GameStop Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games (10/17-10/24) + $500 in Gift Cards Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=4668]2900[/img-l]GameStop is having an in-store only Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale on all used games and accessories from 10/17 to 10/24. You can also use your Edge Card to get an additional 10% off.

Thanks to this GameStop sponsorship, we are giving away 5 x $100 GameStop gift cards! Simply post in this discussion thread and list some games you would be interested in picking up this sale to enter the contest. Multiple postings will not increase (or hurt) your chances of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
i went today and got:

Metroid Prime 3
Zelda Twilight Princess
Trauma Center New Blood (Free)

Then i went to the second gamestop (we have two gamestops in our town) and got:

Assassin's Creed (360)
Cooking Mama (Wii)
Wild Arms 5 (FREE)

fuck yeaaah! I'm shooting for the last coupla XBOX games I want, plus a few PS2 games.

Yakuza (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
Gungrave: Overdose (PS2)
ICO (PS2)
Shadow of Memories (XBOX)
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (XBOX)

That about covers it.

I stopped at Gamestop today to take advantage of the deal but they where not having it. There where no signs and the clerk just told me that it was for X-Box games only. I called a Babbages in Phoenix and they said that they are only doing it for X-Box games. I am reading all these threads and no one has mentioned this. Is the sale going on? or does it start later?

this is an awesome sale. play some of the older games i haven't gotten to play!

i'd pick up

fable
gears of war 1
crackdown

Looks like a good time to pick up a few older games I missed earlier, that got a bit of an upgrade...

Disgaea DS
FFIV
Kirby Super Star Ultra

[quote name='Davestation']I stopped at Gamestop today to take advantage of the deal but they where not having it. There where no signs and the clerk just told me that it was for X-Box games only. I called a Babbages in Phoenix and they said that they are only doing it for X-Box games. I am reading all these threads and no one has mentioned this. Is the sale going on? or does it start later?[/QUOTE]

I think you need to print the coupon out.

Games wanted:

Woods 2008
NBA 08
NHL 08

Still need to find a copy of Dark Cloud 2, Killzone (figure it's worth a play through before 2 comes out), and maybe the original Katamari Damacy (the second is pretty cool).

Went to Gamestop and picked up...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Epic haul is epic.

just got back from game stop traded in soul calibur lookin to get the force unleashed hopefully i will find a fight night round 3 and i'l probably snag a ncaa if i could find it but i got 22 for the soul calibur

Picked up Condemned 2, Assassin's Creed, and Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for $40.

I got some crap for the coupon usage tho, but I didn't go to my usual GS. "Do you have an Edge card? - No. - Wait, you dont have a card but you have this? - I got it off the website. (which I did.)"

Scored Dead Space for 360 today! Also picked up Brothers in Arms and Fracture. Hopefully I can find Saints Row 2 sometime this week and return/rebuy, but if not I can probably throw Fracture up on Goozex for some cheap points.

Great deal!

Well, i may have a small chance, but here it goes:

A PS3 40 gig system, Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2 ( yes, my local GS has a copy, not complete, but hey), Digital Devil Saga 2, Preorder for Gears 2, all 3 Xenosaga games, Fire Emblem for Gamecube, Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 and the preorder for Chrono Trigger DS.

Well, its in the hands of god and CAG now...

I've haven't gotten any Wii games for a long time... I'd have to get Metroid Prime 3 (I still haven't gotten it, so now may be a good time), Mario Kart Wii, and Madden NFL 09.

Thanks!

Did anyone else have a problem with the coupon working with edge.

I tried to get xenosaga 3, Valkerie something 2, and Halo 2 and the coupon wouldn't work with my edge card. Usually when this happens its just a store employee not doing something right so I told them to just keep the games and left.

I had this problem last time around. My Edge Card number on the back is faded and the one clerk told me that since he couldn't read the numbers he couldn't give me my 10% off. Since my membership expires in December, I was extremely PO'd and almost left, but the other person in the store instead told the clerk to just use a staff card to give me the 10% off. I left happy.

i'd use it to pick up GTA4, Gears of War, & Uncharted. I'm a bit behind in playing the popular games so hopefully i win a giftcard.

like i said in my earlier post, i took advantage of this deal twice, and in each instance, i let my wife pick out the free game (made it easier for her to allow me to buy the other 4 games) she chose trauma room new blood and cooking mama. if i had to choose for myself, i would have chosen Bioshock and maybe Blue Dragon as my free games... i can't complain though, now i have games to last me for quite awhile :) anyone else married and has to deal with the same thing as me?

keep in mind, that if you don't have the edge card, you can get one when you take advantage of the deal, and you will be able to use the 10% off on your purchase.

I'm still debating what to pick up, but I'm really leaning towards
1.) Star Wars Force Unleashed
2.) Pure (hoping they have a used copy)
3.) Blue Dragon (for my friend since he's an idiot and ONLY plays shooters and gives nothing else a chance...)

Lots of last-gen stuff I'm missing, lets see:

Persona 3 FES, Tales of the Abyss, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Ico, Rogue Galaxy.

picked up

GC
Super Mario Sunshine-15.99
controller-13.99
gameboy adapter to play GB games-free
Total-28.00

after getting the GC bundle deal (39) need a few acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back