Gamestop deal "trade in 3 360 games and get extra $20 credit" extended to July 29th

saddamizer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was originally slated to end on Sunday the 8th. This is especially good if you have games that are only valued at about 8-10 dollars as it nearly doubles thier trade in value. I was gonna unload Just Cause and Lego Star Wars tomorrrow but with this extension it gives me time to actually beat the games--or at least make an effort too.

I bet gamestop extended this in part for people who buy NCAA football and decide they'd rather have Madden instead.

I think they do, I read the terms a bit ago but Ive been up way too long so my memory's a bit fuzzy. 60% certain they are

Burger King games would be a hell of thing, what did they cost like 4 bucks with a purchase?

So you'd basically be making over 150% of the initial cost of the game.

It would be the same as if they offered 90-100 dollar trade in value for a regular game.

Expires: 7/29/2007. 2006 & older sports titles, Burger King titles, NCAA Football 2007, X-Men, & Perfect Dark Zero excluded from offer. Other exclusions apply. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.

I need to call and see how much I can get for Crackdown, NFS Most Wanted and hmmm what else can I trade..... I want NCAA 08 but dont wanna spend $.

time to get rid of my sealed halo 2 limited edition and gears of war limited edition and some other limited edition. ahhahahahhahahah

if anybody takes advantage of this (or gets taken advantage of) post it here so we can get some updated prices

i was thinking of possibly doing a few but am a bit preoccupied at the moment

hahaha trade values called and asked:

Crackdown: $9 (she said it went up $1 since last week)
NFS: MW - $8
Madden 07 - $4
TMNT - $10 (wondered if it was worth flipping from Gamecrazy)

They said the $20 bonus for trading 3 was dead but told me to print the web page and they'd honor it.

$41 towards NCAA 08 is tempting for a few games i haven't played in forever and prolly won't play much more of.

[quote name='icyjones']i'll buy crackdown off of you, to save it from that abysmal trade in value.[/quote]
;) it's disc only (they subtract $1 each for every game that doesnt have case they said, manual they don't care) all 3 games i listed are disc only that i've picked up cheap and the other 2 titles are pretty worthless value wise. Plus I really don't have anything else to trade and the $20 bump helps the total so....

[quote name='trunks982']time to get rid of my sealed halo 2 limited edition and gears of war limited edition and some other limited edition. ahhahahahhahahah[/quote]

Isn't Halo 2 just Xbox, not 360?

wow, those prices are insane. I traded Madden 07 for regular Xbox to GameCrazy and got 11$ for it. If at all possible trade your games at GameCrazy, EB is evil and takes advantage of gamers, not that GC doesn't, they just don't do it as bad.

I wanted to trade in a brand new copy of Eragon (got as a gift) and they wouldn't count it towards the 3 games. Says any game that costs $5 or less does not count even though it doesn't directly say that on the flyer which was annoying.

[quote name='Jonathan360']I wanted to trade in a brand new copy of Eragon (got as a gift) and they wouldn't count it towards the 3 games. Says any game that costs $5 or less does not count even though it doesn't directly say that on the flyer which was annoying.[/QUOTE]

I was told that by a few stores but others told me any game not listed on the flyer as a excluded game was fine. The best part is the flyer shows a copy of "The Outfit" with pictures of the newer games they want you to trade in and I know for a fact that game trades for less than $5.00.

This deal blows. I went there with like 22 games and theyd only accepet 8 of them. Now 5 of those were on the exclusions list.

NBALive 06
NBA 2K6
Madden 06
NCAA Basketball 2K6
NCAA Football 2K7

But I guess Blitz the League counts as a 06 sports title,so that was excluded too.

Than they excluded:

The Outfit
ChromeHounds
Eragon
PGR3
Ridge Racer 6
King Kong
Call of Duty 2
Lego Bionicle ( I just recently bought that for $35 new, it shouldnt be excluded)

So they wer going to take the following 8, which issnt even a 3 value, so I was left with 2 games:

Pirates of the Carribbean
Spider-Man 3
Phantasy Star Universe
Pimp My Ride
Cabalea African Safari
Quake 4 ( dont see why this was accepted but Lego Bionicle wasnt)
Ninety Nine Nights
SuperMan Returns

8 games for $120 credit. He told em $80 for all 8 of those plus $40 exta for the groups of 3. Not worth it imo. So I left

Went to GameCrazy and traded in Spiderman and Pirates for $60 trade in and took advantage of there clasic plastic sale. Bought

9 Genesis games
1 Dreamcast game
4 Snes games
4 N64 games

and I found a copy of Shadow Hearts 1 (PS2) for $7.99, so had to pick that up.

