Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
When doing a return/rebuy, do I just tell them that I want to return these 3 games and then buy 2 of them with the new one? Or do I just need to tell them I want to do an "exchange" of one game for another?

Or do I not tell them the plan and just return them, AND THEN tell them what I want to do.

Anyone have suggestions?

I was awfully lucky and found mint, complete copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Uncharted 2. I had a bunch of credit saved up from prior BBV/GS flips, so I didn't spend a dime!

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (practically the only copy in the DC metro area)
Dead Space
Valkyria Chornicles

$40 total after tax and had a $13 credit so $27 out the door...I'm pretty happy

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Picked up Brutal Legend/Borderlands/Halo 3: ODST for 120.70 after tax... that comes to about $40 each... :/ I might return them since it was an impulse buy...[/QUOTE]

Do you not have an edge card? I picked up 3 games that are the same price, and paid $103 after taxes. I'm just curious how you paid that much more.

[quote name='pwnthee']I would highly recommend leaving Bourne Conspiracy behind, as it sucks BIG TIME.

...And knowing is half the battle.[/QUOTE]

Bourne is quite a fun play.

Serious ass kicking and not having to worry about trophies or whatever for $11 is good to me.

[quote name='jza1218']Do you not have an edge card? I picked up 3 games that are the same price, and paid $103 after taxes. I'm just curious how you paid that much more.[/QUOTE]

Besides probably not having EDGE, seems he is in California.

[quote name='Anti Lifesaver']Bourne is quite a fun play.

Serious ass kicking and not having to worry about trophies or whatever for $11 is good to me.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Certainly was not worth $60, but there is certainly some fun to be had there.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Hmm so im gonna hold off on this till friday cause i might get a ps3 and want to start my collection with this sale

This is what i want so far:

Borderlands
Uncharted 2
NBA Live 10

I also heard infamous was a good game so would you guys reccomend borderlands or infamous? And is there any other good 50-60 dollars @ GS thats BETTER than Borderlands or Infamous?

And i dont wanna get rid of NBA Live 10 cause of personal reasons :)[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Resistance: Fall of Man
SOCOM: Confrontation
$33

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Metal Gear Solid 4
$50

Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
$100

Other AMAZING Games(Before B2G1 + Edge)
Killzone 2 - $60
LittleBigPlanet GOTY - $60
Resitance 2 - $40?

P.S. Buy the bundles i n3 of cheap to most expensive. Don't play the sequels first.

I picked up a couple of DS games last Saturday and returned them to rebuy today so I could get a third game. The employee looked at me like I was nuts and said "you can't do that". Had to get the manager involved before they let me do it. Regardless of whether they like the loophole or not, they created the 7 day return policy on used games.

Also saw this line on my receipt...

Unopened purchases made between 10/15/09 and 12/24/09 may be returned with a receipt through 1/15/10.

So how does that work on the "new" games that they open for you?

[quote name='lllGurulll']So how does that work on the "new" games that they open for you?[/QUOTE]

If you're giving them as a gift (who would actually do this? I don't know) or have in inkling that you might want to return it down the road, they have some kind of sticker or something they put on the game to "seal" it.

Hit up my locals right at 10am this morning (after a little store locator scouting, of course) with a lot of credit to burn, and plenty to trade in. As usual, no one around the area seemed to realize and/or care that this sale had started already, so I had pretty much 1st pick at every store.

New Stuff:

Tekken 6 PS3 and 360
Dragon Age x2 PS3
Assassin's Creed II 360
Demon's Souls x2 PS3
FIFA 10 360
Forza 3 360

Mid-range/on sale stuff:
Infamous PS3
Fairytale Fights PS3
Killzone 2 PS3

Older/Cheap stuff:

F1 Championship Ed. PS3
Dead Space PS3
Network Adaptor PS2

I guess I did have one small disappiontment; one store showed as having a PS3 copy of MW2 this morning, but could not find it in store. My money is on that one of the rep's snagged it, but he wouldn't let on if he did. I drop a good number of preorders down at that store, and try to make myself known as a 'good customer', so I thought if I mentioned that I was hoping to find a PS3 MW2, he might do me a solid (which they have done before in the past; store manager even 'converted' a gutted copy of something to used one time, to make a set...that's awesome), but he didn't offer. I'm not gonna complain, though. Already have it on the 360; just wanted to play online with a PS3 buddy.

As you can see, there were plenty of the newer titles available almost everywhere. TONS of Borderlands, ODST's, Batman's, Beatles, etc...I also saw quite a few Uncharted 2's, as well. Ass Creed 2 was tougher to find: I actually scouted that one out last night, then went to that store at opening. Left 4 Dead 2 and DJ Hero were about the only big titles that I didn't see at least 1 used copy of.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. This sale is great for filling in older titles in your collection that you either never got or traded back when they were newer, IMHO. Gamestop really seems to have a ton of good games from the last 1-1.5 years in the $35-$17 range.

