Gamestop.com B2G1 Glitch!! Buy any combo of PS2/GC consoles, get any used game free!!

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Not sure if this will ring anyone's bell....

Add any combination of 2 Refurb PS2/Gamecube consoles $29.99 each, add ANY used game for ANY system, highest used game prices seem to top out at 54.99, the game will be the free item.

Therefore you could potentially purchase 2 PS2s and/or Gamecubes and a $54.99 used game for $60...:hot:

Gamestop Refurb PS2 link
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/consoles/playstation-2-system-gamestop-refurbished/36743

Gamestop Refurb Gamecube link
http://www.gamestop.com/gc/consoles/gamecube-system-gamestop-refurbished/36647

ALSO WORKS WITH IPODS!!!
Cheapest Ones...Add 1 of each to cart...

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen 512mb (GS Refurb) 12.99
https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=908063

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen 1gb (GS Refurb) 14.99
https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=908064

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much to the guy who said they converted new PS2s to used at Gamestop this week. Just picked up a brand new sealed one for $39.99.

The current advertised special at Gamestop is "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" on ALL instock preowned items. So anyone that just ran out to buy 2ps2s or 2 GCs...... ouch

[quote name='blindinglights']Thanks so much to the guy who said they converted new PS2s to used at Gamestop this week. Just picked up a brand new sealed one for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

nice, glad i could help out a fellow member. how did the process go exactly? did you ask about them converting them? or did you just ask for a used PS2 Slim?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']do you think I can call about the new PS2s for $40?[/QUOTE]

i dont think it would hurt to try. just be honest and ask them, say you heard about it from a friend or online. or a friend is a gamestop manager in another state haha.

[quote name='DCpinoy']nice, glad i could help out a fellow member. how did the process go exactly? did you ask about them converting them? or did you just ask for a used PS2 Slim?[/QUOTE]

Told the guy a friend told me they had been converted and asked if they had any new ones. He said "yeah sure, we have two, you want both of them?" I just bought one.

The first two stores said they hadn't had new PS2s in two years, which I thought sounded kinda strange, but they suggested I check the mall and that's where I found one, so whatever.

[quote name='blindinglights']Thanks so much to the guy who said they converted new PS2s to used at Gamestop this week. Just picked up a brand new sealed one for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

How do you know it is sealed???

doesn't say?

r u trolling us ?

Still debating on whether or not to get Forza 4 or Saint's Row: The Third. If the 512MB were still in stock or even the 1GB 1st Gen, I'd be all over it, but $40 isn't that great of a deal.

[quote name='kicker618']How do you know it is sealed???

doesn't say?

r u trolling us ?[/QUOTE]

In store, the new PS2s have been converted to used in their computer system. Therefore, if your store has any new ones left, you can but it for the used price of $39.99. You won't get a new one if you order online, I just posted it in here because this is where I read about it.

looks like all of my stores are sold out of the new Playstation 2. If anyone can pick one up for me, I will gladly pay cost of shipping +tax + the item of course.

I ordered Skyrim for the 360 and 2 ipod shuffle 2nd generations (1 GB) for $49.10 shipped. If it doesn't get cancelled the iPods sell for about $25 shipped on eBay each so I'd get Skyrim for cheap :bouncy:

[quote name='blindinglights']In store, the new PS2s have been converted to used in their computer system. Therefore, if your store has any new ones left, you can but it for the used price of $39.99. You won't get a new one if you order online, I just posted it in here because this is where I read about it.[/QUOTE]

well you cannot get this awesome glitch deal either if you do that right?

88561893.jpg

If your a PUR I'm not sure if this will combine but you can spend 3000 pts get a 20% off, and use your extra 10% if your a pro member and get 30% off.

