Gamestop Dumping GBA Games - The Reckoning Begins April 18, B2G2 (17th for PUR Pro)

It's only the 10th, give them time to start the good deals (granted, it would be for the lousier games since the good once might already get picked.)

The Gamestop near here had the NES collections at about $14.99 except for the Donkey Kong version which was $6.99. Figured I would still wait and hopefully pick them up for cheaper later.

I can't believe I haven't seen Ninja Five-O on any of the lists (unless I missed it). If you guys see any copies, be sure to pick them up. They are worth good money, and it's a great game. I still have a couple of sealed copies from Fry's clearance.

I already have a couple hundred GBA games, mostly complete and pretty much all the 'quality' games, so there will probably only be a scant few I will pick up for the collection. But once they hit any decent discount I will pick up all the non-bootleg copies of quality games I can find.

I spent maybe $100 on the GB/GBC clearance when it hit 85% off (with EDGE) and got 300 or 400 carts. Outside of the ones that went into the collection, I stil have a few left for resale but I made at least a thousand bucks reselling the rest individually on eBay/Amazon and locally over the past couple of years. It would be really nice if they eventually drop them to 75% off/85% with PowerUp.

[quote name='karkyco']I can't believe I haven't seen Ninja Five-O on any of the lists (unless I missed it). If you guys see any copies, be sure to pick them up. They are worth good money, and it's a great game. I still have a couple of sealed copies from Fry's clearance.[/QUOTE]

According to gamestops website they have one for $5 at
Carmel Mt. Ranch11865 Carmel Mtn RdSte 1107 San Diego, CA 92128 (858) 385-9172FYI (any CAG's near by should call and see if they got it and grab it)

I forgot about Ninja Five-O since I could never track down a copy in my area. I'll add F-Zero GP Legend, had a lot of fun with that game, along with Mech Platoon.

Good luck with Ninja Five-O. As someone who hunted for a copy for years and plugged the game into store trackers pretty much everywhere in the country where I had a friend with GSes nearby, the number still available at GS is probably in the single digits nationwide. I only ever had one appear on the store tracker within a 100 mile radius of me, 60 or 70 miles away somewhere in Kentucky. It's long gone now.

I'll be sure to hit up this sale, although I don't think I can swing the $200 or so I put into the GB clearance :lol: I'll probably just pick up a couple of formerly-overpriced things like Pokemon Emerald and hope I can find a box.

I did swing by GS today and they had marked some down a good bit. Nintendo stuff like Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, etc. were still around 15 to 30 dollars, but some of the other games like Breath of Fire 1 and 2 were 5 to 10. So it looks like it's starting early.

If there is a mega clearance date I wonder if I can camp out on what I want a week ahead of time and then return / rebuy for the lower price. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what I want for the forsaken system.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']If there is a mega clearance date I wonder if I can camp out on what I want a week ahead of time and then return / rebuy for the lower price. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what I want for the forsaken system.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is that you run the risk of the games you want being sold out beforehand. And they don't seem to have any such date yet.

Car Battler Joe is another overlooked GBA game, and its very cheap at GS, its a very good game so I recommend everyone pick it up if they see a copy nearby. I already played it so I will leave that one to everyone else.

Ninja Five O will be impossible to find, I was never able to find it on the store tracker here and I have been looking for years. Also this is a commonly bootlegged game so you have to watch out for that.

Another one is Pinball of the Dead, I managed to find a copy for 2.99 at a GS a couple years ago and was thrilled.

[quote name='SaraAB']Car Battler Joe is another overlooked GBA game, and its very cheap at GS, its a very good game so I recommend everyone pick it up if they see a copy nearby. I already played it so I will leave that one to everyone else.

Ninja Five O will be impossible to find, I was never able to find it on the store tracker here and I have been looking for years. Also this is a commonly bootlegged game so you have to watch out for that.