There are a ton of great mid-range PS3 pick-ups in this sale:
Infamous-$35
Killzone 2-$40
Fairytale Fights-$35
Motorstorm:pR-$35
RE5-$35 (I believe it's $30 for the 360 version)
Resistance 2-$30

Most of those titles are very solid for around $20-25 with this sale, especially if you can find a copy in decent/complete condition. They have almost all been cheaper here and there at random sales in the past, but these can be found at almost every gamestop, and will be on sale all the way through Sunday.

[quote name='Miro']Was able to pick up Batman AA, Uncharted 2, and Borderlands which I eventually flipped later :p

I would've liked to play those games though if I wanted to keep them.[/QUOTE]

whered you flip them to?

also on another note i found resistance 2 mint at a disc replay for $21 with tax.

[quote name='FLiPPiN_OuT']Did a return rebuy at my store today and finalized my purchases of Demon's Souls, Borderlands, and NGS2. They said they've been denying people who've been trying to do the same and that because they knew of me already that they were going to do it for me. Wanted to call BS on it, but I was happy that mine was done.[/QUOTE]

Same here. They make it sound like you're robbing the store. Mumbling about whether it's illegal and needing manager approval. Ha!

If the employees are going to pretend they don't know anything about the B2G1 deal one day before and sell me games, you bet your ass I'm going to return and rebuy the following day.

What exactly is illegal about returning everything and rebuying it? The same games are in stock, and I could just walk back to pick them out again. More work for them since they have to dig out the discs.

:roll:

Picked up the following:

Modern Warfare 2
Halo 3: ODST
Guitar Hero 5
$100 after Edge, $30 after applying $70 in gift cards/store credit.

Walked out with Borderlands, Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend. I already have Uncharted 2, so will flip this copy somewhere(Amazon seems to be offering the highest). :) I still have about 150$ in GS store credit so I'll try again on Black Friday to see if anything else (like MW2) becomes available

Oh for fuck sake! They are NOT open on Thanksgiving!!!! :bomb:

re: online stock status - That isn't real-time updated, folks. Unless you call and confirm and have it held (good luck with that), the online check only tells you a store HAD it when it updated. With multiple employees and shifts, they may not even know what they've got.

When I went, I got Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend, but wanted either Assassin's Creed 2 or MW2 for the third game. The clerk told me they'd gotten a MW2 trade in yesterday, but it sold shortly thereafter. I was wondering what I could get at that store to try and swap someplace else* when I spotted AC2 on the top of a stack of discs right in front of her. I picked it up and showed her and she was genuinely surprised. "Oh, we do have a copy! I didn't see it. Good thing you're tall." (I'm 6'3" and she was probably 5'4" and the discs were stacked above her eye level.

* YES, you can buy three games at one location and then swap any of them at another store within the 7-day return window for an equal value title, even the "free" one. I did it last year at the suggestion of a clerk (bought 3 on Weds., found the 3rd I really wanted on Sat.) and confirmed with the clerk today I could do it if I found a MW2.

Too bad we can't get these answers added to the first post so people would stop asking over and over.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Besides probably not having EDGE, seems he is in California.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Cali sucks hard when it comes to tax. In some areas in Cali, the tax voids out EDGE and then some. :cold:

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, Cali sucks hard when it comes to tax. In some areas in Cali, the tax voids out EDGE and then some. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Yup. We're getting boned here. Thats the only reason I have an EDGE card actually. I don't mind used games, but I hate the taxes here and I found it a necessity to have. fuck CA taxes.

went to my local gamestop today and picked up

ratchet and clank a crack in time
borderlands
ninja gaiden sigma 2
tekken 6
call of duty modern warfare 2
uncharted 2

do you guys know if they'll let me return ninja gaiden which was 49.49 to get metal gear solid 4 which is 24.99 i believe and street fighter 4 which will both almost equal up to the same price as ninja gaiden and also let me do the b2g1free deal with uncharted 1 for free?

im about to get the ps3 bundle and i think this is a really good start on my future collection :D

[quote name='baoweezie']went to my local gamestop today and picked up

ratchet and clank a crack in time
borderlands
ninja gaiden sigma 2
tekken 6
call of duty modern warfare 2
uncharted 2

do you guys know if they'll let me return ninja gaiden which was 49.49 to get metal gear solid 4 which is 24.99 i believe and street fighter 4 which will both almost equal up to the same price as ninja gaiden and also let me do the b2g1free deal with uncharted 1 for free?

im about to get the ps3 bundle and i think this is a really good start on my future collection :D[/QUOTE]

I'd say no. They aren't going to let you keep a game for free. You could always just buy MGS4 and Uncharted and then get SFIV for free (or some other combination of the three).

