Gamestop - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Original Xbox

YodaEXE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just to confirm what someone mentioned before in a previous thread, Gamestop is having a B2G1 sale on Xbox games. Might be starting to try and clear them all out? Who knows. Not sure if this is a local YMMV or not, so check for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they want to clear them all out, no one buys them anymore! They get traded in huge bundles, but people only maybe 1 xbox game a day...

There ARE some classics that I could go for picking up, and I've got some GS credit now... I'll probably check it out.

My local (Mt Pleasant, MI) GS also mentioned this to me so I think it is nationwide.

I've been picking up some classic, backward compatible titles lately. B2G1Free is a good deal if you pick titles carefully and add the edge card.

[quote name='JJSP']If anyone's got a list of must-have BC games, that'd be awesome. :)[/quote]
Well, Fable, Halo, and Halo 2 are pretty high up there.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Well, Fable, Halo, and Halo 2 are pretty high up there.[/quote]
I already have those. ;)

Perhaps I should clarify - a list of must-have sleeper hits that people probably missed out on.

I know there was a list out there at some point but I know: KOTOR, Jade Empire, Stubbs the Zombie are all good ones.

Well I just say keep an eye out for whats coming to Xbox Originals and just pick them up since they all have been BC.

Crap, just bought some xbox games with that 20% coupon, then again, only a $3 loss, time to pick up a few more things I guess.

Breakdown
Black
Ninja Gaiden: Black
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jade Empire
Knights of the Old Republic 1/2
Jet Set Radio Future
Crimson Skies
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Armed and Dangerous
Dreamfall
Mechassault 1/2
Psychonauts
OutRun 2
Phantom Crash
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Star Wars Battlefront 2

I think my list is fairly comprehensive, but feel free to fill in the blanks.

Not to many games I really want except Jade Empire, Psychonauts and Halo and most of which are cheaper on goozex

I doubt I'll be able to find Republic Commando at any of the GS's in my area for under 10 but I bet I could find three xb titles I need to fill out my collection.

Here're some good ones to pick up that are BC if anyone cares:

Ninja Gaiden Black
Call of Cthulu
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Psychonauts
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (severe graphical corruption and slowdown, but hopefully they'll fix it... right now, only for collecting purposes)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Futurama
Jade Empire: Limited Edition
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
The Bard's Tale
Dreamfall: the Longest Journey
Morrowind
Brute Force
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Bloodrayne 2
Indigo Prophecy
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (I don't have it, but I've played it. Pretty fun)
Silent Hill 2 and 4
Unreal Championship 2

Picked up most of these (already owned the others) during the B1G1 XBox coupon a while back. But even with this deal, the prices would be pretty good.

Do not, I repeat, do not pickup Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the Xbox yet. Even though Microsoft lists it as backwards compatible they did an extremely shoddy job with the emulation and the lag renders it unplayable.

I just found out the other day, but Gamestop tags the games whether they are backwards compatible or not. A sales associate pointed it out to me. If you look at the price tag on the front, you where it says title , if you see (BC) on that top line, it's backwards compatible. So the line would look like this as an example....

Crimson Skies (BC)

I didn't realize this before, so it's handy that they are doing that, as I've picked up a couple games that I did not know until I got home that it was not BC (SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos $7.99 NOT BC :(

Just thought I'd share that nugget of 411. Don't know how accurate it is, so if you plan on doing some shopping, best to print out the latest BC list on the XBox site.

I hope they plan on doing some more updates. The list shows King of Fighters 2002/2003 as playable, but 2002 has lines on it and 2003 is unplayable.

[quote name='mrjelloman']I just found out the other day, but Gamestop tags the games whether they are backwards compatible or not. A sales associate pointed it out to me. If you look at the price tag on the front, you where it says title , if you see (BC) on that top line, it's backwards compatible. So the line would look like this as an example....

Crimson Skies (BC)

I didn't realize this before, so it's handy that they are doing that, as I've picked up a couple games that I did not know until I got home that it was not BC (SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos $7.99 NOT BC :(

Just thought I'd share that nugget of 411. Don't know how accurate it is, so if you plan on doing some shopping, best to print out the latest BC list on the XBox site.

[/QUOTE]

Its pretty acutrate, but for longer titles, I dont think they show up on the sticker XP

Morrowind is an awesome game, but I don't suggest buying it unless you have at least 20 hours to dump into it.

I loved Shenmue 2 also, which was a sleeper for sure.. not sure if its BC or not though

You can take the YMMV out - this is a nationwide deal starting 7/21. I forget the ending date for it though.

