Gamestop.com: Wii/DS Stacked Promo B1G75%off (with CAG16+PUR, it's better than B1G1)

SEGAMew

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was shopping on Gamestop.com for some games (surprise surprise, still hoping for Xenoblade restock), and saw the Wii/PS2 B1G50%. It unfortunately makes it so you can't mix and match the two systems (you need 2+ PS2 for the qualifying discount, or 2+ Wii, not 1x PS2 and 1x Wii). Then while shuffling games around to get the most out of my money and value of games, I noticed the following two promos got applied:

50DSWII - Buy any pre-owened Wii or DS game, get the second 50% off! Expires 02/02/13. Other restrictions may apply.
B1G50OFF - WII - Buy any pre-owned Wii game, get the second 50% off! Expires 2/17/2013. Other restictions may apply.

So say I grabbed two copies of Epic Mickey, $17.99 each. Subtotal is $35.98. After the two promos kicked it, the total is $25.78. So it's roughly 76% off the second game IF it's a Wii OR a DS game. No Wii U or 3DS here.

If you apply CAG16 and PUR (total additional discount of 26%), you grand total is $17 + tax and shipping (or no shipping if you have more stuff and qualify for SAVER) for two copies of Epic Mickey for the Wii.

I got Epic Mickey 2 (Wii), Godzilla Unleashed (Wii), Dark Cloud 2 (PS2), and Shadow Hearts (PS2) for $59.51 and tax.

Tips and tricks:

- The lowest valued games all get the discount even if you have Xenoblade Chronicles, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and 10 copies of That's so Raven in your cart.
- Make use of the SAVER code (free value shipping on orders $24.99+ pre-tax)
- Get the best value and make separate transactions containing similar priced games (so that you don't end up with 5 free copies of That's so Raven while paying full price on $45 games)
- Requires 2x Wii games to double dip, otherwise things caluclate as normal if you have 1 Wii and 1 DS game.
- HOWEVER if you have something like 2x Wii games and 1x DS game, BOTH the 2nd Wii and the 1 DS games get the 50% off. Sweet!
- And if you have 2x Wii games and 2x DS games in your cart, the highest priced Wii game is reg price but the other 3 are half off. Radical!
- CAG16 for 16% off
- Birthday code doesn't work, niether does the 15% off pre-own game from the previous PUR Deal of the Week
- Great for picking up expensive Nintendo titles that hardly go down in MSRP
- Online only
- If the games arrive to your home in unsatisfactory condition, swap at your local Gamestop.

Have fun guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Watcher033']Sweet thanks OP! Grabbed Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Mario Party 9 practically B1G1.[/QUOTE]
Heh, ordered the exact same thing. :)

So lame. I still can't order stuff online from Gamestop.
Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

Surprisingly my order shipped 8 hours later after putting my order in and expected to arrive Monday (order placed Wednesday).

I paid for $0 Value shipping lol. Not sure whether to be pleased or concerned.

Thanks OP.

I picked up Conduit 2 & Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with free shipping for a total of $18.89 + tax (reg. 19.99 each).

Now hoping they show up in decent shape...

a heads up in store you could just swap the cag16 for the birthday coupon for essentially the same thing. I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 43.xx and 17.xx with the promotion, birthday coupon, and PUR.

No, it's not, the point is that online you are getting almost two B1G1 50% off and then on top with the CAG16 and PUR, it ends up almost like B1G1F. However most titles are unavailable online, but if they have it online, there is no reason to buy it in store... even if you get disk only, you can always go in store to do a swap.

PS: Thanks OP!!! This is awesome, I picked a lot of secondary games that I hadn't brought over the holiday B6G 30% off deal.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']a heads up in store you could just swap the cag16 for the birthday coupon for essentially the same thing. I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 43.xx and 17.xx with the promotion, birthday coupon, and PUR.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Asgardian']No, it's not, the point is that online you are getting almost two B1G1 50% off and then on top with the CAG16 and PUR, it ends up almost like B1G1F. However most titles are unavailable online, but if they have it online, there is no reason to buy it in store... even if you get disk only, you can always go in store to do a swap.

