Gamestop buy TWO USED get one, coupon

coolrust

CAGiversary!
I RECEIVED A COUPON FROM GAMESTOP AFTER I SIGNED UP FOR POWERUP REWARDPRO FEW DAYS AGO. HERE'S THE EMAIL

Congrats on successfully activating your account. (What, like it was hard?) Now reward yourself by taking advantage of this special offer. Buy any two pre-owned games and the third one is FREE! Just click the link, log in, and you'll be directed to "My Active Offers" on your Dashboard to print out your coupon. GO!:bouncy:

just a reminder to all the flippers out there, they're keeping track of all transactions that happened when using the edge/power-up pro card card, and that's tied to your # and/or email you used... so ymmv as to how you're treated when you go trade in that 5th copy of halo/oblivion/[insert chunky flip game here] and if they'll accept it at all...
and derp, of course the coupon is one time use only, as the guy that was saying they crossed out the #'s and wrote it down, it's sot they can later update the account as having used their b2g1 coupon, since it was probably not done at the time the program went live nationwide; meanwhile, in so cal, they're pushing the program pretty hard at most places... XBAWKS HUEG stands and ads before you even walk in the store...
the only real difference between the edge card from before is that you now earn points;
i know some of you didn't know guides get 10% off already with the card, but were tricked into believing otherwise due to the guy behind the counter not scanning it or saying otherwise [protip: buying the game + the guide gets you an instant 20% off said guide] this stacks with the above, last i remember...

Got my card today at a GameStop today in Waldorf, MD. I was just wondering how long it typically takes before you get the coupon? I activated and even have 750 points already from doing basic profile stuff. I'd love to have it before the 16th of October.

[quote name='ParticleReality']Got my card today at a GameStop today in Waldorf, MD. I was just wondering how long it typically takes before you get the coupon? I activated and even have 750 points already from doing basic profile stuff. I'd love to have it before the 16th of October.[/QUOTE]

Mine showed up on the dashboard 24-48hrs after activation

I just traded in my edge card for a Pro card. My edge was set to expire in 12/10 though, so I wonder how long I'll have "pro" status

well i upgrades on 10/05/10 to the pro....looking to get my b2g1 this weekend....glad to see it hit the great city of philadelphia, pa....

I got the card yesterday in Western NY, they REALLY don't want you to take the free card and ask like 5 times if you want to upgrade before you even get the card. Mathematically its not worth it for me to get the upgraded card since I don't spend enough at GS. But they are promoting this big over here as well. I am happy they are giving shoppers at least something though, because before we got nothing. Of course I know we are going to pay for it in some way since all rewards programs are built into the cost of the product you are buying.

I wonder if there are any places that don't have the program yet.

I bought and actived my PowerUp card on October 5th, I still haven't gotten the b2g1 free coupon, do they email it to you? Also, how do I use my PowerUp card for GameStop.com orders..?

And btw, I'm up in Maine, they just recently got the PowerUp cards here and they have them in New Hampshire. So it's up here now.

edit: how come my PowerUp account says I have no games pre-ordered..?

Last edited by a moderator:
b2g1 free only works for the paid subscription membership. I signed up the free membership, activated my account onlone, no b2g1 free. My friend got the paid membership, activated it online, and got the b2g1 free right away.

[quote name='Psybuster']Actually I'm pretty sure it's in-store only.[/QUOTE]

That works for me. Thanks.

I received the card last month but I just went online to activate it. Found out the GS employee misspelled my email, I guess I would never receive my coupon. ( T . T )

[quote name='yokedog22']has anyone used the coupon more than once?[/QUOTE]

They use the barcode on the coupon when you check out, so if the store is doing their job properly, they'll just dispose of the coupon after use.

[quote name='Vacabck']They use the barcode on the coupon when you check out, so if the store is doing their job properly, they'll just dispose of the coupon after use.[/QUOTE]

But what if I made copies?

[quote name='yokedog22']But what if I made copies?[/QUOTE]

The coupon codes are unique codes, so they're not generic like their usual coupons in the weekly ad.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I have an unusual email (here's a hint: it's my username), so instead of saying it I just spell it. So if they spelled it wrong, it's their own fault. How do I access my account via my phone number? Didn't see that option at all.[/QUOTE]

There was some kind of account lookup function that allowed it.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I bought and actived my PowerUp card on October 5th, I still haven't gotten the b2g1 free coupon, do they email it to you? Also, how do I use my PowerUp card for GameStop.com orders..?