Total Abt. = 60 + SH(9ish) = 69 * .70 = $48.30

So round it up to about 50ish for all three

weird, it said I didn't have enough credit for the orders to go thru (which I knew originally I didn't, so i don't know why it let me place them, i had like $15 in credit), but apparently the 3rd order I did for Assassin's Creed Revelations, in order to try to cancel out the other orders, went thru. so maybe i actually did have more credit than I thought. oh well, I'm some what interested in this game anyways, though not happy I'm actually paying $36~ for it instead of $30. I really fucked up last night, I was over tired lol.

still can't find a way to cancel an order, I think they should allow cancellations up to 24 hours or something

[quote name='kicker618']How do you know it is sealed???

doesn't say?

r u trolling us ?[/QUOTE]

i've seen it myself. the seal stickers are still on the box.

[quote name='Tsel']Still debating on whether or not to get Forza 4 or Saint's Row: The Third. If the 512MB were still in stock or even the 1GB 1st Gen, I'd be all over it, but $40 isn't that great of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Grab saints row. You will be absolutely glad you did. One of my top two last year.

hmmm tried to get skyrim but I'm getting this message

"Sorry,
Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

So I guess no useless ipods and skyrim for me today

[quote name='jbcampb1']I ordered the exact same thing and received a verbatim message.[/QUOTE]
hmm i guess this is how they are planning on killing the deal since the only time i ever bought online from them was Blazblue Calamity Trigger and that was a few years ago.

Well I got a weird occurrence....Placed too identical orders (because first I accidentally used outed credit card info) and the 2nd one with the updated credit card is the one that I got an email about being declined!? So my incorrect credit card info was fine, but not my accurate up to date info?!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i called and asked if they had a Brand New PS2 in stock. Do the new ones show up as the used ones on their computer? Should I go check in person?[/QUOTE]

From my experience today, the new PS2 slims don't even exist in the GS system. These show up as used in the system and even qualify for the B2G1 promo. According to the GS employee, you can't get a console as a free item. Good luck!

[quote name='exaznkid']hmmm tried to get skyrim but I'm getting this message

"Sorry,
Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

So I guess no useless ipods and skyrim for me today[/QUOTE]

Be very careful, that's not anything about killing the order, that means (at least as far as I've encountered) that you're blacklisted on Gamestop's computers. Time for a little story...

Back in mid December I tried pre-ordering Xenoblade for the Wii. It came up with that error. I tried again the next day, and the day after. I contacted my bank to make sure there was no issue there...and there wasn't. Finally I called in and spoke with a rep who was happy to place the order for me, but told me that for whatever reason, my address had been blacklisted. He said they're using a new system for the computers, and sometimes it just happens if you've ever had any problems, such as claiming fraud to have money returned, etc. even if it was at another store (which seemed more than a bit unbelievable to me). I hadn't done anything like that though, but I placed the order and as far as I was concerned I was done with it. He told me to check my order history in a few days to see it appear.

It didn't. I called in again a week after to be told my order had been canceled and nobody had bothered to tell me. They then said I couldn't place the order, and that I should just go in store to buy a gift card in the amount needed, and to use that. I spoke to a manager who pretty much just said "There's an error but we can't fix it. Goodbye". I bought the gift card and went to use it but...got the same error. I called in a few more times, and two investigations were supposedly launched to find what the error was, but both times I just got an email stating that I would be unable to buy from Gamestop.com.

Now normally I'd just blow it off and buy my games elsewhere, but I had $20 in credit that was only usable online. I called back one final time and had to demand that the issue be resolved. I ended up speaking with a very nice woman who, after putting me on a brief hold, said she had found and corrected the problem. After that I was able to order online.

Why'd I go into that? Just to let you know to be careful with that warning, as it can mean more than just this one order being affected.

Yep. That's a blacklist message. I've never done anything remotely shady with my orders, and hardly order online due to the crappy and unpredictable used condition, but awhile back I thought I'd give the online system a shot again and tried to get the Dark Souls Collectors Edition when it was still rare, and bam, couldn't place an order. I called and was told it was a glitch. Tried again about a month later, when the 360 hdds went on sale, same problem, called and was told it was because i was using an ip address that didn't match my billing area, but that they look into it. Tried again a few months after that due to some other sale, same problem. Didn't even bother calling. As far as I know, I still cannot order online.

