gamestop buy 2 get 2 free xb360,ps3,wii,wiiu,3ds,ds,vita pre-owned games

Wii U is a system where you might actually be better off going digital. Which reminds me that I still need to test the copy of Lego City Undercover that I bought from GameStop.
When I was "going digital" I received maybe 8 games that had read issues, and Lego City Undercover was one of them. Everything I've received from Nintendo's servers obviously worked, so I stand by the digital only Wii U games 100%.

One of my games ended up having a scratch on the disc art and ended up being unreadable. Cannot do an exchange in the store as it's not available locally. How would I go about getting a replacement sent out? All i'm seeing on the site is a generic Contact Us form.

Also, not mentioned in the title is B1G1 on all shirts, new or clearance.

My store(s)  [4 of 'em] had a mix of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Marvel, all for $7.99 / ea.  2 for $8 basically.  Shop around for styles and sizes .. YMMV.

Worth mentioning, Guys shirts like mine wear out fast.  Cheap replacements are a ++.  I'm happy with $4 1st party quality shirts.

I bought duplicates as well .. because .. why not at $4?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was "going digital" I received maybe 8 games that had read issues, and Lego City Undercover was one of them. Everything I've received from Nintendo's servers obviously worked, so I stand by the digital only Wii U games 100%.
Yeah, the problem that I have with the Wii U is that the tablet controller and the system have to be on at the same time. If I could just start the damn thing with the Pro Controller like I do with every other system that I own, I would be good. Either I can't find where I put the tablet controller charger half the time or the touch screen isn't functioning properly. Those issues aren't related to the disc issues though.

I know I heard about Wii U games being notorious for this. Is it a works or it doesn't kind of situation. I don't need to sink significant time into each game just to verify it works, Correct?
Some wiiu discs just don't work period due to printing errors. Wind waker was a big one that had that issue where a good portion of them didn't work out of the box. There was one or two other wiiu games that had that issue but I can't recall them off the top of my head. no idea on vita carts but persona q the majority don't work from what I understand so that one you should test right away. Only brightside is atlus has a send in thing and they give you the digital version instead.

I like how my online order still says "in Progress" yet they been shipped, received, and currently sitting on my shelf.  Requested a replacement disc via a phone call.  Still waiting on that email.  How much time should I wait before calling again or is it a lost cause?

Now I do believe that Gamestop might shut down this year. Slim pickings with even slimer choices of games with original cover art. Prices are not that good either, could have sworn that I saw different prices for the same game in different stores.

Had two problems with purchases. Got RE: Revelations on 3DS & New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U. Dummies only had the sole disc for Super Luigi U and did not know why they had a case for the dual game but not the disc. Later they managed to confuse my Revelations game for Mercenaries 3DS, which I did not notice til I was home and opened the case. Almost had drive across town to exchange for the correct cartridge but the store employee was super cool and saved me the trip

Lego City Undercover worked just fine. The game's loading times are a lot longer than I'm used to, though. And even though my tablet controller is working for the most part after I recalibrated it, there are sections that don't register when I touch on them with my finger or the stylus.

Now I do believe that Gamestop might shut down this year. Slim pickings with even slimer choices of games with original cover art. Prices are not that good either, could have sworn that I saw different prices for the same game in different stores.

Had two problems with purchases. Got RE: Revelations on 3DS & New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U. Dummies only had the sole disc for Super Luigi U and did not know why they had a case for the dual game but not the disc. Later they managed to confuse my Revelations game for Mercenaries 3DS, which I did not notice til I was home and opened the case. Almost had drive across town to exchange for the correct cartridge but the store employee was super cool and saved me the trip
I mean, they're getting rid of ps3, xb360, and other last gen games so using that inventory as a measuring stick of GS' viability makes no sense. That said, GS' future certainly remains cloudy.

Did he or she drive to your house???

Now I do believe that Gamestop might shut down this year. Slim pickings with even slimer choices of games with original cover art.
I really hate to be the "Leave GameStop alone" guy, but this is the 2nd B2G2 free sale they've had in 2 months, 3DS is a dead system, and most 3DS games aren't traded in with the case to begin with

Some wiiu discs just don't work period due to printing errors. Wind waker was a big one that had that issue where a good portion of them didn't work out of the box. There was one or two other wiiu games that had that issue but I can't recall them off the top of my head. no idea on vita carts but persona q the majority don't work from what I understand so that one you should test right away. Only brightside is atlus has a send in thing and they give you the digital version instead.
Do you have a link for the Persona Q thing? Too late for me since I already bought the digital version, but if I could help others I will.

I like how my online order still says "in Progress" yet they been shipped, received, and currently sitting on my shelf.
I have several orders stuck in this limbo as well. They say they see it as completed and shipped on their end, so I guess we're stuck in perpetual progress. (its been like 6 months for the first order of mine that got stuck like this)

Pretty much all of my orders that ive already received still show as "in progress".  It looks like all the charges on my CC finalized, so I'm guessing there's 0% chance of these orders being "cancelled" & refunded.  

Using the App, suddenly lots of PS3 games that were in stock 3-4 days ago show as out of stock in SoCal. 

Wonder if someone has been mass ordering or something...

Did he or she drive to your house???
no I went to my nearest Gamestop and they said that I had to go to where I purchased it which was across town. But they got on the phone and did something that they just said that they can do an exchange here instead. Super cool of them to do so

Using the App, suddenly lots of PS3 games that were in stock 3-4 days ago show as out of stock in SoCal.

Wonder if someone has been mass ordering or something...

Some $9.99 ps4 and xb1 games that showed in stock 2 days ago, showed out of stock yesterday but they were there when I stopped by the store. The inventory on the app seems to be messed up.

I really hate to be the "Leave GameStop alone" guy, but this is the 2nd B2G2 free sale they've had in 2 months, 3DS is a dead system, and most 3DS games aren't traded in with the case to begin with
I have no idea what this post is trying to say.

But if I pick up a copy of Re Revelations in person in the Gamestop with the case along with other 3DS with cases in person in this same Gamestop store, I expect to get the same game not RE Mercenaries, which I never picked up.

Also everyone trades in their 3DS games with cases but Gamestop throws the cases away

Online and everywhere near me are pretty cleaned out. But that's to be expected as we're in week two now. Been tracking a few uncommon games far away but they're gone. No pokemon gold/silver/platinum/white(2)/black(2) within 100 miles of me.

GameStop selling excess inventory for whatever they can get. Obvious sign of being low on cash/in debt, no?

Some $9.99 ps4 and xb1 games that showed in stock 2 days ago, showed out of stock yesterday but they were there when I stopped by the store. The inventory on the app seems to be messed up.
Yeah, I've noticed a few games "flicker" in and out of stock. If there is a specific game you are looking at, I would check the website occasionally.

bread's done
Back