GameStop.com Pre-Owned Box & Manual Guarantee - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Meh . . . I broke my "no ordering used games from the GameStop website sight-unseen" rule a couple of weeks ago because of the guarantee and ordered a used game. Sure, it did indeed come with a cover and a manual. The disc was scratched, the manual was beat to all hell, and the cover had some unidentifiable black crap stuck on it. Needless to say, that shit went straight back to the nearest store, and my rule went right back into effect, guarantee or no.

Unless they're going to guarantee the condition of everything as well, their guarantee is worthless to me anyway. They might as well kill it.

Awesome opportunity, I know I've been waiting for the gold box of RE5 to become used at my local store, I should just check online.

[quote name='jbroush99']What a bunch of aholes. Then again, you aren't even guaranteed a complete copy when you buy new games in store.[/QUOTE]

I beginning to think it doesn't matter anymore.

I've noticed when I buy a new and sealed game from a big box retail store, the manual if already beat up and finger picked. Sometimes the case, already warped or chipped...

New games just don't come mint anymore.

Sure enough, I bought three games from GS online and one of the them was complete, the other two were missing Cover Art, Box, and Manual.

Freaking unacceptable, especially for them to not mention it or anything... gonna send them an email ASAP

[quote name='Porpoise King']Sure enough, I bought three games from GS online and one of the them was complete, the other two were missing Cover Art, Box, and Manual.

Freaking unacceptable, especially for them to not mention it or anything... gonna send them an email ASAP[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, i polity pointed it out and all I got back was a general "we are sorry you are dissatisfied but our site clearly states that manuals and cases are not guaranteed"

used game from gamefly are usually cheaper and always mint with original cover and instructions. Best part is you don't have to be a member to order from them. I generally don't deal with gamestop used games anymore. it's becoming harder and harder to buy a game with box art and manual in decent condition. between the stolen games that get sold there and the fact that some games are flipped 5 and 6 times it's pointless to sift through the stacks of crap to find a decent copy.

Why are people still posting game names here? The contest ended 7 months ago and the winners list is posted in the OP, not to mention the "WINNERS ANNOUNCED" in caps in the thread title. :roll:

So the guarentee was only temp? As I just got a game I ordered for a friend online (Phantasy Star Universe - X360) and it came without a manual and what looks like a Hollywood video artwork.

[quote name='Nico0020']So the guarentee was only temp? As I just got a game I ordered for a friend online (Phantasy Star Universe - X360) and it came without a manual and what looks like a Hollywood video artwork.[/QUOTE]
Yep, it was only for a limited time. The last three-four orders I've made have all came with generic artwork and black cases.

bread's done
Back