Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
Positive experience from my end. I've ordered a few games from them recently and all have arrived quickly and with full packaging.

However, I ordered Uncharted recently and although the disk looks great my PS3 will not recognize the game. Gonna have to trade it in for another copy. Weird. I thought PS3 games were more reliable.

I still can't get the code to work. I thought it would maybe work for me at 3:00pm because it would officially be 11/25 on the west coast. Still no luck. I finna go to sleep and try my luck in the morning. There's just 3 cheap 17.99 and 14.99 games I want and they aren't available near me so I have to try to order them online.

[quote name='myl0r']Finally figured out what I'm picking up tomorrow
Assassin's Creed 2(picked up today, doing a return/rebuy tomorrow)
Batman AA
Hopefully L4D2 or New Mario, otherwise ?????

Oblivion GOTY
Ghostbusters
Bourne Conspiracy

Mirror's Edge
Sonic UGC
Prince of Persia

Total-~$180 in store credit :)
Should give me a good $20 or $30 left over in store credit. To buy 3 more CHEAP games? Or put it towards Mass Effect 2 CE?[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend leaving Bourne Conspiracy behind, as it sucks BIG TIME.

...And knowing is half the battle.

I bought online. got the following for 43 (after tax)

Kingdom hearts: chain of memories - ps2
ar tonelico 2 - ps2
last remnant - 360

All 3 were big wants and the price seemed right, averaging around 14 a pop.

Well i currently have 2 windows open. One window has the code working. The other windows does not work but if i change the games to those in window 1, it works.

Conclusion: Seems that some games dont work for some reason. My guess is they are not part of the deal of there is some sort of error in their tags. All games were used ps2 and 360 games.

Got six games -- Dead Space, RS: Vegas 2, Mirror's Edge, Hitman BM, Assassin's Creed, Banjo K: N&B

Had to do two separate orders because their site is too stupid to group the items, and takes the LOWEST priced games off, not "every third" going down in price. In-store the register does it correctly.

And apparently SAVER doesn't stack, but they have free "value" shipping by default, but only if the order is over $25? Sorry if this is all old news, but I haven't ordered from GS in a long long time. Ugh. At least we get cases and manuals now.

[quote name='postermen']That only shows 26 games. I know some store near me has a Phantasy Star 0, Nostalgia, and Kingdom Hearts[/QUOTE]

Click this button at the bottom of the page:

btn_search_bo_show.gif

[quote name='dchrisd']

However, I ordered Uncharted recently and although the disk looks great my PS3 will not recognize the game. Gonna have to trade it in for another copy. Weird. I thought PS3 games were more reliable.[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thing happen to me with Uncharted. I bought it used at a local Gamestop and brought it home, put it in the PS3 and it would never get past the very first loading screen when you select the game.. just a never ending spinning gold coin of death. Took it to a friend's house and it did the same thing. Disc was in perfect condition. Went back the next day and exchanged it and the next copy worked perfectly.

Kingdom Hearts, Dark Cloud 2 and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. With my luck I will get these games when my 360 comes back from TX.

Picked up 9 games online to fill holes in my collection... As everyone else has stated this only stacks with an EDGE card and nothing else... SAVER is not really needed as Gamestop.com offers free s/h for orders over $25 and you should split your order if you want it to group your items correctly...

[quote name='MikeydCT']what shipping method do you pick for the free shipping code?[/QUOTE]

No code needed if it's over $25, just pick "value" (it'll say $0).

For anyone that's in need of accessories, B2G1FREE appears to currently work on some (all?) of them. I tried it out on used controllers, xbox360 hard drives, etc. I haven't been able to find any way to hilariously exploit this and I think most of their used accessories are overpriced anyways, but nonetheless there it is.

For that matter, maybe someone's already mentioned this. I probably should've searched.