I went to my local GS yesterday and picked up some older PS3 games which I've wanted for some time but didn't want to pay too much. B2G1 sale is as good a time as any to pick them up.

Civilization Revolution
Dead Space (I don't like the survival horror genre too much but the reviews of this game was too good to ignore)
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Final cost after Edge and taxes is $37.

I may go back over the weekend for some even older/cheaper sports games.

Got:

Uncharted - PS3
Virtua Tennis 2009 - PS3
Ghostbusters - Xbox 360

For about $ 28 after Edge and $ 25 e-Rewards Giftcard.

QUESTION - Am I able to return a game that I purchased from one store to another then rebuy it with two other games @ that same store?

Hmmm so I'm thinking of doing that trade in two games deal to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but so far I only have Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games to trade in. Is there a cheap game on that list of games to trade in that I could possibly get somewhere?

question. Last night I ordered L4D2 from the website and used my 104.xx in store credit on my edge card. that was just less than $40. then later I went on and bought 3 used games(Batman, Halo ODST, NHL 10) and it charged my edge card again. but I know there isn't enough store credit on there to pay for it all. what will happen?

[quote name='japaki']whered you flip them to?

also on another note i found resistance 2 mint at a disc replay for $21 with tax.[/QUOTE]

I flipped them back to GS because I had a copy of ODST and bought L4D2 and GH Metallica at target with my gift card there. Netted $33 profit after all said and done. Now I have $250 of GS credit to spend D:

[quote name='advanced']I'd say no. They aren't going to let you keep a game for free. You could always just buy MGS4 and Uncharted and then get SFIV for free (or some other combination of the three).[/QUOTE]

Buy MGS, Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction.

Don't play the sequels first...

[quote name='advanced']I'd say no. They aren't going to let you keep a game for free. You could always just buy MGS4 and Uncharted and then get SFIV for free (or some other combination of the three).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anti Lifesaver']Buy MGS, Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction.

Don't play the sequels first...[/QUOTE]

ok so what if i just return ninja gaiden, and went to pick up uncharted 1 and mgs and not get a third game to try to get for free, you think they would let me do that? i already beat ninja gaiden on the xbox, the only reason i got it was because they didnt have demon's souls

i want to follow uncharted's story thats why i want to get the first one but i dont really care for ratchet and clank's story, i never really played the older games, my little brother wanted it so i grabbed it, unless the story is ridiculously insane i'll grab tools of destruction haha

do i need all 3 games to exchange my madden for something else.. if it's not a even exchange.. game i want is $10 less than the other 2..

this is how my receipt looks
ass creed 2 [0.00]
madden 2010 ps3 49.49 (just got it at bb.com with my store credit)
uncharted 2 ps3 49.49

and i was thinking of exchanging madden for killzone or pacific rift because my gamestops will be picked clean prolly at around 1 when i'm off of work..

[quote name='japaki']do i need all 3 games to exchange my madden for something else.. if it's not a even exchange.. game i want is $10 less than the other 2..

this is how my receipt looks
ass creed 2 [0.00]
madden 2010 ps3 49.49 (just got it at bb.com with my store credit)
uncharted 2 ps3 49.49

and i was thinking of exchanging madden for killzone or pacific rift because my gamestops will be picked clean prolly at around 1 when i'm off of work..[/QUOTE]

They gave you AC2 free... you'll most likely have to bring in all 3 and return and re-buy. Just replace Madden with Killzone.

[quote name='baoweezie']ok so what if i just return ninja gaiden, and went to pick up uncharted 1 and mgs and not get a third game to try to get for free, you think they would let me do that? i already beat ninja gaiden on the xbox, the only reason i got it was because they didnt have demon's souls

i want to follow uncharted's story thats why i want to get the first one but i dont really care for ratchet and clank's story, i never really played the older games, my little brother wanted it so i grabbed it, unless the story is ridiculously insane i'll grab tools of destruction haha[/QUOTE]

im just going to tell you now that this promotion has nothing to do with the games you picked up and the prices they are. its about buying 2 games and getting 1 for free. regardless if you picked up two $49.99 games and wanted to exchange the third game for 2 games that might come up to be lesser value that the original game you got for free, it doesnt matter. its buy 2 get 1 free. not buy 2 get 1 free, then return one and get two games instead for free even though it may be cheaper for the company, but it is not how this sale works, and it doesnt even make sense.

