Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='momouchi']Over 10%! I bet you guys wish you lived near Delaware, just a hop over the border and you get 0% sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmm...0% sales tax.

Anyone try to go to a GS today to try and do their B2G1?

Is anyone else having problems with this online? I put 3 used PS2 games in my cart, and it tells me the discount is not valid with the items I have in my cart.

Edit: Nevermind, might be because one of them went out of stock sometime after I had put it in my cart and they didn't tell me the first ten times I refreshed it.

[quote name='botticus']Is anyone else having problems with this online? I put 3 used PS2 games in my cart, and it tells me the discount is not valid with the items I have in my cart.

Edit: Nevermind, might be because one of them went out of stock sometime after I had put it in my cart and they didn't tell me the first ten times I refreshed it.[/QUOTE]

The website is under massive overload at the moment. Stupid website ~_~

[quote name='Squarehard']Mmmmmm...0% sales tax.

Anyone try to go to a GS today to try and do their B2G1?[/QUOTE]I did. I was looking to stretch my dollars, so I ended up with the following for just under $50 (w/o edge card):

Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda
Kameo
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Blue Dragon
Guitar Hero III
Guitar Hero Aerosmith

PS2
Wallace and Gromit Curse of Were-Rabbit
Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition
Sly 2

Thinking of picking up a used PSP (BF sale) and a few games for the B2G1 deal.

Considering there are different models, does anyone know if they actually check to see which model falls under what price range? I know the site lists they do, but I wouldn't be surprised if stores did more than just check to see if it turns on. I ask mainly because the site lists only used 3000 PSPs at the nearest GS, which I figure is no way in hell part of the BF sale.

Got

Nba 2k10 (Missed out on Amazon and Walmart =[)
Borderlands
Left 4 dead 2

Willing to trade Borderlands for Modern Warfare 2 (360) If anyone is interested.

At the 1st GS, I got:

Devil May Cry 4 Collector Edition PS3
F1 Formula Championship PS3
Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia Deluxe Boxset

for $47.

At another GS, I got:

Wario Ware Touched
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Grandia III
Growlanser Heritage of War
SMT Devil Summoner
Suikoden V

for $76.

well I'm finally finished with B2G1. Picked up:
PS3:
1 Dead Space
2 Viking
PS2:
3 Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
Xbox 360:
4 Condemned 1
5 FEAR
6 Bioshock (wait that was PS3)

~52.45 after B2G1, Edge, tax. Not best ever, but pretty good, I'm happy.

YES! I went to a Gamestop around 1pm today and scored:

Call of Duty MW2
AC:2
Ratchet and Clank Crank in Time

About $106 after EDGE and tax.

Surprised all three were there. Guy told me someone traded in the CODMW2 and AC:2 earlier in the morning. What kind of sick person stands in line to trade in games?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']Good hauls guys. Anyone know if they're open on thanksgiving?[/QUOTE]

LMAO

You seriously asked this question?

[quote name='Jrod87']i honestly love how people in here assume that they can get away with getting a game for free from various returns and exchanges.

The POS takes notice of it all and it's simply ridiculous how some of you thing you can continue on..everytime a B2G1F occurs at any store.[/QUOTE]

I'm ignorant. What's POS mean? Usually online it means Piece Of Sh!t.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm ignorant. What's POS mean? Usually online it means Piece Of Sh!t.[/QUOTE]

point of sale, meaning the screen/program a cashier uses to ring up ur order/games/watever

[quote name='shiftymcneely']YES! I went to a Gamestop around 1pm today and scored:

Call of Duty MW2

Surprised all three were there. Guy told me someone traded in the CODMW2 and AC:2 earlier in the morning. What kind of sick person stands in line to trade in games?[/QUOTE]

Someone who wanted the credit to buy something on sale? Good haul though!

Picked up:

Borderlands
Batman: AA
Left 4 Dead 2

I haven't had any luck finding COD:MW2, eventhough, GS.com show sseveral used 360 copies in my area. I had a choice between L4D2 and Assassin's Creed 2. Someone had traded both of those in about an hour before I got there. I ended up going with L4D2 since the GS TIV thread shows it has a higher TIV. If I can't find MW2 by Sunday, I might just trade it back in (power trade) to recoup my losses .

