Gamestop buy 2, get 4 DVD's extra for free (Starts July 1st!!!)

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi everyone,

I know that a lot of Gamestop's have taken away their DVD sections but for the anime fans who still have stores near them that have a DVD section, I was buying some of the used anime with their buy 2 get 3 DVD ongoing promotion.

Then I was told that for anime, they are all not used...they were sent so many (I was told that outside of Gamestop elsewhere in the country, the corporate has "moviestop" or something like that and some DVD's they received are not all used...some are still newly packaged in the back.

Anyway, for those who are looking for older titles such as "Aura Battler Dunbine", "Sakura Wars", "Princess Nine", "City Hunter", "Crying Freeman" and many others, you may want to ask your store if they have more in the back. Granted, this may be YMMV but hell....since many of the anime DVD's are $4.99 (and you can use your Edge card for 10% off), this B2G3 extra for free is pretty cool if you can get some titles collections complete.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked my Gamestop and they didn't have much anime, but I was able to pick up the anime Z-Mind for $1.99.

They've been doing this at my local GS for a while, most of the anime has already been bought up, just a few titles here and there. Its a little sad though, this is the final gs in my area that was selling dvds. I wonder why they stopped selling them though, did it not bring in enough revenue?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I believe any dvd is buy 2 get 3 free now. At least my gamestop is doing it that way now.[/QUOTE]

I think the OP just specified anime but its true that its any type of dvd.

The Gamestop at Northridge Mall in the San Fernando Valley has a buttload of anime still. It's all junk, though. I only remember offhand Rahxephon and Devil Man or Devil Lady or something like that, along with most of the ones mentioned above.

[quote name='Link927']I think the OP just specified anime but its true that its any type of dvd.[/quote]

yup, any type of dvd plus Blu-ray and HD-DVD

[quote name='hiamiyumi']yup, any type of dvd plus Blu-ray and HD-DVD[/QUOTE]

no blu-ray movies or hdvd movies

Yeah, this deal kicks major arse! went to my local GS on Saturday and picked up the following:

National Treasure 2 (blu-ray)
Jumper (blu-ray)
Aliens vs Predators 2 (blu-ray)
Rambo (blu-ray)
Eragon (blu-ray)
Hitman (blu-ray)
Oceans 13 (blu-ray)
Happy Feet (blu-ray)
Troy (blu-ray)
Hellboy (blu-ray)

And only paid $64.80 + tax thanks to this buy 2 get 3 free... I Love You GameStop!!!

Hi everyone,

Had to revised the thread title since there is a new update.

Today, a manager from a Gamestop that still sells DVD's said that they are liquidating the DVD's and starting on Tuesday, July 1st...the sale will now become buy two DVD's, get Four DVD's for free!!!! I thought they were going to ship them all back but according to him, they are liquidating and starting with these new promotion.

Again, a lot of the DVD's are pretty cheap, including the box sets now and your Edge card will give you 10% off.

So, if you have a Gamestop that sell DVD's (and I guess even Blu-Ray or HD), check it out as they are trying to clear them all out!

[quote name='Bezerker']My stores have been doing B2G4 for over a year.[/quote]

I guess the other stores across the country will be following suit then with what your store is doing. I think GS really needed to phase their DVD sections and stores with DVD's, still have far more DVD's than they would like.

I have no idea about the Blu-Ray or HD-DVD stuff, our store is just old.. but seeing as one posted of getting Blu-Ray from the sale, that's a pretty cool if you can get a lot of them for free through this deal.

The only I have gone to haven't done more than buy 1 get 2 free, ever, and there are at least 5 around me.

Man did I get lucky, some guy traded in Aqua Teen Hunger Force seasons 1 through 4 just before I went to my store, so I ended up scoring all 4 seasons of the show, plus Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for like $38 after tax. If only the person traded in season 5 to :)

And I was almost at a loss for words at another gamestop, I walked in looking for Married With Children seasons 1 through 5. Well what do you know, they had seasons 1, 2, 5... no 3 and 4, so i didn't bite (nothing else was worth pairing with them). Oh well, this sale is another reason I'm going to be in debt by sometime in the next year.

bread's done
Back