not to mention if you have to return 1, technically you have to return them all at the same time . some sales people are just nice about it if you want to swap ONE game for another ONE game for the promotion.

what you are trying to do is NOT how the sale works, and in general what you are asking to do is just very confusing. stop trying to get around the system and just realize its BUY 2 GET 1 FREE.

not trying to be mean or anything

[quote name='Squarehard']im just going to tell you now that this promotion has nothing to do with the games you picked up and the prices they are. its about buying 2 games and getting 1 for free. regardless if you picked up two $49.99 games and wanted to exchange the third game for 2 games that might come up to be lesser value that the original game you got for free, it doesnt matter. its buy 2 get 1 free. not buy 2 get 1 free, then return one and get two games instead for free even though it may be cheaper for the company, but it is not how this sale works, and it doesnt even make sense.

not to mention if you have to return 1, technically you have to return them all at the same time . some sales people are just nice about it if you want to swap ONE game for another ONE game for the promotion.

what you are trying to do is NOT how the sale works, and in general what you are asking to do is just very confusing. stop trying to get around the system and just realize its BUY 2 GET 1 FREE.

not trying to be mean or anything[/QUOTE]

wasnt really trying to get around the system, this is cag after all and i was just trying to see if i could save some money, it wouldnt really be smart for me to just return a 50 dollar game for a 25 dollar game so i was just trying to see if anyone knew if it would work out, thanks for your reply though, i'll go ask them saturday just to be sure and if it doesnt work ill just buy those games and return ninja gaiden for a differnt game thats the same price

[quote name='baoweezie']wasnt really trying to get around the system, this is cag after all and i was just trying to see if i could save some money, it wouldnt really be smart for me to just return a 50 dollar game for a 25 dollar game so i was just trying to see if anyone knew if it would work out, thanks for your reply though, i'll go ask them saturday just to be sure and if it doesnt work ill just buy those games and return ninja gaiden for a differnt game thats the same price[/QUOTE]

thats fine. its just that generally in these threads, people like to talk about return fraud a lot such as returning one of the games paid for and returning the free one.

it is cag, but usually these kind of talks are looked down upon even here. but yeah, they wouldn't let you do it, since in their mind, why don't you just buy those two cheaper games you do want and then pick up another game for free, so thats how they will see it. personalyl thats what i would do if you really wanted those two other games and just see if theres something else you want instead of Ninja Gaiden. have you checked out all of the Gamestops around you since you can do the exchange and swap out at any Gamestop, so you have more selection to choose from. unless its the only one, then nvm to that idea.

either way, best of luck.

i live in dallas texas, theres literally like 20 gamestops in a 10 mile radius from where i live lol, i was planning on getting demon's souls but i dont know if i would have the time to really sit down and play that game, i heard its really time consuming

[quote name='baoweezie']i live in dallas texas, theres literally like 20 gamestops in a 10 mile radius from where i live lol, i was planning on getting demon's souls but i dont know if i would have the time to really sit down and play that game, i heard its really time consuming[/QUOTE]

Well at least its less time consuming than Borderlands :D

[quote name='Squarehard']Well at least its less time consuming than Borderlands :D[/QUOTE]

you're right lol, but i do love a rpg+fps combo game, people i know that have demon's souls tell me that its a very very stressful game, i do like challenges but i could probably wait till the price drops to be stressed out by the game

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Besides probably not having EDGE, seems he is in California.

.[/QUOTE]

I'm in NYC, so tax here is pretty high as well(8.375%).

had a weird thing happen yesterday between two stores. first store i went to had none of the games i wanted. So I bought 3 CoDMW2 games. Went to another store that had Fallout GOTY. Traded in one MW2. Instead of getting the Fallout as the free one since it was cheaper, I got the difference back in change. It was just under 5 bucks but still.

i honestly love how people in here assume that they can get away with getting a game for free from various returns and exchanges.

The POS takes notice of it all and it's simply ridiculous how some of you thing you can continue on..everytime a B2G1F occurs at any store.

[quote name='Jrod87']i honestly love how people in here assume that they can get away with getting a game for free from various returns and exchanges.

The POS takes notice of it all and it's simply ridiculous how some of you thing you can continue on..everytime a B2G1F occurs at any store.[/QUOTE]

o really

[quote name='jza1218']I'm in NYC, so tax here is pretty high as well(8.375%).[/QUOTE]

Pfft. Try 9.75% or even 10.25% in some areas. CA sales tax, FTW.

[quote name='emg28']Pfft. Try 9.75% or even 10.25% in some areas. CA sales tax, FTW.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, lol. Who's ever heard sales tax above 10%... Damn you Governator!

bread's done
Back