Gamestop BUy GOW Ascenscion get GOW Saga (New) FREE

Awesome deal (not often I say that about GS).

Makes me wonder how long until all games will come in one collection. There is a reason why GS is trying to get rid of these. Maybe it's cause the DLC is expiring?

So if I bought Ascension last week, could I rebuy Ascension to get the Saga for free and return the new unopened copy to GS using my receipt from my purchase last week?

For some reason gamestop has banned my billing address - is there any workaround anyone knows of to purchase the game online.

[quote name='sandman8288']LOL, I thought this was Gears Of War. When I see GOW - I think Gears.[/QUOTE]
It's exactly the opposite for me. I think God of War when people use GoW to abbreviate Gears of War.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']I got the CE last week when it came out. Any chance of me being able to get this promo?[/QUOTE]
CE is out of stock online, so you would need to return that and buy a standard copy online. Try calling gamestop to see if they'll give it to you for free.

[quote name='usagi']CE is out of stock online, so you would need to return that and buy a standard copy online. Try calling gamestop to see if they'll give it to you for free.[/QUOTE]

Just did, looks like a no go which really sucks. My friend was thinking about getting ascension, so ill just see if he would let me have his free copy lol!

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Note that the GOW Origins code included with the GOW Saga expires at the end of this month so you better hope it ships fast.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is this code for? I know that God of War Saga includes God of War 1 and 2 on the same blu ray, God of War 3 on one Blu Ray, and Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta as a DLC code (not on disc). Is there some other DLC for God of War 1 and 2 that is expiring soon?

Edit: I did some quick research and it appears that the God of War Origins Collection code is the code for Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta. According to some people online, this expires on 3/31/13. So that's only 11 days from now. I guess this is why Gamestop is trying to get rid of these ASAP.

[quote name='oasisboy']Mandatory post about "new" games at GameStop. Never fails.[/QUOTE]

Followed by obligatory "I work at Gamestop therefore I must defend them" response.

Shitty business practice is shitty.

This deal however is good.

[quote name='NINJA V']anyone else think god of war saga -$20 after codes expire?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I don't think the DLC will actually expire at the end of the month. Not all DLC or Digital Copy codes expire as stated or when stated. But I guess we'll see.

[quote name='GBAstar']To be honest I don't think the DLC will actually expire at the end of the month. Not all DLC or Digital Copy codes expire as stated or when stated. But I guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

In my experience they always have. I've been trying to trade my code away but if it gets close to the date I'm just going to use it. I don't want to chance it.

[quote name='GBAstar']To be honest I don't think the DLC will actually expire at the end of the month. Not all DLC or Digital Copy codes expire as stated or when stated. But I guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

The Saints Row 2 game is still good on the SR3 online passes and that was supposed to only be good till end of Feb 2012. Although the pass codes themselves do not have an expiration date. Either way I think you are right about the codes.

I just got my copy of SR3 from BBY and it also had a code for Professor Genki's Funtime Pack and it was supposed to expire 2/15/2012 and it was still good. Hit or miss I guess.

[quote name='twiceborn']Anyone else getting charged tax for the full amount?[/QUOTE]
Add this question to the mandatory/guaranteed questions/complaints in every GameStop.com thread.

Yes. Everyone. Initially, every order shows tax for the full amount prior to any discounts. Before your items ships the amount will be corrected to reflect the correct amount.

for the people complaining about it being opened its fucking free so who cares !!!!! as long as the code works you are good to go. great games by the way. good thing bestbuy is giving me 20$ back for gow ascension or else i would have been mad about getting it at launch

This is just a marketing strategy. Pay MSRP $60 and get a $20 dollar game that the codes are about to expire. If you're in a rush to play the game it's a good deal. Other wise it's been like 2 weeks since this game launched. If anything it indicates this game will be like $20 bucks by the end of the year.

Or just wait a few week and you'll save more then $20 on a sale.

$67.24 total for me, I also bought Tomb Raider steelbook edition which I plan to flip to Best buy for some good ole credit, I need some new speakers for my damn Jeep.

What the hell, never played God of War before at all so why not jump in with the full series. :lol:

I paid the extra $3 for 2-day shipping since the download code may expire at the end of the month...

This feels like the parenting technique of letting the curious teenager smoke a cigarette, but only if he or she smokes the entire pack in one sitting.