PS: Thanks OP!!! This is awesome, I picked a lot of secondary games that I hadn't brought over the holiday B6G 30% off deal.[/QUOTE]

oh wow...haha I didnt notice....it IS 2 b1g1 50% 's. never mind haha ignore my comment.

Sadly I'm just seeing this now and most of the good stuff is long gone. I was able to pick up Dokapon Kingdom with a few other things I was looking for, though. Thanks, OP.

Just placed a second order, worked fine. The two 50% off coupon are applied automatically when you have the right items (DS/Wii X 2) in cart. Only need to apply the CGA16, SAVER, and your PUR.

Strange, I had Okami & Monster Hunter Tri in my cart earlier and they didn't pop up, so I typed them in and they said invalid. Just deleted my cart completely, re-added the games and it showed up.

Thanks for letting me know to try again.

Best of 2013 so far!!!

Got Resident Evil Archives and Punch Out for $18.89 before tax. Tax was charged to original amount but it should fix itself when it's shipped. They take the PUR 10% off first, then CAG16 off that, then 50% off that, then 2nd 50% off that. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='J7.']Best of 2013 so far!!!

Got Resident Evil Archives and Punch Out for $18.89 before tax. Tax was charged to original amount but it should fix itself when it's shipped. They take the PUR 10% off first, then CAG16 off that, then 50% off that, then 2nd 50% off that. Thanks again OP![/QUOTE]

Nice pick ups.
I got punch out for $10 at sears months ago and kmart had resident evil archives for $6. great games for the wii.

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Damn, I just realized how good of a deal this is lol. Time to start buying Wii games![/QUOTE]

if u like shooting games then get house of the dead 2 & 3 and overkill.

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice pick ups.
I got punch out for $10 at sears months ago and kmart had resident evil archives for $6. great games for the wii.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. You did good too. When did you get RE for that price?

Grabbed Super Paper Mario, SM Galaxy, LOZ Twilight Princess, and Bully Scholarship Edition for $38 shipped.

Now I just need a Wii...(seriously)

Man, I really don't know what to get. I don't collect for/play my wii, but I want to start.

I have Okami and Super Paper Mario in my cart so far. Any other suggestions?

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Man, I really don't know what to get. I don't collect for/play my wii, but I want to start.

I have Okami and Super Paper Mario in my cart so far. Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Super Mario Galaxy is awesome. Some other recomendations:

LOZ Twilight Princess / Skyward Sword
No More Heroes
Punch Out

I loved Super Swing Golf too but it is sort of niche.

[quote name='The Punisher']kmart. also got dead space wii for same price[/QUOTE]

I know you said Kmart, but when did you get it?

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Man, I really don't know what to get. I don't collect for/play my wii, but I want to start.

I have Okami and Super Paper Mario in my cart so far. Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

RE 0,1,4,Chronicles games. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Mario Kart, Zeldas, Punch Out, Paper Mario, SSBB, DKCR, Excitebike is only $5, Metroid Prime 3 is $5.

Thanks OP and thanks for the tip on games. Went ahead and bought Res Archives and Okami.
Prolly wont play the Res but hey good price, would have bought Mario Strikers but it was only a dollar cheaper total (but a 5 dollar cheaper game) so I went with value.

Thanks guys, I ended up squandering the Okami/Paper Mario and getting SSBB and Dokapon Kingdom. Great start to the Wii collection. Thanks OP!

EDIT: Also, what do you guys mean by swap at your local gamestop? Do I just take the disc only game and ask for a complete one or what?

[quote name='Watcher033']Sweet thanks OP! Grabbed Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Mario Party 9 practically B1G1.[/QUOTE]

Got my shipment today. Mario Party was complete and in decent shape. Kirby was missing the manual. Neither on had the nintendo club codes but didn't expect them too. Discs looked immaculate.

