really sure about a third. Might go with FF13

[quote name='sadakou']The online only part kills the deal until GameStop stops throwing away packaging to games and puts some sort of quality control on traded in disc media instead of running everything through a re-surfacer as long as its "playable."

Until then, Amazon, GoHastings, and eBay are all much safer bets.[/QUOTE]

Is it pretty universal that they let you trade in and switch them at B&M Gamestops if they are in bad condition? I mean, I have an awful lot of GS's around me, and there is actually one store that is run really well and most of the used games actually are in really good shape.

I'm sure I'd be able to find good copies, if the only hurdle is to be able to find a B&M store with the game.

[quote name='Abeja']Yep, now Im not sure If I want to cancel my LA Noire preorder at Gamestop and try to transfer the credit as well as order it off Amazon or wait. Wish Id gotten in on the Best Buy mistake.[/QUOTE]

I say go with bestbuy if you have credit there already. Even with the $15 GC and $10 Rewards Certificate you're looking at $25 off at release if you use credit on it you already have. Otherwise use your Gamestop credit on it. Whichever path leads to less money out of pocket is what I go with personally.

[quote name='Ultragamer']I say go with bestbuy if you have credit there already. Even with the $15 GC and $10 Rewards Certificate you're looking at $25 off at release if you use credit on it you already have. Otherwise use your Gamestop credit on it. Whichever path leads to less money out of pocket is what I go with personally.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I might actually go with Best Buy and get the 10 RZ cert down the road. But I have to preorder it right?

Im also not sure if I want to change platforms and get the PS3 version. I think im going to and get the extra content and no disc swapping.

[quote name='Abeja']

I might still place an order for Fallout NV and Bayonetta. Not really sure about a third. Might go with FF13[/QUOTE]

You ever play Darksiders? I finished Bayonetta and Darksiders one after the other when they came out and really enjoyed both in different ways.

[quote name='biledriver']You ever play Darksiders? I finished Bayonetta and Darksiders one after the other when they came out and really enjoyed both in different ways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did. I grabbed Bayonetta and Darksiders at Toysrus and really enjoyed both of them. They were two games that really came out of nowhere and I ended up getting alot out of. Id have to say tho that I enjoyed Bayonetta more. Actually just traded a copy of Darksiders in to GS that I grabbed from BBV and finished up.

Spent $40 on 9 games I've always wanted to try. They all hit the right price point for me, I guess. ;)

Risky. The trade-in value might go down by the time you get your games.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I did. I grabbed Bayonetta and Darksiders at Toysrus and really enjoyed both of them. They were two games that really came out of nowhere and I ended up getting alot out of. Id have to say tho that I enjoyed Bayonetta more. Actually just traded a copy of Darksiders in to GS that I grabbed from BBV and finished up.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Bayonetta from Gamestaq for $6 and some change with the free shipping code they had on Mother's day. I'm excited to give it a shot.

It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do, but I got two copies of MLB 2k11 for Wii and one copy of Portal 2. Mostly for flipping, but I'll try to get some Portal 2 playtime in first ;) I just wish I had a Delaware address to send it to so I wouldn't have to pay tax online. That extra 6 bucks is a deal killer.

[quote name='chuckywang']Risky. The trade-in value might go down by the time you get your games.[/QUOTE]

I locked it in on the website, if worse comes to worse, Ill just return the games to Gamestop and get the credit back when I pick up LA Noire. I think the package is gonna be here Wednesday since I did overnight shipping.

[quote name='chingychink2005']They smartened up their system I see....nope, no way around to get free shipping, tried everything. Inserting the code and taking it off and inputting the other codes, SAVER, VSHIP, and the other one floating around dont work.

PS. Just bought a bunch of rock band 3s for ps3 to flip for my infamous special edition...lol, enjoy[/QUOTE]

hopefully you locked in the price from before cuz tiv dropped to 9 for those.

HAWX 2 for PS3 same TIV FYI

if they had the free shipping like they had it for as long as i can remember (over $25 or whatever for free shipping) i'd order some things, but tax + shipping kinda kills the deal for me.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']if they had the free shipping like they had it for as long as i can remember (over $25 or whatever for free shipping) i'd order some things, but tax + shipping kinda kills the deal for me.[/QUOTE]

This, ill just wait for an instore version. Only things i really wanted were Demon Souls and SSF4.

Unless I'm missing a big flip opportunity this is a bleh sale. My store always has a great selection of complete games... online is super hit or miss (with the added bonus of a shipping cost).

Please post any flip opportunities you see :D it's the only reason I shop at GS anymore.

Yeah. I just got my PU rewards to stack with the B2G1 discount. My account already had the PUR applied so then I put 3 copies of FF13 into my account and inputted MAy2G1. It then took off the PUR. I have gone through all the checkout procedures except for completing it and it is coming up as
Before Discounts: $17.99
Discounts: -$21.59
Subtotal: $32.38
Estimated Tax: $4.57
Handling: $6.99 (2 day)
Total: $43.94.
I'm thinking of flipping this to bestbuy for a $60 GC. What is the likelihood that it will get here on time and in good condition? Can I just go with 3 day or standard shipping instead?
Before Discounts: $17.99 Discounts: -$21.59 Subtotal: $32.38 Estimated Tax: $4.57 Handling: $6.99 Total: $43.94

[quote name='DerClaw']Is it pretty universal that they let you trade in and switch them at B&M Gamestops if they are in bad condition? I mean, I have an awful lot of GS's around me, and there is actually one store that is run really well and most of the used games actually are in really good shape.