And btw, I'm up in Maine, they just recently got the PowerUp cards here and they have them in New Hampshire. So it's up here now.

edit: how come my PowerUp account says I have no games pre-ordered..?[/QUOTE]

B2G1 shows up in your dashboard with no notification as far as I can tell. To those still asking, it's only good in-store. Re: pre-orders, I'm assuming the system is wonky, because it only shows the one I have from the store I signed up for Powerup at, not a couple others I have floating around. Maybe the card has to be used at those stores for it to show?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']There was some kind of account lookup function that allowed it.

B2G1 shows up in your dashboard with no notification as far as I can tell. To those still asking, it's only good in-store. Re: pre-orders, I'm assuming the system is wonky, because it only shows the one I have from the store I signed up for Powerup at, not a couple others I have floating around. Maybe the card has to be used at those stores for it to show?[/QUOTE]

If you made those preorders before the upgrade, they won't show up.

I went in to shift a couple of preorders on stuff before the powerup upgrade, and they show up just fine now.

[quote name='Squarehard']If you made those preorders before the upgrade, they won't show up.

I went in to shift a couple of preorders on stuff before the powerup upgrade, and they show up just fine now.[/QUOTE]

but they do still exist then? I was just worried that when he told me he was switching everything over to the new card the pre-orders some how got lost in the process, that would've sucked haha.

So far my experiences with this switch to the new program are not so good, it's all confusing and seems a mess. I can't even figure out how to order items online with the new card, which is frustrating.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']

B2G1 shows up in your dashboard with no notification as far as I can tell. [/QUOTE]

Ooh, yeah I got it, just realized haha. thanks!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']but they do still exist then? I was just worried that when he told me he was switching everything over to the new card the pre-orders some how got lost in the process, that would've sucked haha.

So far my experiences with this switch to the new program are not so good, it's all confusing and seems a mess. I can't even figure out how to order items online with the new card, which is frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the preorders are definitely there, but all the transactions you did prior to the upgrade are pretty much non existent on the website since they have no way of tracking it due to all of that tied to the EDGE card.

Also, online purchases as of right now DO NOT count towards points that can be earned. I order online a lot, so it does sort of suck in that light, but hopefully they will count it for online once they get everything else settled.

i have to check. i almost forgot about it and i registered last thursday.

question. is this coupon only good for 1 purchase. i would assume so since it is in coupon form, but can i at least get multiple games with with coupon (ex. 2 b2g1 promotions, 6 games) on 1 transaction?

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, the preorders are definitely there, but all the transactions you did prior to the upgrade are pretty much non existent on the website since they have no way of tracking it due to all of that tied to the EDGE card.

Also, online purchases as of right now DO NOT count towards points that can be earned. I order online a lot, so it does sort of suck in that light, but hopefully they will count it for online once they get everything else settled.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that makes sense then, thank you.

And yeah but how exactly do we even use the PowerUp card on the GameStop website? every time I enter my card number and click save it doesn't do anything. Yeah hopefully this goes national soon or by the end of the year at least.

I wonder if the coupon will work again. I redeemed it earlier today and the website dashboard hasn't had the chance to update as the coupon still shows it under "active offer" for printing.

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, the preorders are definitely there, but all the transactions you did prior to the upgrade are pretty much non existent on the website since they have no way of tracking it due to all of that tied to the EDGE card.

Also, online purchases as of right now DO NOT count towards points that can be earned. I order online a lot, so it does sort of suck in that light, but hopefully they will count it for online once they get everything else settled.[/QUOTE]

One way to get credited with the Power UP points is to do an exchange in store. I got Transformers WFC during the 50% sale w/ preorder and wanted to get a better condition disc by exchanging it in store. I ended up getting extra bonus points on the original preowned price ($50) instead of what I paid for it with the deal ($20) since it was exchanged in store the game had to be returned and repurchased at $49.99. Bringing the packing slip will work for the exchange with no hassle.

For all the people concerned about not getting points for online purchases:

I don't know when this is starting, but Gamestop will be starting a Shop online, Pick up in store feature. I know somebody is going to say "They already have that", but currently it is only for preorder items. The new program you find an item on Gamestop.com, notify a store to hold it, and you will purchase the actual game in store. It does defeat the "shop at home" purpose a little (you do have to go to the store to pick it up), but you'll be able to use your PowerUp card and get the points by doing this since the actual purchase is made at the store, not through the website.