Oh you want a God of War game, do ya? Here, why don't you take ALL of them?? Oh is six identical games too much for you?? Awwww, are you getting tired of the same combat across 80 hours of gaming? Is little baby gonna cwy? TAKE it. Go on. TAKE IT YOU PUSSY

[quote name='needler420']This is just a marketing strategy. Pay MSRP $60 and get a $20 dollar game that the codes are about to expire. If you're in a rush to play the game it's a good deal. Other wise it's been like 2 weeks since this game launched. If anything it indicates this game will be like $20 bucks by the end of the year.

Or just wait a few week and you'll save more then $20 on a sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah brilliant marketing. "Give them near expired codes...so if they don't redeem them right away, they only get three free games instead of five!"

Why can't people just be happy about free things? If you're going to buy GOW:A this is a great deal. At the very least you get all three main entries in the series, and an extra two games if you redeem the vouchers before they expire. You don't have to download the games, just redeem them and add them to your download list to grab later.

But omg forgot that since it's probably opened (won't be since you're ordering online), some employee probably use the codes! Because they're totally allowed to do that!

[quote name='supershammy']This feels like the parenting technique of letting the curious teenager smoke a cigarette, but only if he or she smokes the entire pack in one sitting.

Oh you want a God of War game, do ya? Here, why don't you take ALL of them?? Oh is six identical games too much for you?? Awwww, are you getting tired of the same combat across 80 hours of gaming? Is little baby gonna cwy? TAKE it. Go on. TAKE IT YOU PUSSY[/QUOTE]

U got daddy problems dude

Is "New" from the gamestop website opened?

Cause like, I thought they only open games in retail stores so they can put the cases on display. Wouldn't the gamestop.com website just ship them out from warehouses where they don't need to gut the game?

[quote name='supershammy']This feels like the parenting technique of letting the curious teenager smoke a cigarette, but only if he or she smokes the entire pack in one sitting.

Oh you want a God of War game, do ya? Here, why don't you take ALL of them?? Oh is six identical games too much for you?? Awwww, are you getting tired of the same combat across 80 hours of gaming? Is little baby gonna cwy? TAKE it. Go on. TAKE IT YOU PUSSY[/QUOTE]

How have you been a member of this site for almost 8 years and still behave like an adolescent idiot. Did you join when you were 8?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Is "New" from the gamestop website opened?[/QUOTE]
I've never had a problem ordering online from Gamestop. Only ever received sealed, minty fresh games.

Holy crap! Now thats one hell of a deal! If you own a PS3 and dont have these games, and are NOT all over this deal... you deserve to have your head ripped off by Kratos himself!

[quote name='supershammy']TAKE it. Go on. TAKE IT YOU PUSSY[/QUOTE]

[quote name='brewin']If you own a PS3 and dont have these games, and are NOT all over this deal... you deserve to have your head ripped off by Kratos himself![/QUOTE]

Something about this series brings out the aggression in people. :lol:

[quote name='HeightsBound']Sooooo......BB PM possible?[/QUOTE]
YMMV, Best buy does not PM bundle deals, but some Managers allow it.

[quote name='HeightsBound']Sooooo......BB PM possible?[/QUOTE]

It's worth a shot. Hope I can make it to a Best Buy before this is over... which is when?
This deal seems to end on March 24, 2013. I just can't find any proof of that at the moment.

[quote name='Crippldogg']So if I bought Ascension last week, could I rebuy Ascension to get the Saga for free and return the new unopened copy to GS using my receipt from my purchase last week?[/QUOTE]

Bought ascension last week, so I felt rather burned when I saw this deal last night. So I went on GS online, ordered the GOW bundle, paid for 2 day shipping and I'm returning the un-opened copy with my receipt.

All in all, I get a better deal and I'm only out 6.99 for shipping. Gotta use those codes before the 31st though!

[quote name='GBAstar']Followed by obligatory "I work at Gamestop therefore I must defend them" response.

Shitty business practice is shitty.

This deal however is good.[/QUOTE]

Followed by the trolling of "shitty business practices" and how you will never shop there, yet deals like this make you walk into a store.

By the way, weren't you told to stay away from GameStop threads? Some people never learn. You got heat from plenty of people here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340199

You know, when you go into Gamestop, you ARE allowed to ask for a sealed copy. I know this is news to a lot of people.

bread's done
Back