GameStop/EB: $5 Off Used Xbox 360 game; 30% Extra Trade-In Credit Coupon through 9/23

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']What, Bioshock is $25 now?!?! It say's $30 on the site :([/quote]

I can confirm this - Bioshock trade-in is down to $25 all of a sudden ($35 after bonus). Typical GS pricing games I guess...too good to be true to get $42 out of it.

Hardware, does that exclude my wireless usb adapter for the 360?
I just set up an ethernet hub, don't really need the thing any more

[quote name='aihuman']five copies of fuzion frenzy 2 with coupon and edge card 70 dollar credit.Preorder Call of Duty 4.[/quote]

You've met the GS Employee of the Month if you did that all in one transaction. Find out his schedule and latch on for a fun flippy ride until he gets fired.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Can i use the 30% thing to trade in a couple games towards a preorder, then when i pick up the preorder, use the 10% off coupon from another thread?[/quote]

The coupon for 10% off states that gamestop has the right to withdraw the coupon on the bottom left corner but I also had the same idea as you. It doesn't hurt to try.

I'm only guessing but your trade-in should be counted as credit. So i would just make sure the 10% off coupon is input at the time of purchase and then credit is used to pay off your game.

[quote name='mgreig']I can confirm this - Bioshock trade-in is down to $25 all of a sudden ($35 after bonus). Typical GS pricing games I guess...too good to be true to get $42 out of it.[/quote]
Yeah, they did this with Vegas as well. It was $25 last Monday, now it's $20 (which takes an extra $7 out of the picture with coupon) which sucks because I was going to get Resistance for $10 AC, not sure I want to plop down $17 for it.

Seems to me they released this coupon to make up for their shit trade-in values. I mean really, giving $25 for Bioshock when it sells for $55 used ... I'm all for a store making money, but that's freaking ridiculous.

YES! Now I can trade in Gears of War and not have to trade in other games I don't want to trade in to get the 30% bump! Thank you so much! I was just headed out the door when I figured I'd check first. Thank you!

Does anyone know if they require the coupon in color? Will they take it in black and white?

Also $30 for Bishock with the coupon still isn't that bad. It sells for about that on eBay.

Has anyone been able to trade in their games and get 10% Edge on top of the 30%?

I'm thinking about trading in GH1 w/ Guitar (PS2) since it's completely unplayable on an HDTV (no lag calibration in-game).

[quote name='Chronicus_Prime']Big ups to whoever posted the 30% extra coupon scan. Them gamestop douchebags kept saying its for halo only untill I finally bought the coupon in. F'ing Aholes. But I did actually score skate for only 16 bucks outta pocket![/QUOTE]

I took the fucking coupon in and the ass clown still needed to verify it with his manager. He kept telling me that it needed to go towards H3. Told him I already have it pre ordered and I even got a message from Aeris , he said "I'm sure it means it has to go to H3". Went to a different GS about a mile away and they did it with no questions asked, didn't even ask for the coupon!!

[quote name='asianxcore']Has anyone been able to trade in their games and get 10% Edge on top of the 30%?[/QUOTE]

I did.

FOR THE MOTHAfuckIN' WIKI!!!

Gears of War 360
base trade: 20.00

NOT FOR THE MOTHAfuckIN' WIKI!!!

the coupon: 6.00
edge card: 2.00

MOTHAfuckIN' TOTAL!!!

store credit: 28.00

I was hoping to get a bit more, but I got it for about 45 bucks. That's still only about a $17 loss. It could be worse. And I get to keep the Max Paynes, Jet Set Radio Future, and some other game whose name I've already forgotten that I planned to trade in.

Bioshock dropping to $25 makes it pointless to trade it in now. Gamerush value is $35 and ebay is $40.

However, my Halo 1 and Halo 2 are well worth it. About the same as ebay without fees after the 30%. Time to pick up phoenix wright 2.

Excellent coupon, avoids the run-around with needing 5 games for the current trade-in deal. Definitely going to trade in 3 I had sitting around, rest are probably going to eBay.

[quote name='asianxcore']Has anyone been able to trade in their games and get 10% Edge on top of the 30%?

I'm thinking about trading in GH1 w/ Guitar (PS2) since it's completely unplayable on an HDTV (no lag calibration in-game).[/quote]

i was able to get 60% for trade in :D
30% trade in bonus +10% membership +20% preorder
bioshock got ~$59.xx
The manager had to enter in the difference each by hand... so YMMV
i guess

bioshock drop in price cause of lack of multiplayer and too much trade ins

does anyone have a list of used games good to get with the $5 off... 360 of course

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Does anyone know if they require the coupon in color? Will they take it in black and white?

Also $30 for Bishock with the coupon still isn't that bad. It sells for about that on eBay.[/quote]

I almost always print off the coupons in black and white, at draft/worst quality to use the least amount of ink...just as long as the code number is legible, it should work.

Thanks to the OP for posting this coupon.

Traded in: (before/after 30% coupon + 10% Edge)

-Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera: $12/16.80
-Sonic and The Secret Rings (Wii): $14/19.60
-Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2): $7.00/9
-Guitar Hero 1 (PS2/Game-only): $15.00/21

As much as I'll bitch, I think I'm going to take in Halo 2 (I REALLY can't get into this game) and possibly Vegas. I would anticipate getting about $49 total which could go towards something I'll actually play. I may take in MP:Hunters also to add $14 to that.

I'm guessing that BioShock went down to $25 because everyone is trying to trade it in now (per this thread).

The coupons actually do scan at the register, but employees are so used to them not working that they will try to type them in. If there is a question about whether a coupon is valid or not, just ask them to ring up your order and scan the coupon. It should work and make the employee happy. I used a black and white copy of the coupon and it scaned just fine.

T

I traded in Halo 1 and 2. Got 35 credit I believe it was. Got Phoenix Wright 2 and gameinformer thing. The extra 10% was applied right then and I only paid $1.83. Actually a good deal at Gamestop, I couldn't believe it. Worker gave me a hassle with the coupon, said I had to have Halo 3 pre-ordered to use it. I said read the conditions on the coupon, not said anywhere. He was still giving me a hassle so I told him I do have Halo 3 pre-ordered just not at that store. (Gamerush actually) and he did it. Like pulling teeth to get any sort of deal at that store now, at least they have a good trade in value on the Halo games.

Manager whined the whole time. "You're only supposed to use this towards Halo 3."

I showed him where it says "towards anything else in the store" but man it's like pulling teeth. Finally got the 30% coupon + 10% card so it was worth it but you'd think it was coming out of their own pocket.

I used the coupon today, no problems, except getting the 40% w/ edge. But 30 is better than nothing. Heres what i traded (before 30%)

Xbox
Halo - $10
Halo 2 - $15

Wii
Legend of Zelda - $25
Resident Evil 4 - $15

bread's done
Back