Heh, my copy of Kirby's Return to Dreamland is in very good condition. Comes with manual and Nintendo Club code (though I haven't try to redeem it; waiting until "next year"). On the other hand my copy of Mario Party 9 is also in very good condition but no manual and the case/cover is fuck-ed.

1 1/2 out of 2.

I thought Gamestop only sent refurbished if you buy online. Do they actually send non-refurb games from time to time?

Wow, I'm thoroughly pleased and surprised by how my orders showed up. I placed four different orders and fully expected to have to try and exchange everything in-store for more complete copies.

Ended up getting all of the following complete and mint:

:wii: Dokapon Kingdom
:wii: Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
:wii: Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
:wii: Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (with unused Squeenix code)
:wii: Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobos Dungeon
:wii: Fishing Resort (Xseed)
:wii: Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
:wii: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
:wii: Ivy the Kiwi?
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn (with unused Club Nintendo code - which I already have if anyone wants to trade codes)
:wii: Okami
:ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!!
:ds: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

The following arrived in varying forms of incompleteness and/or unacceptable condition:

:wii: Bleach: Shattered Blade
:wii: Klonoa
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:wii: Transformers: The Game
:ds: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
:ds: Kirby Super Star Ultra
:ds: Pokemon: Platinum
:ds: Pokemon: Soul Silver
:ds: Super Princess Peach

Not too shabby. Most of the stuff that I need to try and exchange in-store shouldn't be much trouble finding in-stock.

Thanks again OP.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is either Wii promotion valid in store?[/QUOTE]

One of them already expired. Not sure about the other one, probably not. In store is usually B2G1 for Wii/DS.

so myt order came today and one of the games was epic mickey 2 but it had epic mickey 1 in the case instead. i opened a case at gamestop.com, has anyone else ever had this problem?

I have received my two orders (I wasn't able to cancel my first order @__@

I got:

2x Dark Cloud 2
2x Shadow Hearts
2x Epic Mickey 2
1x Ace Attourney: Trials and Tribulations
1x Godzilla Unleashed

Everything came complete except one of the Dark Clouds and Shadow Hearts. 1 of the Epic Mickey is missing the manual and Godzilla is missing the manual.

I got 4 games and all were resurfaced and resurface poorly (I can see the gross goo on the inner ring of the disc). 1 came in a generic case that was smashed. 2 came with art and manual though the art was in rough condition. 1 came with just the art in good condition. Going to try and exchange to get complete copies. I didn't expect all complete copies, but the poor resurfacing and smashed case and art was not good.

[quote name='SeanAmI']I got 4 games and all were resurfaced and resurface poorly (I can see the gross goo on the inner ring of the disc). 1 came in a generic case that was smashed. 2 came with art and manual though the art was in rough condition. 1 came with just the art in good condition. Going to try and exchange to get complete copies. I didn't expect all complete copies, but the poor resurfacing and smashed case and art was not good.[/QUOTE]

Mine were the same. I plan on exchanging them.

[quote name='rawer']Thanks OP.

I picked up Conduit 2 & Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with free shipping for a total of $18.89 + tax (reg. 19.99 each).

Now hoping they show up in decent shape...[/QUOTE]

Conduit 2 arrived in the Limited Edition packaging (including Artbook) that was in great condition. Of course, that meant that the disc will be unreadable (pops up an error message about ejecting the disc and restarting the system). Tatsunoko vs. Capcom arrived complete, but in so-so condition (disc was pretty gross...didn't even want to insert it).

Ordered a second batch: the #2 Conduit 2 (vanilla edition) arrived playable, but #2 TvC arrived without artwork/manual.

Returned the second order with the unplayable Conduit 2 disc & the generic case/gross disc TvC.

Tempted to try a third order (no local stores have them in stock) to try and get better, but doubt I'd have much luck.

bread's done
Back