Gamestop.com B2G1 Glitch!! Buy any combo of PS2/GC consoles, get any used game free!!

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Not sure if this will ring anyone's bell....

Add any combination of 2 Refurb PS2/Gamecube consoles $29.99 each, add ANY used game for ANY system, highest used game prices seem to top out at 54.99, the game will be the free item.

Therefore you could potentially purchase 2 PS2s and/or Gamecubes and a $54.99 used game for $60...:hot:

Gamestop Refurb PS2 link
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/consoles/playstation-2-system-gamestop-refurbished/36743

Gamestop Refurb Gamecube link
http://www.gamestop.com/gc/consoles/gamecube-system-gamestop-refurbished/36647

ALSO WORKS WITH IPODS!!!
Cheapest Ones...Add 1 of each to cart...

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen 512mb (GS Refurb) 12.99
https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=908063

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen 1gb (GS Refurb) 14.99
https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=908064

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually wouldn't mind a PS2 slim, but I don't' think there are any near full priced games that are worth doing this on.

the deal is pretty much meh because of the selection... the only game for ps3 that is available for 54.99 used is mw3 and to be honest getting rid of the two ps2's or whatnot would be more trouble than its worth.

awwww damnit, I had a card showing it had more balance than I thought it did, so I went ahead and hit submit order, and it went thru... i dont really want a ps2, gamecube and modern warfare 3. lmao, that was stupid of me. is there a way to cancel an order?

edited first post, you can get it even cheaper with ipod shuffles, $27.98 + tax for 2 1st gen shuffles and then any used game

eh, even still you're paying $35~ after shipping and tax, or that's what it's coming up as for me. hopefully my orders get cancelled. it's not a bad deal really, but the ipods are essentially useless so about $35 for a used game or controller isn't that great

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']eh, even still you're paying $35~ after shipping and tax, or that's what it's coming up as for me. hopefully my orders get cancelled. it's not a bad deal really, but the ipods are essentially useless so about $35 for a used game or controller isn't that great[/QUOTE]
Yeah I have no use for the ipods. So I think I am going to pass on this one.

Just trade them back into Gamestop considering they take Apple products now. Unless I'm missing something here. You obviously won't get much for them, but it is still something.

[quote name='Blackjack13']Just trade them back into Gamestop considering they take Apple products now. Unless I'm missing something here. You obviously won't get much for them, but it is still something.[/QUOTE]

that's true, maybe a couple bucks each (if that). brings the game down to about $30. which isn't bad. but I have like 20+ games sitting on a shelf waiting to be played, and the only thing I'm interested in is Saints Row 3 but I feel that'll be down around $30 soon enough. the only ones that might be worth getting are like MW3 which probably won't drop much until they release a new one next year. and I was looking at Super Smash Bros. Brawl and other nintendo games that never drop, those might be worth getting with this.

[quote name='Sendoh']looks like no more ipod gen 1 (1GB)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you guys are too fast, I was too hesistant.
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently iPod shuffle® Gen 1 1GB (GameStop Premium Refurbished) is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart

Aw crap, I got some billing address error at the end and have to wait 24 hours before I can try placing an order again. -_- Was hoping to get a PS2 from the deal but I'm sure the glitch will be fixed by tomorrow night.

Anyone who got two PS2s or just used one as a filler in the order want to work out a deal?

[quote name='crr_1119']Aw crap, I got some billing address error at the end and have to wait 24 hours before I can try placing an order again. -_- Was hoping to get a PS2 from the deal but I'm sure the glitch will be fixed by tomorrow night.

Anyone who got two PS2s or just used one as a filler in the order want to work out a deal?[/QUOTE]

if my original order goes thru, I'm thinking it'll be cancelled as I placed a second one to purposely try to cancel out the first (both were made with credit). but we'll see what happens, if it goes thru I'll get ahold of you

[quote name='winterlane']I'm guessing there is no PUR 10% bonus when trading iPods. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

yeah it doesn't work on anything except games as far as I can tell. used to work on accessories.

Just add the iPod Shuffle Gen 2 1GB for $19.99 and the Shuffle Gen 1 512MB and any used game, brings your total to $32.98 not including tax or shipping.

After shipping, tax, and trading in the iPods back to GS, the total for any game would be around $25. I don't know what games I'd want besides Saint's Row: The Third. Debating on whether or not to go through with this deal.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']btw the ipod shuffle 512mb has a trade in of $6.75 on amazon if someone is looking for 75 cents more[/QUOTE]

The ones from GS definitely won't have any of the original packaging, so it would almost certainly be downgraded to Acceptable.

[quote name='Tsel']Just add the iPod Shuffle Gen 2 1GB for $19.99 and the Shuffle Gen 1 512MB and any used game, brings your total to $32.98 not including tax or shipping.

After shipping, tax, and trading in the iPods back to GS, the total for any game would be around $25. I don't know what games I'd want besides Saint's Row: The Third. Debating on whether or not to go through with this deal.[/QUOTE]

wished i saw this earlier. Now I am debating whether or not I should make a second order.

I'm sitting on:

PS2 Phatty
iPod Shuffle 512
Skyrim X360

For about $47 after tax and shipping. I can trade back the game and the shuffle for... what... $40? That nets me a PS2 for seven bucks. But i can't help but think the PS2 is going to be in fucking awful condition...

Yeah, I have most of the high-profile releases I want aside from Saint's Row. I honestly don't know what to do. All the other games I want are cheap enough to the point where it wouldn't be worth it for this deal.

[quote name='winterlane']The ones from GS definitely won't have any of the original packaging, so it would almost certainly be downgraded to Acceptable.[/QUOTE]

You only need that for Like New. Some ipods have the same credit for both Good and Like New since they're popular models.

NO! Looks like you can't buy the 512MB one anymore either. Now it looks like the lowest you can go is $40 before taxes and shipping.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']well decided to make my second order. cancellations incoming?[/QUOTE]
Most likely. The terms of the B2G1 exclude hardware and all Apple products. I guess we will see though!

[quote name='Tsel']NO! Looks like you can't buy the 512MB one anymore either. Now it looks like the lowest you can go is $40 before taxes and shipping.[/QUOTE]

Charizard!!! :)

... Yeah, this is just incredible. Lol, even with this insane glitch, Gamestop still can't manage to pull me in. I just know the PlayStation 2 system is going to be in garbage condition and likely with off-brand accessories, I expect Skyrim would show up scratched to hell, and the shuffle would have just been flipped right back to the store. I just couldn't will myself to deal with the hassle.

Good luck to those getting in... but I think I'm gonna pass.

i actually ordered the ipod shuffle 512mb just before you guys started saying it went oos. I hope that it didn't go out of stock while I was in the final order page.

bread's done
Back