[quote name='postermen']That only shows 26 games. I know some store near me has a Phantasy Star 0, Nostalgia, and Kingdom Hearts[/QUOTE]

Are you really that dumb dude...I already did like half the work. All you have to do is click next on the bottom of the screen ~_~

[quote name='Squarehard']Are you really that dumb dude...I already did like half the work. All you have to do is click next on the bottom of the screen ~_~[/QUOTE]

i'm that dumb b/c there is no next at the bottom of the screen :lol:..only shows 23 titles

j/k man, thanks for doing the legwork at least!!

[quote name='token2k6']i'm that dumb b/c there is no next at the bottom of the screen :lol:..only shows 23 titles

j/k man, thanks for doing the legwork at least!![/QUOTE]

:wall:

[quote name='Squarehard']Are you really that dumb dude...I already did like half the work. All you have to do is click next on the bottom of the screen ~_~[/QUOTE]

He would not be seeing a "next" link because he had not yet clicked this button at the bottom of the page:

btn_search_bo_show.gif

[quote name='DJP519']Has anyone been out to a store yet this morning to confirm this has gone live in stores?[/QUOTE]

West coast here, wish I could confirm T___T

It has been a while since I used the website. The show backordered button was never there before, and would therefore have been the answer to my question. However, I am still unable to get a used copy of games like Phantasy Star 0, Nostalgia, or Kingdom hearts to show up.

Just called 3 stores, all greeted w/ "Thanks for calling GS, where you can buy 2 get 1 free on used"

So I'd say its live in stores..

Last night, the coupon didn't work, actually fell asleep in front of the computer...

Today, the games are no longer there (online) and the site is Slooooooooooow...

Anyhow I was about to make a purchase and almost forgot to add the coupon code!

I hope you all find what you are looking for...

[quote name='DJP519']Has anyone been out to a store yet this morning to confirm this has gone live in stores?[/QUOTE]

confirmed outside of Philadelphia (Havertown, to be exact). There was a sign on the front door and I picked up:

Yoshi's Island DS
Jaws Unleashed PS2
Lost Planet 360

[quote name='postermen']It has been a while since I used the website. The show backordered button was never there before, and would therefore have been the answer to my question. However, I am still unable to get a used copy of games like Phantasy Star 0, Nostalgia, or Kingdom hearts to show up.[/QUOTE]

If you want Nostalgia, it dropped to $20 at Fry's, thats if you have a Fry's near you.

[quote name='pwnthee']I would highly recommend leaving Bourne Conspiracy behind, as it sucks BIG TIME.

...And knowing is half the battle.[/QUOTE]

I played a portion of it and I have to say it wasn't that bad. Would say it is an okay game. Unless something goes very wrong at the end of it ?

Went to two separate stores this morning, the deal is live.

Also managed to return 3 games I had purchased last week only to rebuy them...did get the evil eye followed by employees trying to find a way to charge tax on my credit purchase. Awkward.

Manage to score: Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time, WWE 2010, Modern Warfare 2, Borderlands. :D

Thanks for the confirms, I'll run out at lunch to return/rebuy MW2, along with RB Beatles, and... something else, debating a few options. But thanks for confirming it's live!

has anyone been to the stores, I assume its just the b2g1 free and none of the BF deals, like the 40 GBA or the deal on the DS system?

just picked up L4D2, forza 3, demon souls, rachet and clank, borderlands, dragon age, ninja gaiden 2, halo odst, modern warfare 2. all at 2 stores.

has anyone been to the stores, I assume its just the b2g1 free and none of the BF deals, like the 40 GBA or the deal on the DS system?

asked a mgr about it he said friday. GS around me is opening at 3am i dont know about others.