[quote name='dchrisd']Yep. That's a blacklist message. I've never done anything remotely shady with my orders, and hardly order online due to the crappy and unpredictable used condition, but awhile back I thought I'd give the online system a shot again and tried to get the Dark Souls Collectors Edition when it was still rare, and bam, couldn't place an order. I called and was told it was a glitch. Tried again about a month later, when the 360 hdds went on sale, same problem, called and was told it was because i was using an ip address that didn't match my billing area, but that they look into it. Tried again a few months after that due to some other sale, same problem. Didn't even bother calling. As far as I know, I still cannot order online.[/QUOTE]

Don't use or even give a CC; only use GS credit. That's how I get around it. Giftcards might work too, but I haven't tried.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Don't use or even give a CC; only use GS credit. That's how I get around it. Giftcards might work too, but I haven't tried.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work for me. I deleted my cookies and entered as a guest. I only used GS gift card and still get the warning.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If you think this is bad, never get in trouble with ebay. It is that multiplied by 100.[/QUOTE]

really? what happened?

I sell on there lol

If you somehow get banned(which you don't need a reason for) then they will automatically block your name, address, password, IP address, email, CC number, bank account number, phone number from making accounts with them in the future from both ebay and paypal.

They will ban you for no reason whatsoever either. For example, you could be selling an item at a cheaper price than a major retailer that also lists there, and that retailer can complain to ebay telling them that you are hurting their sales. Ebay will ban you simply because they don't want to lose that other seller's business, and you'll never be able to get back unless you use a totally different identity.

I used to think the horror stories were exaggerations until my friend suffered the same fate. I personally have not, but I know first hand because I spend weeks with him trying to get his account back and there is nothing and I mean nothing you can do. Their CSRs are told to not talk to banned members either. You are essentially totally cut off.

I got banned off amazon.com and they did the same thing .. I had to many buyer cancelations ..which are out of my control and 100% positive feedback ..it was ridiculous since then I have been selling on ebay for a year w/o issues and c list locally

however, I still can buy on there ... I will say I have ben more inclined to complain on there now that I got kicked as a seller ... I am very bitter about the whole situation

with that being said on ebay I am all positive with one neutral after 79 transactions

so I am good for now lol

[quote name='SW4J']Be very careful, that's not anything about killing the order, that means (at least as far as I've encountered) that you're blacklisted on Gamestop's computers. Time for a little story...

Back in mid December I tried pre-ordering Xenoblade for the Wii. It came up with that error. I tried again the next day, and the day after. I contacted my bank to make sure there was no issue there...and there wasn't. Finally I called in and spoke with a rep who was happy to place the order for me, but told me that for whatever reason, my address had been blacklisted. He said they're using a new system for the computers, and sometimes it just happens if you've ever had any problems, such as claiming fraud to have money returned, etc. even if it was at another store (which seemed more than a bit unbelievable to me). I hadn't done anything like that though, but I placed the order and as far as I was concerned I was done with it. He told me to check my order history in a few days to see it appear.

It didn't. I called in again a week after to be told my order had been canceled and nobody had bothered to tell me. They then said I couldn't place the order, and that I should just go in store to buy a gift card in the amount needed, and to use that. I spoke to a manager who pretty much just said "There's an error but we can't fix it. Goodbye". I bought the gift card and went to use it but...got the same error. I called in a few more times, and two investigations were supposedly launched to find what the error was, but both times I just got an email stating that I would be unable to buy from Gamestop.com.

Now normally I'd just blow it off and buy my games elsewhere, but I had $20 in credit that was only usable online. I called back one final time and had to demand that the issue be resolved. I ended up speaking with a very nice woman who, after putting me on a brief hold, said she had found and corrected the problem. After that I was able to order online.