Another one is Pinball of the Dead, I managed to find a copy for 2.99 at a GS a couple years ago and was thrilled.[/QUOTE]

Pinball of the Dead is swell :D

[quote name='SaraAB']Car Battler Joe is another overlooked GBA game, and its very cheap at GS, its a very good game so I recommend everyone pick it up if they see a copy nearby. I already played it so I will leave that one to everyone else.

Another one is Pinball of the Dead, I managed to find a copy for 2.99 at a GS a couple years ago and was thrilled.[/QUOTE]

The tracker shows 3 GS's near me with Ninja Five O "in-stock". What are they even worth without the boxes?

[quote name='nas6034']The tracker shows 3 GS's near me with Ninja Five O "in-stock". What are they even worth without the boxes?[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of eBay?

Are there any other rare/valuable gems to keep an eye out for other than Ninja Five-o? I never really kept up with GBA games outside of the Mario, Zelda, and Final Fantasy series.

[quote name='doodofdoods']since we'll see remakes of Ruby/Sapphire[/QUOTE]

Eh, I could argue about R/S/E getting remakes is touch and go, but with 15,000 releases of FF1 I should just shut up and move along.

However...

[quote name='doodofdoods']since Pokemon Diamond/Pearl probably won't see remakes for another 6-7 years.[/QUOTE]

I can't see them doing a remake of D/P/P ever, why would they even need remakes?

[quote name='Elhaym']Eh, I could argue about R/S/E getting remakes is touch and go, but with 15,000 releases of FF1 I should just shut up and move along.

However...

I can't see them doing a remake of D/P/P ever, why would they even need remakes?[/QUOTE]

Why would R/B/G/S need remakes? Old games for new systems. We'll probably see a remake of another set down the line.

[quote name='Elhaym']Eh, I could argue about R/S/E getting remakes is touch and go, but with 15,000 releases of FF1 I should just shut up and move along.

However...

I can't see them doing a remake of D/P/P ever, why would they even need remakes?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eagleman70707']Why would R/B/G/S need remakes? Old games for new systems. We'll probably see a remake of another set down the line.[/QUOTE]

a remake for ruby/sapphire/emerald is most likely going to happen because theyve done a remake for the 1st and 2nd generation. though we wont see it for a while. (probably at least 3 years from now)

[quote name='david12795']a remake for ruby/sapphire/emerald is most likely going to happen because theyve done a remake for the 1st and 2nd generation. though we wont see it for a while. (probably at least 3 years from now)[/QUOTE]
Following the trend of things you are correct, but Ruby and Sapphire didn't really add anything to the series like Gold and Silver did. Gold and Silver deserved being remade, Sapphire and Ruby not so much.

R/S/E added abilities and IV's and EV's, I think that is pretty significant. Though I think IV's and EV's were always there just no one knew about them during the original games but I am not sure on that. I know R/S/E was the first games I found out about IV's and EV's on.

[quote name='aptanor']My gamestop shipped all of their GBA stuff to the next city and/or California :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they come to one of my local GameStops!

[quote name='skiizim']Hopefully they come to one of my local GameStops![/QUOTE]
Actually, from what the guy said, he made it sound like California wouldn't be clearancing them, they'll just continue to carry them in CA same way they still carry XBox games.

[quote name='aptanor']Actually, from what the guy said, he made it sound like California wouldn't be clearancing them, they'll just continue to carry them in CA same way they still carry XBox games.[/QUOTE]

That or they are centralizing the clearance to certain states/stores, since they'd probably never sell in certain places.

From what I know, I've been told by several managers and a few employees that they will indeed be doing a clearance on them come April 3rd, but as to the exact sale, they haven't told me, and I don't think they know yet either.

But I just came from a GS around me earlier, and they have the signs up already.

"Gameboy Advance are now a collector's item"

Which I found, hilarious.

I'll take a picture of the sign in the next couple of days and post it in the op.