[quote name='dracula']has anyone been to the stores, I assume its just the b2g1 free and none of the BF deals, like the 40 GBA or the deal on the DS system?[/QUOTE]

Only B2G1 is currently live. The rest youll have to wait ;P

Sweet. :D I just picked up Okami (PS2) House of the Dead: Overkill, and Bioshock (360) for $12 each with the 33% off. ^_^

Also... My Gamestop has a used Guncon for PS3 for $20... Should I pick it up during the B2G1?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']
Also... My Gamestop has a used Guncon for PS3 for $20... Should I pick it up during the B2G1?[/QUOTE]

I guess that all depends if you actually have other things to pick up with it :D

But used Guncon normally are traded in because, well...they broke. Stupid Guncons ~_~

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']
Also... My Gamestop has a used Guncon for PS3 for $20... Should I pick it up during the B2G1?[/QUOTE]

idk, seems steep, I bet you could find the complete package w/ the game for $20 some places (maybe even bargain CAGer's) plus don't you have to have an old school TV?? If you're running HDMI this will not work (?)

[quote name='token2k6']idk, seems steep, I bet you could find the complete package w/ the game for $20 some places (maybe even bargain CAGer's) plus don't you have to have an old school TV?? If you're running HDMI this will not work (?)[/QUOTE]

It was $20 with the bundle at Fry's for awhile, and that was when you could find them. Nots its like $6, but probably will be out of luck finding it now :D

Just got back from Gamestop. B2G1 is in effect and was advertised throughout the store. I picked up Sacred 2, Limited RE 5, and Resistance 2. Good deal.

with the case and manuel guaranteed and free shipping looks like for the first time ever i'm going to order from gamestop online.

Man with this and amazon deals and stuff i really need to stay away from CAG.

[quote name='TheRoadHead']with the case and manuel guaranteed and free shipping looks like for the first time ever i'm going to order from gamestop online.

Man with this and amazon deals and stuff i really need to stay away from CAG.[/QUOTE]

We all know thats not going to happen :D

Just picked up:

Beatles:RB 49.99 [FREE]
NHL 10 54.99
Borderlands 54.99

Came to 98.98 after EDGE.

All for 360. Was hoping to score L4D2, but I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open this week and hope they let me exchange the borderlands if they have it in stock.

Might go back and pick up Blazblue, Call of Juarez 2 and SW:TFU Ult.Sith Edition (all for 360).

[quote name='token2k6']idk, seems steep, I bet you could find the complete package w/ the game for $20 some places (maybe even bargain CAGer's) plus don't you have to have an old school TV?? If you're running HDMI this will not work (?)[/QUOTE]
I REALLY don't know about that- it seems like this game is really hard to find with the Guncon. I'm looking at a bid that has four days left and is already up to $32. o_O; In all honesty, I probably wouldn't buy the Guncon to keep it... I would want it to sell it. XP

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just picked up:
The Godfather
Golden Axe
L4D1

All for $40, I am now officially done with all my xmas shopping! :D[/QUOTE]

Please tell me that Golden axe is a gag gift or for a mortal enemy.

I picked up Uncharted 2, Borderlands, and Dragon Age today. I'll be on the lookout for Assassin's Creed II this week. There are 3 GS within 5 miles of me and I've called them everyday tring to find it. It's not looking good for getting that.

just picked up

Borderlands(xbox360) $54.99
smackdown Vs Raw (ps3)$54.99
PS3 dualshock 3 controller free
Uncharted 1 $26.99
Godfather 2 (ps3) $26.99
MGS4 free

love the buy 2 get 1 free deals and it stack with the edge card so i also got 10% off the used games with it =)

Got lucky

Borderlands
Batman AA
Assassins Creed 2

The website said 2 stores kind of close to me had it, so I called them. The first one had it and I was about to ask if they could hold it, she was all bitchy and said they couldn't hold it for me. WTF?

The other store said no problem. Never had a problem with a store holding something for me before.

Also good thing I opened the cases to check out the games because Assassins creed 1 was in the case. Make sure you check the games before you leave the store!

For those of us on the West Coast... the deal was live last night around 7:30pm at 2 of the 3 GS's I went to. They already had all the signage up and although the computers wouldn't let the cashier's do the promo, they manually had to override the computer.

bread's done
Back