Gamestop Buy 2 get 1 Used Sale Starting 9-16-05

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
All B&M Stores (at least in the NE region) are starting the regular B2G1 used sale tomorrow, 9-16, to an unspecified date (most likely just the weekend).

Normal rules apply, stackable with Gamestop card.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Which Gamestop do you frequent in the Detroit Metro Area?[/QUOTE]

Yay! Another CAG that lives by me! Anyways, I usually go to the one in Westland Mall, across the street from Best Buy. I sometimes go to the one in Livonia Mall, too but that's about it. I once went to the Fairlane Mall to get a copy of XenoGears, before the re-print. It was complete. ^.^ Also, when I check the store locator, it says that Fairlane has Lunar 2: Eternal Blue and Lunar: Silver Star Story in stock right now too. $39.99 and $40.99 is too rich for my blood anyways. I think everyone is looking for those two games so PM me if you want me to go check if they really do have those games. I know they're really rare, but I trust Fairlane because of my XenoGears from them! :D

[quote name='aoLat']Yay! Another CAG that lives by me! Anyways, I usually go to the one in Westland Mall, across the street from Best Buy. I sometimes go to the one in Livonia Mall, too but that's about it. I once went to the Fairlane Mall to get a copy of XenoGears, before the re-print. It was complete. ^.^ Also, when I check the store locator, it says that Fairlane has Lunar 2: Eternal Blue and Lunar: Silver Star Story in stock right now too. $39.99 and $40.99 is too rich for my blood anyways. I think everyone is looking for those two games so PM me if you want me to go check if they really do have those games. I know they're really rare, but I trust Fairlane because of my XenoGears from them! :D[/QUOTE]

Normally, I frequent the newer Gamestop in Detroit at Grand River/Fenkell because I work a few blocks away from it. Also, go to the one at Fairlane Mall don't go to the one at Fairlane Meadows often because it is always a crowd in that small store and occasionally the one at Westland since that is the one closes to me.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Normally, I frequent the newer Gamestop in Detroit at Grand River/Fenkell because I work a few blocks away from it. Also, go to the one at Fairlane Mall don't go to the one at Fairlane Meadows often because it is always a crowd in that small store and occasionally the one at Westland since that is the one closes to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, and great to see a fellow CAG so close! Sevdustflyer lives right near me, too.

Um, in the new GI where is the coupon at? I got an issue today from GS but I don't see a coupon in there! Is the coupon on a page you can pull out, or is it on a page in the actual magazine? I'm going to be pissed if the coupon is gone! >.

[quote name='DX']Is this over?

My local GS has BO:Revenge,RS:Lockdown and Incredible Hulk:UD all instock.[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure. Both Gamestops near me said it was just for the weekend(through sunday).

Kinda sucks I wanted to pick up a few games today.

[quote name='ManChowder']i'm pretty sure. Both Gamestops near me said it was just for the weekend(through sunday).

Kinda sucks I wanted to pick up a few games today.[/QUOTE]

It does suck, I was busy all weekend. I also wanted to pick up a few games.

I went to mine because i knew they had Persona 2, rhapsody, BoF 3 and 4, Star Ocean 2 as well as some other RPGS i wanted. But was told they were having no such sale.

if u arent a GameInformer subscriber, 14.99 gets you a 10% off used games discount card, and a yr subscription to the magazine.

this months issue has a coupon to get you buy 2 get 1 free on games, plus a coupon to get u buy 2 get 1 free on dvds too.

as long as you find 3 games for 12.99 or more, the subscription is free, and the more expensive the games are, the more you save.
lets say u pick up burnout revenge, incredible hulk, and MK:shaolin monks used, all 45 a piece normally. = $135
buy 2 get 1 free coupon (-45)=90
10% off with GI discount card (-9)=81
purchase GI subscription (+15)=96

savings=$39

plus you still have the card, which you save... well... tax pretty much, on all ur future used buys, plus get 10% more on trade-ins when they dont have trade promos going

I'm definitely going to pick up Radiata Stories (a store already has this used!) Rainbow Six: Lockdown (PS2), and either Battalion Wars (GC), or The Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (PS2). Then again I may wait until the 30th or 31st to get a used copy of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, but I highly doubt one will be in not even a week after its release date. Can anybody vouch for Radiata, Battalion, or Lockdown being any good, or Lockdown's online any good on the PS2? I've been wanting this game, but I'd rather get it free then pay full price for it. Thanks.

First and foremost, YMMV.

I did this by accident today. So, have pity before flaming.

Here's a sneaky, underhanded way to get a deeper discount from last weekend's B2G1F sale:

1. Look at your sales receipt.

For example, I had

ICO (X1) 0.00
$ Discount: $14.99 was taken off.
Reason: Buy 2 Used, Get 1 Fr
/Mgr:_______________________
RPG Maker II (X1) 17.99
Crimson Tears (X1) 17.99

2. Choose which of the two normally priced games to return. On the previous step, they are RPG Maker II or Crimson Tears. I chose Crimson Tears.

3. Return to store with receipt and game you don't want. I returned Crimson Tears.

4. Sign paperwork. I accepted $17.16 back for returning Crimson Tears.

5. Bask in (accidental) cheapness. I paid $17.16 for RPG Maker II and Ico.

If you're hanging onto 3 of those ubercool and rare Atlus titles that sell used for $45, following these steps would get you 2 of those titles for only $45 instead 3 for $90.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']First and foremost, YMMV.

I did this by accident today. So, have pity before flaming.

Here's a sneaky, underhanded way to get a deeper discount from last weekend's B2G1F sale:

[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing with my Disgaea - because it was scratched to hell.
I got credit for the $40 + tax it cost by itself, not the $40 * 2/3 it shouldve been.
Credit I then used + $30 more out of pocket, to get Res evil 2 , 3 and code veronica on GC.

Hmmm... I hope this all works out at my GS. I've been reading some reviews on Lockdown, and it seems like it's not that great. When all three of the games that I want come in stock used, I will buy Radiata Stories and Lockdown for $81 after GS card, and then get Battalion Wars for free. I think if I hand the clerk the games stacked in a certain order, I'll get BW for free. Then later I will return Lockdown (if I don't like it) and get Radiata Stories and Battalion wars for
~$36. AMAZING! If this all works out I will be so fucking thankful to you guys for pointing out this flaw in GS's system. Two brand new, used, games for $36?! Sign me up! :D

[quote name='aoLat']Hmmm... I hope this all works out at my GS. I've been reading some reviews on Lockdown, and it seems like it's not that great. When all three of the games that I want come in stock used, I will buy Radiata Stories and Lockdown for $81 after GS card, and then get Battalion Wars for free. I think if I hand the clerk the games stacked in a certain order, I'll get BW for free. Then later I will return Lockdown (if I don't like it) and get Radiata Stories and Battalion wars for
~$36. AMAZING! If this all works out I will be so fucking thankful to you guys for pointing out this flaw in GS's system. Two brand new, used, games for $36?! Sign me up! :D[/QUOTE]

Well, i got CREDIT back, so its money youd have to spend there.

Hmm... still seems like a good deal... I mean $45 + tax back is enough to get a "new" used game from there so I most likely will take my chances with getting this to work. I'll put Battalion Wars case on the bottom and hope they ring that up last, and I get that one for free. If they don't ring Battalion Wars up last and I get it for free, then I'll cry my eyes out! :'(
Getting Radiata Stories and Battalion Wars for ~$18 each used is a great deal, since they're both new games coming out about 2 weeks ago, and YESTERDAY. Lol. :D

bread's done
Back