GameStop.com cancelled my Borderlands GOTY Edition order

iNFiNiTE HORiZON

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
so, I waited up all that time on "Cyber Monday" to order Borderlands GOTY, which everyone knows GameStop took forever to switch the price to $29.99, well, my order ended up not going thru (as I use a greendot card and I miscalculated by about 90 cents) I recieved an email telling me I needed to check with my credit card company, etc. I put more money onto my card within the 48 hour time limit they gave me, and responded to the email with "RESOLVED" as they told me to do. But, my order was cancelled anyways, and I recieved no follow up email telling me it was cancelled, I only just realized that it's been over a week and I got other orders from GameStop (I've done a lot of online shopping over the past few weeks, so it can get confusing), I had to go onto GameStop.com and check my order statuses and saw that they cancelled my Borderlands order. This sucks, as it was going to be a christmas gift to my brother. But what can I do?

I still don't understand why people come HERE first and ask for help instead of the place that they bought the item from.

I was going to warn you about people putting you down about this kind of post, but scorch beat me to it. I've been burned by Gamestop, too. You could start to shop other places. Toys-R-Us doesn't price match, but others match them and there are some good deals right now.

[quote name='Scorch']I still don't understand why people come HERE first and ask for help instead of the place that they bought the item from.[/QUOTE]
Well, to be fair most people play COD all day and haven't learned how to function as adults yet.

[quote name='Scorch']I still don't understand why people come HERE first and ask for help instead of the place that they bought the item from.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Well, to be fair most people play COD all day and haven't learned how to function as adults yet.[/QUOTE]

+inf.

obviously I contacted customer support before posting here, so chill. I only posted this thread to get some additional advice from people on here who have dealt with GameStop.com multiple times. I don't know why some of you even feel the need to post in a thread that you can't offer advice to. some of you "adults" need to get your head outta your ass and stop being so fucking up tight. You all play video games too, this is a gaming website. So chill the fuck out with that noise please and thanks.

also, heard back from customer support and they told me sorry for cancelling your order and told me to re-order (even though the item is now out of stock, lol)

This happened to me a year ago. What happened with me was that they sold the item I'd ordered in the day it took me to see the email, fix the problem, and reply. Then, instead of saying that, they just canceled the order for no real reason. I can't remember if they charged my card for the purchase or not, but if they didn't charge you, I'd just try amazon/ebay instead.

[quote name='Specter Fate']This happened to me a year ago. What happened with me was that they sold the item I'd ordered in the day it took me to see the email, fix the problem, and reply. Then, instead of saying that, they just canceled the order for no real reason. I can't remember if they charged my card for the purchase or not, but if they didn't charge you, I'd just try amazon/ebay instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking that's what happened. They're claiming I had no money on my card when I placed the order (which I didn't, but I put money on it right away and replied with RESOLVED to the email within 48 hours), and they claim that I didn't resolve it within the 48 hours, and they sent me another email (which they didnt). So I dunno, I'm guessing they just didn't try my card again after I put money on it for the purchase, or they just didn't want to sell me the item at the sale price. The last email they sent me is telling me to re-purchase the item from their website (which is $40 now), and that they're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused me. I'll order elsewhere.

bread's done
Back