I'm sure I'd be able to find good copies, if the only hurdle is to be able to find a B&M store with the game.[/QUOTE]

i have yet to find a store that would do this. about 6 months ago i ordered a used copy of jeanne d'arc :psp:, only to receive a disc-only (of course) copy of the DEMO. erg. so i email customer service, they send a replacement, expedited shipping, etc... i'm satisfied. then oops, it's another copy of the demo. this time i'm a little upset. call customer service. guy on the phone is less than helpful. tells me they can't send another replacement so i should try local stores. i use the stock tracker and check the 3 stores within ~25 miles that have it in stock... 1 doesn't actually have it, the other two tell me they can't help me because i ordered it online. :bomb: by this time 2 weeks have passed since i placed the original order and my patience is wearing thin. call customer service again. explain the situation, including the d-bag i got the last time i called, and ask why it's so much to ask for the guy in the warehouse to take a peek at the disc before he drops it in the envelope. this time i actually get an operator with a soul who tells me that he'll send out a replacement, but that if it doesn't work this time i'll have to send all three copies back so they can issue a refund and start over... but since i bought it in a b2g1 and used a $10 coupon from a previous purchase, i knew that would be a massive cluster fuck. luckily things finally worked out though... third time really is a charm i suppose.

tl;dr - gamestop sucks and i wouldn't expect any favors.

So they charge shipping now even on orders $25 or more? If so I wont buy from the website anymore, not that I do much anyway.

They raised the almost 90% of the games prices for this 'sale'. Gohastings is so much better.. the 20% off sale lasts until the 21st

[quote name='itsyobday']They raised the almost 90% of the games prices for this 'sale'. Gohastings is so much better.. the 20% off sale lasts until the 21st[/QUOTE]

I've never bought anything from Gohastings before, do their games usually come with the case/manual and in good condition, or are they fucked like Gamestop's?

I can't buy anything from Gamestop online anymore...I need at least cover art. I can deal without the manual for my personal collection but I can't deal with the generic crap cases anymore, lol.

How long does it usually take for the Pro Powerup rewards thing to activate after you upgrade in store? I'd like to have my pro account before I order, but if it takes too long, I might miss out on the games I want...

I don't know why but I rolled the dice on this. Got Portal 2, SM: Shattered Dimensions, and Heavy Rain. Lets see what type of shape there in. Come on lady luck!!

[quote name='Cheap_Bastard']Yeah. I just got my PU rewards to stack with the B2G1 discount. My account already had the PUR applied so then I put 3 copies of FF13 into my account and inputted MAy2G1. It then took off the PUR. I have gone through all the checkout procedures except for completing it and it is coming up as
Before Discounts: $17.99
Discounts: -$21.59
Subtotal: $32.38
Estimated Tax: $4.57
Handling: $6.99 (2 day)
Total: $43.94.
I'm thinking of flipping this to bestbuy for a $60 GC. What is the likelihood that it will get here on time and in good condition? Can I just go with 3 day or standard shipping instead?
Before Discounts: $17.99 Discounts: -$21.59 Subtotal: $32.38 Estimated Tax: $4.57 Handling: $6.99 Total: $43.94[/QUOTE]

I've ordered games before on Monday Mornings with saver shipping and got them as soon as Wednesday. So it might be worth a shot for that. AS far as condition I've always received complete games from them as far as PS3 Xbox 360,DS is concerned

OMG. You guys bought all the copies of FF13!!!! It said "Add to Cart" when I searched and then when I clicked, it said no longer available. :(

I understand a couple dollars off is better than nothing... but Gamestop.com's shipping is only $2.99 for up to $75 for super saver shipping. That's really as cheap as you're going to find anywhere. For flipping you might want to get 2 or 3-day just in case (I felt like being extra cheap and got super saver anyway). But for those complaining about the lack of free shipping, is $3 really a deal-killer? Most people will use 3/4 of a gallon of gas just going to stores anyway.

[quote name='houdinilogic']i have yet to find a store that would do this. about 6 months ago i ordered a used copy of jeanne d'arc :psp:, only to receive a disc-only (of course) copy of the DEMO. erg. so i email customer service, they send a replacement, expedited shipping, etc... i'm satisfied. then oops, it's another copy of the demo. this time i'm a little upset. call customer service. guy on the phone is less than helpful. tells me they can't send another replacement so i should try local stores. i use the stock tracker and check the 3 stores within ~25 miles that have it in stock... 1 doesn't actually have it, the other two tell me they can't help me because i ordered it online. :bomb: by this time 2 weeks have passed since i placed the original order and my patience is wearing thin. call customer service again. explain the situation, including the d-bag i got the last time i called, and ask why it's so much to ask for the guy in the warehouse to take a peek at the disc before he drops it in the envelope. this time i actually get an operator with a soul who tells me that he'll send out a replacement, but that if it doesn't work this time i'll have to send all three copies back so they can issue a refund and start over... but since i bought it in a b2g1 and used a $10 coupon from a previous purchase, i knew that would be a massive cluster fuck. luckily things finally worked out though... third time really is a charm i suppose.

tl;dr - gamestop sucks and i wouldn't expect any favors.[/QUOTE]

God, that sounds awful. I'll probably pass on the GS website, then, and wait for instore only (unless it's a pretty epic flip). Sorry that that was such a pain for you (though I do wonder where the GS is that's apparently letting people trade in demos for full value -- what the heck?)

Almost pulled the trigger on three $24.99 games, but I just couldn't do it. I really only want Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but I have a 20% off b-day coupon from GS that I'll probably end up using before the month is over.

bread's done
Back