With $3.64 left in store credit.

So screw you EB/Gamestop

Maybe this would be the best time to trade in madden? I could hold out to the 29th and not wait that long for 2008. Hmmm.

Of course they don't want sports games. Damn things are designed to be obsolete and the store is too tightfisted to give money to customers for trading the most logical games in.

I never trade games in at Gamestop anymore. I'd rather sell them on eBay directly to someone who wants it than support that shady racket.

[quote name='$hady']hahaha trade values called and asked:

Crackdown: $9 (she said it went up $1 since last week)
NFS: MW - $8
Madden 07 - $4
TMNT - $10 (wondered if it was worth flipping from Gamecrazy)

They said the $20 bonus for trading 3 was dead but told me to print the web page and they'd honor it.

$41 towards NCAA 08 is tempting for a few games i haven't played in forever and prolly won't play much more of.[/quote]

I'll give you $15 paypal shipped right now for NFS:MW.

FlamedLiquid, it would have been nice to get the quotes for all those games for the Wiki. Anyway, I updated the wiki with $hady's prices. Keep 'em coming and I'll keep it updated.

I don't see using this deal myself unless it is just to transfer some credit from GC to EB. TMNT is a good one for that, but I'd need to find 2 others...

I got right around $55 for:
Gun
Fignt Night: Round 3
World Series of Poker (it's a long story how I got that one...)

Renewed my edge card ($15) for the subscription to Game Informer, Pre-ordered CE of GTA IV and pre-ordered standard edition of Two Worlds. Have something like $20-25 on my Edge Card.

Hmmm.. Wonder how much they'll give me for The Darkness?

[quote name='Cursor']I got right around $55 for:
Gun
Fignt Night: Round 3
World Series of Poker (it's a long story how I got that one...)

Renewed my edge card ($15) for the subscription to Game Informer, Pre-ordered CE of GTA IV and pre-ordered standard edition of Two Worlds. Have something like $20-25 on my Edge Card.

Hmmm.. Wonder how much they'll give me for The Darkness?[/quote]since the darkness is so new, I'd consider trying craigslist before eb. you can get $40 easy for it on clist. I got $45.

[quote name='Kendro']Nice. This gives me roughly 3 weeks to beat King Kong, The Godfather, and Lego Star Wars II.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath. deal doesnt work with King Kong. Wouldnt be surprisedif they didnt take Lego Star Wars as well seeing as its only $20 new now and the fact they didnt take Lego Bionicle for the deal.

[quote name='io']FlamedLiquid, it would have been nice to get the quotes for all those games for the Wiki. Anyway, I updated the wiki with $hady's prices. Keep 'em coming and I'll keep it updated.

I don't see using this deal myself unless it is just to transfer some credit from GC to EB. TMNT is a good one for that, but I'd need to find 2 others...[/QUOTE]

What quotes exactly? I thought the Wiki was just made of prices.

FYI, Oblivion is receiving the GOTY treatment this September so it is probably best to unload it asap. The CAGwiki lists the trade-in value at $2 though. Is that hopefully a mistake?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']What quotes exactly? I thought the Wiki was just made of prices.[/QUOTE]

The prices you would have gotten for all the games you listed! They don't get into the wiki unless a CAG posts them in the forums and someone (like me ;)) then updates the wiki. So it is frustrating to see "I would have gotten $xx for these 15 games" type posts without the individual breakdown for each game (for the wiki).

I don't know about that Oblivion quote, Kendro. That definitely seems like a mistake - it is probably $20. I don't remember updating that one, so hopefully it wasn't me ;). If you find out please let me know and I'll update it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']

for you rich people with 360s..[/QUOTE]

Crap I waited one too many days to trade in my Madden 07.

