GameStop.com Pre-Owned Box & Manual Guarantee - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

i don't think it's base on the # of posts... otherwise this thread will be flooded with tons of short posts.

congrats to the winners, man, talk about some sour grapes...

[quote name='J7.']Congrats to the winners. How does Cheapyd choose the winners in the contests he does?[/QUOTE]

You can generate a list of everyone who posted in a thread by clicking on the reply count in the forum display. It only lists everyone once, no matter how many times they've posted in a thread. I then copy & paste that list into a spreadsheet and use www.random.org to generate the winners from that list.

[quote name='CheapyD']You can generate a list of everyone who posted in a thread by clicking on the reply count in the forum display. It only lists everyone once, no matter how many times they've posted in a thread. I then copy & paste that list into a spreadsheet and use www.random.org to generate the winners from that list.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty cool. Thanks for telling us!

[quote name='CheapyD']You can generate a list of everyone who posted in a thread by clicking on the reply count in the forum display. It only lists everyone once, no matter how many times they've posted in a thread. I then copy & paste that list into a spreadsheet and use www.random.org to generate the winners from that list.[/QUOTE]

Well when I just did that, those names didnt come up...

Congrats to the winners!!

[quote name='Snake2715']Well when I just did that, those names didnt come up...

Congrats to the winners!![/QUOTE]

Was that a joke? I sure hope it was since the website's address is even www.RANDOM.org...

Congrats to all the winners, thanks Cheapy for continuing to run this community the way you do. Just curious, how many individual posters entered the contest?

Congrats to all!!! We're all winners in a way by being on CAG... I've saved so much on video games just by browsing all the amazing deals here...

[quote name='estofan']Congrats to all!!! We're all winners in a way by being on CAG... I've saved so much on video games just by browsing all the amazing deals here...[/QUOTE]

true dat

[quote name='Virgil_Leone']I don't appear to have won...must be a mistake.
Just kidding, congrats guys! Damn though, 4072![/QUOTE]
I know! I didn't even think half that many would be caught dead in a GameStop!

well I'm not sure where to post this but has anyone else ordered online and is still disappointed. I bought 8 xbox360 titles and yes they all have cover art and instructions but 5 of them are in generic black cases (not the xbox green). Also not very pleased with the condition of the discs, at B&M stores most of the time they are perfect these from online seem a bit "fuzzy or cloudy". Oh well, just wanted to vent a bit

[quote name='isaidnoyoucant']well I'm not sure where to post this but has anyone else ordered online and is still disappointed. I bought 8 xbox360 titles and yes they all have cover art and instructions but 5 of them are in generic black cases (not the xbox green). Also not very pleased with the condition of the discs, at B&M stores most of the time they are perfect these from online seem a bit "fuzzy or cloudy". Oh well, just wanted to vent a bit[/QUOTE]
You're not the only one. I've ordered 4 used games from them and they're all scratched up or buffered. What I do is just exchange the game discs in-store. Guess that's the bad side of saving money.

blast_from_the_past.jpg

GameStop.com Pre-Owned Box & Manual Guarantee - Notice how GS doesn't guarantee this online anymore...that didn't last long. Maybe it's time to buy this stock (GME) LOL. This, ubiquitous refurb fees, registers "missing" or wrongly applying promos, and what looks like a triple bottom, maybe it's time to MAKE money on their stingy and sometime unscrupulous ways. seriously

my Assassins Creed 2 360 didn't come with the artwork..... consider me done with ordering online on Gamestop (didn't see the fine print). Only reason I ordered was because I have a bunch of credit, but with it being a fairly new game and the "guarantee" I figured it was good.

[quote name='urge26']my Assassins Creed 2 360 didn't come with the artwork..... consider me done with ordering online on Gamestop (didn't see the fine print). Only reason I ordered was because I have a bunch of credit, but with it being a fairly new game and the "guarantee" I figured it was good.[/QUOTE]

You should take it to the store and have them give you the artwork. Mention the "guarantee";)

[quote name='urge26']my Assassins Creed 2 360 didn't come with the artwork..... consider me done with ordering online on Gamestop (didn't see the fine print). Only reason I ordered was because I have a bunch of credit, but with it being a fairly new game and the "guarantee" I figured it was good.[/QUOTE]

Take it to the store and mention the "guarantee". They'll probably give you the artwork. Did it come with a manual?

Should you have any issues regarding GameStop.com., simply email us and we will promptly respond to your request. You may also call the GameStop.com Customer Service Center at (800) 883-8895 and a representative will assist you. Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CST); Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CST)

just print a new artwork. but still, they betrayed their guarantee. =0

Dont know if they changed the wording in the past few days but currently the "guarantee" reads:

Just like some pre-owned car dealers put their vehicles through a rigorous 125-point check, we put our pre-owned Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and DS games through a rigorous check, too, but we've narrowed it down to four points. Game works: Check! Game has a box: Check! Game has an instruction manual: Check! Game is packed with love, the secret ingredient: Check!

