Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Used *YMMV*

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I passed my Gamestop today and they had clear signs on the window that said buy 2 get 1 free on used games. Man if you are lucky enough to get a cashier to stack the PS3/P/2 coupon with this you could have some really cheap ass games. Can anyone else confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nyprimus4']I passed my Gamestop today and they had clear signs on the window that said buy 2 get 1 free on used games. Man if you are lucky enough to get a cashier to stack the PS3/P/2 coupon with this you could have some really cheap ass games. Can anyone else confirm?[/QUOTE]
Interesting...
I wish a cashier would do that. But it'd have to be manually overidden, right?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Interesting...
I wish a cashier would do that. But it'd have to be manually overidden, right?[/quote]

Correct. Their system only allows for one promo and the EDGE.

Was it a new location? A lot of times, new stores are given a week or so of running that promotion to help kick their sales in and create a customer base.

op are you sure this isnt for a new gamestop that just opened, sometimes they have opening sales

edit:eek:ops, about the smae post

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imsopretty08']My local store had this deal going on and they did stack this with the coupon and EDGE. Lovely deal.[/quote]
Holy shiat. I will be there tomorrow.

Must be YMMV. I remembered a store opened about six months ago near me and I was shocked when I went to buy two games and the manager asked if I was going to get a third free. I called my store and we weren't doing it.

I went to about ten stores today and no B2G1.

I went to one after work today and they didn't have this going on unfortunately. Luckily for me though I was able to pick up gitaroo man, arcana heart and persona 3 FES with the PS2/3/P 25% off coupon

Hey guys, first off I am new here and I love coming here daily. I am an owner of an independent video game store in Castro Valley in the Bay Area called The Game Alley and we have had this same deal for about a few weeks now. I plan to have it till the end of the month. Buy 2 games in PS2, xbox, or Gamecube and get the third one free. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

[quote name='TGAJR']Hey guys, first off I am new here and I love coming here daily. I am an owner of an independent video game store in Castro Valley in the Bay Area called The Game Alley and we have had this same deal for about a few weeks now. I plan to have it till the end of the month. Buy 2 games in PS2, xbox, or Gamecube and get the third one free. Let me know if you guys have any questions.[/QUOTE]

random as fuck...

[quote name='axgx']GAMESTOP ALWAYS STACK! ive been stacking every deals theyve got![/quote]

Maybe your Gamestop, but almost no one else's. Edge is the only thing that should consistently stack with other offers. Coupons and offers don't work in conjunction automatically in the system. The manager will have to override it and the chances of that are very slim.

[quote name='GuardianE']Maybe your Gamestop, but almost no one else's. Edge is the only thing that should consistently stack with other offers. Coupons and offers don't work in conjunction automatically in the system. The manager will have to override it and the chances of that are very slim.[/quote]

Indeed. Overrides are extremely rare.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I saw one Gamestop in Highland, IN with the sign on the window for this sale, but I was working, so I couldn't stop there.[/QUOTE]

Whoo!! Highland, Indiana!!

i think that the sign in your window is misleading. GS has a bunch of preselected Xbox and PS2 titles on sale Buy 2 GOF. they are trying to liquidate some of their older ps2 titles and just get rid of their xbox ones

[quote name='solo_boy3']i think that the sign in your window is misleading. GS has a bunch of preselected Xbox and PS2 titles on sale Buy 2 GOF. they are trying to liquidate some of their older ps2 titles and just get rid of their xbox ones[/quote]
Read the whole thread before you post almighty one. My store is new and new stores usually run B2G1F to jump start sales.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Read the whole thread before you post almighty one. My store is new and new stores usually run B2G1F to jump start sales.[/quote]
actully a gs in Jersey had buy 2 get 1 free on xbox games.

[quote name='CloseConfine']wats EDGE?[/quote]

It's the GS discount card. It entitles you to 10% off used games and accessories, as well as an extra 10% credit when you trade in games and accessories. It costs $15 for a year, and you also get a year's subscription to Game Informer, which is distributed by GameStop. I have heard, though, that GS was toying with a $20 price point.

Though the 10% doesn't seem like it much, it quickly adds up, if you like to take advantage of their deals on used games. For instance, if you were to use their latest coupon, 25% off used Sony console games, and you got three pretty new PS3 games that they usually sell for $55, you would be getting $5.50 off each game, already paying off the cost of subscribing.

My crew card for my work (part time fast food while I go to school) gets me B2G1 all the time. Its a pretty sweet deal, lol. Unfortunately, they won't let me stack it with the coupon or I'd have spent 200 bucks probably, lol.

[quote name='Bing147']My crew card for my work (part time fast food while I go to school) gets me B2G1 all the time. Its a pretty sweet deal, lol. Unfortunately, they won't let me stack it with the coupon or I'd have spent 200 bucks probably, lol.[/quote]

Must be a Mcdonalds Gold card ! :cool:

Primus, we need a location on this store. Almost all new GS stores do the B2G1 deal upon opening. Without the location this thread is useless to around 99% of the community.

bread's done
Back