[quote name='shiftymcneely']YES! I went to a Gamestop around 1pm today and scored:

Call of Duty MW2

Surprised all three were there. Guy told me someone traded in the CODMW2 and AC:2 earlier in the morning. What kind of sick person stands in line to trade in games?[/QUOTE]

Apparently lots of them:cry:. I saw 3 kids in a row with, I kid you not, freakin trash bags full of trades yesterday afternoon.

Not a bad haul.

Trip 1: 3 CoD MW2 ($104 w/tax)
Trip 2: exchanged one MW2 at another store for Fallout GOTY (instead of them using that as my free game I got money back because Fallout was cheaper) ($99)
Trip 3: Sold a MW2 on Craigslist for $50 ($49 for MW2 and Fallout 3)

I really wanted Tiger 2010 360, but it kills me to pay 50 for a used sports title that is just going to drop. Expecting the price of tiger to crash after the holidays.

[quote name='qwikstreet']I really wanted Tiger 2010 360, but it kills me to pay 50 for a used sports title that is just going to drop. Expecting the price of tiger to crash after the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Nice play on words....

after doing a bunch of running around i tracked down all three legend of heroes games for the psp.
20 bucks.

third game didnt have original case and manual. damn you gamestop.

so i don't know if because it was busy or not or this guy was new but i showed him the receipt for my buy 2 get one thing. returned one.. [madden 2010] assured him i wasn't doing anything shady.. then he returned madden on a single receipt and gave me motorstorm pacific rift.. and $10.80ish cash... so basically i don't know if this guy wants me to return my motorstorm and get 3 more used games lol..

Well, the coupon code does seem to be broken online after all. Has anyone else had any luck using it on PS2 games? Everything's in stock at the final checkout screen this time, but I get the following:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected.

Looks like Suikoden III might be the culprit. May just have to order and try to get them to credit me the difference later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='botticus']Well, the coupon code does seem to be broken online after all. Has anyone else had any luck using it on PS2 games? Everything's in stock at the final checkout screen this time, but I get the following:

Looks like Suikoden III might be the culprit. May just have to order and try to get them to credit me the difference later.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the same. I have 3 Pre-Owned PSP games in my cart, and I'm getting the same message upon checkout. What gives?

My order from GS.com should be here sometime this afternoon, which excites me. Now I just have to gear up and hope that my GS has some of the same games in stock in case I need to exchange the discs for better looking ones. Anybody else expecting there GS.com order today too?

[quote name='emg28']Picked up:

Borderlands
Batman: AA
Left 4 Dead 2

I haven't had any luck finding COD:MW2, eventhough, GS.com show sseveral used 360 copies in my area. I had a choice between L4D2 and Assassin's Creed 2. Someone had traded both of those in about an hour before I got there. I ended up going with L4D2 since the GS TIV thread shows it has a higher TIV. If I can't find MW2 by Sunday, I might just trade it back in (power trade) to recoup my losses .[/QUOTE]

From what I heard, both AC2 and L4D2 trade in at $30.

[quote name='conebone69']I'm getting the same. I have 3 Pre-Owned PSP games in my cart, and I'm getting the same message upon checkout. What gives?[/QUOTE]
I emailed them and they said to place the order and call about an hour later to have them deduct the price of the cheapest game.

The store I went to was picked clean. The only fairly new game they had left was Borderlands and that was a disc only copy. Since I didn't want to leave empty-handed(I wanted to at least get something from the sale).

I got complete copies of Project Gotham Racing 4, Blue Dragon & Gears of War all for $19.38.

[quote name='qwikstreet'] Expecting the price of tiger to crash after the holidays.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sgaldis']Nice play on words....[/QUOTE]

Too soon! ;)

A modest (but still successful) launch title haul: Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, and Lost Planet Collector's Edition for just a shade over $15 with Edge.

Assassin's Creed 2 was sitting there staring at me from the shelf, but after taking advantage of the Best Buy B2G1, I really didn't have enough other titles to make it worth it. Although in retrospect, now I wonder if the math would have worked in my favor if I'd grabbed Borderlands and ODST and just traded them in at a different store.