The reason it doesn't apply towards online purchases is because this is mostly a program for the physical stores, the program helps to compensate (a very little bit) for the higher in-store costs.

With online, you get to use coupon codes to lower the prices, in-store has a coupon very rarely.

They upgraded my card last week and just saw this coupon on my account. Problem is the expiration date on the coupon is 01/31/10. Will they take it? Anyone is same boat try the coupon?

[quote name='ponn01']They upgraded my card last week and just saw this coupon on my account. Problem is the expiration date on the coupon is 01/31/10. Will they take it? Anyone is same boat try the coupon?[/QUOTE]

It's probably just a typo. GS is still working out the kinks with their new website.

[quote name='ponn01']They upgraded my card last week and just saw this coupon on my account. Problem is the expiration date on the coupon is 01/31/10. Will they take it? Anyone is same boat try the coupon?[/QUOTE]

It's a typo. I just checked mine out under active offers it saids expires 1/31/11. Than when you click on it, thats when it says 1/31/10.. But ya definitely a typo.

[quote name='jd10984']It's a typo. I just checked mine out under active offers it saids expires 1/31/11. Than when you click on it, thats when it says 1/31/10.. But ya definitely a typo.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, just noticed mine says the exact same thing. I would hope it won't be any hassle to honor it, since it has a Power Up logo on it, which didn't exist yet in January 2010...

Sorry for bringing up an old topic but I never received my coupon. I checked my active offers and it said that none were available. Did anybody else experience this?

[quote name='parcel621']Sorry for bringing up an old topic but I never received my coupon. I checked my active offers and it said that none were available. Did anybody else experience this?[/QUOTE]
Yes, when I signed up I didn't see it either... it took them 5 days to activate my coupon.
If it's been longer than that, send support an email.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Forgot to mention that for whatever reason, I got 2,630 points when I signed up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='frpilot']strange. i checked my dashboard and also have 2630 points.[/QUOTE]You get points for going online and setting up your account. The GS peeps also said you get points for doing different things on the site like putting in your game collection, wishlist, etc.

I got the B2G1 Free coupon and used it once already. I noticed it's still sitting in my active rewards. Can I just keep using this same coupon again and again until the expiration?

[quote name='TheyCallMeMoney']I got the B2G1 Free coupon and used it once already. I noticed it's still sitting in my active rewards. Can I just keep using this same coupon again and again until the expiration?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Might try it.

[quote name='havuk']i signed up oct28th and have yet to recieve the b2g1f coupon...[/QUOTE]
Same here, except the 29th. I emailed gs about it & they said something about emailing someone else. I hope we're not just screwed.

They screwed up mine when the thing first came out. They replaced my Edge with a black card, rather than the silver one. They later replaced that with the silver one (no charge) and I hadn't gotten the coupon. It wasn't until I picked up something yesterday when the coupon showed up in my account.

As for it working multiple times...I see nothing saying it has a one time usage. Only one per customer, which usually means just for that transaction.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I was wondering the same thing. Might try it.[/QUOTE]

I tried it tonight and after scanning the 3 games the coupon didn't work. However it also doesn't give them a "coupon has already been used" type of message. After being baffled for about 5 mins the employees just removed 1 of the games and took the coupon. They kept blaming the system and naming a bunch of other issues.

I'm guessing the coupon has it's own code, but never linked to your account to prove you used it once already. If it is linked then they obviously don't have something to prompt the cashier about this issue.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']mine isn't in my account...where are you guys getting this? under active offers??[/QUOTE]

Yes, it took a few days for it to appear in my account.

It's been three weeks and still no coupon. Emailed support and they said they would forward my email to the correct department and I should have resolution in the next 5 days..

what a mess.

Kevin

[quote name='jd10984']It's a typo. I just checked mine out under active offers it saids expires 1/31/11. Than when you click on it, thats when it says 1/31/10.. But ya definitely a typo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, hoping so. Might need this to get some last minute gifts for my nephews.

I used my coupon a few days ago and logged on the website to find out that I don't have any points pending in. This leads me to believe they didn't scan my card? Is there any way to add the transaction with my receipt or anything like that? I don't see anything on the dashboard..

bread's done
Back