Gamestop - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Original Xbox

YodaEXE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just to confirm what someone mentioned before in a previous thread, Gamestop is having a B2G1 sale on Xbox games. Might be starting to try and clear them all out? Who knows. Not sure if this is a local YMMV or not, so check for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nyprimus4']My TRU has about 50 sealed copies for $5 before 20% off, so $4.[/QUOTE]

Show off. :p

Also, any idea when this sale ends?

Last edited by a moderator:
tagout, when will the stores be notified? The store managers I have talked to told me they haven't received any cutoff time, but said it may go until the next promo? Thanks.

Gamestop would be stupid to end this promo. Unless they prefer tons of xbox games just sitting around. 90% of the games are a complete rip off the way Gamestop has them priced without a deal. I guess this goes for most of the gamestop inventory though.

Damn, did they raise the price of Fable? It's listed for 12.99 at the website. I could have sworn it was 9.99 last week.

I'm still looking for a good copy of "The Lost Chapters."

[quote name='tylerdurden10']I also heard from a GS employee today that the sale ends in a few days, so the 08/10/08 date that was given earlier does sound accurate.[/quote]
Sounds possible. I haven't heard of an end date, but I can't see them running the deal forever either.

[quote name='bigbsezwazup']Does this work with the OG Xbox games that are 50% off?[/quote]

Yeah, I can guarantee it doesn't work as the above poster said. The person in front of me picked out King Kong when they realized it was b2g1. King Kong is a 50% off game, so it gave them that and then the b2g1 didn't work.

probably nothing.

[quote name='bigbsezwazup']Anyone know if the next Xbox promo is B2G2 or what is the new promo starting 8/10?[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to try and sweeten the pot, though it might not necessarily be right away.[/quote]

I think eventually they will. I was told by an employee (one who seems to know what he's talking about) that in the next year they are going to be done with the original xbox. Don't know if that's true or not but it would seem to make sense. Hopefully they do it like they are doing DVD's right now (though Im not sure if they are ultimately getting rid of DVDS).

What makes it tough is that some of the good ones are still higher than some 360 games around the 20-30 region. If they do a B2G2 or drop the prices on the higher ones, then I'll snap some of those up. I think I spent a couple of C notes on the games I haven't played under 10. Now to find some time.

I picked up Fatal Frame 2 (YES FINALLY!!!!), Gun Valkyrie, and Hunter the Reckoning. I was kind of diappointed when i found out I got have gotten the new Hunter and it still would have been free, but it seems the newer one isn't as good so.... I'm happy.

It must be hard stocking so many used games from so many generations... I know that a store close to me is often referred to as 'The Warehouse', because they have over 200 used Xbox games and 300 used PS2 games in stock. I don't know how they fit so many used games in the store, along with the loads of GC (probably over 100) and current-gen games.

Good thing I found this thread 'cause I just got an Elite from the Dell deal and never had an original Xbox. I picked up Shenmue II, Chronicles of Riddick, Jet Set Radio Future, and Crimson Skies for a total of $15. Not as amazingly low as other people's deals but not too shabby.

[quote name='rapsodist']Good thing I found this thread 'cause I just got an Elite from the Dell deal and never had an original Xbox. I picked up Shenmue II, Chronicles of Riddick, Jet Set Radio Future, and Crimson Skies for a total of $15. Not as amazingly low as other people's deals but not too shabby.[/quote]

Riddick isn't BC

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Riddick isn't BC[/quote]

Sadly, I just found that out when checking the official compatibility list a minute ago. But thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to return it tomorrow. Not sure how that'll work when there's a free game included in the deal. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

[quote name='rapsodist']Sadly, I just found that out when checking the official compatibility list a minute ago. But thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to return it tomorrow. Not sure how that'll work when there's a free game included in the deal. Guess I'll find out tomorrow![/quote]

Exchange it for a game of lower or equal price of the games you paid for possibly?

[quote name='rapsodist']Sadly, I just found that out when checking the official compatibility list a minute ago. But thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to return it tomorrow. Not sure how that'll work when there's a free game included in the deal. Guess I'll find out tomorrow![/quote]

They'll probably let you either rebuy or exchange, I heard that it actually does refund you full but its looked down upon, or was that GC....

Either way, bring all the games to cover your bases

SvC Choas
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

They have MvC2.... But its only game disc with crappy hollywood video cover. Not really worth 60 bucks. DC version is better anyways.

Yeah, if MS would just do one more freakin BC update, I could almost guarantee this game would be on it. It's one of the few really good games not on the list.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Damn, did they raise the price of Fable? It's listed for 12.99 at the website. I could have sworn it was 9.99 last week.

I'm still looking for a good copy of "The Lost Chapters."[/quote]
It was raised, along with a couple of other titles. Prices are raised a bit when these "deals" are on.

Surprisingly, GS directly refunded me the full amount for Riddick, no hassles or strange calculations. They said I'd only have a problem returning if Riddick were the free one but it wasn't. I essentially got a B1G1 because of that.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Sounds possible. I haven't heard of an end date, but I can't see them running the deal forever either.[/quote]

I don't know how much longer they're running this promotion but I went to GS yesterday and they still had this same deal going.

[quote name='publiicprivates']anyone else confirm this? i might stop by my gamestop to get a backlog[/quote]

Confirm what? The deal we are all talking about? Yea, it's going on..

You can always call your GS if you doubt they are doing it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, if MS would just do one more freakin BC update, I could almost guarantee this game would be on it. It's one of the few really good games not on the list.[/quote]

I doubt they would BC it as they are remaking it on the 360.

Deal ended Sunday. Any store with signs still up screwed up. Go raise hell to get what you want.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but figured I'd pop in and let you know... I was in GS today and overheard that the deal ended yesterday, replaced by nothing.

[quote name='Ziv']Deal ended Sunday. Any store with signs still up screwed up. Go raise hell to get what you want.[/quote]

Check the website, all the deals got extended through August 31.

[quote name='dys006']Check the website, all the deals got extended through August 31.[/QUOTE]

I think the deal might be over. I don't see where on the site it says this is extended.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I think the deal might be over. I don't see where on the site it says this is extended.[/quote]

Yeah, the deal's dead. The promo didn't ring up when somebody tried picking up some Xbox games today, so--unless they've got signs up and you want to call them on it--you're most likely out of luck.

Sorry I went by the signs alone. I didn't actually buy the games. I hope I didn't put anyone out of their way.

I didn't see this advertised when I went to Gamestop today. I didn't think about it til I got back here, so I didn't ask if it was still going on.

I know this deal is dead, but has anyone else noticed a surge in complete games at their gs? Im saying this because the 3 or 4 gs that I've visited within these last few days, they've seemed to have recieved many complete games in great condition, many titles that I would have liked to pick up if I could have found them during the B2G1. Titles that I couldnt find, like Indigo Prophecy, Panzer Orta, Dreamfall -_-

bread's done
Back