[quote name='ajh2298']Crap I waited one too many days to trade in my Madden 07.[/quote]

i only saw this flyer at one gs all weekend there is a chance some stores didnt put them out yet. just try and get some expendable lackey to do the deal and dangle a preorder in front of his face lol

[quote name='velvet396']Will they take Prey, Tomb Raider Legend, and Ridge Racer 6?[/QUOTE]

Ridge Racer 6.........no. As for the other 2 I doubt it since you can find both of those for $25 or less new.

Hmm, the store next to where I work took the sign out of the window. I wonder if they have the sign in store.

Not that I would do it anyway. I did the Game Crazy trade in deal a couple of weeks ago selling WSOP, Outfit, Rumble Roses, and Enchanted Arms for Forza 2, no money OOP.

Well, it's either do this to get NCAA 08 or return the two games I just bought at TRU to get it.

I'll take a few and see what they say. Probably will be Burnout, Amped 3 (may be excluded), Oblivion, FNR3 and Prey. I'll take Star Wars along just in case, too.

Oblivion $17
Burnout $10
FNR3 $8

All qualify.

That was a pretty good trade. $5 OOP for NCAA 08 and I was going to rebuy Oblivion when it went GOTY anyways.

Went in to pick up Project Sylpheed today and traded in some 360 games. I can confirm this promotion is still going and it should work automatically if your games qualify:

7/11/07 for the Wiki
Def Jam Icon: $12 (after bonus and Edge card, $19.87)
Marvel Utimate Alliance [regular edition]: $12 ($after bonus and Edge card, $19.87)
Dance Dance Revolution Universe [game only]: $9 (after bonus and Edge card, $16.57)

It was funny since I picked up DDR Universe from Circuit City so I would have a 3rd game to trade in to get the extra $20. With CC's clearance price I got more credit for the trade in at Gamestop than what I bought it for ($13.78).

so check this out, my local best buy has a bunch of games on clearance right now. it's buy 5 games for $50. after taxes it's 54 even for 5 360 games. the games included are

NHL 2k7,
Marvel UA,
Table Tennis,
Call of Duty 3,
Enchanted Arms,
Smackdown vs Raw 2007,
Superman Returns,
and Splinter Cell Double Agent.

I can flip the higher trade in games for about 60 cents on the dollar, maybe a little more at gamestop. But i just wanted to throw out that i'll also pick any up for and cag's who would want them, at a small profit for time. let me know via pm, and also if you think i should post this anywhere else.

[quote name='espionage']7/11/07 for the Wiki
Def Jam Icon: $12 (after bonus and Edge card, $19.87)
Marvel Utimate Alliance [regular edition]: $12 ($after bonus and Edge card, $19.87)
Dance Dance Revolution Universe [game only]: $9 (after bonus and Edge card, $16.57)[/quote]
jeez!!! You traded those in for those prices!? GameCrazy still gives 30ish for Def Jam and at least 20 for Marvel.. that's before bonuses, too! man..

icyjones.. I wouldn't mind CoD3, Marvel and Enchanted Arms for $30+shipping.. so.. around $35 shipped

[quote name='icyjones']so check this out, my local best buy has a bunch of games on clearance right now. it's buy 5 games for $50. after taxes it's 54 even for 5 360 games. the games included are

NHL 2k7,
Marvel UA,
Table Tennis,
Call of Duty 3,
Enchanted Arms,
Smackdown vs Raw 2007,
Superman Returns,
and Splinter Cell Double Agent.

I can flip the higher trade in games for about 60 cents on the dollar, maybe a little more at gamestop. But i just wanted to throw out that i'll also pick any up for and cag's who would want them, at a small profit for time. let me know via pm, and also if you think i should post this anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Damn dude, that's a sick deal. I would definetly take COD3 and Marvel if someone else wants to pick up only 2 or 3.

cochese, go ahead an pm me so i can time/date requests. does anyone know if this trade 3 get 20 extra works with the bonus trade in if you put it towards halo 3 pre-order? is that promo even still going?

nevermind, i see that it ended on the 8th, curses.

I would also go for Marvel, icyjones.

Yesterday I took in :
Gears of War
Lost Planet LE
GRAW 1

Got $60 altogether even though I had to point out to the worker that the extra $20 was still going on.
He asked where it said that, I said a big freakin banner behind me on the wall!

bread's done
Back