Quite hilarious, :D

[quote name='eagleman70707']Why would R/B/G/S need remakes? Old games for new systems. We'll probably see a remake of another set down the line.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='david12795']a remake for ruby/sapphire/emerald is most likely going to happen because theyve done a remake for the 1st and 2nd generation. though we wont see it for a while. (probably at least 3 years from now)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='momouchi']D/P/Pt will probably be remade after we get the next (i.e. after the 3DS) generation of Nintendo's handheld.[/QUOTE]

Gen 1 and 2 had bad graphics and glitches, so a remake for them was called for. That is not the case for R/S/E or D/P/P, if they remake R/S/E then they should remake gen 1 again, and if they remake D/P/P they should remake gen 2 again which doesn't make any sense at all.

Gen 1 and 2 getting remakes doesn't mean that Gen 3 and 4 will get them as well.

[quote name='Elhaym']Gen 1 and 2 had bad graphics and glitches, so a remake for them was called for. That is not the case for R/S/E or D/P/P, if they remake R/S/E then they should remake gen 1 again, and if they remake D/P/P they should remake gen 2 again which doesn't make any sense at all.

Gen 1 and 2 getting remakes doesn't mean that Gen 3 and 4 will get them as well.[/QUOTE]

im just going by pattern.

They remade Gen 1 and 2 because you couldn't transfer Pokemon from the GBC games to the GBA games so the GBA games is really where this generation started. Also because some of the Pokemon weren't available in the new games, you needed the old ones to get all the Pokemon. That isn't an issue anymore since you can upload to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I just want Firered or Leafgreen to price drop just fill the missing gap of the original Pokemon I grew up with in my Heartgold collection.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I think I might pick up another micro or a gameboy advance sp when those price drop. The sp is the only model of GBA that I don't own.[/QUOTE]

If u looking for a SP, try to get the NEs SP since it was a limited edition item.

If you are looking for an SP just to play the backlit SP's are far better than the NES SP which does not have the backlight. There are 2 different versions of SP's frontlit and backlit. The backlit ones come in Light Blue, Light Pink and a gun metal like color (not black) as far as I know but there could be other colors. The backlit SP is literately the perfect gameboy and it plays all your old games too, I have one and its really awesome!! I don't think Gamestop charges different prices for the Backlit and non-backlit models.

However if you want a collectors edition the NES SP may be for you.

[quote name='SaraAB']If you are looking for an SP just to play the backlit SP's are far better than the NES SP which does not have the backlight. There are 2 different versions of SP's frontlit and backlit. The backlit ones come in Light Blue, Light Pink and a gun metal like color (not black) as far as I know but there could be other colors. The backlit SP is literately the perfect gameboy and it plays all your old games too, I have one and its really awesome!! I don't think Gamestop charges different prices for the Backlit and non-backlit models.

However if you want a collectors edition the NES SP may be for you.[/QUOTE]

Just as an extra word of advice, it's easier to just look at the model numbers on the back of SPs.

AGS-100 = non-backlit
AGS-101 = backlit

Happy hunting.

Just to confirm Squarehard's info, Gamestop's in-store advertising is announcing April 3 as the last day of accepting GBA games/hardware trade-ins.

[quote name='fwbweux']Just as an extra word of advice, it's easier to just look at the model numbers on the back of SPs.

AGS-100 = non-backlit
AGS-101 = backlit

Happy hunting.[/QUOTE]

Mine is AGS-001 and is frontlit. I always thought all SPs were backlit, so this is good info to know. I got mine really cheap from Goodwill a couple months ago, and thought maybe the light was dying because it wasn't that impressive. Still better than the OG GBA I've had since near launch, but the backlit looks far better.

Here's some comparison photos I found through Google.
http://timbermaniacs.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/5004649-back-lit-versus-front-lit

[quote name='salty tbone']Just to confirm Squarehard's info, Gamestop's in-store advertising is announcing April 3 as the last day of accepting GBA games/hardware trade-ins.