Why'd I go into that? Just to let you know to be careful with that warning, as it can mean more than just this one order being affected.[/QUOTE]
Ah well that explains a lot though I can't really think of a huge reason why gamestop would ban me, unless ur not allowed to do returns at all.

[quote name='exaznkid']Ah well that explains a lot though I can't really think of a huge reason why gamestop would ban me, unless ur not allowed to do returns at all.[/QUOTE]

I got banned from gamestop.com for returning the same game twice when they sent me two copies both with burned in rings. Ever since then I get the oops were unable to process your request everytime I try to buy anything on there.

I'm not bent out of shape, GS is hardly competitive as a B&M outlet. As far as I am concerned, I just saved myself some trouble in the future. Now if it were Amazon.....

[quote name='kicker618']I got banned off amazon.com and they did the same thing .. I had to many buyer cancelations ..which are out of my control[/QUOTE]
Care to elaborate? Buyers canceled their own orders or you cancelled the buyers orders? If it was the buyers doing the cancelling, there must have been a reason - incorrect listing, crappy service, taking too long to ship.

One of my local GS' had what looked like 3 "new/used" PS2s in stock. I got one of them. Still all sealed and fresh. I got the 2 year replacement plan but I don't even know if I'll open the system, I still have a perfectly fine 90000 series from the Lego Batman bundle from a few years back. Still, happy day for me.

[quote name='Halo05']One of my local GS' had what looked like 3 "new/used" PS2s in stock. I got one of them. Still all sealed and fresh. I got the 2 year replacement plan but I don't even know if I'll open the system, I still have a perfectly fine 90000 series from the Lego Batman bundle from a few years back. Still, happy day for me.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, we're the ps2s sitting out in the store or were they in the back room?

So something weird but interesting happened today at Gamestop, so I decided to pick up one of those PS2 slims (still don't really know if it's new but whatever) and I picked up 2 other games one of them being Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3;

so then i called another gamestop to see if they had Dead Island instock and asked if i could exchange my UMvC3 for Dead Island, was kinda expecting a "no" but then the guy said it's possible but I might have to pay the difference which was pretty much zero because they are the same price;

So then i went to the store and did the exchange and they gave me back $3.80; at first i thought "ok that makes sense?" then i checked the receipt and i realized they kinda screwed up so... awesome!! i get to buy myself a gallon of gas. I know this is probably just a fluke but yea, kinda makes up for supposedly being banned on their website

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Just wondering, we're the ps2s sitting out in the store or were they in the back room?[/QUOTE]

For the one I picked up today, it was backroom, most stores I called said they haven't seen a new ps2 in over a year. The store I picked up from had no problem putting it on hold for me over the phone. I highly doubt most employees care about this enough to lie...

[quote name='exaznkid']So something weird but interesting happened today at Gamestop, so I decided to pick up one of those PS2 slims (still don't really know if it's new but whatever) and I picked up 2 other games one of them being Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3;

so then i called another gamestop to see if they had Dead Island instock and asked if i could exchange my UMvC3 for Dead Island, was kinda expecting a "no" but then the guy said it's possible but I might have to pay the difference which was pretty much zero because they are the same price;

So then i went to the store and did the exchange and they gave me back $3.80; at first i thought "ok that makes sense?" then i checked the receipt and i realized they kinda screwed up so... awesome!! i get to buy myself a gallon of gas. I know this is probably just a fluke but yea, kinda makes up for supposedly being banned on their website[/QUOTE]

Same kinda thing happened to me during the last B2G1. When they did the return before rebuying they gave me back full credit for the games forgetting to take off the 10% for PUR (so I got $39.99 back instead of the $35.99 it cost).

I suspect the ban is linked to your IP address because both my address and my alternate shipping address (a relative's house) were banned at the same time. Different account, name, address, gift cards etc. Maybe my phones 3G would work. It's almost not worth it to me because of all the extra effort returning cracked, messed up discs they regularly send out.

bread's done
Back