GameStop Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games (10/17-10/24) + $500 in Gift Cards Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=4668]2900[/img-l]GameStop is having an in-store only Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale on all used games and accessories from 10/17 to 10/24. You can also use your Edge Card to get an additional 10% off.

Thanks to this GameStop sponsorship, we are giving away 5 x $100 GameStop gift cards! Simply post in this discussion thread and list some games you would be interested in picking up this sale to enter the contest. Multiple postings will not increase (or hurt) your chances of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to take a look at what my local store has shortly before work today. I am looking for:

Wii:
Warioland
Zack and Wiki
De Blob

PS2:
Dragonquest VIII
God of War 1&2

Gamecube:
Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime 2
Any others, really.

good heads up cheapy D! I would love to pick up littlebigplanet and midnight club LA... errrrr... I will be picking them up and maybe I won't have to pay for them?!!?

need to pick up games to add to the collection. Dead Rising, Lego Star Wars Complete Col., Hitman B.M., Blue Dragon, Ninety Nine Nights, DOA 4.

I'm looking for (all PS3) Dead Space, SOCOM & maybe LEGO Star Wars (or something else that would make it worth it).

I'm picking up: Mercs 2 (360), SW:TFU (360), and if I'm really lucky...Dead Space (360). Definitely hitting up gamestop this week.

[quote name='dallow']Since it works on accessories too.... can I get, say, 2 games and a controller?[/quote]

Yes, you can mix and match games and accessories.

It also used to work on used consoles, as long as the console was not the free item, but I'm not sure if this coupon version of the sale works the same way or not. Anyone know?

Funny, but I stopped by a Gamestop in a nearby mall on Saturday, and not one employee had heard about this sale or knew that it was going on.

[quote name='jdioutkast']I got dead rising, orange box and enchanted arms[/QUOTE]

Already got Dead Space? Wow, the game's only been out for only a few days...

crossing my fingers i can pick up Dead Space... then Gears of War and I can find one more, i just picked up my 360 this Friday for a good deal thanks to CAG, so i have quite a backlog to hit on the 360 exclusive front

I just got my little brother a 360, so I'll probably pick up a bunch of games so we can play together on Live. Halo 3, Crackdown, CoD 4, Burnout Revenge, The Orange Box, Army of Two maybe...

[quote name='jdioutkast']I got dead rising, orange box and enchanted arms[/quote]

[quote name='Vinny']Already got Dead Space? Wow, the game's only been out for only a few days...[/quote]

Dead Rising is not the same as Dead Space. Dead rising has been out for a while.

Great deal...Gotta get Saints Row 2, NBA 2k9, and Midnight Club LA(Bound to be some used by the third day of release).

I ended up picking up:

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360)
WarioLand: Shake It!! (Wii)

Updating my list since this is going all week I'm going to try for Madden 09, NBA 2K9 and Bioshock.... the later two if I get extremely lucky... if not I might go for Soul Caliber IV, Star Wars TFU, or Civilization Revolution

I just went to one GS and called another and neither of them knew anything about a buy 2 get 1 free sale. What is going on? This seems to be YMMV if anything. Might want to edit title so people don't waste their time like I did.

[quote name='Reighnman']I just went to one GS and called another and neither of them knew anything about a buy 2 get 1 free sale. What is going on? This seems to be YMMV if anything. Might want to edit title so people don't waste their time like I did.[/quote]

There is a coupon required. Bring the coupon into any of those stores, and present it when you make your purchase. It is not YMMV, but it is not automatic without the coupon.

I'm going cheap this time and just getting:

Urban Reign
Generation of Chaos
Tales of Legendia

Too much other stuff coming out next month for me to spend anymore :D

Sweet, having just bought a PS3 I'll have to grab a few games that I don't want to get off Goozex. Namely Resistance, Warhawk, and Motorstorm.

Nice deal. I plan on picking up:
Metal Gear Solid 3
persona 3
Final Fantasy 12

I might try to hit up a second store as well. There are many games I want, so I guess it depends on the availability.

In addition to my trip on Friday, I went today and got the following:

Wild Arms 5 (complete and minty)
Soul Nomad (complete and minty)
... and the coup de grace..
Ico (complete and VERY minty)

total was $38.xx :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back