Mine is AGS-001 and is frontlit. I always thought all SPs were backlit, so this is good info to know. I got mine really cheap from Goodwill a couple months ago, and thought maybe the light was dying because it wasn't that impressive. Still better than the OG GBA I've had since near launch, but the backlit looks far better.

Here's some comparison photos I found through Google.
http://timbermaniacs.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/5004649-back-lit-versus-front-lit[/QUOTE]

001 is what I meant. Damn you, google, for giving me the wrong info when I was right in the first place and just wanted to double-check :bomb:

i was gonna start a thread but i found this one. I know theyre not taking trade ins at the end of this month/beginign of next, but does that mean that they will be clearnancing out their GBA games? My local ones have a couple decent games that i would like to pick up but if theyre going to drop the price i'll wait

i notice the index page mentions something about B2G1 sale like they did with xbox games... what is that?

Basically im just wondering if there will be a clearance sale or if i should just grab the games now or what. A few decent rpgs like lunar dragon song, tales of phantasia,
final fantasy tactics, ect. They also had tactis ogre for like 4.00 so i just grabbed that right now

B2G1 = Buy two get one

It's likely that they will start clearancing the games soon before they start tossing them out, but it's also likely that when that happens, there won't be any games worth getting.

The backlit model looks just as good as the screens on a DS Lite or any other modern handheld or phone. Plus you can play your old GB games on it which makes them look like they should finally. Another thing is you don't have to play all the games with a screen that has a yellowish tint because the frontlit GBA SP still has the yellowish screen and so does the original GBA. Getting to play all your old games on a screen that does not have the yellowish tint is priceless.

Hopefully they do a bit better than a B2G1, which wouldn't discount much since most of the games most people want to buy are very overpriced. The good thing is that most stores have a hefty stock of the Pokemon games since most people won't pay $30 for a cartridge only GBA game.

So guys, I scored a black Micro at a GS in Kentucky yesterday, which I'm pretty thrilled about. There's only one problem: the employee forgot to include the AC Adaptor in with the Micro itself when she bagged all my purchases for me :bomb::bomb::bomb:

This normally wouldn't be a huge problem except for the fact that this GS is a long distance from me as I just happened to be passing through. I'd have to set a day aside just to go there and pick up the AC. Is my best option to just call, explain the situation, and see if the AC can't be shipped to me? If they're not cooperative or are just like "derp, we can't find the AC" what's my next-best course of action?

[quote name='fwbweux']So guys, I scored a black Micro at a GS in Kentucky yesterday, which I'm pretty thrilled about. There's only one problem: the employee forgot to include the AC Adaptor in with the Micro itself when she bagged all my purchases for me :bomb::bomb::bomb:

This normally wouldn't be a huge problem except for the fact that this GS is a long distance from me as I just happened to be passing through. I'd have to set a day aside just to go there and pick up the AC. Is my best option to just call, explain the situation, and see if the AC can't be shipped to me? If they're not cooperative or are just like "derp, we can't find the AC" what's my next-best course of action?[/QUOTE]

well, duh, call them asap and shorten the time the as can be lost...
of course ask them to ship due to where you live... it never hurts to ask...
not sure why in world you would waste time to write here and not just call them first....

[quote name='donut']well, duh, call them asap and shorten the time the as can be lost...
of course ask them to ship due to where you live... it never hurts to ask...
not sure why in world you would waste time to write here and not just call them first....[/QUOTE]

Not sure I see how asking for a second opinion on pretty much anything is worse than wasting your time complaining about what you see as other people wasting their time :roll:

[quote name='fwbweux']If they're not cooperative or are just like "derp, we can't find the AC" what's my next-best course of action?[/QUOTE]

Only thing to do then would be to return it to them or buy an AC adapter online. But if the store has others they should be able to hook you up. Just let 'em know.

bread's done
Back