(emphasis added)

So they'll give you a box, but not necessarily a box that corresponds to your game's system. They'll also give you an instruction manual, but no mention of the cover art.

UPDATE: Upon a second look at Cheapy's original link, it seems that they substituted "a box" for the previously promised "cover art". Shady as hell. If you do go to complain, make sure you print out the "guarantee" from Cheapy's link (and take the link too to show it's still on their site). Otherwise, they'll claim ignorance and just go by the revised version.

I'm usually one who think GS hater here on CAG are way over the top, but this right here is a total fraud (if not in the legal sense, definitely in the common sense).

For shame GameStop. You've pissed away what little goodwill you had gained: in less than 3 months even.

Not that I really care, but I found it strange that my my recent purchase of NFS:S came with generic cover art. Oh gamestop, if your prices weren't so right for me, I wouldn't put up with your shadyness.

One of the ONLY ways games get to GS.com is if a store has way too many of them (very unlikely for new releases) or they come back to the store damaged and need to be resurfaced. If you are buying a game from GS.com you ar 80+% likely to be getting a resurfaced disc. Didn't you ever wonder why so many ps3 games are never in stock at GS.com? They don't scratch as easily so are never sent it to get refurbished.

Most likely you are going to get a chewed up disc online. If you want the online discount and a perfect disc you are going to have to go through the trouble of finding one at a b&m location and asking to exchange or gasp, buy-->return

Does anyone know if gamestop restocks their used games very often. Im looking for NHL 10 for ps3 and it hasnt been in stock for a while.

[quote name='hostyl1']Dont know if they changed the wording in the past few days but currently the "guarantee" reads:

(emphasis added)

So they'll give you a box, but not necessarily a box that corresponds to your game's system. They'll also give you an instruction manual, but no mention of the cover art.

UPDATE: Upon a second look at Cheapy's original link, it seems that they substituted "a box" for the previously promised "cover art". Shady as hell. If you do go to complain, make sure you print out the "guarantee" from Cheapy's link (and take the link too to show it's still on their site). Otherwise, they'll claim ignorance and just go by the revised version.

I'm usually one who think GS hater here on CAG are way over the top, but this right here is a total fraud (if not in the legal sense, definitely in the common sense).

For shame GameStop. You've pissed away what little goodwill you had gained: in less than 3 months even.[/QUOTE]

If you click on the link on the pre-owned games guarantee it brings you to this page - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pog/ where they still guarantee cover art. I'd raise a stink, especially if, when you buy the game, it says "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box with original cover art and instruction manual."

Gamestop, if you can't guarantee this, then go back to the "game is guaranteed to work but may not include instructions or original cover art." That, or get some competent people at your warehouses where you ship these out of. Reprimand and, eventually, fire those that can't follow directions. It is an inconvenience to the consumer to have to go to a store and return or exchange the product, or send it back to you, when you failed to deliver on your guarantee. Maybe you should watch a little Tommy Boy and learn something about guarantees.

Hmmm, seems like the gaurantee is no longer valid. A quick look through their pre owned ps3 listings confirms that, at least today, they're not gauranteeing anything. Sucks.

[quote name='cheeky']Hmmm, seems like the gaurantee is no longer valid. A quick look through their pre owned ps3 listings confirms that, at least today, they're not gauranteeing anything. Sucks.[/QUOTE]
yeah, I was going to bite on a wii game but it said it may not include box and manual, I've suspected the guarantee is no more for a while and I guess this confirms it

Two guaranteed games today came non complete. Man gamestop is always such a risk to deal with...they always take a step forward then 3/4ths of a step back! They started offering up these amazing deals and guarantees...but now it seems the guarantee is worth nothing, not to mention many stores are getting rid of PS2 game cases and manuals meaning that its harder and harder to get replacements for old games.

I would love it if CheapyD contacted gamestop about this issue and pinned them down on either truly guaranteeing their games, or getting rid of it.

[quote name='rpnguyen']this is why i try to buy new when dealing with gamestop[/QUOTE]

Problem is that when your getting 35-40% off it makes it hard to justify buying new and easy to justify taking a risk on a used copy. Especially when its always been you can easily return games to gamestop stores...well at least till recently, I and others are reporting stores being dicks about returns now!

They might just be trying to get rid of all the "disc only" games they've been stocking up, and bring back the guarantee eventually (or not...).

I just hate how there's no reduced trade-in value for games without the case or manual.

bread's done
Back