And for the BC stuff on the sticker, it's pretty accurate, *but* if a title is added as BC, a new sticker isn't necessarily printed for it, but the computers are updated. Point of that info - if it doesn't say BC on it, ask an associate to check the computer to see if it was added. Also if the name is longer, there should still be a ( before the

Example (this isn't exact but you should get the point):
950000 Elder Scrolls III: Morrowi (

Good deal though, games are cheap enough, there's a couple I may pick up with this. I may have to pick up an OG XBox just so I can play some of these games :p

I'm heading over to GS tomorrow to pick up Gears of War, so I hope that this B2G1F is going on at my store. I've been wanting to get Mega Man Anniversary Collection, and recently, thanks to all the Batman hype, Batman Begins.

[quote name='Error404']I'm heading over to GS tomorrow to pick up Gears of War, so I hope that this B2G1F is going on at my store. I've been wanting to get Mega Man Anniversary Collection, and recently, thanks to all the Batman hype, Batman Begins.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're implying that you're gonna use this offer with GoW, but its original Xbox apparently, not 360.

I wish Gamestop would do an clearance on their used XBox systems..... $60 just so I can play the whole one game that isn't BC on the 360 (Midtown Madness 3) is an bit much.

Hell... does MS even plan on doing anymore BC updates speaking of which?

[quote name='GuardianE']Here're some good ones to pick up that are BC if anyone cares:

Def Jam: Fight for NY

[/quote]

This is BC now?

[quote name='olde_english']This is BC now?[/quote]

Ugh, I could have sworn that it was. I just checked and it's not. Sorry, false alarm. I'll edit my post. This is pretty much one of the last really amazing XBox games out that's not BC.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I wish Gamestop would do an clearance on their used XBox systems..... $60 just so I can play the whole one game that isn't BC on the 360 (Midtown Madness 3) is an bit much.

Hell... does MS even plan on doing anymore BC updates speaking of which?[/quote]

Unless your trying to use store credit, check out craigslist. In my area (i just checked) there are 2 different sellers asking for $20 for regular xboxs.

I don't know if they ever fixed it or not, but when I tried to play KOTOR 1 & 2 about a year and a half ago on my 360 they were both full of bugs...the "why-is-my-character-skipping-all-over-the-screen-oh-damn-there-goes-the-audio-too-w-t-f?" kind. So if you don't have an original xbox I'd steer clear from those two games (as awesome as they both are) unless absolutely sure that something was done about the problems (and I'm guessing nothing was done).

[quote name='Puerto Rican HoBo']I don't know if they ever fixed it or not, but when I tried to play KOTOR 1 & 2 about a year and a half ago on my 360 they were both full of bugs...the "why-is-my-character-skipping-all-over-the-screen-oh-damn-there-goes-the-audio-too-w-t-f?" kind. So if you don't have an original xbox I'd steer clear from those two games (as awesome as they both are) unless absolutely sure that something was done about the problems (and I'm guessing nothing was done).[/quote]

I played and beat both on the 360. They're far from unplayable. I think KOTOR 1 only froze once throughout the play. Graphical glitches were few and far between. There were a soem audio issues, though.

[quote name='Link927']Not sure if you're implying that you're gonna use this offer with GoW, but its original Xbox apparently, not 360.[/quote]

Nah. I'm going to pick up Gears of War, regardless, as well as take advantage of the B2G1F on Xbox games. These various deals and coupons combined with the fact that Xbox games are already dirt cheap make me glad that I hung onto my Xbox.

20% off coupon says "not valid with any other offer".

Last time I checked out their Xbox selection, everything was absurdly overpriced. If they wanted to clear out, they'd lower their prices.

What's the verdict on Gamestop's prices? I don't have an Edge card and would like to buy 10-15 Xbox games to start my Xbox 1 collection. With the B2G1 sale, are the prices better than you can get on Ebay or Goozex?

[quote name='Capitalizt']What's the verdict on Gamestop's prices? I don't have an Edge card and would like to buy 10-15 Xbox games to start my Xbox 1 collection. With the B2G1 sale, are the prices better than you can get on Ebay or Goozex?[/quote]

It really depends. With Gamestop, you run into the issue of trying to get complete copies of games and scrounging around for availability. With the B1G1 free, I'd say that most titles (if you can pair them up correctly) would be at or below internet prices.

If you order online via eBay, you'd have to pay for shipping and have to bid on the 10-15 games separately.

If you're concerned about price, this can give you an okay idea of what the market average is for a particular game:
http://www.videogamepricecharts.com

bread's done
Back