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']Assassin's Creed 2 was sitting there staring at me from the shelf, but after taking advantage of the Best Buy B2G1, I really didn't have enough other titles to make it worth it. Although in retrospect, now I wonder if the math would have worked in my favor if I'd grabbed Borderlands and ODST and just traded them in at a different store.[/QUOTE]

Used
Assassins Creed 2 - 55
Borderlands - 55
Halo ODST - 55

TIV
Borderlands - 25
Halo ODST - 27

I have it at AC2 being 58 before taxes without EDGE or around 42 with EDGE. Wouldn't have been too bad (If my shoddy math is correct)

Do the stores honor the prices stated online? I looked at Resistance 2, but it had a $39 sticker still on. In fact, all 3 of my games were still marked up $10. For that, I'd rather eBay them for the same price, with no stickers all over the cases.

[quote name='ahbaker']Do the stores honor the prices stated online? I looked at Resistance 2, but it had a $39 sticker still on. In fact, all 3 of my games were still marked up $10. For that, I'd rather eBay them for the same price, with no stickers all over the cases.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the website states "Online Price Only" under most prices online. Thats why I decided to go through the website for the sale. Saved an extra $10.

After calling I finally got in my second order for Suikoden III, Grandia II, and Tales of Legendia. Finally spending my store credit on a bunch of series intros to check them out (and rebuying Legendia since I figure I'll still like it since I like all Tales games).

Hopefully my first used game purchase from the website since the morning update days gets me some decent quality products.

Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, Baroque, Pinball Hall Of Fame: Williams, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Dyansty Warriors 5 for $56 wasn't too bad

Got my games in the mail today. NBA 2K10, Borderlands and Beatles Rock Band, all 360.

Really glad GS.com got there act together with the cases and stuff. All three were in pretty decent condition with manual and cover art in a color correct case.

Only thing I hate is those fuckers who actually apply the sticker to the artwork on the spine. Assholes. Took forever to get that one off, but at least it was only one.

[quote name='advanced']Pretty sure the website states "Online Price Only" under most prices online. Thats why I decided to go through the website for the sale. Saved an extra $10.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that after I posted, but was too lazy to edit my post. Thanks though. Damn GS. :bomb:

[quote name='chuckywang']From what I heard, both AC2 and L4D2 trade in at $30.[/QUOTE]

:) You're right. According to the GS TIV thread, AC2 for the PS3 is the one getting $25.

I'll take a last look for MW2 tomorrow. If I don't find it, I'll just go with Dragon Age: Origins and return the new copy I bought about 2 weeks ago.

Picked up:

Warhawk (PS3)
SOCOM Confrontation (PS3)
Unreal Tournament III (PS3) - FREE

And last copy of GTA IV (PS3) -- got a PS3 bundle at Best Buy on Black Friday

I went in GS and was looking for some $1.99 older sports games for game night. For some reason they all looked like they had been shoved up someone's ass. I passed.

Just bought a PS3; I was thinking about buying Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Resistance 2. I think Motorstorm is $35 and Resistance 2 $30; so any ideas for the free game? Also; should I just get the first Motorstorm for $10 used instead?

No stick with Pacific Rift
Maybe for the free game MGS4, Valkyrie Chronicles, Resistance 1, Uncharted Drake's Fortune those are just a few really good exclusives

[quote name='widge567']No stick with Pacific Rift
Maybe for the free game MGS4, Valkyrie Chronicles, Resistance 1, Uncharted Drake's Fortune those are just a few really good exclusives[/QUOTE]

I'll look into that; thanks for the help; MGS4 & Uncharted sounds good.

damn it borderlands still out of stock i knew i should have pulled the trigger on 2 copies and madden 10

i was going to trade borderlands and cash to my friend for ass creed 2 and dragon age

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']Question:

Say I buy:

Infamous - 35
Killzone 2 - 40
Little Big Planet - 50

Would I be able to stop by the store a few days later, without a receipt, and return KIllzone 2 and LBP for some sort of credit, while keeping Infamous?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that is a dumb ass idea. Why not just buy Infamous and not bother with the other two? You'd definitely save some cash and, well... spending $90 just to keep one game is just weird.

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']Question:

Say I buy:

Infamous - 35
Killzone 2 - 40
Little Big Planet - 50

Would I be able to stop by the store a few days later, without a receipt, and return KIllzone 2 and LBP for some sort of credit, while keeping Infamous?[/QUOTE]

This isn't CrookAssGamer. You are trying to rip off a store to get a free game. That is not acceptable here. It is okay to take advantage of a deal, but not try to cheat the system and steal. They won't take anything without a receipt anyway because people like you have tried this before.

bread's done
Back